yongguk - ahjummonie

jung eunji and him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ahjummonie

Jung Eunji was obviously not in her right mind. She looked utterly uncomfortable on her seat. Her gaze couldn’t stop at one state, it didn’t even know what it was looking at. Even though all the members of Apink were in this room, her brain was too oblivious of their presence.

It had been the umpteenth times she chewed her snack inside yet she didn’t even gulp it. No one, including her had noticed this, some of them were immersed to the gossip time while the others locked their eyes onto the funny TV program. Yet her daze eventually caught the leader’s attention. Park Chorong knew her too well.

“Ya, Eunji – ya!”

All eyes went immediately to the main vocal which still couldn’t be reached. Her mind went somewhere, somewhere which didn’t have determined place. So, the first attempt to call her was failed.

“Ji,” the second attempt was done by Yoon Bomi, who caught the worry on the leader’s gaze. Yet her voice was too far from that girl’s consciousness. Bomi then sent a message to the maknae to do something (she was sitting next to that zombie girl).

“Eonni,” Oh Hayoung gave a soft touch on Eunji’s arm which was successfully got her attention.

“Em?” she then reciprocated the maknae’s look, with a soft smile (like always), “wae? What did you say?” Jung Eunji was indeed out of mind. Hayoung was merely her bottom lip and she managed to send a quick look towards the leader. Eunji followed suit, was oblivious of the reasons.

“Are you okay?” The leader said, utterly worried.

“Em, what’s wrong?” The girl still couldn’t get it.

“You’ve been zooming out for too long. Are you okay?”

Eunji managed to spill a soft chuckle before grinning thinly, “yes, I’m fine eonni.”

“Don’t you need to call him?” this time Bomi was the second one who showed some same concern. Eunji moved her gaze into her best friend. And she eventually grasped the meaning of those looks on her members’ face, especially the leader’s and her best friend’s.

She though didn’t cover her failure, as the next thing she did was shaking her head, “he didn’t pick up the call,” now her eyes all together looking at her palm, ignoring the pity look from the others. She understood they were just showing concern, but it didn’t feel good, actually. She didn’t like the theory of her problem burdening other people around her. She wished, she could solve her problem by herself.

But it wasn’t (never) a good solution. This selfless side of her was a big problem. She was usually the shoulder for the members, she should sometimes do the same, leaning her head on theirs.

The other members slowly got into the topic, Son Naeun was the next who spoke. She asked her whether Eunji had tried contacting the other boys which she answered with another shake.

“Try then!” Chorong firmly told. “Call Daehyun or Himchan, I believe they will answer your call.” Chorong managed to add an assurance nod before pointing her phone which was just in front of her.

“Go eonni, make a call!” the maknae gave another support.

For seconds Eunji was merely looking at her own phone, considering yet doubting. She looked up into her leader’s eyes, and she got a firm not. It was more than enough for her.

“Ok,” she said before taking the phone and standing up, leaving the girls for the wide opened balcony on their dorm.

While the rest girls continued their doing, Eunji was looking for her best friend’s number, wishing they were already in the country.

The first ring was failed, he didn’t pick it up. But it obviously gave her the fact that they were eventually in Korea. She overcame her doubt and made the second call. And after the forth ring, the word hallo was heard.

But it wasn’t his voice, it wasn’t Daehyun’s voice. The voice next to her ear was too deep, too husky to be owned by her best friend. And it had managed to freeze her breathing. The familiar voice then hallo-ing her again which she reciprocated with a hard gulp.

He didn’t pick her call these two months. After the cancelation of their last concert, the sudden vacation thing, the entire rumor about disbanding, and followed by the lawsuit things, he was out of her reach. She had almost believed that he had been ignoring her even though she had no idea why he did that. But to her surprise there he was, showing up on ’s phone.

“Who is this? I’m sorry but Daehyun is out for awhile, he leaves his phone.”

Wait. She didn’t understand. Shouldn’t her name show up on the phone? Why he didn’t know her? Was Daehyun replaced her name with something his leader didn’t understand?

And it stopped her from questioning his ignorance, as she grasped a thing, thing which hurt her.

Her conclusion was, because he didn’t know who the caller was so he picked it up. What it would be if the phone telling him that it was her, it was his girl, it was his girlfriend whom he had ignored these whole months (no, these whole two moths) – and sadly, her suspicion seemed correct.

“Hallo?”

His famous deep and husky voice called her again. And she couldn’t manage to her tears.

“Oppa…” yes, her voice was shaking.

_____

Buuuuzzzzz … buuuuzzzzz… buuuuzzzzz

“Dae! Your phone!”

Once he turned around, Bang Yongguk groaned for getting no one inside the room. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter