Chapter 1

Close Your Eyes

Park Hyojin’s head rested softly on the passenger window. Her mom was driving besides her, humming loudly to the latest trendy boy group’s song. Hyojin could not help but feel a little annoyed. She had told her mom again and again that she did not want a graduation party. She wanted to rest before she entered medical school and parties made her nervous. But here they were driving toward her mom’s favorite venue for surprise parties.

She knew this wasn’t enough to make a compelling argument against her mom. However she had been up since 5 A.M. being dragged to a day spa where her mom insisted that she get her hair colored and permed. Her mom had even bought her a dress. Hyojin was so pissed, before buying the most expensive pale gold jeweled dress she could find, she insisted the stylist give her blonde hair with lavender highlights.  Now she was sitting in the car looking like a complete . She looked like a twenty-four year old scientist pretending to be a nineteen-year-old idol.

First thing in the morning, God willing her not to trip and fall to her death in these ridiculous heals, she was getting rid of her bejeweled claws and getting her hair dyed back to its natural color. Then she was going to take back this over the top dress. She knew that she was the only person to blame for her appearance right now, but sometimes she just lost it. Her mom never respected her wishes, and no matter how crazy she acted, her mom showed no reaction.

A shiver ran down her spine causing her to lift her head off the wind-chilled window. She really couldn’t believe she was wearing a dress in February. To make matters worse she really didn’t want to be seen in her current state. But she knew that her mom wasn’t one for throwing small intimate parties. And as they pulled into the parking lot a wave of nausea rolled over her. 

 

I'm so sorry my lovely. I had to get my computer fixed after finals and when that didn't work I had to get a new computer. Then my first three weeks back on campus were crazy. But I'm here and I am ready to do the loads of updates... Yay~

I'll edit all this later. I wrote it really fast. OTL