Incredulous Arrangement

Incredulous Love Who Knocked & Stayed

Chapter 1: Incredulous Arrangement

 

“Miss Kim So Eun, can you kindly make the kitchen more presentable before my new tenant starts living here?”

“What? New tenant?” So Eun stared at her landlord, who happened to be one of her best friends. “Ya, Kang Ha Neul, why am I not informed of this?”

“Would you bother listening to what I have to say in the first place? I have rented you my beautiful apartment for a year while charging you at the rate of renting one room outside! And my apartment is in such a fantastic location, with breathtaking scenery, well-lit interior, established facilities and easy access to transport…” Ha Neul was doing his sales pitch again.

“Yes, Mr Kang, I thank you for your generosity, but I am your best friend and matchmaker! I will tell Ji Won about this! And for your information, I do pay my own electricity bills, clean the house and make you meals! Aish!” So Eun threw a cushion at Ha Neul who was standing in front of the glass windows through which the breathtaking scenery could be viewed. “You just killed my inspiration for my online story!”

“Ya, Kim So Eun!” Ha Neul picked up the cushion which hit him and glared at So Eun. “When are you going to stop writing those online stories? You should focus more on your job as a model and part-time designer! You can earn more money!” Ha Neul decided to sit near So Eun, who was scratching her head because she just lost her train of thoughts for the introduction of her new online story.

Kim So Eun had been a model for about five years now, and she did make some acting debuts in music videos, and had even dabbled in fashion design. However, when she was back in the comfort of her home, she loved to read stories online and had an interest in writing stories, especially romance. Her years of writing online stories had been longer than her modelling career. While one of her many short online stories finally got published under her pen name, writing was not a money-making profession.

“Ya, Kang Ha Neul! You know how much I love writing and this helps me to relieve stress from my work!” So Eun pouted and retorted.

“Relieve stress? You look more stressed when you are thinking of what you want to write! And look at you, when you are at home, nobody can ever tell that you are that model on those magazines! Baggy pants, oversized tops and those wide and thick framed spectacles!” Ha Neul began pointing at So Eun’s casual and comfortable dressing style at home.

“Ya, Kang Ha Neul, just because you are the CEO of our media company and my best friend do not mean that you can be so superficial and critical of my appearances! Be careful I tell Ji Won how you judge my appearances with such ease. It must be because you have been looking at too many pretty actresses and models!” So Eun smirked and hit Ha Neul gently on his arm.

Kang Ha Neul was So Eun’s boss. Ha Neul and his girlfriend, Kim Ji Won, had established an artiste company three years ago, and had pulled the then rising star, Kim So Eun, into their company. Ha Neul was also juggling an investment career together with the media company. Investing was his forte, and investment in properties had been his pet favourite. Of course, money-making was Ha Neul’s motto in life, but he was not a miserable miser. He earned and knew how to enjoy life, but not too excessively. That was what So Eun admired about Ha Neul the most, despite being from a wealthy family, he knew what he wanted to do, and he excelled in investing. However, he did thorough research and analysis before making his choices. He was smart and down-to-earth. While there were setbacks, he stood back on his feet and learnt better.

“Stop bringing Ji Won into everything!” Ha Neul scowled and met with So Eun’s grin of triumph.

“How can I not when she is my best trump card against you?” So Eun chuckled at her best friend’s response.

Kim Ji Won was So Eun’s fellow modelling colleague and they had hit off well. One day, she decided to let her best friend in modelling and her best friend since high school met, and sparks flew. Ji Won and Ha Neul had been together for four years now. In fact, some of the experiences that Ji Won and Ha Neul had during their relationship were reflected in bits and pieces in her online stories. So Eun chuckled, as she recalled Ha Neul’s strong reaction of disbelief when Ji Won was discussing with her how certain details could be elaborated. These details often were to exaggerate Ha Neul’s faults, and Ha Neul could only pretend to sob and growl to no avail behind the two excited ladies’ backs.

“Why are you laughing?” Ha Neul asked with a serious look on his face. He had an ominous feeling about this.

“I am just imagining my conversation with Ji Won, and her reactions, and then how you will have to defend yourself, and how the story will unfold. Best of all, I am imagining those priceless expressions of yours when I am typing all those details down into my new story!” So Eun replied honestly, flashing her two neat rows of teeth.

“Ya, Kim So Eun! You and your imagination and your stories! AHHHHH! Why are we even best friends?” Ha Neul lowered his head and showed a sorrowful and pained expression.

“Why? Aren’t you glad? It is because we are such good friends that you get to meet Ji Won!” So Eun patted his back.

“Just wait until you thank me for getting such an awesome tenant to stay with you. We will be quits once you two get together. By then, I will be your matchmaker and I will get a trump card against you too. Just you wait!” Ha Neul retorted.

“What did you just say? I will get together with the new tenant? You will be my matchmaker? These mean… WHAT? KANG HA NEUL. IS THE NEW TENANT A GUY?” So Eun was flustered.

It was Ha Neul’s turn to flash a triumphant smirk. “Of course, a male model and actor-to-be just joined our company. He wanted to stay away from his family for some time, and guess what, I told him that I will arrange it. He has dimples, a nice smile, and is sooooooo charming!” Ha Neul was doing yet another sales pitch.

“What? Does he even know that he will be staying with me, a female?” So Eun exclaimed.

“Why are you getting so worked up? It is not like you will immediately get into something when you two stay together! What are you thinking about, Kim So Eun?” Ha Neul teased, pinching her cheeks.

“Don’t you know that even dormitories are separated by gender? And are you charging him rent? Does Ji Won even know of this?” So Eun was clearly bothered.

“One, yes, I do know that dormitories have gendered divisions. But, Miss Kim, as you can clearly see, you are not staying in a dormitory. Of course you can choose to pack up and stay in a dormitory. Secondly, yes, I am charging him rent, twice of what you are paying. Lastly, Ji Won knows and she is highly supportive of this plan as she thinks you need a real man and not be too obsessed with fictional men whom you created yourself.” Ha Neul answered So Eun’s enquiries.

So Eun’s lips parted a little in shock and she could only stare at Ha Neul, who was beaming at her. This gave her a greater sense of defeat and she covered her face with her palms. “What is this world coming to?”

“You can always move out. I am not forcing you to stay here with another man. Don’t worry, I will conduct random spot checks with Ji Won when we have the time!” Ha Neul spoke in an encouraging tone, and patted So Eun’s head.

So Eun raised her head up and stared hard at Ha Neul, who was still smiling. “I will not move out. This place is mine! I have stayed here comfortably for five years now…” Ha Neul had rented this place to So Eun when she was starting her modelling career so that she had a place whereby there was a higher guarantee of privacy. He did not want to see his best friend being stalked, or having paparazzi following her unnecessarily and extensively, as he could see the fame she could achieve. One needed a pass to tap and enter this building, even though there might not be guards on duty all the time.

“So Eun ah, I am really doing this for your own good. He is really a good catch. I can’t be here for you always, and I will feel more secured if there is a real man taking care of you, when Ji Won and I cannot be here.” Ha Neul spoke sincerely, and he could tell that So Eun wanted to rebuke that she was doing fine and she had other friends and family whom she visited from time to time. They had discussed this matter several times.

“I know, but your parents are waiting for you to have a stable partner, and eventually settle down. While this sounds traditional and patriarchal, you know we will all love to see you wearing a lovely wedding gown, crying tears of happiness when you have found your partner. Ji Won and I also know how you envision that, even when you said you don’t, it is all reflected in your online stories.” Ha Neul spoke with such tender concern that So Eun could feel her tears b. Indeed, sometimes, she would be so envious of Ha Neul and Ji Won. He took such good care of her and they were always helping each other. There were serious and heated arguments, but other times, their bickering was so adorable and the way they looked out for each other was the best part to So Eun.

As a best friend, Ha Neul had taken really good care of her, like an elder brother, even though they were of the same age. So Eun nodded her head and smiled at Ha Neul, “thanks Ha Neul, I know, I know. I just…” Ha Neul pulled So Eun into a warm embrace.

“So let’s start cleaning up now. The spare guestroom will become his room! So technically you do not have to clear anything else, just that you have to be more careful about how you tend to leave things everywhere at the living room and kitchen.” Ha Neul broke the hug and stood up. “After our clean up, we will have dinner with Ji Won outside! The guy will move in three days from now. So you have some time to prepare yourself mentally and psychologically!” Ha Neul was back to his cheeky self.

So Eun raised her hands, signalling Ha Neul to pull her up. She was in the deal.

-

Story Title: Start of Something New

Chapter 1: Moving In

“WHAT? YOU GOT ME A FEMALE TUTOR AND SHE IS GOING TO STAY WITH ME? NO, HYUNG, NO!” Jackson shrieked.

“My words are your command, Lee Jackson!” Lee Dong Wook remained calm.

“No, Hyung, we are in a democratic era! I have my rights to object!” Jackson continued to protest.

“Not since our parents passed away, I am your guardian, and you are not of legal age yet.” Dong Wook smirked, his eyes glistening with self-pride. He was 13 years older than Jackson, and since their parents passed away six years ago, Dong Wook had been attending to all of Jackson’s matters. Jackson knew how hard it was for his elder brother, to be running the family company and taking care of him. However, living with a female tutor, was going to be kind of embarrassing if his friends knew.

“How old is my tutor, Hyung?” Jackson asked.

“Same age as you! She will help you with your Korean. I have also checked, she loves to play sports and has great interest in singing and dancing! So you two do not have to speak formally and can play some sports together. Aren’t I great to you?” Dong Wook pulled his little brother by the shoulder and gave him a tight hug.

“Hyung, I am already 20 years old and my Korean is not that bad!” Jackson protested.

“Yes, of course, but you can always brush up your Korean, especially since you have been studying in the States for the past four years. I will be busier with business this year, and she will be a great help. Da Hae helped me to source for this girl too. We have met her and she is very charming.” Dong Hae spoke.

“Can I take a look at how she looks like?” Jackson pleaded.

“No, you will see her tomorrow.” Dong Wook smiled. “We are getting late for dinner and your future sister-in-law is going to be so mad at me if we are late! Don’t worry, I will still be staying with you. It is her who will feel weird staying with two of us.” Dong Wook pulled the worried Jackson out of the house for their dinner.  

Morning arrived and Jackson walked into the kitchen, with his eyes half closed. He was still sleepy. He was unable to sleep well because of the new girl who was going to stay with him and his brother. “Wait, the new girl!” Jackson realised that it was morning now, and his eyes widened. The new girl might be here! He looked around suspiciously, walking stealthily with small, quiet steps into the kitchen where he heard some noises.

“A ponytail and apron and small build! She must be the one. Let me test how good her reflexes are!” Jackson crept near the figure with the pony tail and shouted at her, “BOOM!”

“Omo!” The petite figure with the ponytail and wearing the apron turned around.

Jackson knew he was in trouble.

“Ya, Lee Jackson!”

“Sorry, Noona. I thought it was the new girl so I…” Jackson tried to explain.

“What? Is that how you will treat the new girl? Ya, Lee Jackson, did they teach you that this is the way to treat visitors in the States? And how can you mistake me for the new girl? Haven’t you seen me enough times here? Didn’t we just had dinner together yesterday?” The figure spoke rapidly and animatedly.

“I am sorry, Da Hae Noona, my favourite Noona, my future sister-in-law. I am so sorry. You know how much I love you, right?” Jackson went forward to give her a hug.

Da Hae softened at the little brother’s humouring gestures, though the part where he called her -future sister-in-law sounded so perfect that she grinned and blushed, and she decided to hug him back and pat him on the back. “Your brother went to pick her up. You must have been thinking about the new girl relentlessly last night. Go and brush up and wear something more presentable. I came early to whip up a nice breakfast to welcome the girl, though it looks like I have to recook the eggs.”

Jackson nodded his head and obediently followed his Noona’s suggestions.

“This is your room, unpack later, we will have breakfast first. Let’s go!” Jackson could hear his brother’s voice after he finished his bath. The new girl would be staying in the opposite room from his, while his brother would stay in the second level, adjacent to the study room.

“Ne!” He could hear a bright, cheery voice. “Sounds nice,” Jackson thought and chose a loose black top and baggy pants. “These should be presentable, right? Who cares? It is my style!” Jackson smirked at himself and even wore a cap.

“Morning everybody~!” Jackson greeted loudly at the kitchen, determined to not show any trace of fear or worry.

The new girl who was already seated immediately stood up and greeted him back, “Hello, I am Heo Youngji!”

The new girl had dyed her hair red and had straight bangs covering her forehead. Her hair ended in curls, below her shoulders, and her smile was radiant. Those eyes of hers were twinkling with so much interest. Jackson was momentarily lost in her eyes but immediately composed himself. “I am Jackson!” He removed his cap and did a bow.

“Hi, Jackson, you…” Youngji was laughing, wide open, but no sound was coming out. She was also pointing at Jackson.

“What?” Jackson as bewildered as well and then his Hyung and Noona started chuckling along with Youngji.

“What? Why are all of you laughing? What is so funny?” Jackson gazed at the three people who were laughing and then he looked at himself.

He realised what was so funny. He had worn his shirt inside out. “Oh my god!” He rushed backed into his room immediately. So much for a pleasant first impression!

However, after this embarrassing encounter, the four was able to have a good breakfast. Da Hae helped Youngji with her unpacking and the four spent the day together, for some cohesion, and to help Jackson and Youngji become more comfortable with each other.

-

Hello everyone, I hope you will like this new story of mine, which is titled “Start of Something New”. I know this title is cliché but this is how I am feeling right now. This story will be based on my own personal experiences of getting a new companion living with me, and that person has not moved in yet. Though I hope he will be as bubbly and lovely as Youngji described here. Wish me luck and leave me some comments or even some suggestions on how to deal with new companions living in the same house. And like Jackson here, I will be getting a male companion to live in the same house as me. Do not ask me how and why, but I will really appreciate if you can send in some suggestions for me. Hope you all enjoy this story!

Best Regards

Kim Sarang

-

So Eun sighed as she published the first chapter of her new online story. Her pen name was Kim Sarang, as she could not think of anything else, and all her online stories would be romance, and so the name “Sarang” which meant love in Korean. After the dinner which was full of teasings from Ha Neul and Ji Won, she decided that she needed to write to vent her frustrations of these two. However, despite their endless teasings, these two best friends cared and were always there for her, to make her smile and laugh at her unique jokes or playful tactics. This was also why she decided to add in the characters of Dong Wook and Da Hae. She also liked to praise herself for letting Dong Wook stay with Jackson, so that the situation could be less awkward, compared to her real situation where she had to deal with it all alone. She really wished her readers could help her.

“Three more days… I wonder how he will be like. Oh my god!” So Eun gasped and buried her head in the pillow. She had to sleep. She had a photoshoot tomorrow. 

-

End of Chapter 1:)

Hope you all like it. Kindly leave some comments:) THANK YOU:D

Cheers

th1rd3yecrunch :)