Chapter 1

Let's Try

 

Kim Jongin looked at himself in the mirror. Seems like everything’s perfect. His hair, his clothes, his gorgeous smile, not too extravagant and just nice. For sure, he didn’t want to make a bad first impression towards others as a new student here.  He is used to meeting new faces as his father travelled a lot, giving him the load of constantly moving to different school.

 

“This is the last one son. I promise you. We can finally settle in since they’ve given me permanent post here.”

 

“I hope so dad”, he mumbled softly, remembering what his dad said as he fixed his hair. Grabbing his bag and getting out of the car, he made his way inside of the building. Jongin took out the timetable that he received a few days ago.

“So where should I go now?” Clearly he was lost in the massive so-called school. Right now, he was in the school’s seemingly indoor garden. This place was beautiful, beyond his imagination as it is filled with greeneries. His eyes lingered around and finally caught a figure, a girl. He couldn’t see her face clearly but he know for sure that she’s sleeping.

As he walked closer to the girl, little by little he can see that it’s actually an angel he was approaching. No words can describe how beautiful she is; making his heart skipped a beat. As much as he didn’t want to disturb her, he really needs to find his way to his destination, fast.

Jongin lightly tapped the girl’s shoulder, hoping that it would wake her up. And it did! Her eyes fluttered open and seemed shocked to see a complete stranger in front of her.

“What.. where.. who are you?!”

“Woah, woah! Calm down.” He responded before continued. “I’m a new student here. Kim Jongin imnida”, he said, introducing himself and flashed his infamous smile.

The girl looked at him, slightly puzzled with this whole situation but quickly regained her posture. Her lips finally curved. What Jongin doesn’t know that she rarely does that; smiling.

“Oh..well then, welcome new student. What can I do for you?” she said, rubbing her nape.

“I was wondering if you can direct me to my class”.

 

 

Jongin made his way towards the direction given and found himself in a class full of strangers. There he was, standing awkwardly at the front of the class, waiting for the teacher who hasn’t arrived yet to introduce him. His eyes scanned the crowded room and caught the lovely figure again. He smiled contently.

‘This is interesting’, he thought in his head. His eyes were fixated on her, remembering her calm face when she was sleeping in the garden earlier. However, the girl still hasn’t realized he was in fact standing just in front as she was scribbling something down, busy with her own world. In fact, it was practically her world, totally immersed in it.

She sat at the back with whom Jongin considered as a bunch of good-looking students. Really good-looking… Their tables were a bit far apart from the others and they didn’t talk to anybody. Seemed also that nobody even dare to talk to them.

“We’ll be having a new student today”, said the teacher abruptly. Jongin didn’t even notice her arrival, which gave him a little fright when the teacher suddenly spoke.  “His name is Kim Jongin and he’ll be sitting next to Sehun. Treat him well… Oh Sehun, please raise your hand”, she continued.

He bowed slightly before taking the seat next to the blonde known as Oh Sehun. Jongin glanced towards the girl earlier but she still kept her head down.

 


I’m sure she heard my name. Am I really not that interesting?” he thought in his head.


 

“New kid, coming to the café with us? We’ll show you around after that” asked Sehun.

Seems like a great invitation. Jongin nodded, accepting it. “Yeah sure I’ll just meet you there. Gotta finish this up a little”, he answered not forgetting to steal a few glance on the mysterious girl who was about to leave the classroom with her group.

He didn’t know whether she was just pretending not to know him or she was just too busy with something else to not recognize him. Or perhaps he didn’t have a distinct image or gave her a bad first impression. Jongin sighed in defeat. Whatever it is, he doesn’t like it.

 

 

Jongin tried his best to look for Sehun but to no avail. He can’t even remember the latter’s face much since he barely knows the guy. Suddenly he felt a tap on his shoulder and discovered that it was that mysterious girl.

“If you’re looking for Sehun, he’s right there”, she said, pointing her finger towards where Sehun was. And there he was! “How did you know I was looking for him?”

“He’s the only person you know since both of you sat together, and I overheard earlier that he asked you to have lunch together with his friends”

Jongin smirked. “You mean eavesdropping?”

“I prefer the term ‘overheard’, Mr. Kim. Now if you excuse me, I have to eat”, she said, already turning her back on him.

“Wait! I didn’t quite get your name earlier-”

“You should have known it by now, Kai. I’m really hungry… Bye!”


 

Kai???

 


Jongin kept his eyes on her until she disappeared in the crowd. How did she even know that? Nobody called him that anymore and certainly not from someone he just met. And the fact that she was just pretending to show zero interest on him in class earlier amused him.

He coolly shrugged it off and walked toward where Sehun is.

And so he met the rest of his classmates whom he hadn’t got the chance to meet earlier. A sporty-looking lad named Minho, cute and bubbly Sulli, and charming Seulgi. Guess he’s stuck with them until high school ends since his dad mentioned that he can stay this time.

Sehun blabbered about how their football team always wins and invited Jongin if he wanted to join them.  Since Minho’s the head of the team, t makes everything easier. Sulli then complained how boys always talk about footballs and sports while Seulgi just kept quiet all the time.

“Jongin, what were you and Krystal talked about earlier?” asked Seulgi who finally spoke.

“Krystal?” ‘So her name’s Krystal…’ he thought and grinned from ear to ear. Finally he knows her name!

“YOU TALKED TO KRYSTAL?!” screamed Sehun in his ears.

“The Krystal?” asked Sulli in disbelief. Seulgi then nodded.

 

 

What’s so weird about talking to her? We even talked twice today... coincidentally’

 

 

“Nothing really. Just directions since I’m kinda new around here”, he answered. “Why?” His friends’ face seemed priceless.

“No dude, you don’t understand. The Jungs never talked to anyone. EVER…” Sehun emphasized how they really never did and never has talked to anyone. “Including Krystal”

 


‘Well that’s odd’

 


“The Jungs? They’re siblings? And why?” he asked again, managed to glance over five individuals not far from them. They looked pretty normal to him, human at least but did not initiate any conversation with others around them. It's hard to believe that they don't resemble each other and the fact that they are the same age intrigued him. Although Krystal does looked like one of the girls.

Seulgi responded this time. “Yeah. The Jung siblings. Adopted I must say… The eldest Yunho Jung, the dark red hair one, Victoria Jung the bright girl who’s always in a good mood and smiling all the time, Kris and Jessica Jung, the blonde ones and finally, Krystal Jung, the maknae. Yunho and Victoria seemed to be in a relationship while Kris is with Jessica since they acted romantically with each other. It’s not uous considering that they are adopted though”, she explained. Jongin nodded, realising the while situation.

“They’re extremely popular with their good looks and perfect academic excellence around here. The only problem is that they refused to socialize with everyone and the icy cold aura surrounding them. But in my opinion, I personally thought that Victoria is nice and approachable. We could have been good friends”, said Sulli.

Sehun nodded. “Yeah. Vic could have made a good friend. She's really pretty... And I meant really, really pretty! I heard that she’s a great cook. The others are just too scary…” he said. “But Krystal is very cute  when she smile to be honest”

Sulli knocked Sehun on the head. “Yah! How could you say that right in front of your girlfriend”, she exclaimed. “It’s okay Sulli-yah. Seulgi knows that Krystal  is way out of the league for Sehun as it is to Victoria since she's taken”, said Minho, earning a burst of laughter from everyone.

The topic then changed but Jongin is still puzzled with the Jung siblings. There’s something about them that bothers him… especially that girl.

 

Krystal Jung

 

----------------------------------------------------------------
Okie dokie, I'm off to college. 
Stay beautiful, guys ;)
22/11/14