Chapter 1

Target

Chapter 1 

The Boy


 

Eunji didn't want to wake up.She was having a much better time asleep.It was almost like a reverse nightmare, like when you wake up from a nightmare you're so relieved.She had woke up into a nightmare. Eunji wanted to sleep to escape from reality. 


Eunji was afraid of being happy again because if she gets too happy,something bad always happen.She already have too much scars in her heart and it was impossible to erase all the pain.She regretted loving him too much.He give her so many memory to remember,but he just walked away like nothing had ever happened. She walked to the direction of her school,steps getting faster by seconds.

She didn't know the reason of going to school. She has no friends, and was 'famous' for being called a loner.

When Eunji stepped in her class,all eyes were on her as she say on her usual seat,at one corner of the class.Usually, no one would care to look at her but recently,there were rumours spreading around the school about Eunji. Eunji knew about it,but she didn't care.Because no one would believe her words.

Soon,the bell rang,signaling that class has started.

The teacher turned around,smiling widely at the students. Everyone smiled back,excluding Eunji as she found no need of smiling. She hate it.

At this moment,someone walked in and stood in front of the whole class.

"Ah! You must be the new transfer student. Please introduce yourself."

"My name is Park Chanyeol,you can call me Chanyeol.Please take care of me!" 

He smiled brightly to the class,showing his rich teeth.Everyone looked up at him, and was surprised to see a handsome figure.No wonder a lot of girls are now drooling and boys looking envy at him, he was like a doll. Perfect. 

When Eunji looked at him,their eyes met. At that moment, Eunji knew that there was something in his eyes that make her look so familliar. She could not figure out why as Eunji immediately broke the eye contact.

"Please find your seat now,Chanyeol."

He nodded and looked around. There was only one empty seat, just next to Eunji. He quickly went to her direction and sat next to her.

After that, Chanyeol wrote on a piece of paper : What is your name?  and give it to Eunji.

Eunji saw it, and replied : Eunji. Please don't write paper to me. Teacher is looking. and give it back to  Chanyeol.

When Chanyeol read it, he looked over to see the teacher was looking at him. He smiled apologetically at the teacher and bowed slightly.  

Soon, it was time for them to head to the cafeteria. A lot of girls went up and ask him if they could sit with him but all he said was,"I'm sitting with Eunji." 

Everyone gasped in shock as Chanyeol took her hand and pull her to the cafeteria.When they settled down, a girl came forward and whispered to Chanyeol,"You should sit with us." When Chanyeol heard that,he only smiled and refuse politely to her invitation.

Eunji also heard that,but she pretend she didn't hear anything.When the girl stormed off,Chanyeol looked at Eunji and smiled.Eunji could not understand why Chanyeol keep smiling as they started talking.

Chanyeol said,"Want to meet me after school?" and give her the most brightest smile ever. Eunji just nodded.

Before long,the bell rang.Everyone scurried back to the classroom as Eunji and Chanyeol walked back slowly.


"Interesting..."Chanyeol muttered under his breath.
"Why does he look so familliar..." Eunji thought in her mind.

After a few hours,the bell rang.

Everyone ran out of the class,wanting to get out of the classroom as quickly as they could. Only Chanyeol was waiting there patiently for Eunji. Eunji looked sullenly as they walked together home.

Eunji could not know why Chanyeol was walking with her,and even talking to her.She heard a student telling him about her,but he doesn't mind.She stopped for a while,not sure of what to do. 

"What's wrong?"

"Let's go to the park."

 "Alright."

They walked to the nearby park and walked a few rounds.Soon,they stopped in front of a bench and sat on it.

"May I ask you why you always look so depressed?" Chanyeol asked.

"You shouldn't know......" Eunji muttered.

"Please don't ask me..." Eunji thought in her mind.

Chanyeol knew that Eunji was avoiding his question so he asked,"You should smile,you will look prettier."

"Pretty?I don't care about being pretty..I can't smile anymore..." Eunji muttered,looking depressed on the floor.

"Why?"

That question strucked her on her mind. Why? Easy,because of her ex-boyfriend. He was the reason she was depressed. It was not because she could not get over him,she already did,but what he did to her was unforgivable. 

"I don't know...." Eunji said,thinking about her ex boyfriend.

"You look familliar. Do I see you before?" Chanyeol said.

"Oh? That was what I was thinking..." Eunji replied.

"Well,..." Before Chanyeol could continue,Chanyeol's phone rang. He answered it and soon,he hang up.

"I would love to stay more,but I have to go. My sister called. She wants me to go home now."

"It's alright. Bye!" Eunji said, walking to her house as Chanyeol and she separated ways.

When she got home,she went to bathe and after that,she went to do some chores. Before long, darkness came. She loved the darkness as she lay down on her bed.

"Chanyeol looks like a good person...but I can't seem to trust anyone anymore.What if he hurt me? Like what my old friends and ex boyfriend did? I should find more about him before I started being his friend.But he look very familiar..do I know him before? Or is he one of my ex friends?" She thought in her mind and soon,she closed her eyes,trying to fall asleep.

"I have good day at the park.But something went off. Eunji looked very depressed....Her eyes look so familliar, I wonder if I seen her before?" Chanyeol smiled,thinking about Eunji.

"I should not think about her,silly me. Why am i even thinking about her? I can't like someone so soon! It's not first love in sight! I should sleep now or else I would be late for my second day of school!" Chanyeol muttered to himself,hitting gently on his head. He shakes off the thoughts about Eunji and went to sleep.

 

"I want to see her/him again..."

 

Those were the last words they muttered before they drifted into their dreamland.