Happy birthday, Mark?

GOT7 Oneshots

“Baby when are they coming?” You asked your boyfriend Mark as you were trying to finish his rubik’s cube while lying on his lap. “I already called JB, they’re almost here. Why, is my baby bored already?” Mark replied, placing a soft kiss on your forehead. You were too bored (and lazy) to even speak so you just nod and went back to what you were doing. Mark on the other hand kept abusing the redial button until one of his bandmates pick up. He wouldn’t want to keep his baby waiting, right?

As he was about to do another round of calling, the doorbell rang. “Oh my! Nyoung oppa is here already!” Mark got startled with how fast you stood up and ran towards the door. She must be really excited, huh. He thought.

“Baby, light the candle! Ppali~ Ppali~” You quickly instructed him as you entered the apartment with your arm linked with Jinyoung’s. Once Mark finished lighting the candles which spelled out Happy Birthday, you pulled Jinyoung closer to where the cake was before singing him a birthday song together with the GOT7 members. Jinyoung blew his candles after almost a minute of wishing. “Ahh~ Gomawo. Eomma’s really happy right now.” He told everyone, almost tearing up.

“Saengil-chukkahae, oppa!” You kissed him on the cheek, and hugged him afterwards. You and Jinyoung have been best friends even before you got together with Mark, so there was no question with how close you guys were.

“Oppa, are you happy? Chincha?” You were pestering Jinyoung with are-you-really-happy questions while helping him open his presents. You wanted your best friend to have the best birthday, of course. You were surprised, though, with his answer. “Honestly? No.” “Wae? Wae?” You questioned, as you shook his arm. “Well, it’s just that I don’t want my happiness to be the reason of someone else’s mood to be down.”

He didn’t have to say who it was, you knew it was Mark. “He’s fine with our setup. My baby doesn’t get jealous, oppa.” You bragged. Jinyoung shook his head before speaking. “Aish~ this girl. Can you get more insensitive?” You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion. “Mark has always been the silent type. He might not complain, but it’s obvious he’s uncomfortable at times. He won’t say anything that would upset you, but it’s impossible for him not to feel taken for granted when you’re always with me.”

You were trying to grasp what Jinyoung was saying, but looking at your boyfriend eating cake alone in the couch was enough for you to realize that Mark needs you. You turned to look at Jinyoung and he gave you a reassuring smile, telling you to go where your boyfriend was.

“Hey, baby.” You called as you took the plate away from your boyfriend and sat on his lap. He was a little surprised, but his expression immediately softened. “How’s Jinyoung?” He asked, although it’s in a manner that kinds of tell you he doesn’t actually want to know the answer.

“Seems like Jinyoung oppa was right. Cool guy Mark Tuan is jealous.” You said as you played with his hair.

“Wait, what? Baby, I’m not jealous. I don’t get jealous. I’m Mark Yi-En Tuan.” He was trying to convince you he wasn’t, although the lipbite gave it away. “Kojimal. Tuan, you bite your lips when you’re nervous.” You pinched both of his cheeks as punishment for lying. He was rubbing his now red face when you started talking again. “But seriously, Mark. Is my close friendship with Jinyoung oppa making you upset?”

You looked at him with so much worry, so he held your hand. “No, baby, of course not. It’s just that I feel bad that you got bored even if you’re with me. I was kind of envious with how you reacted when Jinyoung came. You seem very…ecstatic.”

You felt bad for Mark, so you decided to tell him the embarrassing truth. “Well, baby. Honestly, I wasn’t bored a while ago. I was just ashamed that I’ve spent two hours trying to solve the Rubik’s cube that you can finish in less than a minute. I kept texting Jinyoung to come here fast, and save me from embarrassment.”

“Really?” Mark asked you with silly smile. “You love me, right? I mean, more than Jinyoung.” You pretended to think about, and it forced him to use his aegyo. He was all whiny and kept pulling your arm, like what he did to Youngjae during Real GOT7. That pout is killing you. SRSLY.

What’s the point in resisting, right? You gave Mark a quick peck on the lips. “Does that answer it?” You said, winking at him. “Not really. How about we continue this somewhere else? Like what we did during my last birthday?” He asked, his brows rising up and then down. You leaned to his ear and whispered “Happy birthday, Mark Tuan.”