Racing Heartbeats

SNSD & F(x) One-shot collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Nice outfit." 

The woman looked down at her outfit and smiled a little. She was dressed as a leopard. She then turned to the person who had just settled herself beside her. 

" Thanks Soo ." She smiled. The smile was small. Sooyoung  knew the reason but decided not to comfort the tanned girl or ask any further questions. She bet the girl was tired of people asking. 

" Get yourself a drink Yul." Hyoyeon nudged the girl at the shoulder as she plopped herself in between Sooyoung and Key. 

Key groaned. " Gosh Hyo.." 

Hyoyeon took a swig from her bottle of beer. " sorry key. Bad landing." 

Yuri chuckled. She looked at her phone that was laying on the table, waiting for that familiar ringtone to sound but it never came. She sighed. 

Guess she's not coming then. Yuri stood up, took off her cat ears headband and decided to take this heavy feeling somewhere else. She grabbed her small pouch from her bag and left by the back door, standing over a railing that looked out a quiet alley. 

She took out the box from the pouch and tapped it at her palm, took out a stick, lit it up and at the bud. As she exhaled, the smoke dragging out of  her parted lips, the pain grew a little bearable.

She unlocked her phone and smiled sadly, as fingers carressed the screen. How much she missed her, she had no idea. It was a pain shared among the members but she really thinks, she's the one who felt it most. For it was the woman she loves who left. Not that it didn't matter if it was another. All the seven others mattered as much as the one who left. But they were both in love, and its different. They both know its different. 

She dressed herself as a leopard that halloween, thinking that Jessica would turn up that night. Yuri smiles. Jessica loves animal prints.  She pressed at the green icon and sighed. The message was still not replied, its been 15 hours and the previous message read ' Can't wait too see you love.   ~ ;) ' . Yuri shook her head and stuck the stick in between her lips again, taking in the taste of tobacco and felt the unusually reliefing burn travelling up her nose, filling her lungs and the smoke exhaled, disappeared into the air as fast as it came. More bearable but the pain was still there and Yuri wished she could just let her go.

She locked her phone and lifted her hand, to take another drag and frowned when it was no longer between her fingers as a hand had picked at it, placing it between her lips instead. Her eyes grew wide with shock. Was she dreaming?

A cough and another followed. A grimace on the face which Yuri found cute but remained silent.

" What do you find good in this anyway? " The girl threw the stick over the railing with a frown. " It tastes horrible."

She was still staring at her as the girl  returned a smile of her own. That beautiful smile that Yuri loves and that sparkle in her eyes that Yuri was so familiar with. Those brown orbs of hers was the first thing she had fallen for, the moment she met her. She hasn't changed much and Yuri was somewhat glad. Her hand twitched a little, wanting to smooth her hand down the silky golden brown locks of the latter. 

" Hi." Yuri finally say, a smile grazing at her lips. She bet, her voice croak a little.

" Hey." Jessica replied. 

" I thought you wouldn't come." 

" I thought you said you'd quit." 

Her breath was caught up in when Jessica's voice grew serious. Jessica raised her eyebrows when Yuri didn't reply. 

Yuri sighs. " It's not that simple." 

" What is? " Jessica stares up at her and Yuri could see bobbed. Jessica was swallowing down her sobs of worry and screams of displeasure. She didn't like it when Yuri smokes. She hates it, in fact. She didn't like the way Yuri handled her pain. She didn't like how Yuri was so sad and dysfunctional after she left. 

She at her lips. First and foremost, Jessica can't help but think it was her fault, Yuri lost herself. She scoffed inwardly. It is your fault Sooyeon. Her hand clamped into a fist. But it wasn't my choice. 

" I'm sorry.. " Yuri says after what seemed like forever. The answer was sincere and it swelled at Jessica's heart and Yuri felt guilty. She knew by the look Jessica wore, deep down, Jessica was mentally self-loathing again. 

Jessica looked up at yuri and shook her head. " Its fine." 

Jessica smirked slowly, staring at yuri from head to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter