Hyung Tortured By The Noisy Five

The Last Thread Of Love

Jeremy awoke. When he checked his alarm clock, it was almost seven-thirty in the morning. His head was totally aching.

"Damn," he cursed. "Annoying hangover."

As he crawled out of the bed, he caught a glimpse of the happening outside his window. Mi Nyu was already up, and she was feeding Jolie and her puppies. He felt so guilty about not being able to care for his dogs.

"I am an owner, and I should be responsible," he thought with conviction.

So, he took a bath and went out to grab breakfast.

****

Everyone else, save for him, was almost done with their food. Mi Nam still looked energetic despite being drunk last night. Jeremy looked at his bandmate and thought that Mi Nam might be Superman or something.

"Snail, sit down, aigoo..." Aunt Mi Ja said. "Why wake up so late?"

Jeremy massaged his aching temples. Turning to Mi Nam, he asked. "How did we get home?"

Mi Nam pointed at his little sister. The blond boy thanked the innocent girl for taking care of them.

"If it weren't for Shin Woo-hyung, I would have a hard time assisting you two," Mi Nyu said.

Jeremy began to sob as he sat down on his seat. Aunt Mi Ja hurriedly went to the snail guy and patted his back, asking him what's wrong.

"I miss Shin Woo-hyung," he sobbed. It was the first time that Mi Nam and Aunt Mi Ja saw him cry. "He was my shoulder to cry on when Tae Kyung-hyung would scold me and stuff. He really acted like a blood-related hyung to me."

"Now, now, stop crying and eat well," Aunt Mi Ja told him softly. "I am sure that Mr. Kang also misses you and still treats you as a namdongsaeng."

Tae Kyung and the rest were not able to utter a thing as Jeremy continued to sob like a little child while eating his breakfast. Mi Nyu felt bad for him. She could totally understand how Jeremy felt.

*****

AN Jell finished their practices later that night, and as they went down the lobby, Mars also went down with them. Jeremy saw Shin Woo and ran back up the stairs to meet him.

"Annyeong, Shin Woo-hyung!" Jeremy said with a smile.

Shin Woo stopped and smiled back. The blond boy rushed and hugged him tight. Then the brunette realized that his shirt was soaked.

"I miss you a lot, Hyung," Jeremy sobbed. "It's been months since we talked like this!"

Shin Woo patted his "namdongsaeng."

"Gwaenchanha. Hyung is here," he assured him.

He invited him to have dinner with his band. Jeremy became so excited that he rushed down and told Tae Kyung and Mi Nam about the invitation.

"Aish, I cannot go," Tae Kyung said as he checked his watch. "President Ahn needed me to have dinner with him and Mo Hwa Ran-ssi."

"I'm in!" Mi Nam said.

As Shin Woo got down, Tae Kyung looked at him. "Ya, thanks for the invitation, but I cannot go."

Shin Woo nodded, and the AN Jell leader instructed the former guitarist to take care of his former bandmates.

*****

The guys went to a restaurant and ate. Min Hyuk wanted to eat just anywhere, but Jung Shin said that they did not have any disguises, so they cannot eat just anywhere.

Anyhow, the guys shared stories over good food and soju. Since Shin Woo was the eldest in the group, he poured soju on his younger companions' shot glasses.

"Gamsahamnida, Hyung," Mi Nam said as he received the shot glass.

The other guys also took a shot of their own soju. Ah....it was good! For them, even if they can have as many cans of beer as they want, nothing can ever replace their beloved soju.

"Ah...it is so good to be on a food trip without Tae Kyung-seonbae," Min Hyuk revealed.

Shin Woo replied, a bit amused. "Wae?"

"He really has a scary scowl. I don't know how you guys were able to live with him," the cute guy answered. "Like, when he came every day to have a composition session with Hyung, he rarely smiles, and he looks at us as if we were food."

"I agree, that is why, I only greet him and not talk to him," Jung Shin said after drinking his soju.

"You think?" Mi Nam asked. "Well, I never cared for anyone when I came in the group. And he never cared for me either."

Then, he gave Shin Woo a weird look.

"What?" the brunette asked.

It was still AN Jell's secret that Mi Nyu entered the group in place of her brother and pretended to be a guy. President Ahn still did not know about it, but the Mars guys know, because Tae Kyung explained to them how he got to be Mi Nyu's  boyfriend. The guys also knew of Jeremy's unrequited crush/love for Mi Nyu, but they did not know anything about Shin Woo's unrequited love for her. All they know is that she called him hyung, and they believed they might have a special bond which had given her permission to even call him "Hyung."

"What?" Shin Woo asked again.

"Aish...it would have been better if I brought my cute sister along," Mi Nam said, trying to raise something out of Shin Woo.

"Geurae! Aish, I could not go on crushing on your sister, Mi Nam-seonbae," Jung Shin said. "I am in love with Ham Eun Jung."

The guys howled.

"I am in love with a certain girl, but she is in Japan right now," Jong Hyun said, though he did not mention the name.

"How about you, Mi Nam-seonbae? How are things with you and Yoo He Yi?" Min Hyuk asked.

"We are so through," Mi Nam replied icily. "She and Tae Kyung are secretly--umff!!!!"

He did not finish because Jeremy covered his bandmate's mouth. This aroused the curiousity of the other guys.

"How about you, Shin Woo-hyung?" Jung Shin asked Shin Woo. "It's been a year and a half, but you never told us about your fantasy girl."

He smiled sadly at them. "I cared about a certain girl, but she rejected me flat on my face."

He looked at Mi Nam as the guys commented this and that. "I'd rather forget about it as I had gotten over her."

Jeremy answered in his tactless manner. "Are you sure, Hyung? 'Coz Mi Nyu suddenly became very kind to you, much kinder than before."

Shin Woo froze in his seat and shot Jeremy a glare. The Mars guys looked at their hyung. And Mi Nam jabbed Jeremy.

"You mean, you were in love with Mi Nyu?" Jong Hyun asked carefully.

But Shin Woo did not answer.

"Ya, he's...he's not in love with my sister, all right?" Mi Nam said to cover up with Shin Woo.

But there was no way to hide it anymore. Jeremy had spilled the beans. Min Hyuk totally did not believe the keyboardist.

"Gwaenchanha, mine was just a minor crush on her," Shin Woo brushed it away just easily. "It was nothing."

He was used to hide his feelings, so he looked at the guys in the eyes. Min Hyuk ang Jong Hyun seemed to believe, but not Jung Shin.

"Are you doubting me, Jung Shin-ah?" he asked.

Jung Shin sat there as mysteriously as an untouchable person would. "Anio, hyung. I could not judge because I do not know the girl well."

Shin Woo thought he had met his match. He had to try to convince the bassist that he, the composer, is not in love with Mi Nyu.

"But I have heard that she and Tae Kyung-seonbae broke up," Jong Hyun said.

"Where did you learn that?" Jeremy asked.

"From your Coordi Noona, of course," the other guitarist answered. "Well, news sure has wings."

The guys continued their eating and drinking spree, and changed to other topics besides love. Their topic suddenly shifted from T-ara to biual tendencies to politics to sports. Throughout the session, Shin Woo drank a little, and took note of Jung Shin. The pretty bassist soon forgot all about the Mi Nyu topic, and Shin Woo heaved a contented sigh. He did not want his recently mended heart to be broken to a million pieces again.