Because Love Wants to Know You More

Because Love Wants to Know You More

 

            When Chanyeol tells his group of friends if he is going to go on a date, everyone is worried. So, so much worried. Not only for Chanyeol, but also for his future boyfriend as well. No one can imagine how hard the poor boy's life will be.

            "Seriously, Chanyeol. You weren't blackmailing him, were you?" Baekhyun asks, sceptic.

            "What? Of course not."

            "Then you must have been put something on his drink."

            "What the hell, Jongin?! No, I didn't." Chanyeol yells defensively at Jongin. His accusation is too much.

            "It was his food, right? Or you casted spell on him. You called this super famous witch from your family to help you, right? Right?"

            "No. I didn't do any of those things, okay? Why would I?" Chanyeol really wants to punch Jongin face hard because he hurts Chanyeol feeling. Chanyeol or his family never has relation with any witch in the world. Heck, he even doesn't believe if one exists. And beside, he will never have the heart to harm people, especially someone he likes.

            "Then how the hell you are going on this date with Wu ing Yifan?"

            Chanyeol smacks Sehun's mouth with bread for his bad language. He is still a freshman, but he curses like an expert.

            "He just asked me out, okay?" Chanyeol shouts at Sehun.

            "But, why?" Kyungsoo asks purely curious, but Chanyeol is already defended so much.

            "I don't know! He just came to me after I finish biology then asked if I was free this weekend, I said yes. Then BAM! We are going on a date! End of story."

            "But, still...." Joonmyun murmurs quietly, doubt lingering at his tone.

            Chanyeol let out a deep sigh. Why does everyone hardly believe him? What's so wrong of him going on a date of this Wu Yifan guy? They should be happy because finally there is someone who likes Chanyeol. And this someone is the tall, handsome, super rich, and popular Chinese-Canadian university basketball captain for three years straight.

           "That's the point, Chanyeol. What Wu Yifan sees in you?" Jongin asked. Everyone has their eyes on Chanyeol, scrutinizing from his head to toe.

            Yeah, Park Chanyeol is not the most decent guy out here. He is lanky, with legs too long and body too stiff. He has brown curly hair that not once ever combed. His wide dark coffee eyes are covered with thick black framed glasses. His smile is so wide, making almost all of his teeth showing. He always wear clothes twice his size, baggy pants, and worn out sneakers. And his voice is so boisterous, especially when he laughs. Chanyeol's laughing is loud and ugly because his face can not be seen, only his mouth and jaw.

            Overall, Chanyeol is not that good looking. Also, he is the campus nerd because he is study biochem and spends almost all his time at the lab. On top of that he isn't a clean human being. He never tidies his bed after waking up, never sweeps his apartment floor (God knows what Chanyeol steps before he enters that floor), he hates doing laundry (sometimes he uses his two weeks unwashed cloths).            And he likes to fart without even thinking the place (Jongin hates this fact so much).

           He farts like he owns the place. He farts at the class, the cafeteria, the theatre, the station, at his friends room. He farts basically everywhere. He even farted at Jongin's twenty first birthday, making it the worst birthday ever in Jongin's existent. He turned the lavender smell in Jongin's family living room into the aroma of mixed with rotten corpse. It's ing disgusting. Jongin was bullied by the entire campus for a whole week after the accident. Jongin is already forgives him for the sake of childhood friend (even though Chanyeol reluctantly apologize to him because according to his defence, farting is natural. People can not live without farting hence he did nothing wrong).

            Jongin cringes at the memory of two years ago. It was his first time hosting an actual party and it turned into disaster. He is traumatized, banning Chanyeol for every party that held. Now, he makes sure Chanyeol is uninvited in every party that he attended.

            "Why do you guys so against the idea of me dating Yifan?" Chanyeol asks with small voice and fallen expression.

            "Because it's you!" Jongin shouts like he already pointed a very obvious reason. Oh my....

            "Am I that bad?" Chanyeol's tone turning sour. He is very much aware of his lack in physical appearance, but he believes if he has a beautiful heart.

            "No, Chanyeol, of course not. You are good." Kyungsoo throws a nasty glare at Jongin. He may punch Chanyeol a lot, but he cares for Chanyeol's feeling.

            "But, you are talking like I don't deserve him at all, especially Jongin." Chanyeol's voice is trembling. Now, everybody is panicking because crying Chanyeol is not a really nice sight.

            Now everyone sends their daggers at Jongin, who only raising questionable face.

            "That's not what he means." Baekhyun tries to coax.

            Jongin rolls his eyes. That's exactly what he means.

            "Yes, don't listen to him, Channie. He is just being a !"

            Jongin shouts a defensive, "HEY!" at Kyungsoo. Why he doesn't take his side? He just confuse as why this hot piece of Wu Yifan wants to date the ugly duckling Park Chanyeol.

            "Yes, Jongin is absolutely stupid. He got E in chem." Sehun too bullies Jongin, but for half different reason. He just loves mocking his best friend.

            "You are beautiful, Chanyeol. Yifan must see something in you that makes him falling in love with you." That's why Joonmyun is such an angel. He is always good with words.

            "Really? You think so?" Chanyeol lifts his head, looking at his friends with shiny hopeful eyes.

            "Yes, after a hundred of make overs." Jongin mutters quietly, but not so quietly either, because Chanyeol already has liquid in his eyes.

            "Seriously, Jongin! You have to learn shutting your big mouth!"
            "I can help. I have tape!" Sehun pulls out a black tape and Jongin watches his best friend with an awe mixes with horror. How the hell Sehun gets that tape? What a weirdo.

            "You are naturally beautiful, Chanyeol." Bekhyun says, Chanyeol's smile blooms. "But, Jongin's right. You need a make over...." Chanyeol's smile drops. Jongin grins because finally there is another honest human being here. Baekhyun hurriedly completes his sentence before the other send piercing gaze at him, "just a lil bit! Maybe removes your glasses and cut your hair. That's all."

            "Really? But, I don't know how to style my hair and I can not see clearly without this glasses." Chanyeol pouts. He removes his spectacle and everything turns blurry. Suddenly, all of his friends are faceless. It's so scary.

            "Don't worry, Chanyeol. We'll help you!"

            "You guys will?!"

            "Of course, we will. We are best friends, right? Best friends help each other. Beside we don't want to miss the most important moment in your life."

            "Thank you so much, Joonmyun."

            "So, tell us again, when the time of your date, Chanyeol?" Kyungsoo asks, pulling out his planner.

            "This Saturday."
            "Alright. We'll sleep over at your place in Friday."

            "What?! I think we have party at Joonmyun's in Friday."

            "No, no, Jongin. We have to cancel this party."

            "Hey, you guys have a party, but I am not invited?"

            "Sorry, Chanyeol, but I make the rules."

            "Seriously, Jongin. You have to consider people feeling once in a while and stop being er of attention."

            "Shut up, you Oh Sebrat! You are supposed to be on my side! You are my best friend! You love me!"

            "Eww, gross! I'd rather eat sand rather than love you. Beside, I have Lulu already."

            Finally, the have decided that they will help Chanyeol for his upcoming date this Friday. For now because it is still Wednesday, they'll looking for everything necessary that can help Chanyeol gets his object of affection. Jongin agrees to help, under the threat of Kyungsoo. He is responsible with tips and tricks along side with Sehun. Meanwhile, the other three are managing Chanyeol appearance. They claims they are quite fashionable and don't they trust the two youngests sense of fashion.

 

            Friday rolls around quickly with a bunch of tasks and another activities, something like texting Yifan for Chanyeol, dating his boyfriend for Sehun, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo drawn their life in singing, Suho with his internship in his family company, and for Jongin, he lives for dancing. They have agreed to meet at Chanyeol's place at three, in which Sehun heavily agreed because he needs more time with his little boyfriend, hiksu. Jongin had to drag him because he doesn't want to be bullied alone. Actually he's wrong because Sehun lives for bullying Jongin.

            "So, where should we start?" Chanyeol asks his friends. He is really excited for tomorrow event where he can spend his day with Yifan doing whatever they want. Maybe they could even kissing. Chanyeol blushes at the thought of him and Yifan each other face. Will it be romantic or driven by lust? Chanyeol loves both the idea, but it's their first date. Isn't it too soon for kissing? Or maybe not. Chanyeol can't tell. He hasn't go on a date for ages. The last time, perhaps when he was in junior high school which is four years ago.

            "I think we should throw the glasses first. It annoys my eyes."

            In Kyungsoo's opinion, Chanyeol has to get rid of that glass already. It has crack in the left lens. And Chanyeol had to glue the frame because it broke two months a go because of an awful incident. He removes Chanyeol's glasses from the bridge of his nose. Chanyeol frowns. He never take off his glasses except for bed hence the sudden blurriness makes him uncomfortable.

            "Guys, I think you lose your noses and mouths."

            Kyungsoo giggles. Look at the funny face Chanyeol displays, so cute.

            "You can use contact lens, Channie. What color should you wear? Red?"

            Baekhyun rolls his eyes at Kyungsoo. "He is going to a date not Halloween party."

            "Maybe brown?"

            "Let's just use the transparent one." Joonmyun suggest. Usually, when Joonmyun decides something it's final. So, there is no room for argument and they go with transparent lens.

            "What about his hair?"

            "Umm, we don't go to hair saloon for this?" Chanyeol asks in unsure voice. He doesn't believe his friends for styling his hair. They probably cut the wrong way then making Chanyeol bald instead of fixing his looks.

            "No. I have experience Chanyeol, don't worry!"

            Everybody knows Kyungsoo and his obsession as a barber, but no one ever sees his work before. The most hair he cuts is his fringe. But, Chanyeol doesn't do anything because one, he has no more money to go to proper hair stylist (he already spent it on new clothes and jeans yesterday) and two, he doesn't want to hurt Kyungsoo's feeling. See, he has a very kind heart. It must be the reason Yifan falling in love with him.

            "Kyung, instead of cut it why don't we just change the style? Maybe we can just make his hair straight or wavy or something like that." Joonmyun suggests. Chanyeol breaths in relieve. Joonmyun must be a mind reader.

            Kyungsoo takes a careful look at Chanyeol's mob of curly hair. It's pretty short, but it can make rather long straight hair. Or maybe Chanyeol will look good with wavy hair. It can make him looking pretty and oh, oh, he can make ponytail from there like he always wants. Kyungsoo squeals happily, making everyone curious at something going on his mind.

           

            The make over takes a lot of time because suddenly Kyungsoo wants to dye Chanyeol's hair brown. It's already late at night when Kyungsoo gets what he considers as the perfect hair style. Everyone is exhausted, even Sehun and Jongin who basically did nothing. They tired just from watching Chanyeol get his make over done.

            "No, Chanyeol, you can't sleep. Not yet."

            "You have to wash your hair first because the smell is awful, but you can't do it now because we need to wait at least three hours."

            "But, I am so sleepy, Kyung." Chanyeol whined. He can barely open his eyes. He has to wake up early in the morning tomorrow. If he doesn't sleep now he'll get dark circle under his eyes, ugh that's definitely ugly as .

            "We are sleepy, Kyung. Chanyeol's right. Just continue this tomorrow." Jongin yawns. He has hard time keeping his eyes open.

            "But, he has to listen to the tips and tricks first. There is no way he makes mistakes in his first date!" Kyungsoo insists. Baekhyun nods his head beside him. There are so much things Chanyeol needs to learn. Chanyeol is naturally clumsy and dumb, he could ruin his date without he even realizes.

            It's funny though. How they are so eager to help Chanyeol for his date when they doubt him at the first time. But, deep down Chanyeol is thankful. He gets a bunch of caring people.

            "Kyungsoo, let's just do the theoretical lesson tomorrow. I can't talk now because I am sleepy as . And you can't ing ban me from sleep unless you have a nice able as like Lu Han has, but obviously you are not ing Lu Han hence you better off, you !"

            If look could kill, Sehun is already dead by now. And surely he can get choke with eyeliner because Kyungsoo has Baekhyun's eyeliner in his hand. Luckily Baekhyun and Joonmyun hold him down. Sehun can be really annoying when he is sleepy.

            "Jongin, just take Sehun to the living room or else you'll lose your best friend." Chanyeol tells Jongin who acts immediately.

            "Now, Kyungsoo, take a deep breath and let it out slowly. Everything is just a mere of your imagination."

            Kyungsoo does like Baekhyun instructions. He is able to calm down after three minutes. He'll make killing Sehun in his to-do-list later.

            "Alright, let's stop here and continue this tomorrow. Everyone is tired, we need to sleep. Please cover your hair with something Chanyeol or the color will stain your sheet." Joonmyun ends this day with deep sigh. He himself is tired.

 

            The next morning is quite peaceful after Sehun apologize for his aggressive behaviour toward Kyungsoo. Truthfully he didn't mean it, but he was sleepy, so he acts base on autopilot. Kyungsoo calmly forgives him. Having use to it after knowing Sehun for years.

            "You are mature now, huh?" Jongin teases him with wiggling eyebrows. Kyungsoo just shove his shoulder.

            "So, according to my own experience, don't plan anything, just let it flows." Sehun tells Chanyeol. The three of them are gathering at Chanyeol's living room, waiting for healthy breakfast that Joonmyun, Baekhyun and Kyungso cook.

            "But, wouldn't it be awkward when we stuck?" Chanyeol asks.

            "Yeah, but sometimes it gets boring because your date isn't going to like everything you prepare all the time."

            "Alright, noted!"

            "You have to keep your smile minimum." Jongin says next.

            "Why?"

            "Because it's creepy!"

            "Really?" Chanyeol pouts, "But, Sehun looks scary because he rarely smile."

            "Hey, why did you drag me into this? My smile is for Lulu's eyes only, okay?"

            Both Jongin and Chanyeol rolls their eyes at Sehun. That brat is truly whipped.

            "Besides, Yifan is already frowning all the time. I have to balance his frown, right?"

            Jongin and Sehun furrow their eyebrows, remembering how Yifan facial expression is. They couldn't be more agree with Chanyeol. Yifan has frown permanently attached to his face, despite being handsome.

            "Okay, you can smile, but not too much."

            "Alright." Chanyeol heavily agrees. What's wrong with his smile? Smile takes less energy than being angry. And Chanyeol loves to smile, a lot. Smile makes other people happy.

            "Talk more about Yifan's life. It makes him happy and makes you look less selfish. He'll think you care so much about him."

            Chanyeol nods eagerly. Sehun's advice is way more useful than Jongin's. Chanyeol thinks what Jongin actually does is complain about Chanyeol's habit. Jongin is always sentiment about him. He doesn't mind Jongin though because he is dumb.

            "What else should I do?"

            "You need to stop farting! Especially in front of your object of affection."

            "Why? Is that a bad thing?"
            "Of course, it is!" Jongin screams at Chanyeol. How could this guy doesn't know if farting in front of other people is disgusting as ?

            "But, Jongin, it's natural thing. I can't control it."

            "Yes, you can!"

            "I can get stomach-ache if I hold my fart! Don't you know if you have to pay five hundred thousand won if you can't fart? You have to thankful because you can fart."

            "That's not the point." Jongin wanted to pull his hair or rather Chanyeol's. Maybe it could knock some sense to his brain.

            "Holding fart is dangerous thing, you know."
            "But, Yifan will find it disgusting."
            Chanyeol pauses after hearing Jongin's words. "What? Fart is literally smells awful. What's the problem with that? Even your fart is awful."

            "Yeah, but just don't fart in public."

            "I think, it'll prove his love for me, Jongin. If he really likes me, he'll accept my fart."

            "What kind of logic is that?"

            "Besides I never really fart in public."

            "You ruined my party with your ing fart!"
            "That's the point. I only fart in front of you guys!"

            Their discussion have to be paused because breakfast is ready. Joonmyun makes boiled eggs with cornflakes and milk. It's way to healthy for Jongin and Sehun who are still in (according to them) growing state.

            "Chanyeol, you can't eat that!" Jongin threatens when Chanyeol is about eating his egg.

            Everybody pauses midway, staring at frantic Jongin.

            "Why?" Chanyeol asks.

            "Yeah, why can't he eat the egg?" Kyungsoo asks. He is somewhat offended because who is Jongin judging his food. He didn't even help cooking.

            "It's egg. It'll make his fart smells worse."

            "I won't fart while we eat."
            "Can you guys please stop talking about fart? We are eating!"

            "Stop complaining or you can eat somewhere else." Joonmyun snaps. There are too much noises in the morning. He just wants to eat peacefully. In the end, Jongin steals Chanyeol's egg.

           

 

            Jongin keeps blabbering of Chanyeol's fart when he is ready to go. Chanyeol doesn't listen to Jongin because Jongin stole his egg and he is dumb. He is the dumbest person lives on earth. He says everything that don't make a sense. Instead of helping Chanyeol through his date, Jongin is more likely destroying it. He has no date, so he can't tell Chanyeol what to do. So what if he farts in front of Yifan? He wants to test his love for him. He wants to know his true feeling. Is Yifan serious or just playing with him? He has no other idea to prove that, so he'll just stick with plan.

            That noon, Chanyeol goes to his date with thumping heart. He has removed his glasses and changes his hair style. He is nervous. How would Yifan react to his transformation. Will he like it? Or does he like his old self better? Chanyeol just doesn't care anymore because he sees Yifan. Walking from a far wearing casual white tee, a fedora, and blue washed jeans. And he manages to look so handsome. Chanyeol waves his hand excitedly, Yifan frowns. What? Why?

            "Chanyeol? Is that you?"

            Chanyeol can feel his heart cracks. Did Yifan just ask who he was? He doesn't recognize him. Chanyeol mentally slaughters his friends.

            "Yeah, it's me." Chanyeol mutters quietly, excitement no longer there.

            "Wow, you look different."

            Chanyeol peeks at Yifan from under his bangs. "I look that bad?"

            Yifan is taken a back. "No, you look stunning. The good kind of different."

            Chanyeol grins and blushes deep shade of red. "So, do you like it?"

            "I always like you."

            Chanyeol is sure his face is getting redder because his cheeks is so hot. It must be the weather. It's summer after all.

            "Let's get going!"

            Chanyeol turns to his back. He needs to change the subject to avoid further embarrassment.

 Chanyeol walks two steps further than Yifan, but Yifan's hand successfully reaches his hand and intertwined their fingers together.

            "It's a date. We should hold hands."

            Chanyeol looks up at Yifan who smiles that beautiful gummy smile and him. Chanyeol thinks he might die if he gets that smile too much. He ducks his head away after ten seconds because he doesn't Yifan to witness him red.

            Yifan's is warm and large. It fits perfectly with Chanyeol's own, but it triggers Chanyeol's heart to thump faster. And it makes people look at their direction. Some looks at them with awe, meanwhile the others look sentimental. Still, Chanyeol doesn't mind. They must be jealous. Who wouldn't. Yifan looks like just come out from manga. So handsome and unreal. But, Chanyeol likes it, the idea of this gorgeous man is his.

            "Where are we going, by the way?"

            "Hmm, do you like it if we go the city festival before lunch?"

            Chanyeol wants to scream he'll go whenever Yifan takes him, even to hell, but he just nods. Suddenly, the city festival sounds like the greatest even ever. He never tags a long when his friends ask him to go with them, but now he anticipates it. City festival is wonderful. Just because Chanyeol goes there with Yifan.

            The festival is full with people when they arrives. A lot family and groups of friends hanging out together, fulfilling the stands. It's adding to the fun. It must be good because a lot of people there.

            Chanyeol lets Yifan leads the way. Yifan is walking a step away in front of him, their hands still intertwined together. He hides Chanyeol behind his back, afraid of him getting bump with another people. Chanyeol smiles smugly. It feels nice and sends tingly familiar feeling to his heart. Yifan is protecting him. How sweet.

            They just walking further to the festival. Passing food court and candy stalls. Chanyeol eyes a pink fluffy cotton candy dreamily. He hasn't eat cotton candy in a long time. He wants to tug at Yifan's hand, but Yifan doesn't seem want to stop. It's like he already has somewhere he wants to be. So, Chanyeol holds his urge. He just follows Yifan while set his eyes around the festival. There are a lot of stands opened, ranging from vegies to statues.

            He doesn't realize when Yifan stops, only gasps when there is a bouquet of chrysanthemum in front of his face. He looks up at Yifan confusedly, "For me?"

            Yifan smiles, his eyes turn crescent. "For you."

            He takes the flowers with a small "thank you" and a fluttered heart. Yifan is such a gentleman, a considerate one. Chanyeol would be happy if Yifan greets him with flower for every date, but he thinks kiss would be better. He again, blushes at the thought of their kiss. When will their first kiss happen?

            They get cotton candy afterwards. Chanyeol's eyes lit up.

            "I know you want one." Yifan says. There is smirk in his face. Chanyeol's inside is melting because that was just so y.

            "How do you know?" Chanyeol asks after having his desired cotton candy. His eyes blinking in wonder at Yifan and the taller finds it adorable. He thinks Chanyeol looks good and y with his glasses, but seeing his eyes directly make him realize if Chanyeol has beautiful eyes. Yifan knows better. It's his eyes that make him falling in love with Chanyeol in the first place.

            "I just know. You are so obvious, you know. Like an open book."

            "Should I try to be more mysterious then?" Chanyeol schools his expression, creasing his eyebrows to frown.

            Yifan chuckles and smoothen it. "No. I want to read you always."

            Chanyeol beams. He'll be whatever Yifan's want. "Alright. Thank you for this, by the way." He leans up, landing a small peck at Yifan's cheek.

            Yifan's eyes are getting wider, so is Chanyeol. He does that with a mere instinct.

            "Sor-sorry. I was just-"

            "No, no. It's totally fine with me."

            The atmosphere is changing now. Both of them can feel it the awkwardness lingering in the air. But, Chanyeol can sense if somewhat whatever happen between them is escalate to the new level. Chanyeol blushes harder.

            Yifan grabs his hand again. They just walk around aimlessly, looking at everything they can and trying everything they want. Chanyeol feels nice just like this. He can't help, but kisses Yifan's other cheek when he buys him a big wolf plushie. He doesn't feel awkward anymore this time. Yifan even kiss his cheek back.

            It is hard to walk around while bringing a bouquet of flower and a giant plushie. Chanyeol asks if they can sit down for awhile. His feet hurts anyway.

            "Let's find somewhere quiet." Yifan says. He volunteers to bring Chanyeol's flower and plushie, but Chanyeol lets him hold only the flower. He wants to hold his plushie himself, it's comfy to hug.

            They settles at wooden chair under shady tree. Han river is before them. There are kites flying festival played by children, decorating the sky with a lot of bright color.

            "Oh my God, how can they even made unicorn kite?" Chanyeol exclaimes in wonder. Kid these day is jus so smart.

            Yifan chuckles. The twinkling in Chanyeol's eyes appears again and Yifan's face himself lits up. He thinks only around Chanyeol he can smile without getting judged weird.

            "Hey, it's almost lunch time. You can sit here while I grab some food."

            "You'll go alone?"

            "Yes, you have to keep Eureolongi. I'll be back quickly. What do you want?" Yes, they already give a name to their plushie. Chanyeol knows it sounds lame, but that Yifan who names it. Chanyeol gets a long because it kind of cute after some times.

            Chanyeol pouts, but agrees. He wants to see the kite tho. "Anything is fine."

            Yifan leaves with smile and another peck to Chanyeol's cheek. His lips are moist. Chanyeol loves the lingering sensation that blooms on his cheek. He surely can live with this everyday.

            He gets a text from Kyungsoo asking about his date five minutes later. Chanyeol just reply with simple good. It's more than he expected. He'll need more than 160 characters to express his feeling. Everything goes smoothly. Not more than a minute later he gets another text, but he frowns when read it.

 

U surely CANT fart!!

 

Trust me u just CANT!!

 

            That stupid Kim Jongin. Chanyeol replies with simple 'I wont' i he doesn't want Jongin to flood his phone with his useless text. Kim Jongin can't ruin his date. Nope. Not in a million year.

            Chanyeol couldn't help, but wonder. What if he is really just a bet? Yifan is the uni jock, meanwhile Chanyeol is the uni nerd. He may looks okay now, but Yifan asked him out when he was nerd. Chanyeol's heart breaks at the thought of that. Should he really fart in front of him then? If he really likes Chanyeol, he'll get over with his fart. But, if he really plays with Chanyeol's feeling, at least Chanyeol can feel a little satisfied. He gives that jock fart. How wonderful!

           

            He is brought back to reality because of soft touch in his shoulder. Chanyeol looks up, finding Yifan looks worriedly at him. There is two white boxes next to him and two bottles of mineral water.

            "Hi, you are back!"

            Yifan doesn't react with his sudden cheerfulness. He looks at him with frown. He cups his cheeks, "Are you okay?"

            "Yes, I am okay."

            "I've been here for three minutes, but you were too deep in thought with this sad expression in your face. And your mouth is open."

            Wow, it's the longest speech ever comes from his mouth. Chanyeol quickly closes his mouth.

            "I was just thinking how to make unicorn kite." Chanyeol bursts randomly.

            Unexpectedly, Yifan laughs. He ruffles Chanyeol's hair. The latter whines. His friends spent a lot of time to style his hair. There's no way it's ruined. Even by the lovely Wu Yifan.

            "Here, I bought jjajangmyun. Let's eat!"

            Yifan gives the box to Chanyeol after opened it for him. He even snaps Chanyeol's chopstick into two and wait until Chanyeol gets comfortable before opening his own box. What a super sweet guy, Chanyeol thinks.

            It's such a shame if this guy has to force himself to act sweet in front of Chanyeol for a lame college student bet. Chanyeol has a hard time swallows at the thought. But, there is just no reasonable explanation as to why Yifan wants to date him. He just came at him a week a go and then asked him right away if he wanted to go on a date with him. Chanyeol who stunned, doesn't even remember if he said yes or anything. When he finally conscious, Yifan and him already made schedule to meet at Saturday and exchanges numbers.

            "How is it?"

            "Delicious."

            The food is really delicious. The satisfaction in Yifan's face only adds to the content feeling in Chanyeol's heart.

            Chanyeol jolts when Yifan touches his upper lip. "You have sauce there. Eat slowly."

            He nods, dumbfounded. Yifan finds him a messy eater. How sweet of him wipe the sauce for Chanyeol. Yifan is very considerate. This is the best date Chanyeol ever has. He couldn't let anything come to their way. He wants it to be perfect till the end, when they have to part away. He puts the thought about farting to the back of his mind.

            Chanyeol's stomach churns and there is a loud sound coming from him, followed by awful smell. Yifan scrunches his nose while looking at Chanyeol with eyebrows knitted together. Chanyeol just stares dumbly at Yifan. Slowly his face turns red. Damn, did he just fart in front of Yifan? How could he?!

            Chanyeol gasps. He tries to look away to hide his embarrassment. The wind inside his tummy must be forced out by the jjajangmyun. He only ate cereal with milk this morning. His stomach is filled with little solid food and a gust of wind.

            "I am- I...."

            Yifan bursts out laughing. His mouth is wide open, showing his half chewed jjajangmyun. He even doesn't have the urge to close his mouth. Chanyeol just wants to be far away from here.

            "Seriously, Chanyeol? Did you jus fart?"

            Chanyeol wants to cry. He wants to stay in his apartment forever, locked in from the entire world.

            Chanyeol doesn't answer. Tear escape from his eye. He must be very embarrassing. Yifan must find him stupid and disgusting. He laughs like Chanyeol is the funniest clown in the world. Yeah, he is stupid, disgusting, and funny of course. He farted in front of his crush, when they are eating together. Could it get even worse?

            "Hey, hey, Chanyeol, are you crying?" Yifan puts his food aside. He rushes to Chanyeol's side, unsure of what to do. He just set Chanyeol's food away and cradles the boy in his arm. Why the hell is he crying?

            "What happen, Chanyeol? Why are you crying, hmm? Something's wrong?" Yifan asks the boy with so much concern while rocks their body lightly.

            "I just farted." Chanyeol answers in between sob.

            "You did."

            "You must hate me now."

            The sniffle gets louder so Yifan hugs Chanyeol tighter. Oh God, Chanyeol is just so adorable like this.

            "Hey, don't cry, please."
            "It's okay, Yifan. You can being honest now. I'm just a bet, right?"

            Yifan pulls away to look directly at Chanyeol. His face is puffy, nose red, and lips trembles. Yifan wants to kiss it away and he does.

            It's nothing sensual or steamy. Just lips presses against lips in the most innocent manner. Exactly how first kiss means to be. Yifan doesn't move an inch because he is still unsure.

            It's soft, wet (because of Chanyeol's tears), and tasted like soy sauce. It's enough to make Chanyeol shocks and stop crying. Yifan pulled away few seconds later. He has enough already.

            "You kissed me!"

            "I did."

            "It's that the part of the bet?"

            "What bet?"

            "But, you are dating me!"

            "It's not a bet. This is real. I like you!"

            "Lie! Stop pretending. Your friends must be waiting you somewhere."

            "No. It's love at first sight, okay? Since two months ago. Just from one look at your eyes."

            "But, we just know each other for a week."

            "You do, but I don't."

            Chanyeol stares at Yifan in bewilderment. What the hell is happening here? The farting part as the big issue is forgotten.

            "Do you remember the accident at the basketball court?"
            "What accident?"
            "Someone knocked you over with ball. Your glasses broke."

            Chanyeol tries to recall that incident. Yes, it's indeed happened. He just came back from laboratory that Monday morning. He walked by the court because it was closer with the gate. Unfortunately, some irresponsible student threw a ball at his direction, right at his head, making him fell and broke his precious glasses.

            Chanyeol's vision was blur all over. He heard someone walked closer to him, apologized and helped him stand. Chanyeol had a hard time recognizing the guy. One thing that he knew if he was tall.

            "Can you give me my glasses?" He doesn't get an answer, but he was sure there was someone in front of him. "Hey, where is my glasses?"

            "Oh! It breaks in two, you can't use it anymore."
            Chanyeol wanted to smack the culprit hard, but how he when he couldn't see clearly?

            "Can you send me to the choir club then?"

            The only way was to ask his best friend, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo to fix his glass. He felt a hand on his upper arm and the man lead the way for Chanyeol.

 

            "I can't stop thinking about you since then. You have a pair of beautiful eyes. They are wide and sparkling. Your eyes hunt me down every night. I can't sleep because whenever I close my eyes your face appears and I can't help, but recalling how deep is your eyes."

            Chanyeol has his eyes opened so wide. Does it really the truth? "You must be kidding me."
            "I didn't. It took me a long time to approach you though."

            "Why?"
            "Because I have to prepare myself. I can't let your eyes me in when I look at you. I observed you from afar and I fall deeper day by day."

            "You are so cheesy."

            Chanyeol really can not stop blushing this day. So, that's really happen. Yifan is actually like him. Like for real? Oh my God! This is breaking news. The school hottie is falling in love with him. He really wants to smash this reality to Jongin's face.

            "Actually, it was my friend Zitao who threw the ball at your direction."

            "But, you are the one who help me."
            "Yeah, because Zitao is scared and he doesn't know how to speak Korean properly. I hope you forgive him."

            "I forgive him. But, I farted in front of you. You must think I am gross."

            Chanyeol smile falls. He does an appropriate thing in front of his now canceled potential boyfriend.

            Yifan pulls Chanyeol closer and put a quick peck in Chanyeol's lips. He still doesn't have the confidence for actual kiss.

            "I still like you."

            "Really? Yifan, what I did is disgusting. It's such a turn off. I can't understand if you doesn't like me anymore."

            "You are so cute, do you know that?"

            "Yifan, this is a serious matter."

            "Listen, I've like you for two months already. And I want to know more about you. In fact, you farting in front of me, make me know you better. And I don't have the idea of backing away this soon."

            Chanyeol can only smile so wide until reach his eyes. His inside is so light and warm. He thinks, it must be the feeling of fly to the cloud nine.

            "So, are we like boyfriend now?" Chanyeol asks, suddenly feels shy. The word boyfriend comes out so good from his lips.

            "Just when you let me explore your lips more."

            "Just go ahead."


 

 

 MASTERLIST