Final

I'll Always Protect You

Your POV:

"But... why?" I asked looking up to my boyfriend, Chunghee. 

"Because, I'm tired of you.  I don't love you anymore," he said straight out. 

That broke my heart.  We had been together for 4 months now.  I thought we really had something, I mean on our first date he kissed me.  Everyday he would say he loved me.  I didn't get it at all.  He wanted to break up with me just because he was tired of me? 

"I thought... we had something special," I muttered. 

"Had.  But not anymore.  I have something special for someone who would make me happy," he smirked. 

"What will make you happy?  I do whatever it takes." 

"No you won't.  You're a goodie-goodie, you would never do it with me." 

I was speechless.  That's what he wanted, that was it? I questioned myself.  I really didn't know how to respond to that.  We're in freaking high school only and he's thinking about that?  I don't want to risk becoming pregnant now.  I actually have a picture for the future.  Plus it isn't like if I did become pregnant like he'll even care about the baby. 

"Bye, I've got to catch up with my new girlfriend," Chunghee said and left while waving his hand. 

We were standing right outside the school.  It was past the last bell and no one was around except for those who stayed after school for something.  A tear escaped from my eye as I thought of Chunghee. 

Once I got my senses back together, I finally moved my feet and headed home.  When I got home, my mother was gone and my father, who was a chef, was cooking dinner. 

"Hey, my lovely daughter.  How was school?" he asked when I walked in. 

"Fine," I replied simply trying hard not to show my sadness.  "I'll be back down for dinner later." 

"Alright then." 

Then I made my way upstairs to my room.  As I threw my backpack down on the ground, I started to tear up once again seeing the pictures of me and Chunghee hanging on my walls.  I ripped every single one of them off the wall and threw them into my small garbage can by my desk. 

Afterwards, I flopped down onto my bed and stared up at the ceiling.  I wiped the tears that were still running down my cheek with the back of my hand.  Then there was a knock at my door.  I quickly sat up and tried to act as if nothing was wrong. 

"Come in," I said in a monotone voice. 

"Hey," my cousin, Hyemi, said while opening the door. 

"Hey," I replied. 

"What's wrong?  You look sad." 

"Nothing." 

She looked around the room noticing it looked slightly different from before.  "What happened to you and Chunghee?" 

"We broke up." 

"Awe... see I told you he was an ." 

"I know, and I should've listened to you."

She came over to me and wrapped my in a hug.  Tears, once again, started to fall from my eyes.  Hyemi comforted me the best she could before we had to go down to eat.  Before I went down, I changed out of my uniform since it was starting to get uncomfortable. 

I quickly went downstairs and sat down where I usually sat.  Everyone was already there, my mother and father, and my cousin.  We began eating once I was settled.  As I ate, I started to space out. 

"Isn't that exciting, ~you~?" my mother asked. 

"H-huh?" I asked. 

"I said that Hyemi gets to stay longer," my mother repeated. 

"Oh, yeah.  That's cool." 

After dinner, I helped clean the table and washed the dishes.  Once everything was put away nicely and I was satisfied, I went back up to my room to start on my pile of homework.  Hyemi came in to do her homework with me later on. 

The next day at school, I walked in like everything was a normal day.  Hyemi decided to hang around me since I still wasn't feeling the best.  Then Park Chanyeol, her boyfriend, came by. 

"Hey, babe; ~you~," he greeted the two of us. 

"Hi," I replied. 

Hyemi put her arm around me and mouthed something to Chanyeol.  He 'ah' -ed and nodded his head, then quietly walked with us.  I went to my locker first of all and got things and put things away there.  I closed my locker and started walking to my first hour.  Hyemi and Chanyeol still kept following me. 

"You know, I'm okay.  You can leave," I told them. 

"But-" Hyemi started. 

"Go do what lovebirds usually do.  I'm fine.  I'll see you at home later," I cut her off. 

She gave me a worried look at first, but eventually walked away.  I like that she's trying to make me feel better, but her and Chanyeol just following me around felt weird. 

As I walked into my first hour class, I heard whispers and gossip about me and Chunghee already.  I ignored them the best as I could and went to sit in my seat.  After I was seated and pulled out the book for my class, I glanced up at the clock.  Class doesn't start for another 8ish more minutes.  'This is what I get for coming to school early,' I said to myself and put my head down. 

Suddenly I heard the whole class, well the girls, start chattering a lot and squealing.  Without even looking up I guessed that Chunghee had come into the class just now or my best friend Yixing and his friends.  When I looked up to see, I was right.  Chunghee, Yixing, and Luhan had just walked into class.  I laid my head back down and waited longer. 

I felt someone poke my shoulder, so I lifted my head up.  When I did I found myself face to face with my best friend.  "What?" I asked.  He gave me a smile and sat in his seat next to mine. 

"What's up?" he asked. 

"Nothing," I replied and laid my head down again, but this time facing him. 

He tilted his head to the side.  He opened his mouth to say something, but the bell rang and the teacher snapped the door opened and walked in.  Everyone was startled and sat up straight. 

The day went by quite fast actually.  The last bell rang and I shot up and started to pack my stuff.  Right when I was going to walk away, someone grabbed my arm stopping me from moving. 

"Wait," his voice pleaded. 

I turned around and looked at Yixing who stopped me.  "Yeah?" I asked. 

"I wanted to ask if you were okay because you don't seem like you're in your happy jittery mood today." 

"Well..."

"What happened?" 

"Chunghee kind of broke up with me yesterday..."  A tear ran down my eye still remembering exactly what he had said.  I was so glad that most of the class had already filed out of the room and didn't see me cry. 

Yixing pulled me into a hug.  Somehow, his way of comforting was a way different feel then Hyemi's comforting.  Then Luhan got up from his seat and said that he'd be going first.  Yixing nodded his head and then turned his attention back to me. 

"You know, ~you~... you shouldn't be crying over him.  He's a jerk.  If he doesn't understand how special you are, then it's his loss.  He gave up on a beautiful, smart, amazing, person.  He will never find a better person than you, ever.  Anyone should be lucky to have you in their life," Yixing said. 

His little speech made me feel a lot better.  I stared up into his eyes, his sparkling eyes and gave him a small smile.  He smiled back and came closer to me.  A feeling was starting to spark within me.  A feeling that I felt when I was with Chunghee.  A feeling that possibly only I felt while I was dating him. 

"He doesn't deserve an amazing girl like you," he continued. 

"Then who does?" I asked. 

"Would I be too selfish if I said... myself?"  I could see that he was really nervous when he asked that.  Then he started blushing.  My smile grew wider and I shook my head no as my hands reached around his neck.  He leaned in and kissed me.  When we parted, we were both breathing hard and looked into each other's eyes. 

"I know you just broke up with Chunghee and all, so I'll give you some time to recover.  I'll be waiting," Yixing said and grabbed his backpack.  I just nodded my head in understatement and walked out of the classroom with him. 

We were greeted by basically most of his friends and my cousin when we walked out.  I was a little bit scared and worried that they might've heard us talking, but it seemed like they were just passing by just now.  Maybe I should ask Hyemi later tonight. 

Lay's POV:

Honestly I had already known about ~you~ and Chunghee's break up the day they did.  I saw them outside of the school from the school's dance studio window and I guess stalked them for a little bit.  ~you~ was facing my way and from her facial expressions I could tell. 

When I came into school the next day people were confirming that they did officially break up.  Inside I was really happy and excited, but then again I was sat for ~you~.  She seemed really depressed.  I pretended not to know and was going to ask her what's wrong, but the bell rang and the teacher came in quickly. 

During one of our classes, Luhan and I were passing notes to one another in Chinese, just in case we dropped it, or someone was seeing us pass it back and for and tried to read it.  Basically, we were talking about what I was going to do now that ~you~ was single again and how I shouldn't miss this chance like I did a lot of times before. 

At the end of the day, I stopped ~you~ from leaving and finally asked her what was wrong.  When she spoke to me, I didn't expect for her to release tears about him. 

Our conversation went smoothly and I was able to stop her from crying over Chunghee.  We even kissed.  That was probably the best moment together ever since we've known each other.  It felt nice. 

As we both walked out, we bumped into my friends and her cousin.  The girls went their own way while I turned around to my friends and ratted them out.  "Okay, what did you guys hear and not hear?"  There was blabbering coming from all 11 of them, and I just started to walk away. 

Like I said, I waited until ~you~ was for sure over Chunghee and she was alright again.  I took her out to eat one day and I confessed to her again.  That's when we actually got together to be girlfriend and boyfriend. 

Your POV:

It's been a couple of months now since me and Yixing have been dating and everything's going smoothly.  We still act like the best friends that we were before, but just a little bit closer now. 

The nice spring breeze was blowing as I walked into school.  I felt a kiss being placed on my cheek.  I turned to find Yixing smiling with his dimple showing.  I poked it and pecked his lips. 

"Well, aren't you two the cutest couple on Earth," we heard a voice say. 

"Hey, you shouldn't be bothering them when they're having a moment," I heard Hyemi's voice say. 

"You only say that because you have that giant," Luhan said and pointed to Chanyeol who was talking to Chen and Baekhyun. 

After talking with them for another minute or so, we went out separate ways to our classes.  Morning classes went by quickly.  Then it was time for lunch.  I sat with Hyemi, Yixing, and the rest of the 11 of them.  We all finished early and decided to head outside for some fresh air. 

While we were talking and hanging out in the fields, Kris suddenly said, "Look out, here comes sir ."  We all looked up to see Chunghee running towards us.  When he got to where we were, he stopped and tried to catch his breath. 

"Can I talk to you, ~you~?  Privately?" he asked. 

"Just say what you have to say here," I said. 

"But I need to talk to you alone." 

"Okay, we'll leave," Hyemi said and dragged all of the guys with her except for Yixing. 

"Alone," Chunghee said staring down Yixing. 

"Hurry up before the bell rings," I said. 

"Fine," he gave in.  "I want you back." 

"You can't have her," Yixing said with no hesitation.  "~you~ is mine." 

"It's not for you to decide.  It's for ~you~ to." 

"I'm sorry, Chunghee, but Lay is right.  You had your chance, but you gave it up.  So, now it's too late to come back," I said backing Yixing up. 

Chunghee scoffed and walked away.  I smiled to Yixing and pecked his lips.  Then we ran to catch up with our friends who were starting to head back into the school. 

The next day at school seemed to go by quicker than usual.  At lunch time, after I ate I went to the bathroom.  When I came out from the bathroom, someone grabbed me and covered my mouth so I wouldn't scream.  When the person took me to a secluded part of the school, he let me go.  It was Chunghee. 

I was about to yell and scream at him, but then he pushed me up against the lockers.  He trapped me so I couldn't escape.  I was honestly a little afraid then.  He came closer to me until our bodies were touching.  The look on his face that he had, his smirk, gave me chills.  Then the bell rang signaling that lunch time was over and we needed to head back to class. 

"I love you, ~you~.  I didn't really want that girl," Chunghee said once everything quieted down.  "I realized that I needed you."  He pushed his body up against mine so that my back was touching the lockers behind me.  "You know, you ?" he asked after a pause.  I pushed him off of me and was about to run away, but he caught my wrist. 

He roughly pulled my arm and pushed me back up against the lockers.  Then he pulled my collar apart breaking the buttons.  As I struggled to get free he became more rough with me.  I looked up to his eyes and saw the anger.  He pulled down my tank top that I had underneath down so that my bra was showing.  I pushed him off of me again, but he pushed me back into the same spot. 

Then he slowly started to slip his hand underneath my skirt.  I shoved his hand away, he lifted that hand and smacked me.  I yelled for help, but he smacked me again, harder.  Tears were forming in my eyes because of the pain. 

Suddenly Yixing showed up with a few folders in hand.  He dropped what he had in his arms and ran over to us.  Yixing pushed Chunghee off to the side and checked to see if you were okay.  He put his hand up to my cheek and caressed his softly.  But Chunghee pushed Yixing away and started to fight him. 

I tried my absolute best to get Chunghee away from Yixing and get between the two.  When I successfully got Chunghee away from hitting Yixing, he threw a punch towards me.  But I wasn't the one who got hit.  Yixing received the punch and blocked you from getting hurt.  He started to spit out blood.  I felt terrible and knelt down beside him to get a better look at his wound. 

Lay's POV:

After lunch, ~you~ didn't come back from the bathroom.  Her stuff was still at her desk, so she didn't go home.  I started to get worried about her.  Then the teacher asked who would like to send some papers down to get copied or whatever.  Immediately I raised my hand and took the papers. 

As I was walking through the empty halls, I heard someone scream.  I ran to where the scream came from and then heard a loud smack noise.  That's when I turned the corner and saw ~you~ and Chunghee.  My eyes widened at what Chunghee was trying to do to my precious girlfriend.  I dropped the papers and ran over to them. 

I pushed Chunghee off of her and quickly examined her to see if she was hurt.  Her blouse's buttons were ripped off and lying on the ground and her tank top looked messed up.  Then I looked up to her cheek.  It was as red as a tomato.  I put my hand up to her opposite cheek and checked it.  But then I was pushed down. 

Before I knew it, Chunghee was hovering over me punching me as if I was a punching bag.  I protected my head just in case he was aiming for it.  The punching stopped and I quickly got up. 

As if time had been set in slow motion, I saw Chunghee lift up is hand and was about to punch ~you~.  Quickly I made my way in front of her and took the punch right on my left cheek.  Suddenly a lot of liquid was filling in my mouth so I spit it out.  I realized that I was bleeding. 

Chunghee came towards us again after ~you~ pushed him away and knelt down to me.  I felt dizzy after that hit and still needed to process things a little before I got back on my feet.  Then I heard ~you~ scream, "Stop it!" 

Still laying on the ground, I saw him take ~you~ by her hair and then kicked me in the stomach a few times before crashing his lips onto hers.  She tried struggling her way out of the kiss, but he was quite strong.  I really wanted to help her and rescue her, but pain rushed over my body like crazy and I felt like I couldn't get up. 

Finally teachers came out of their room and pulled Chunghee away from us.  ~you~ dropped down to her knees and crawled over to me.  "Are you okay?" she asked, tears threatening to fall from her eyes.  I smiled lightly and nodded my head before getting up.  I pulled her back up to her feet once I was standing and wrapped my arms around her trying not to get blood on her.

"I'm sorry," I apologized when we were in the nurse's office getting patched up. 

"About what?" she asked with a worried filled face. 

"That I couldn't protect you..." 

"But you just did, you're my hero, Zhang Yixing."  She smiled and pecked my lips that still had some dry blood on them.  I looked down at our feet and sighed.  "Hey, if you didn't come, then I probably would still be out there with that guy."  I nodded and lifted my head to kiss her. 

"I'm so glad your safe," I whispered. 

"I'm glad you're safe, too," she whispered back. 

"I love you and I will protect you forever and ever." 

She giggled and said, "I love you too and I know you will." 

 

 

---------------------------------

Hey guys!! I hope you liked it!  Please give me feedback below in the comments!  And if you get the chance please go check out my other stories that I have up and expect more to come in the future.  Thank you so much and I hope you enjoyed reading! 

 

~Angelflyer