ㅤ ㅤTERMS.

ㅤ{ ❖ㅤCLASSICㅤ;ㅤlayout tutorials.

O1: TERMS;

TERMS.
before even starting out making layouts, you'll have to know a few terms. i'm only going to list the terms that i use in most, or all of my layouts. others, you'll learn overtime, or can
learn at this website. 

first things first, the basic structure for a code would be < tag="fillthis:in; >< / tag > [ *note: there should not be spaces in your code what so ever, unless you're spacing out your tags (the beginning). the only reason i added spacing is due to the fact that if i didn't, it would become an actual code. ] at all times, you must end each tag. a tag is basically the "group" of what you want to customize. like how the p tag is for paragraphs, div is for divided or certain areas, and span is for text. here on aff, it is automated; over time, however, if you decide to make layouts from scratch, you're gonna want to learn where you want your tag to end. this especially applies to the div and the span tag. now, i'm only going to teach you what tags will be useful on aff. you will gradually learn how to do more and more as time goes by.

style : this is what customizes your tag. for example, if you want to create a text box, you'd start it off with the div style tag. most of the time, you would use the style tag. p style, span style and div style are tags that you will see very often.

p : this starts a new paragraph. for me personally, i don't use the p tag so often, unless i want to start a new line. the p style tag is mostly for the new aff, and they will do p style automatically for you, so try to play around with it a bit. with text boxes [ which will possibly be chapter 5/6 ], you cannot use the p tag, but rather the br tag, which is up next. the p tag acts as if you've pressed the enter button.

br : this means line break. this tag acts as a shift + enter. if you've typed up enough assignments and such in your time [ which i definitely have ], you should know that the br tag is pretty much a smaller version of if you use the p tag. this tag is a lot more handy than the p tag, at least on aff. so do use it.

span : this is what you use to decorate your text. for example, < span style="font-size:10px;" > would make my font size 10px. more info will be in a chapter in the near future.

div : this tag is so important for layouts specifically. this pretty much edits a certain 'section'. now, this tag is especially flexible. this is what you would use to create text boxes. this tag will be your go-to-gal sorta thing, and whenever a tag doesn't work for span or p, use it in the div tag. 

img src, alt : now, on aff they automatically add the alt tag for pictures. i will tell you now that if you create layouts from scratch you do not need this. the src tag is what you need most of the time. now, to insert a picture, you would use < img src="image.jpg" > instead. 

to be a bit more helpful, click here to check out a really simple code i made, with all of the tags in them. i will provide more details for each area of coding in future chapters. i hope i was clear enough for chapter one, and i'll see you next time! don't forget to leave comments or questions down below and subscribe! c:

- futility.


live preview / code.