Finale

Unpredictable Miracles

He leaned against his bedroom wall, staring outside the window that was opposite him in the room, his eyes following a random bird that flew past his window. With a small sigh, he pushed himself off of the wall and was about to walk to his bed until he heard someone open his door without the essence of a single knock. It was his mother and father of course, in their hands something that he hated but he knew that he was going to have to read them.

Both of them moved more into his bedroom, shoving the mountains of horrible and mundane books on the bed and staring up at their son. It was his mother who first spoke.

“Same routine, okay Mark?” She spoke with a serious tone, like she was in no mood to even deal with her son. Staring at her husband, she motioned for him to talk as she was done dealing with it. Mark stared at the older man and simply stayed standing – he was used to this.

His father stared at him before examining his son’s clothes – like he did every time he saw the boy (which wasn’t that regularly).

Mark had no idea why the other was so picky.

Actually, he did. It was the fact that they were over-the-top rich and always wore their most expensive suits and pretty dresses. Whereas he wasn’t all into outfits like that. Which was why he decided to wear different coloured jeans and particularly skinny jumpers together – Mark loved it, he felt more comfortable than he would probably feel in a suit.

He tried to resist the urge to roll his eyes when he saw his father scoff at his entire closet choice. But he just waited for him to finally speak.

“We’re having a Christmas party tonight, now, you already know what to do.” He said, folding his arms across his chest. “Stay in here, read and do not make a sound.”

Both of his parents nodded to each other before they turned around and left the room.

Leaving Mark alone, finally.

The boy let out a relived sigh and immediately locked his door. That was the lovely thing about his parents – there were ultimately ashamed of him. That’s also not to say he didn’t particularly enjoy not being glorified by his parents, it actually gave him some freedom. But it was nights like this – particularly around the season of Christmas were the parties grew – that he hated it.

Being locked in his room, being forced to read books because his parents never gave him any other forms of entertainment. Mark wasn’t even allowed to decorate his room.

Luckily, he managed to sneak out last week and even pick up some Christmas decorations.

The other good thing about being locked in his room was the fact that his parents didn’t even come in to check on him for a few days. They’d send up a maid with some dinner time to time so that he wouldn’t starve. But at least he had a chance to decorate his room now.

It might seem weird, but Christmas was his favourite holiday. All things bright and good were celebrated and miracles had a chance of happening.

What sounded better?

Nothing, at least not for Mark. With a smile, he moved over to his cupboard and brought out the bags of Christmas decorations that he had bought the other day, getting ready to decorate his entire bedroom – at least for a while. When he was finished, he lay on his bed and bit his lip, closing his eyes and hoping that he’d at least get some good sleep before the party began tonight. It was always loud: which was weird for rich parties.

With a small sigh, he let out a deep breath and tried to think of things to make him fall asleep faster.

The sound of chattering and music forced him awake almost instantly at eight o’clock, making him groan as he rolled out of the bed. He sat up, running his fingers through his hair and glancing around at his room, smiling as he saw the small Christmas tree over at the corner. It was beautiful to wake up to. Well, at least for him it was.

As he stood up, he walked over to the books and stared at them. It was the same books year after year. Nothing that he was interested in at all. Mark pouted his lips before he moved over to his own bathroom, washing his face a little before deciding to perk his hair up a little for his own benefit.

It wasn’t like he was expecting company at all, but he enjoyed looking good. It made him feel better at least.

Once he was finished, he moved back to his room and sat at his desk.

If only he could just fall asleep again – however that was impossible because he was positively sure that the music was getting louder and louder with each second that passed. He was going to pick up one of those god awful books when he heard a couple of soft knocks at the door.

It must be the maid with some food for him. However, when he opened it, he saw someone that he most certainly didn’t know standing there with a tray of food in his hands.

“Hey.”

Mark tilted his head a little before clearing his throat. Well, this was a little weird, he thought. Looking at the guy, he noticed the price of the suit he was wearing and sighed. Must’ve been one of his parent’s guests. They probably got lost.

“Can I help you?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Oh, I saw a maid carrying a tray of delicious food and I was wondering who she was giving it to.” The man said, smiling a little.

“…So how come you have it?” Mark wondered.

“I told her I’d take it.”

“And she let you take it, just like that?” The boy said, knowing that the maid had particular orders not to let anyone see him at all. Which was why he knew the maid couldn’t have just handed it to someone who looked like that. “I really doubt that.”

The other man laughed at the boy’s suspicion. But, all of a sudden, he moved past Mark and burst into his room. Placing the food on the table beside him, he let out a sigh and smiled.

Mark, on the other hand, was wondering if the man was crazy. Why would he just enter his room like that?

“What are you doing?!” Mark asked, getting a little worried.

“I needed to get away.” The suspicious man said. When Mark looked confused at what he said, he chuckled before he explained. “From all the… rich and stuck up people down there.” Mark tried not to smile at that. “I need to be honest, this,” he pointed to the outfit he was wearing, “is not me. It was my parents that forced me to come.”

When he had finished and he realised it was very silent, he realised that the other boy must be very confused at what was happening. Chuckling to himself, he ran over.

Putting out a hand, he grinned and showed off his white, gleaming teeth.

“My name is Jackson, nice to meet you!” The man was very excited and happy for some reason, but Mark actually felt enlightened. Jackson actually lifted his spirit a little.

“Mark, nice to meet you.”

Jackson nodded before he turned back around and immediately trekked towards the Christmas tree in the corner. When he got there, he brought up his hand and lightly tapped one of the sparkly baubles, grinning when he heard a little bell inside of it.

Mark just watched him cautiously from behind. In his mind, he was wondering why he hadn’t kicked the other out of his room yet. Maybe it was because this was the first real human interaction he had had in weeks.

Just as he was about to speak, Jackson turned around and stared at the boy who was fidgeting on his feet.

“Sorry for barging in though.” He whispered, moving over and sitting on the chair beside the table. “Why are you up here?” Jackson smiled as he stared into Mark’s eyes. They were rather beautiful.

The dreaded question.

“My parents are the ones hosting this party.” Once he said that, Jackson’s eyes immediately widened once he heard that the party he was criticising was actually the parents of the boy in front of him. “And they didn’t want me to embarrass them so they locked me up here – it happens every year.”

“Oh, well that’s terrible.” Jackson said, standing up suddenly and moving forward until he was in front of Mark.

Mark’s eyes widened when he felt the other’s arms move around his neck.

Was the stranger... hugging him?!

“Um… what are you doing?” Mark asked, freezing in his spot as he felt the other’s body up against his.

“Hugging you?”

“Yeah… I got that. But why?”

“Because no one should go through that.” Jackson took a step backwards and grinned at the other. “But now I’m here and I can at least spice one night of yours up with excitement, right?” He asked, smiling. Mark stared at him.

Maybe he was right. Perhaps he shouldn’t take this moment for granted – and besides, Jackson wasn’t bad looking anyway.

This could be fun.

So when he nodded, Jackson chuckled and grinned even more. Looking around, he pursed his lips as he was trying to find something for them to do. But it didn’t look like Mark really had anything.

Turning around, he decided that the only thing they could do, was talk.

“Come on.” Jackson muttered, moving towards the bed and sitting down. “Oh, nice books…”

Mark rolled his eyes as he sat beside him.

“Yup. That’s what my parents leave me with every time they do this.” He explained, reaching over Jackson and picking up one of the books and sticking out his tongue in disgust. “Looks fun doesn’t it?”

Jackson chuckled and shook his head.

“I think I would’ve went crazy.” He said.

“I did.”

Both of them glanced at each other and giggled between them. It was a nice and comforting atmosphere, something that Mark hadn’t felt for a very long time – at least not as long he could remember. Looking at Jackson again who was rumbling through his books, he just examined his looks. Staring for a while, he had come to the conclusion that the other didn’t actually look like a stuck up rich boy. In fact, he could see how uncomfortable the other was in his clothes.

But actually, it was the small cross earring on his right ear that gave it away.

(And Mark thought it was really cool).

“Nice earring.” He complimented, successfully gaining the other’s attention.

“Thanks!” Jackson said, grinning. Putting his index finger next to his earring, he flicked it a little and looked back at Mark. “Ever thought of getting one?” He wondered, but Mark shook his head.

“I wouldn’t be allowed.”

Jackson frowned.

“How old are you Mark?” He asked suddenly, making the other turn to him with a surprised expression.

“Twenty.”

“Really?” Jackson asked, looking more than confused. Although the other didn’t know why Jackson looked like that. What was weird with him being twenty? “I’m only nineteen, I thought you would be younger for sure.” Jackson whispered, looking up at Mark, pursing his lips.

“Why?” The boy wondered.

“Well, it’s just the way you take orders from your parents. Like staying cooped up in this room…”

Mark looked down at his lap and gritted his teeth.

“It’s not like I have a choice you know.” Mark said, getting a little annoyed that the other was judging his life already. “If I make one wrong move they’ll chuck me out on the streets… or worse.” He whispered, feeling the bad feeling rise up his body when he thought about it. His family was really messed up. They had even threatened him with disownment before, when he decided to tell them he was homoual, which was the worst thing Mark could probably do.

Where they supportive? Definitely not. In their eyes, he looked even worse and they began to ignore him even more from that moment on.

Jackson saw the other tense up and pouted his lips.

“So, do you enjoy Christmas?” It was probably best to change the subject of their conversation. Besides, he loved talking about this particularly holiday.

With the sudden question, Mark looked up at the other and nodded his head.

“Why?” Jackson spoke softly.

“Well… it’s sort of magical, isn’t it?” Mark whispered, rubbing his hands together nervously a little because he had never talked to anyone about this. Not about his sort of huge obsession with the holiday.

The younger smiled and just decided to stay silent, and simply nod.

“I like the happiness of it. The fact that all that it’s about is bringing happiness to other people and not caring about yourself.” Just as he said those words, he thought back to his parents who were so worried about what other people thought they continuously locked their only son in his room to save themselves from embarrassment.

There was a moment of prolonged silence before Mark decided to continue on with his own thoughts, just pretending Jackson was his diary.

Or something like that.

“…The idea of miracles, the idea that anything can happen if you only believe, is extremely magical. Although they’re not real. I wish they were…” The boy looked very into what he was saying, it made Jackson smile a little at how much he obviously thought about this.

Jackson stood up and moved to the window, grinning at something he saw.

Turning around, he stared at Mark.

“Come here Mark.” He said, curling his index finger to beckon the other over. Mark was a little hesitant at first but finally he stood up and walked over to the younger.

When Mark got to the window, Jackson moved to the side a little to let him in.

That’s when he heard a small gasp leave Mark’s mouth.

“See? Miracles do happen.” What the boy was in fact referring to, was the small white flakes that were currently falling from the sky. It never snowed on Christmas, never.

But for some reason, now, it was snowing, just at the exact time they were talking about miracles. Jackson turned to watch Mark’s own expressions of the weather, and it seemed like he was ecstatic. His eyes were lightened up with the magic of winter. It was adorable.

Moving backwards – knowing that Mark wasn’t thinking about him in the least – he walked towards the other until he was directly behind him.

Taking a chance, he placed his two hands on the other’s waist.

Then he moved his lips over to Mark’s left ear, and chuckled a little, before speaking softly to the other. It made Mark shiver when he felt the other’s breath hit his skin – it was weird, foreign, but not necessarily horrible.

“Want to go play in the snow?” Jackson whispered.

“…Yes please.” Mark said, turning his head to face the other with a large grin on his pink lips. “Let’s go!”

Almost immediately, he opened the window and both of them crawled outside, landing on the ground instantly as they thanked God that Mark’s bedroom wasn’t that high up – and the fact that the snow cushioned the fall. Jackson stood up from the ground and immediately grabbed onto Mark’s wrist to help him up. The snow was cold, in fact, the entire atmosphere was freezing but neither of them cared about it.

It was the snow they cared about. Or well, it was the snow Mark cared about, and it was the boy’s wonder that Jackson cared about.

Time passed and the sense of wonder was getting higher and higher.

Mark was busy making a small snowman from all the freshly fallen snow whilst Jackson was creating a little plan in his head to get the beautiful boy to notice him a lot more. Which included more snow.

Picking up snow in his hand (and ignoring how cold it was), he rolled it into a ball and smirked. It was time to spark this up a little.

Launching it perfectly at Mark’s back, he grinned when the other yelped.

“What the hell?!” Mark shouted, turning around and glaring at the boy who was giggling like a little school girl. Pursing his lips, he let out a sigh. “…It is so on right now.” He whispered, bending down and picking up a bit of snow for himself. It was time to return fire.

As he rolled it into a ball, he brought up his hand and instantly threw it directly at Jackson’s face. And with luck, it hit it's target.

Jackson spit out some snow before he wiped his eyes.

“Oh it is on.”

Both of them were soon running away from each other, building a lot of snow balls to use as ammo when the time came. Jackson was giggling to himself as he was building a pyramid of snow balls. But Mark was getting right into it as well. He had quite a few and was ready to play the best game he had ever played in his entire life. If only his parents knew what he was doing right now…

That made him laugh.

But whilst he was laughing, he didn’t notice his opponent moving around behind him, before he felt something extremely cold move down his jumper.

“Holy !” Mark jumped up immediately and turned around. “Why did you do that?!” He shouted, trying to get the snow away from the bare skin of his back whilst Jackson was just laughing his off.

Jackson waited until Mark had calmed down. The other was still huffing a little before he turned around.

And the glaring begun.

Mark picked up a few snowballs and slowly moved towards Jackson who stayed on his spot. What the older didn’t know, was that Jackson was very cunning and was planning something in his head for this moment. When they were very close, Mark instantly launched a ball at the other’s chest – but it didn’t bother the other at all.

When Mark moved even closer towards Jackson, the younger instantly tackled Mark to the ground and shoved some snow into his perfectly fashioned hair.

But Mark wasn’t angry, in fact, a large grin settled on his lips.

Jackson was on top of the other, chuckling at him whilst continuing to shower him with snow that lay on the ground around him. The boy below suddenly kicked Jackson softly and twisted them around on the ground.

“Now who’s on top?” Mark whispered, wriggling his eyebrows before he grabbed some snow in one hand.

He looked cunning and excited.

Jackson looked at him suspiciously. The other was planning something.

“…What are you doing?” He asked, tilting his head a little on the ground, but he wasn’t a hurry on moving from this position. Not that he was going to tell Mark that any time soon. Before he could fit in another question, Mark did the unspeakable.

The boy had somehow managed to lift up Jackson’s flashy shirt and shove some cold mushy ice up against his stomach. Mark giggled rather menacingly.

Moving his hand up to Jackson’s chest, he left the snow there before removing his hand and flattening the snow down. Jackson’s eyes widened instantly and he stared up at the boy. The shivers and cold sensations running through his skin forced him to sit up, throwing Mark to the side and straddling him immediately. Now, it was time for even more payback.

Lifting up his shirt, he automatically did the same to Mark before lying flat on him, pushing the snow that was on his skin onto Mark’s.

“Ah!” Mark shouted, shutting his eyes tightly before he began to chuckle.

“Don’t play with me Mark.” Jackson warned, his voice lowering a little as he smirked at the boy.

“I thought that’s what we were out here to do?”

“…You’re right.” Jackson whispered, smiling as their faces grew even closer, which was when Jackson asked the question he was looking forward to asking. “Mark, have you ever been with someone?”

The older boy’s face paled a little when he heard it. Although he knew it was coming.

Somehow, he knew it was going to be asked.

“…I’ve been locked up in my house all of my life so that would be no.” Mark said, shuffling a little, trying to forget that both his and Jackson’s bare torsos were actually rubbing up against each other. “I’ve never been in a relationship Jackson, I’ve never done anything.”

That was exactly what Jackson wanted to hear. The younger boy stared at Mark and pouted a little.

“You’ve never sneaked out and had a one night stand?”

“No, that’s not right.” Mark explained. The other chuckled.

“Well, each to their own.” Jackson suddenly rolled off of the other and lay beside him, screeching a little when his back hit the cold snow. “!” He arched his back and frowned when he heard the other laugh at him. “Don’t laugh at me…”

Mark shrugged before he just stared at the sky.

It was really peaceful. Just being with someone that wasn’t judging him or being embarrassed by him was something he had yearned for all of his life.

Turning his head, he saw that Jackson was already staring at him.

“What?” he asked, letting the small snowflakes hit his pale cheeks. Jackson stared at him in silence just for a little while. Watching the snow fall onto Mark’s face, it made his skin glisten and his eyes look even prettier. “Jackson?” Hearing his name fall through Mark’s lips made him smile.

“Can I request something?” Jackson asked, knowing how cliché this entire thing was but that didn’t mean he wasn’t going to do it.

And by the expression on Mark’s face, he also knew what was about to be asked.

Mark sat up and shivered a little as the snow fell from his pale back. He pushed his jumper back down and he finally stood up. Looking over at Jackson, Mark pulled a frown and sighed, shaking his head.

“I don’t think so Jackson, I don’t even know you.” Mark explained, rubbing his own arms to try and gain some warmth.

Jackson stood up and moved over to him.

“Which is exactly why you should let me do it.” The boy tried to encourage him.

“…I don’t think so.” Mark repeated. Looking around, he noticed that the snow was getting slightly heavier, and it was really pretty. But now he felt that the conversation and the situation was completely awkward because of what Jackson had sort of suggested. “Um… I think I might go back to my room.”

Just as he was about to leave – or at least start to climb the tree back to his room on the ledge – he was held back by Jackson who stared at him with excitement in his eyes.

And he looked desperate.

“Please?!” He shouted, grasping Mark’s hands and pleading. Mark stared at him before sighing a little.

Maybe it would be a good experience for him.

Besides, as he had thought before, he wasn’t that bad looking and was certainly attractive. Staring at Jackson for a little while longer, the desperate look in his eyes made him cave pretty quickly. his lips, he took a deep breath before he nodded his head and watched as Jackson started to jump up and down like a little kid.

“Oh my god, yay!” He shouted, continuing to jump with Mark’s hands in his own.

Mark could only giggle with him. This was pretty exciting.

“Okay, so where do you want to do this? In your bedroom or your bathroom?” The boy questioned, forcing Mark to go towards the edge of the building so they could climb back up into his bedroom. When they did, and were back inside the bedroom, Mark shrugged his shoulders.

Although he was pretty sure that he didn’t want to do it beside a toilet and a bathtub. Looking to Jackson, he cleared his throat nervously.

Pointing downwards, he spoke softly and shyly.

“The bedroom is a good place.”

Jackson smiled and nodded, looking around. Before he moved forward, he asked the other another question.

“So… do you have a needle I can borrow?”

Mark stared at him like he was crazy.

“What? A needle?” He asked instantly, looking at Jackson with ultimate question on his mind of why the hell he would need a needle. Mark had seen other people do it and knew there was no need for such a thing.

“You know, so I can make the hole?” Jackson said, a small serious expression on his face as he spoke.

But only silence followed.

Jackson cleared his throat a little. Fiddling with his fingers, he stared at Mark and tilted his head.

“Um Mark… what did you think I was asking you to do?”

“…Well… I-I…” Now Mark was insanely embarrassed. Oh god, he wasn’t asking if he could do it after all. It was something else. Mark had never felt more stupid in his entire life and he was now sure that the only real person he had been friends with thinks he is a total weirdo. “I-I… what were you asking to do?”

There was silence again before Jackson moved his hand and put out his index finger, pointing to Mark’s ear for some reason. It just made the situation more confusing.

“I was asking to pierce your ear?” His voice was soft and light. Mark’s face instantly darkened at the horrible question.

Now there was no way he’d agree to that.

But now Jackson knew that he was thinking something else. Jackson moved a little bit forward and he had a small and curious smirk on his lips.

“What did you think I was asking?”

“…Nothing.” Mark whispered, even though it was a very incoherent answer. The other chuckled before he moved closer even more. There was a little bit of a tense atmosphere, and Mark was actually hoping someone would interrupt them.

“Mark, tell me, please?” Jackson whispered, their faces almost touching.

“Well… I-I thought you meant… a… a…” Now, his face was entirely red because of how the other made him feel.

Jackson chuckled before he placed his hands on the other’s waist.

Tilting his head to the right, he leaned closer until Mark felt the boy’s breath against his lip and for some reason he felt he was being played. Looking into Jackson’s eyes, he spotted that the boy was smirking and he was close to laughing. Which meant he was definitely being played.

Placing his hands on Jackson’s chest, he stared at him suspiciously. Clearing his throat once again, he spoke quietly.

“…You were asking for a kiss, weren’t you?” He said.

“Of course I was.” Jackson said, letting his thumbs rub against Mark’s soft skin on his waist. “Now, you already agreed so…”

Moving forward, Jackson instantly placed his lips against Mark’s and kept his eyes opened to see how the other was going to react. Mark felt weird, but it wasn’t a bad weird, in fact, it felt pretty good – even though their lips weren’t moving. As he stayed perfectly still, Jackson took that as a sign to properly kiss him. He was going to give him the best first kiss of his life.

Moving his lips more, he moved one of his hands up to the boy’s back and brought him closer. Mark wasn’t quite sure what he was supposed to do with his own hands.

Jackson smiled into the kiss before he grabbed Mark’s hands and put them around his own neck.

Now they completely fell into sync.

Their lips were moving softly against one another, Mark finally closing his eyes and allowing Jackson to do so too. With Mark’s arms in place, he moved his own hand up to Mark’s hair and softly pinched it before he took the kiss a step further.

Swiping his tongue softly across Mark’s plump bottom limp, he felt Mark shiver.

That meant he could do what he wanted to do for a while.

Pushing his hot tongue into the older’s mouth, he played with Mark’s a little as it stayed dormant and he knew that Mark didn’t know what to do. Although he was hoping the boy would catch on soon. Suddenly, he felt Mark move his tongue a little and soon enough, the two hot muscles were sliding along each other, dancing softly as Jackson grabbed onto Mark’s hair to pull his head back a little.

Mark was in heaven right now. The feeling that was riding through his body was amazing and he didn’t want it to stop.

As if an instinct took over, he pushed body up against Jackson’s more.

Jackson felt it, and he chuckled into the kiss before he ran his other hand up inside of the boy’s jumper, moving his fingertips lightly across the soft skin. Their kiss was still passionate, tongues moving across each other as Jackson randomly bit into Mark’s bottom lip to add more appeal.

Minutes passed, and Jackson moved his mouth back, giggling when he saw Mark unconsciously go forward as if he wanted to kiss him again. They were both heaving.

Their bodies were pressed up against each other and they were feeling extremely hot. Mark took a gulp and stared into Jackson’s eyes. It was weird.

The feeling running through his nerves was pleasing.

“…Thank you Jackson. But… are you going to do the whole running away thing afterwards?” He wondered, looking a little sad in case the answer was yes. The other pursed his lips before he chuckled. Pecking Mark on the lips, he spoke.

“Definitely not.”

They separated finally before Jackson began approaching the door. Turning around, he smiled at Mark and winked.

“My parents are going to be wondering where I am. I’ll see you at the next party.”

Before he could leave, Mark ran over and kissed him very quickly.

“Thanks for the miracle.”

Jackson chuckled before he nodded.

“Merry Christmas Mark.”

“Merry Christmas Jackson.”

Both of them touched lips once again, softly and passionately, then Mark watched Jackson move out of his room and down the hallway. When he shut his bedroom door, he looked at the food on the plate that Jackson had brought and he tilted his head curiously.

It was most certainly not the food that Mark had been waiting for a maid to bring up. In fact, it was most certainly party food.

Just as he was about to procrastinate a little more, he heard someone knock.

“Yes?” He asked as he opened the door, and he saw the maid there with a small sad smile on her face before she gave him the plate in her hands. “Um, what is this?” Mark wondered as he stared at her.

“It’s your dinner, Young Master. Your father asked me to bring it to you at nine o’clock instead of eight.” Bowing properly, she left and Mark shut the door.

Looking at the food on his hands and then the food on the table, he chuckled.

Well, there goes Jackson’s reason for coming to his room. He most certainly did not follow the maid. It just made the conversation even weirder. Sitting on his bed, he placed his head on his hand.

Mark should be angry at the fact Jackson lied.

But he didn’t care.

All he was thinking about was the boy’s lips. A mysterious stranger had come into his room in unpredictable circumstances and had given him his first kiss. It was certainly a Christmas miracle.

Fin.


A/N: And here it is! My first completed MarkSon. I hope you liked it! And I hope the judge reading this did too :) Thanks for reading <3

And here's an extra MarkSon gif for all you shippers ;)