Final

Unfading Love

Hwang JiSoo. The girl everyone thought was perfect. The girl everyone wants to be friend with. The girl every boy wanted. The girl that every girl envied. The popular girl. The girl with the face of an angel. The girl who looked lovable and innocent.

Little did they know that girl was only wearing a façade, a mask. Losing both her parents when she was at the age of 16. No one really understands her. In fact, no one even tried to understand her too.  No one knew her well. The world was full of humans but not one were humane enough to stay beside her, take care of her or even love her. Until one day, she met a boy.

Kim Hanbin. A boy who gets everything he asked for. A naïve and spoil boy. Or so people thought too. That boy, even if he gets everything he asked for. What he never gotten was love from his parents. But to think that love was replaceable, the boy was naïve enough to thought of it. He started to become the biggest playboy. But, he wasn’t a jerk. He was actually quite a gentleman. Yet he let people to think bad of him, because he knew it was impossible to please them. So he didn’t do anything.

Their meeting at the park was a fate. The girl who was heartbroken by the fact of her boyfriend cheating on her, cooling her head off. The boy who was going back from his own one night stand and was out for some air. Of course, to her, it may look like a stranger was showing concerns for her. And to him, a typical girl who was bawling her eyes out because of her cheating boyfriend. The next day, both of them met again in a business meeting and the boy asked her out for some drinks. From that day on, both of them started to be friends. He was there whenever she wants to let everything out. She was there whenever he needed comforts from all his headaches.

Gradually, Jisoo started to fall for Hanbin. Little by little, even though she knew how he was with girls. Hanbin was dense enough to not know about her feelings. And Jisoo was very good at hiding her feelings, because she knew it was impossible for him to fall in love with her. One day, the boy’s best friend, Bobby started to fall for the girl. Hanbin started to get possessive over her. Jisoo didn’t know what to do. In one way, she was happy that the boy was protective of her, in another way, she thought of the idea of stop having feelings for him. She let herself hang out with Bobby more. Hoping that she would forget about those feelings. Their friendship started to deteriorate.  But feelings don’t disappear in a mere seconds, hours, days, weeks or even months. And even worse, her feelings started to grow bigger. She knew that. And she hated herself for that.

The Bobby knew that Jisoo loves Hanbin. The way she looks at the Hanbin. So he didn’t force her to like him. He let her go to Hanbin. It really hurts to let go of someone we love. He wanted to be selfish. But if he had hold on to her, he would be the bad guy, and she would be the victim. Bobby knew what he was. A black knight. The knight that stays with the princess whenever she was in trouble. And Hanbin was the white knight. The knight in shining armor. The prince charming. Bobby cursed out at fate for being cruel to him. For having him in that position.

Hanbin. He was mad at Jisoo for making such choice, for letting her go to Bobby. But he was more disappointed at himself for not stopping her. He blamed himself for that. And that is when he started to realized his feelings for her. The feeling of lonely. The feeling of longing. The feeling of loved and being loved. The feeling of true love. He went and looked for Jisoo. He searched for her. And he knew exactly where to find her. The park. The place where they first met. The place where everything started. And there she was. Playing with young kids there. Just as he was about to call her name. One of his exes came. And like always, his ex would apologize for every mistake she done, what they could have been. Hanbin was just plainly agreed and forgive her without listening to what she said. Big time mistake. He just agreed to get back together with his ex. As the ex hugged him and kissed him. Jisoo eyes were diverted to them. And as she saw their “intimate” moment, her heart breaks. And the thing about heartbreak was it happened silently. No sound of audible crash. No wound to be let visible. But she felt breathless as she crushed.  She only smiled at him. As if she was okay with it. But her eyes shows disappointment and grief.  She turned and walked away, and it was not long until she broke into a run. She didn’t know where she was headed. But it was okay as long as she was away from the boy. When she thought she was already far from the boy. She stopped running. She felt her cheeks became wet. She felt raindrops. And soon enough rain started to fall. She felt as if the rain was describing her feelings right now. That’s when she started to cry too. Because she knew that no one would know her crying if she was in the rain. She walked slowly across the road when she felt a force pushed her from the side. Next thing she knew, Jisoo was on the ground. She felt cold and her body felt sticky. She couldn’t move her body. People were looking at her with shocked and starting to walk towards her. She realized that she had just got it by a car. She felt helpless. Then she started to hear someone calling her name. Her eyelids felt heavy. And the very last image that she saw was that Hanbin was coming towards her. Calling her name. Picking her body up.


*2 months later*

Hanbin kneeled at the gravestone as he set the bouquet of mixed Zinnia and Alstroemenia on it. Every day, he would bring different types of flower. But not just any flower. The flower that gives of certain meaning too. The mixed zinnia signifies in memory of an absent friend whereas the alstroemenia signifies the blossoming flower of their friendship.

Alstroemnia

mixed Zinnia

He would  sometimes bring:

White Chrysanthemum that signifies truth and loyal love.

Pink carnation and gladiolus that symbolizes his remembrance for her.

Purple Hyacinth that symbolizes him asking forgiveness for her.

Sweet peas that symbolizes grateful that her presence gave him lovely time.

Forget-me-not, the flower that signifies his true love for her.

And the globe aramanth, the flower that signifies unfading love.

He felt a gush of wind blowing onto his face. His lips curved up a little. He could felt her presence. As if she was standing beside her right now.

“Thank you for those flowers again, Hanbin-ah”

Hanbin looked at her.

“Thank you for showing up to me again today. Jisoo”

Both of them looked at each other. Hanbin wanted to walk up close to her. Touch her. Or even hug her. But this was the limit. He knew that Jisoo was close, yet far at the same time.

“You should go. You wouldn’t want your client to wait for you.”

He gave her a smile.

“Yeah. You’re right.”

He walk away from her and the gravestone.

“Hanbin-ah.”

He halted his step and look back at her.

“Don’t forget that I’ll always watch over you.”

“I won’t”

He gave her an assured smile as he continue to walk away.

 


There you go. 1326 words altogether. Thanks for reading my fanfic and please please please do comment what you think though. Whether it's good or bad. I just wanna improve my writing. And again, thank you very very much. (reminds me of Bestie's song LOL)