Chapter 1. F.M.L

Gas-Light

 

Thinking was never a problem for Kyungsoo, he scored As on his Science tests and exams without an ounce of effort by simply being smart. Yeah, he had the smarts which was how he earned his best friend, Park Chanyeol too, who also did well in his own art sector, like-minded smarts attracted…somehow. This was also why he easily figured he was gay too. Checking out curves and busty chests were never his thing, instead he preferred a flat chest and toned bodies. To Kyungsoo, coming out of his Narnia Closet to Chanyeol was no biggie, after all, Chanyeol more than often screamed “GAYS RIGHTS FOR ALL, @!#$ YOU LAWS! PEOPLE CAN LOVE WHO THEY WANT”.

CHanyeol was more than happy to welcome Kyungsoo into the world of being openly gay, being liberal and , engulfing him in a life threatening bear hug which Kyungsoo struggled to break free from the giant’s iron grip. Using a single finger, Kyungsoo stabbed Chanyeol in the stomach, pushing back the giant at least 30 cm  away from him.

“Personal space, remember, I’m still me but…gay.” Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow at him before Chanyeol gave a sheepish smile in embarrassment.

These two advanced into University with ease, bagging the highest rank points and entered once again the same university. Not that Kyungsoo disliked Chanyeol’s presence, nah, he even missed the noisy giant when they didn’t get to attend similar courses. One thing in University Kyungsoo hated was how the Arts and Science streams were way too different in terms of timing and venues. One course of arts versus science could be easily located at opposite ends of the campus, which was a hell lot of walking if the two wanted to meet and go home together.

FINALLYFINALLY he had almost choked Chanyeol in happiness when he realized they both signed up for a mandatory course that was available for both Arts and Science streams for that semester.  Ahh… but he didn’t know it was going to be the most turbulent course of his life.

 

 

 

Public speaking!? HA! Kyungsoo didn’t need courses like these to help him “improve” tsk, he was good enough already, he was pretty sure he had the confidence to speak fluently in crowds pretty damn well! (though he had never actually done one in his entire life).

“Yes! …..dont./…? We………..blah blah.” Kyungsoo was rehearsing to himself bits of his speech that each student was to present at the start of the course as part of the “assessment”, Kyungsoo held the cue cards in place before scanning the crowd held in the large lecture hall. All of the sudden, these innocent stares morphed into menacing, terrifying stares that seem to be staring holes into every part of his body, he stood frozen and paralyzed from the fear of these intimidating looks.   

…he was scared less. He felt his heart palpitating against his chest, the thumping ringing in his ears like a creepy chime.

Regardless, time passed and it was his turn.

He stepped up and raised the mic to his mouth level, hands shivering as he began to speak the first few words.

“ Today I will began by introducing myself D-D.O Kyungsoo, I’m t-twenty and belong in the …….” The momentarily pause settled in as he briefly blanked out, forgetting whatever course he had actually belonged in, scanning the crowd frantically, he caught sight of Chanyeol who had breezed the assessment with no issues, seemingly staring at him with those accusing eyes (as though he said Kyungsoo, really?? You don’t mess up equations but you mess up public speaking??)

Feeling the tears well up in his eyes, Kyungsoo turned and ran. His hands pushed the heavy wooden doors apart and sprinted for nowhere in particular. He heard his name being called out by that low familiar voice of Chanyeol but he ignored it and just went ahead, hoping to bury his head somewhere and just disappear from earth entirely.

 

Soon, he found a deserted corner of the building and crouched there to sob and feel all sorry for himself.

“Hey! You! The one in all black! Are you okay??” He heard the random concerned voice but he didn’t want to face anyone then.

“Go. Away.” Kyungsoo’s voice was low, and threatening, the stern tone to chase away this stranger who had enough balls to bother him, he was glaring harshly at the white washed walls in front of him, God did you send him to torment me further..WHY.

But to anyone but himself, all that came out was “Guo A-w-way!” in muffled tones since Kyungsoo remained in his crouched depressed position,  that seemed like a call for help, just merely too embarrassed to accept any. The stranger, hesitantly but steadily approached the black gloomy figure at the very corner of the place, out of curiosity and concern.

He had heard the soft sobbing, oddly emitted from a ball of black so he decided to see what was going on. Guess his approach didn’t work that much so he came to a decision to just step forward and confront it.

He slipped a rather tanned but comforting hand across the person’s back as he kneeled to the similar level the other was in. He drew careful cautious but caring circles at his (identified as male) back, all the while making cooing sounds.

“Err…sorry ‘bout just now…are you okay??”
 

This is just plain humiliating, Kyungsoo’s pride swelled and died, all he needed right now was a little comfort, where was that litte of a Park Chanyeol?? Yet he was here, in the middle of who knew where and being comforted by a stranger.

However, it didn’t feel all that bad, he finally lifted his head, a temporary pause from the sobbing before taking a real good look at the stranger’s face, his doe-like puffy eyes traced and absorbed the features in front of him.

. My. Life.

WHY DID HE HAVE TO BE SO GOOD LOOKING?

Kyungsoo wanted to bash his head against the ground multiple times in shame, but he only hung his head once more in shame, bawling in part pain, part shame.

The stranger offered baffled eyes and hesitant arms around this bundle of bawling black, patting rhythmically hoping to ease the other party's crying.

Meanwhile, small sparks of electricity allowed charges to flow, a little light was ignited within the pitch blackness.

 

_____

whee 

>< okay? okay. HAHAHAHA

pretty done with myself sometimes XD

oh yes... HAPPY VIRUS DAY!! HEHE HAPPY CHANYEOL DAY!!!!!!!!! :)

BYE

comment subcribe blah blah i  appreciate it ;) 

bao zi XD