Late

8 Letters, 3 Words, 1 Meaning

                                               Happy New Year! Hope this year would be a great year! Better than the previous ones! Cheers~

 

                                                  

                                                  

 

“Hyung,  I know you are with her.”

“Ke…Kevin? How… no. Why would you.. No. Argh! None of it makes sense now.”

“You wanted to ask why would I call her right?”

“That’s right!”

“Well, EunHae tried to call you last night, but your phone is off. Since she is back, I suppose you would spend most of your time with her.”

“Isit?* switch on his phone, 6 missed call: EunHae.* Oh, sorry I off my phone yesterday and I forget to switch it on. Did anything happen last night?”

“Nope. Not really. Anyway do come back early. We’ve got our last rehearsal to go before the pre show tomorrow.”

“Yea, that’s right. Okay I’ll see you all at the theatre at 3pm later.”

“M… okay bye.”

 

 

“Yong?”

I turned around.

“Who called just now?” she asked drying her hair with the towel.

“Kevin. They can’t find me.”

“They? Is it that girl which I saw in your school theatre? The one playing the gayageum.”  

“You know her?”

“Nope, I don’t. She look like she is quite interested in you.” She smiled turning to her dressing table, combing her hair.”

“Why do you say so?” This time round, I walked towards her.

“In short, she likes you.”

After hearing what she say, I stood rooted to the ground. I smiled to myself. I am quite happy upon hearing this. But at the same time, I feel kind of sad. If Eun Hae really likes me, then what about Kevin?

 

 

“Eun Hae! Hyung would be meeting us straight at the theatre at 3pm later.”

She pops her head out of the kitchen. “Oh? How do you know that?”

“I called him just now.”

“I see. Did he say where he is?”

“Err…he is…”

“With Ji Yeon right?”

“Mmm…”

“Is it really that hard for you to say it out?” she gave a dry laughter.

“I will go and clean myself up first.” I changed the topic.

“Alright. And I will continue making the breakfast.” And she disappears into the kitchen once again.

“Phew…” and I walked into the bathroom.

When we are eating our breakfast, I tried not to talk about what happen yesterday, YongHwa and Ji Yeon. I know she likes him. That’s why even thought I cannot be her boyfriend, but I still can be by her side protecting her… right?

“Is there anything wrong?” she asked looking at me. No wonder she would ask. I am staring at her all this while.

“Nothing. Ahh, I feel so tired and my head hurts.”

“Are you alright? I think you drink the tea first then. It might helped.” She handed me the teacup.

Yes ar! Successfully changed the topic! Woot!”

 

 

Back in the theatre…

“Haix! Where’s he?” Dongho complained, rolling around on the floor.

“He said to meet at 3... It’s already 4.30pm now. He’s never late.” JongHyun commented and tuning his guitar at the same time.

I looked out of the window, trying to find his view somewhere. I took out my phone and as I was about to dialled for him again, I spotted a red sport car. 2 figures are getting out of the car. I tried to figure out who’s the person who had his/her back facing me. As I was about to changed my angle of looking, that person turn. It’s YongHwa. And obviously, the other figure is none other than Ji Yeon. I felt a sudden gush of sadness. My heart felt kind of sour? I have no idea and never had I felt that way before.