001

I'm Sorry.

She looked at her son from the corner of her eye. How he resembles him… She smiled at bit, he was sitting on the floor, playing with his toys very seriously. He was 3 years old, he was born in 2012, May 2nd. Twenty-two days before his father’s debut. Too bad, he’ll never know about his father nor his father will know about him. She was sorry, so sorry, but there was nothing she could do besides hiding.

She knew how much he love kids, but still, she couldn't tell him. She should not have told him anyway, he was preparing for his debut.

She still remember the day she broke up with him. The look on his face was a first to her, she was never going to forget that look, how sad his eyes were, how desperate he looked, pleading her to not leave him.

He called her name, telling her to not leave him, he would find a way to work things out.

“No,” she said, coldly. She was never cold to him. “This is not going to work, Taekwoon.”

“I can find a way, I promise. Let’s not end things, I love you.”

“I don’t love you anymore!” she cried out, tears forming in her eyes. She pushed his hands on hers, not wanting to touch him anymore, not wanting to stay any longer. If she stays, she’d tell him the truth, she’d run to him, hug him all her might. But no, she shouldn’t. She had to hide the truth, until she was on her death bed.

She turned around, not caring about how her heart broken over to hear his sobs. He loved her so much, she loved him so much. But she can’t… She can’t be with him anymore…

“Jiwoon-ah,  wanna go to see a movie?” she asked, with a cheerful voice. He tilted his head to side, thinking. Then he glanced over his shoulder to his mom.

“Which movie?” he asked, well, more like mumbled. Just like his father, she thought.

“I don’t know, do you want to see one?” She asked this time, with a motherly smile.

He turned to her fully, “I don’t know what movies on the theather.” He was too smart for his age.

“Then let’s just go and see if we can find one.”

“Okay.”

She dressed him as fashionable as his father. She was still watching over him, seeing what he was doing, how good he is, how he never changed.

She knew they’d meet some day, Seoul was a small city after all. Hoping if the fate smiles upon them, maybe she’d tell him and they’d be together forever.

But she was never hoping to bump into him and his group members on a movie teather.

She tried to hide herself and her son as much as possible, but of course he saw her. It was impossible for him to not recognize her, she never changed. Maybe a few pounds were added to her body because of all the carrying a baby and things, but her face never changed.

He didn’t care about his group mates’ curious looks, he walked over her slowly. Only to stop his steps when he saw the little boy, tugging on her shorts.

She looked at him, trying not to show any emotion. He swallowed, walked up to her.

“Hi,” he said, a little bit shy. “It’s been a long time.” She nodded. “Is he yours?”

“Yeah, he’s my son.” She smiled.

“So, you got married?” She nodded, unwillingly. “How old is he?” he asked, squating down to touch his cheeck. Jiwoon stepped back a bit, not knowing who the man in front of him was, why was he trying to touch him. She put her hand on his son’s head, he looked up. To see her mother smiling, he looked back to the man in front of him and smiled a bit.

“I’m three,” he said.

Taekwoon- no, Leo smiled. “What is your name young man?” he asked.

“I’m Jiwoon,” he replied him. “Who are you?”

“I’m Taekwoon, your mother’s old friend.”

“Nice to meet you,” Jiwoon said.

“Nice to meet you too,” Taekwoon said back, standing up. He looked into her eyes, she gulped. He knows, she thought. How couldn’t he, he looks exactly like him.

He reached out his hand, she did the same. They shook hands. They both knew they’ll probably not going to see each other again. He understood why she never told him.

If only fate decide to smile upon them, they’d be together again…