Big Heart

Big Heart - Soohyun

Sunlight hit your hair perfectly, bringing out the subtle yet different shades of your hair against your black button up shirt and your tighter fitting jeans. Making your rounds to the managers, you delivered their necessary paperwork to them, pointing to places where they needed to sign while the members of Ukiss started to warm up to light music pulsating over the speakers. Lightly moving your legs to the beat, Soohyun couldn’t keep his eyes off of you, stretching his legs on the ground; you talked with his manager like you two were best friends.

“Thank you Manager-nim, I am sorry for interrupting” You bowed to him then turned and bowed to the members. Your black shoes passed over the matte glossed floor, making your way to the door, your eyes caught Soohyun’s as you smiled at him and tipped your head slightly towards him.

Soohyun’s eyes instantly dropped getting right back to stretching, pulling open the door, you stepped out into the hallway and quietly closed the door behind you.

Visiting all of the managers and executives in the building, you finally made it back to your little desk. Discovering a few more papers’ on your desk, you thumbed through them, seeing that they all needed to go to the same person you stood back onto your feet and headed back up to the practice room where Ukiss was practicing.

Humming to a few of the catchy songs that you had heard in some of the other practice rooms, you arrived at the black door. Holding your breath for a moment, you listened to the muffled song behind the door as you instantly recognized that it was one of Ukiss’ newer songs.

Twisting the silver handle and pushing the door open slowly, you slipped through the small opening careful not to disturb their practice. However, when Soohyun saw you come into the room, he instantly forgot the lyrics and just stopped singing.

“Let’s do that again, Soohyun please use the music if you can’t remember the lyrics” The manager advised while one of his secretaries came over and refreshed Soohyun on his latest part that he messed up on.

“Excuse me sir” You cleared your throat as the manager turned around.

“Nice to see you again” He smiled at you as his leathery skin bunched up around the corner of his eyes and lips.

“I just have a few notes here for you that I missed” You told him, handing over the documents.

Turning your eyes away from him, you saw the members try and catch their breaths as Eli ran his hands up his toned arms, Hoon was getting a drink, Kevin was mouthing the words to the song as the other members chatted amongst themselves. However, Soohyun’s eyes were on you and not paying attention to the song that he was supposed to sing.

“I’ll have to make a call outside. Boys just take five” The manager announced before he left the room.

The assistants went to go sit down as you looked up at the members. Eli casually walked over to Soohyun and leaned his arm on Soohyun’s shoulder. Eli’s lips moved close to Soohyun’s ear as you looked around and started to draw the toes of your shoes on the hardwood below.

“_______?” Soohyun called your name quietly, your head snapped up and watched him come closer to you.

“Hey Soohyun” You smiled and let out the breath that you were holding in for no apparent reason.

“I just wanted to s-s-say you look really p-p-pretty today” Soohyun stuttered a little as his fingers played with each other.

"Thank you, I try and do what I can with the uniform" You chuckle and look down at your outfit as Soohyun’s eyes lifted to your perfectly styled hair.

"Y-You know I-I was thinking. C-Could I stop by your desk l-later?" Soohyun stuttered quietly just trying to keep the conversation between you and him, your eyes lifted to look into his shaking eyes.

"Sure, I end around seven though" You told him just so he would know that you didn’t ditch him.

"I will see you before you leave then" He smiled softly yet warmly at you, his eyes gently twinkled before the door closed behind you and you broke gaze with him.

"Thank you _____, please file this until tomorrow" The manager told you as he handed you a little paper with scribbles on it.

"Of course" You bowed to him

"Okay boys, let’s get back to work" The manager clapped his hands causing the boys to get back into position, you waved at Soohyun and flashed a smile his way before you turned around and walked out of the door to do your other duties before lunch.

Ukiss worked all the way up to lunch, with only a half an hour break to eat and get food. The members trotted down the halls to the cafeteria, however Soohyun walked and tried to find your desk with his eyes, finding some secretaries behind metal desks, he walked down a few more glass doors before he saw you drawing on a paper while your hand rested on your balled hand. Humming a soft song, your legs crossed at the knee as your toes bounced to the beat of the song that you were humming. A smile started to form on his face as a new beat started to form in his heart.

Trotting off to lunch, his mind wondered to what he was going to say to you later.

Hours ticked away, the light shifted in your little cubical tipping you off that the work day was just about over. Gathering your second round of papers to hand out, you walked out your cubical and made your way around the whole building.

"Great job today, see you tomorrow" The manager smiled and clapped his hands as the members fell to the ground trying to catch their breaths while their sweat covered bodies glistened under the dim lights of the studio.

"See you tomorrow guys" Soohyun stood up with a moan from his tired muscles.

"Where are you going?" Kiseop cooed while still trying to catch his breath

"He has to say something to ______" Eli sung as he sat up and leaned back on his toned arms.

"I’m just going to tell her goodbye" Soohyun told s while fixing his hair in the large mirrors.

"If you are just going to tell her goodbye, why are you fixing your hair?" Kevin giggled as his head rolled over to see Soohyun’s cheeks blush a deep red.

"Because I w-w-want to" Soohyun stuttered before picking up his bag and pulling it over his shoulder.

"You like her don’t you?" AJ smirked happily as the other members hummed.

"Bye" Soohyun waved at s before walking out the door and down to your cubical.

Reaching your cubical, he looked at your empty desk letting his eye brows furrow together. Glancing up at the large clock on the wall then down at his phone to check the time, he sighed not seeing that it was time for you to go home yet.

"Soohyun~" You cooed seeing him beside your cubical, watching him turn around in surprise you saw his blank yet confused expression grow into a cute smile and pink cheeks.

"Hey~ I wanted to tell you that I was headed home…" Soohyun rubbed the back of his neck nervously while feeling his heart pound against his ribs. "I can walk you home if you need me to" Soohyun added quietly.

"That is really sweet of you but I have to stay here a little longer tonight, I need to book some things for another band." You told Soohyun sadly

"I can wait around until you finish" He offered

"I couldn’t ask you to do that, I would be here til late and don’t you have an early practice tomorrow?" You questioned as your hand rested on his arm.

"I do, but I don’t want you to go home alone" Soohyun’s eyes screamed concern as they peered into yours.

"Don’t worry, I might just stay here all night" You dropped your hand from his arm and looked at the ground.

"You can’t work all night, you need your sleep so you can be all happy tomorrow" He cutely reasoned

"I’ll still smile tomorrow" You reassured him, "Now go on home before it gets later"

"Only if you are sure that you can manage on your own" Soohyun started to walk away while keeping his eyes on yours.

"I’m sure~" You nodded your head gently

"Okay… have a good night then" Soohyun smiled at you

"You too" You smiled and returned to your desk, Soohyun walked away slowly getting a final look at you before he placed his hand over his heart, feeling it beat faster than when he was dancing earlier.

Months passed as the two of you talked and became good friends, the two of you kept looking after each other. Asking each other how your days are going to eating together at lunch, the simple friendship was blossoming and honestly Soohyun was making you happy, happier than anyone before.

However at the height of your friendship, you noticed that he started to distance himself from you for no apparent reason. Deciding at the end of the day, you would try and confront him to see what was going on.

The pastel light filtered in through the large windows as you sighed at another day finished, slipping on your jean jacket over your black buttoned up shirt, you lifted your purse over your shoulder. Lifting your head, you watched as the Ukiss members turned the corner and headed out of the front doors.

he asks if he can see you later and you nod and say that you would like that then you leave. after work you are packing up and he bids you a goodnight. Then months wear on as the two of you become good friends but then he figures out his feelings and just gives you head nods and you avoid him too then one day you run after him to ask him.

“Soohyun, wait up” You called down the hall as the members’ heads turned and slowed down. Soohyun’s head gently lifted to see you trotting over to him.

"We’ll leave you two alone" Hoon winked at you before pulling the other members out of the door.

"Are you okay?" You questioned looking at his tired droopy face. Just a nod of his head was your answer.

"Have you been busy, we haven’t talked too much lately" You probed gently. With another nod of his head, you watched him turn away from you before you stepped in front of him and stopped him.

"Soohyun, did I do something wrong?" You questioned wondering if you were the reason of him becoming distant to you.

"No" He squeaked while he adjusted his weight from one foot to the other.

"Then…" You dropped your head while your fingers spun your rings around your fingers.

”_______” Soohyun lifted his eyes while trying to stand his ground. “I’m sorry I haven’t been around lately and talked to you but I had to stay away from you…”

Pursing your lips, you lifted your head and looked into his eyes. “Why did you have to stay away from me?”

"I-I am afraid I am falling in love with you" His confession caused the air in your lungs to be out quickly.

"Is that a bad thing?" You whispered unsure if you should feel hurt or honored.

"No, it isn’t a bad thing" He chuckled softly, lifting his hand up to your arm, resting his hand against your exposed lower arm. "I-I-I just…"

"You just what?" You probed trying to help him get out what he needs to say.

"I shouldn’t fall in love with you because I’m always busy… I wouldn’t have any free time for you. To do everything that you deserve, like to take you out to movies and dinner dates, late night dances and just watching the moon move in the sky." Soohyun drops his hand from your arm as his eyes drop with it. "You deserve someone better than me."

Soohyun smiled at you once more forcing himself to smile at you, “Have a good night” He whispered before moving past you.

Slowly moving towards the doors, he turned back seeing you in the same position, he carefully pushed open the doors and walked out into the cool night air.

Days passed as the words that Soohyun confessed to you continued to repeat in your head. Sitting at your desk you tapped the eraser of your pencil against your desk. The soft thumps kept your mind on track while you wondered what to do next.

A soft knock snapped you out of your thoughts, lifting your head from your hand that cradled your cheek, you dropped the pencil on your desk seeing who was in the doorway of your cubical.

"S-Soohyun… what are you doing here? I thought yo-" You started to question him yet he cut you off.

"I can’t stay away from you" Soohyun told you as he pulled a bunch of roses from behind his back. "I’m sorry for being rude and shutting you out, but I thought that it was the best way to hide my feelings for you. Yet no matter how much I try to hide my feelings for you, I can’t help but wonder if I ask you what would your answer be."

"Soohyun, are you asking me if I like you too?" You clarify, feeling your stomach churn in knots. The gentle nod of his head made your stomach ache while your mind only held one word, your answer.

"Yes" You smiled and nodded your head, "I do like you too, I don’t care if you don’t have a lot of time for me like other guys could. None of the other guys have what you have."

"What would that be?" Soohyun chuckled as he looked at you curiously

"You have the biggest heart I have ever seen" You smile and walk over to him, he hands you the bouquet of roses as you take them into your hand and place them on your desk before wrapping your arms around him slowly.

"So if we only had one date a month, you would be okay with that?" Soohyun questions wrapping his arms around you too.

"I would be, but on one condition" You lifted your head to look up into his eyes

"What’s your condition cutie?" Soohyun smiled down at you, love radiating from his eyes.

"That we stay best friends no matter what" You smiled up at him with hopeful eyes.

"No matter what, we will forever be best friends" Soohyun smiled and rubs your back gently before resting your head on his chest to hear his big heart that captured yours so easily and naturally causing this just to feel right.