1/1 (for now)

not a long trip down

"one day," baekhyun comments, "your clumsiness is going to get the better of you, and you're going to plummet straight to earth."

 

chanyeol frowns, because that's the most he could do from that statement without stepping out of the boundaries of an angel. "that's not very nice," he stiffly says instead.

 

baekhyun circles around him, feathery wings fluttering with his every step. "it's not something i'm saying in vain, chanyeol," he begins, and then purses his lips. "alright, maybe it is, but i feel like it will come true one day."

 

chanyeol tips the halo nestled on the shorter's head and the latter squawks in irritation. "then you need a lesson on time from zitao, because it's never going to happen," he gently says as the other fixes the tilted position of the glowing holy ring.

 

baekhyun stares up at him in annoyance. "just you wait, park!" he declares, pointing his finger up, though with his height he could only push his finger against chanyeol's nose to make him pig-looking. "i'll be right one day, and you'll be kissing these shoes!"

 

chanyeol doesn't move from his position. "we don't have shoes, baek," he nasally corrects and baekhyun looks down to see, indeed, they didn't. "you don't really need anything to walk on clouds."

 

baekhyun scowls, retracting his finger. "don't patronize me, yeol," he mutters, adjusting his white robes with the grace that only an etheral being could manage. "and anyway, isn't it time for you to visit junmyeon to help him plan whatever an archangel like him needs to do?"

 

chanyeol's eyes widen. "oh, you're right!" he utters, wings beginning to flutter in agitation. "oh, junmyeon's not going to like if i'm late!"

 

"calm down, you big baby," the shorter sighs. "junmyeon doesn't even remember what day it is sometimes, not that he even needs to. just go now and pretend that you weren't running late for any duties you have to fulfill."

 

the taller hums, the feathers beating against his back beginning to soften their strum. "alright... alright," he says decisively. "i'll be going now, then. i'll talk to you before the dusk calling tonight!"

 

baekhyun gives a half-hearted wave, already losing interest in whatever their conversation was, and it could've been a eventless parting of ways for friends had chanyeol not still tried to wave as he his heel.

 

being tall and gangly, it's still hard for him to control his limbs, even in heaven, and with a loud yelp, he stumbles as his foot catches into the fabric of the long robes he wears, arms flailing around madly. "baekhyun!" he yells, and then he tips over the side of the cloud and then it's all just rushing wind in his ears and face as he plummets.

 

"CHANYEOL!" he faintly hears baekhyun call out worriedly from miles above, and the last thing he thinks before he blacks out from the descent was that wow, baekhyun really was right.

 

 

 

a/n: open endng is open time for my beddy bye good night