(1)

Leaving

You're what?”

I'm sorry, guys. I have to. I'm leaving EXO and SM.”

 

The members of EXO were gathered in the living room of their dorm on a late Saturday night. Vocal and dance practice was over, leaving them to have a relaxing evening. All eyes were fixed on Jongin in a scowl as he simply stared at each member, waiting for them to say anything.

I can't believe you.” spoke Baekhyun after a long period of time. Jongin sighed and slumped back in his chair.

I'm sorry.” replied Jongin.

How could you leave us at a time like this? Do you not realise how upset we all were when Kris left? And how upset we all were when Luhan also decided to leave? Whatever happened to 'We are one'?” said Suho, fighting back tears.

I thought we were a family.” spoke Kyungsoo, his tears freely flowing.

I said I'm sorry. I have to go.”

What about Taemin?” Jongin looked up at Chanyeol and quickly looked down at his hands, his fingers becoming suddenly interesting.

Have you told him yet?”

No, I haven't.”

Why not? He's your best friend. He'll be devastated.”

Because he's the reason I'm going.” Silence fell throughout the EXO dorm, all members being completely confused. Jongin tried to get up and go to his room to pack, but was stopped by Kyungsoo grabbing his wrist and pulling him back into the chair for further interrogation.

Did you two have a bad fight or something? Even so, that's no reason for you to leave.” asked Suho.

No, nothing like that.”

So why are you leaving because of him?” Jongin didn't answer.

Jongin? Why are you leaving?”

You'd hate me if I told you.”

We already hate you for leaving. So tell us.”

Fine. I love him. I know I used to say it to him as a joke all the time, but it's not a joke anymore. I can't ing stand seeing him every day and just wanting him to feel the same way. He's straight. Super straight. And I have no chance. So do me a favour and don't tell him. Now leave me alone, I need to pack. I'm going home.”

 

Jongin quietly tiptoed into the dance practice room, trying not to make himself noticed. He knew no one would be there at such ridiculous hours except for Taemin, who often slept over in the practice room after late night dance sessions. After checking the entire room, he concluded that no one was present, and quickly gathered the few clothes spread out over the practice room floor that he usually left there just in case he had to sleep over.

Jongin? What are you doing?” Jongin quickly kicked his suitcase into the darkness and stood up, seeing a sleepy Taemin standing in the middle of the practice room, his black hair tousled lightly. Jongin guessed that he had woken up in the middle of the night just to come here.

Oh, um, I'm just gathering all of the clothes I keep here. They're getting smelly and I need to wash them.”

Considering you're here, do you want to dance with me?” No, Jongin thought. You are so much better at dancing than me.

Well, my parents are expecting me. I'm visiting them for the night.”

Your parents are expecting you at 2am?”

Yes.”

You've been acting weird lately, Jongin. Are you okay? Is it your waist? Does it hurt?” No, but my heart does.

Oh, no it's fine. I haven't been acting weird. I'll see you later, Tae.”

See you later, dork.” Taemin smirked before pulling Jongin into a quick hug and letting him go.

 

Taemin and the other SHINee members were sat around at SM, eating sandwiches bought from a shop. Jonghyun and Key were arguing about something, but Taemin wasn't listening to their conversation. Onew was too engrossed in his chicken sandwich to even care, and Minho was busy kicking around a football whilst eating his sandwich. Taemin wasn't focused at all, he kept looking over at the gathered EXO members, wondering where Jongin was. Where the hell is he? Taemin thought. He said he was only staying over for the night, and it's 5pm. He got up at made a beeline towards the EXO members, throwing his half eaten sandwich away in the process.

Guys?” The EXO members simultaneously turned their heads to look at him, a sad smile plastered on their faces.

Hey, Taemin. How are you?” Suho asked, trying to avoid the question he knew Taemin was going to ask.

I'm fine. Where is Jongin?” Suho looked at his feet and sighed.

He's gone, Taemin.”

What?”

He filed a lawsuit against SM yesterday. He went home last night. He's leaving.” Taemin said nothing.

We're sorry.”

I'm going to go and talk to him.” Taemin said through gritted teeth. What the hell? Why the hell is he leaving? He's my best friend, he wouldn't just leave and then not tell me. He wouldn't lie to me.

 

Taemin knocked furiously on the front door to Jongin's parents house. He heard the shuffle and mumbling of his mother behind the door, and the opening of a lock. The door swung open, revealing Jongin's mother wearing a flowery dress standing in the doorway.

Ah, hello Taemin. I'm guessing you're here to speak to Jongin.” Taemin saw Jongin in the background moving about, and Jongin looked to see who his mother was talking to. Jongin and Taemin locked eyes, making Jongin turn away and running up the stairs. The slam of a door was heard throughout the house.

Yes, I am.”

Come in, dear.” Taemin stepped through the narrow doorway and immediately headed towards the staircase. “Please try and talk some sense into him. He's always wanted to be an idol, so his leaving doesn't make any sense. You're the only person he'll talk to.”

 

Jongin?” Taemin knocked on the door to Jongin's bedroom and slowly opened it. Jongin was lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling. Taemin edged over towards his bed and sat at the end, making sure not to disturb Jongin.

What do you want?” Jongin spat, not taking his eyes off of the ceiling, as if it was better to look at than Taemin.

I just came t-”

Get out.”

Jongin, I-”

GET OUT, I SAID.” Jongin sat up and pulled Taemin harshly by the wrist, leading him towards the door. Taemin freed himself from Jongin's grip and pushed him back into his room.

Why the did you leave? Everything was going fine. You're my best ing friend, but you just left. You lied to me too. How could you?”

You don't understand, Taemin. Leave me alone.”

Shut up. There was absolutely no reason for you to lea-”

You don't ing understand what it's like to be in love with your best friend. You don't understand what it's like to see them everyday and just want to pull them into a kiss and tell them how I feel. You don't ing understand what you've done to me, Lee Taemin.” Both men fell silent. Jongin got up from the bed and made his way towards the door, but stopped when he heard Taemin mutter something under his breath.

What did you say?”

I do understand. I do understand what it's like.”

 

Taemin was lying on the bed, Jongin hovering above him shirtless as he sloppily kissed the older man beneath him. Taemin's hands were rubbing up and down the younger's abs, and Jongin moaned at the contact. He broke the kiss for much needed air, smirking at Taemin's slightly swollen and bleeding lips. Taemin wiped his mouth with the back of his hand before cirling them lazily around Jongin's neck.

Why did it take me this long to finally tell you I love you?” Jongin said after a period of silence.

Please come back. I love you.”

Will do. But later. We'll busy all night.”

 


(A/N) To be honest i dont even know why i wrote this, im extremely bored and im procrastinating doing my homework. So the obvious choice was to write gay fanfiction instead.