1/1

Baby's First Word

Like other parents, Kyungsoo and Jongin try their best to make their baby, Sehun, to goddamn talk but fail miserably. When they are on verge of giving up, Sehun shouts a word much to their surprise.

(c)


"Sehunnie, dada!"Jongin says, shaking one of Sehun's toys. Sehun frowns in displease and turns his attention away from Jongin and somehow, at that moment, the white wall is more fascinating than Jongin. Sehun lets out a giggle and Jongin sighs and slumps against the cushions. 

"I give up, Kyungsoo!" Jongin whines and grabs Sehun, who is still giggling over the wall, to sit on his lap. "He is now giggling at the wa— WHAT THE ?" He cusses out loud as Sehun hit his head with a remote. Sehun breaks to laughter and hugs Jongin's face. 

Kyungsoo, who previously went to make Sehun's milk, chuckles at the sight. "You shouldn't swear in front of him." He walks to the living room, bottle in his hands and sits next to Jongin and takes the baby away from the other male to feed him. 

"It's not like he will repeat what I said earlier." Jongin mumbles, rubbing the spot that got hit by Sehun. "Hyung." Jongin whines.

"What?"

"Kiss my oo away. It hurts." He pouts disgustingly as he leans closer to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo smirks and seizes the remote that previously was used by Sehun to hit his dad's head. "Aw, where does it hurts, love?" 

"Here!" Jongin points at a random spot on his head, he shuts his eyes close as he feels Kyungsoo leans in closer. ", SOO!" He shouts in agony as Kyungsoo smacks his head with the remote. Sehun blinks his eyes at the loud noises and decides to ignore it as Pororo is played in TV.

 

A few days later, Kyungsoo finds Jongin buying a parenting book. He narrows his eyes at Jongin weirdly. "What's wrong with you?" Kyungsoo asks. "Sehun is doing fine. You are an okay dad. What are you going to do with this book?"

"An okay? Just okay?" Jongin frowns in distatisfied. "Sehun hasn't said any word yet and I'm worried so I bought this." 

Kyungsoo nods. "Ah. What a great daddy you are." Kyungsoo smiles and brings his hand up to pinch Jongin's cheek. "I would love to change the 'okay dad' to a 'great dad' since you worry about Sehun's growing."

"Of course I do! I deserve a reward, don't I?" Jongin wiggles his eyebrows which cracks Kyungsoo up. Jongin's puckers his lips for a kiss only to be slap by Kyungsoo, gently, in the face. "Why?" Jongin asks.

"Sehun's here." Kyungsoo points at Sehun who tilts his head at his parents before grinning widely at his parents. 

Jongin groans and curses silently.

 

"Jongin!" Kyungsoo calls out, a pout visible on his face as he drags his feet to the playroom where Jongin and Sehun are at. 

"What is it?" Jongin asks, not bothering to spare a glance at the elder as he, himself, is busy to entertain Sehun. 

Kyungsoo whines and tugs the hem of Jongin's shirt. "Jongin, Jongin." He repeats. "Look at me." 

"Okay okay." Jongin turns his attention to Kyungsoo. "What is it? Did Krystal end up with Rain and you didn't like the ending and—"

"NO!" Kyungsoo shakes his head. "Not that! Baekhyun called. He said that Luhan said his first word yesterday and it was ball!"

Jongin nods, a little bit lost. "So?"

"OUR SEHUN HASN'T SAID A WORD!" Kyungsoo flails and walks out from the room, leaving Jongin and Sehun dumbfounded. 

"Mum is a bit weird, don't worry." Jongin explains to Sehun as they continue playing with cars and Jongin could hear Kyungsoo ranting at the kitchen from the room but decides to let Kyungsoo cools down.

 

"Sehun. Kim Sehun." Kyungsoo speaks, hands gripping on the baby's thighs. Sehun looks up at Kyungsoo in confusion. "Listen to mama, okay?"

Sehun just stares at the man and tries to escape from his grip. "No, young man. You are not going anywhere."

He stops trying and Kyungsoo smirks in victory. Nu-uh, do not underestimate Kim Sehun, everyone. Before Kyungsoo thinks he can make Sehun speak, Sehun bite his hand hardly which made the man crying in pain, wailing for Jongin and cursing the man for not helping and instea, laughing at his misery. Sehun giggles and crawls away. 

"Jongin, this is not going to work out." Kyungsoo sighs and buries his face in the pillow. "I give up. Sehun is a brat and I'm sure he got it from you." Jongin rolls his eyes and decides to ignore the comment that Kyungsoo made.

"He will talk sooner, hyung." 

"BUT LUHAN SAID HIS FIRST WORD ALREADY AND LUHAN IS YOUNGER THAN SEHUN, GODDAMNIT, JONGIN." 

"By 8 days." Jongin snorts. 

" you, Kim Jongin. This is all your fault. I lost to Baekhyun in this." And again, Jongin decides to let this comment slip.

 

It is dinner time and Sehun is eating his porridge while Kyungsoo and Jongin are enjoying their lasagna. They eat in silence with small conversation being thrown here and there. 

Jongin turns his head to Sehun's direction and sees his son looking at him and Kyungsoo. "Hey, little one. Do you need something?" 

Sehun shakes his head. He knocks his spoon down on the table which surpirsed the both of them. "." Sehun says out loud and claps his hands excitedly, as if he said something good.

He points at Kyungsoo and Jongin before repeating '' again and again. Jongin and Kyungsoo are too dumbfounded to even scold Sehun. 

"Hyung, he finally said his first word." Jongin whispers, not knowing to either be proud or sad.

Kyungsoo nods. "Yeah. And the word was ."

"He's a special baby." Jongin grins at Sehun and pats his head. "You made me proud, Sehun-ah."

A glare is thrown at Jongin and the said male winces in pain as Kyungsoo pinches his thigh. "HOW CAN YOU BE PROUD? IT IS A BAD WORD!"

"Okay okay, I'm sorry!" 

"This is your fault, Jongin. I told you to not cuss infront of Sehun."

Jongin sighs. It will always be his fault in the end but he still loves Kyungsoo.

 

 

"Mama, what's my first word?" A six year old Sehun asks as they are having their lunch. "Luu hyung said his first was ball and it means he will be a successful soccer player when he grows up!"

Kyungsoo looks at Jongin and lets out a sigh before replying to his one and only son. "Your first word was sing and it means you're going to be a singer like me!" 

Sehun grins. "Really, mama?!"

Kyungsoo hums and nods. Jongin, on the other hand, snorts. 

 

1110 words; unbeta-ed