Aegyo Fairytale

Three

 

Once upon a time, in a land known to mankind before, there stood a small kingdom. The first ruler of that kingdom must had a very great sense of art—or had no sense at all—for all the buildings at that kingdom were painted in random order. In all kinds of color: major, bold, neon, pastels, . All kinds of patterns: stripes, polka dots, tartans. In one of the ancient scripts, the reason for this chaotic color festival was jotted down in big bold letters: to brighten the mood of the citizens.

It might work magically for the citizens at that time, but now, the only thing that was brightening when the colors come in vision was an upcoming headache. As a result, people at that kingdom were reluctant to go out of their house. They prefer to stay at home and save the trouble for seeing the bizarre sight outside. The reluctant were nurtured by the wealth that kingdom had. They still could do nothing all day long and had dinner served on their table every night. So, people grew lazy and lazier. They spent their days watching the television. All day long.

The kings were not bothered by the behavior of their people, as long as they still paid their taxes. That kingdom was run peacefully and smoothly. Until King Dongwoon reigned on his throne. He was an ambitious and smart king. Even though he had almost everything, he still not satisfied. He wanted more. He wanted his kingdom to be the best kingdom on earth. And the laziness of his people frustrated him. He needed to do something.

He created areas for farming and breeding. He started logging and mining business. He created markets and kiosk. He built roads and bridges. Now, the people couldn’t blame medium and infrastructure for their laziness. He got rid of the patterns on the wall and order to re-paint all of the buildings in limited colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and purple. When the order was finished, the eyes sore was replaced by exciting colorful sight. One less reason to stay at home and do nothing.

Now, all the King needed to do was parting the people from their television. But how? They love their television so much sometimes they skipped their meals or hold their pees. He kept on thinking and thinking and thinking but he couldn’t get the solution. He tried to cut off the electricity and the reactions he got were too violent he had to escape from his castle to save his life. He limited the shows air time and all he could hear was curses and swear words from his people all day long. He gave up using force and power. He needed to make his people leave their television voluntary.

So, he called the kingdom’s problem solver, the genius Yong Junhyung. The king told him that he would give the genius a cart of gold and a castle at the countryside. Being the greedy man as he was, he quickly accepted the job and worked his off. He with his fellow partner, the reliable Jang Hyunseung, did brainstorming for two weeks, without rest. As expected, they met a dead end. Nothing, he repeated, nothing could make those citizens leave their television.

One the day, the King was visiting his wife, Queen Hana, without any word beforehand. He just waltzed in to her chamber when he saw his wife was playing with his daughter. What he saw that made him lose his balance was not how close they were together but what kind of games they were playing now. They challenged each other how cute they can be. And his wife, his charismatic wife, beat his red-cheeked-and-doe-eyed daughter by pulled out her aegyo. Aegyo. He regretted coming that day and the sight made him wanted to rinse his eyes with pure dews. Ugh, aegyo.

Suddenly: EUREKA!!

Yes! Aegyo!

 

There was a new project in town. It was very classified that even the Queen could not know about it. This project is done by three people alone: King, Genius, and Reliable aka the KGR. It was a rushed project and had to be finished As Soon As Possible. They did this and that, search high and low, toppled and grappled. After three days without television, they finished the blue print. It’s time to do the “Action!” now.

 

==NEW PROJECT==

GOAL: To make the people leave their houses and do some work for themselves

BACKGROUND: My kingdo—ahem—This kingdom has to be the best kingdom ever exist.

ABSTRACT: Bla bla bla … All of the TV shows would be replaced or inserted with aegyos. Lots of aegyos

CONTRIBUTOR:

1.

Name                    : Yang Yoseob

Age                        : 22 years old

Occupation         : Bar singer

Strong points     : Very creative and elusive

Specialty              : 4-hit combo aegyo that will make you wish you never have fingers or toes or eyes at all

2.

Name                    : Jeon Hyosung

Age                        : 22 years old

Occupation         : Newspaper girl

Strong points     : Eye-candy and hard worker

Specialty              : crying motions + pouts = DEATH

SCHEDULE:

This new shows would be on air from 8 o’clock in the morning until 5 o’clock in the evening.

Yang Yoseob will be in charge for Monday and Thursday show meanwhile Jeon Hyosung will be in charge for Tuesday and Friday show. Wednesday is rest day. On Saturday we do social life and on Sunday we laze-off.

Note:

The contributors can do whatever they want and the KGR will provide anything they need for the shows.

 

At the first Monday, seventeen months since King Dongwoon reigned, the TV is all about aegyo.

People still were lazy and doze-off on their bed and couches. They watched their television. Which run with special program, from 8 to 5. Full of A-E-G-Y-O.

 

The king needed to count only to nine before he saw with his own eyes how the people—his stubborn people—running out from their houses, scrunching their fingers and toes and faces.

The farmers took their shovels and started to work the soils with so much passion. The lumberjacks took their axes and cutting down the trees with so much passion. The miners took their pickaxe and swung it with so much passion. The butcher took their knives and chopped the cattle with so much passion. All were eager channeld the rampaging emotions they got for watching aegyos from their TV.

The King celebrated his life (secretly, of course). “ I know it would be a hit! This kingdom will be in glory soon!”

 

So, everyday, Yoseob or Hyosung would be on TV.

Yoseob “Annyeong~~ <3 <3”

Hyosung “Aigoo~~ It’s really hot, right~~~~?”

And the citizens worked harder and more diligent. Anything to put them away from that blasted aegyo.

 

That NEW PROJECT turned out to be very successful. The citizens were working, the economy growth and the King was happy. If these conditions were kept, his dreams for his kingdom would soon be come true. The only problem he got was how his people hate Yang Yoseob and Jeon Hyosung. They would kill them if could. So, the KGR told them to stay inside his castle to make sure their security.

Little did they know that Yoseob and Hyosung hated each other. So much. So much that you could tell that they loathed the fact that they breathe the same air. If they hate it their way, they like to not inhale oxygen as long as the other still breathes it. So, putting them in the same building was disaster.

“What are you doing here?”

“Anything but meeting you, especially at time like this, when my mood is good.”

“Aww, too bad. You just made me re-defined what good means: anything that didn’t made contact with your filthy self.”

“Look who’s talking. Are you sure you in your right state of mind? Wait a minute. Oh! I forgot! You never are!”

“I hope, when you’re old and lonely, living in your poor shack, reminiscing this moment and you’re sorry for being such an to me, I hope you won’t regret so much that you’ll kill yourself.”

“Don’t worry. I won’t. I’ll be old and lonely and poor and contended with myself for not letting my life tangled with yours. Now, please excuse me. I need to be away from you.”

“Same here. Let’s keep it that way.”

 

The hatred soon was surfacing and people around them could start to feel it. But they had to keep it professional and they did their best to keep the people cringing. With some additions from the hatred, somehow they aegyo was more intolerable, and that made the citizen worked harder and harsher. The King couldn’t be happier.

The two Masters of Aegyo were showered with fortune. If the Genius and Reliable were given one cart of gold for just helping the King with his idea, imagine what kind of gift and present the King gave them. Beside that, they were given a condominium to live in with its interior needs and they got to be paid per shift they’ve done. The Masters were lived in bountiful and prosperities. Their lives were smooth, except for that one thing: the other Master.

“Yah, Gummy Girl, get out of my sight. You’re a sore.”

“Well, I’m sorry Flat Nose, but my head will stay here. I got here first.”

“But it’s my spot!”

“Are you eight or something? Stop being so whiny. You sound like a girl.”

“I might be a girl, but what about you? What are you? Are you sure you are something God created? You look so horrible I can’t believe what’s on His mind when he created you. Maybe He was under influence.”

“Laugh all you can, Shorty. Your hand is bigger than your face. He must be making a joke when He created you.”

“Well, He was successful at the ‘joke department’. At least I’m funny. Do you see how depressed the people every Tuesday and Friday? Oh, right, you can’t see them. You’re too busy making a fool out of yourself.”

“Too bad for you, Mister. Every Monday and Thursday, I saw people slitting their wrists. Or throats. Gosh, I hate you.”

“As mush as I agree with you, I couldn’t find better words to describe my feelings for you.”

 

Too bad for them, the King witnessed their bickering scene and forbade them to meet each other at any circumstances. Now Yoseob lived at the west wing of the castle when Hyosung lived at the east section.

The separation made them more focused and prevent them for meeting each other, which could let to another fight. But it brought something more. They got depressed. Without realizing it, they need each other because they the only one that could understand the situation and gave them reviews or feedbacks. They at a loss now.

They tried to keep themselves entertained. Yoseob got into gambling and Hyosung found pleasure in shopping. Yoseob always win big and lose big. Hyosung became a shopaholic. They loved this new activity sometimes they forgot that they actually hated each other. Maybe, just maybe, this new activity was what they do when actually need a bickering company. So, they kept on doing it, since there was no one they could freely insult. More bets, more bills. More coins be tossed, more coins be paid.

Soon, they were deep in debts. They needed extra money. What more they can do beside do what they do the best? Yoseob started to take Hyosung’s shift and Hyosung did the same. So, now, in the TV, not only one, but you got two aegyo sources. What a nightmare.

Was it fun, watching the two of them? Of course not. It meant there was double amount of aegyo you need to endure. But, slowly, the shows were getting interesting. The Masters started to sneer on each other. They put down each other show. They talk bad about each other. They made each other some jokes. They taunted and laughed at each other. Well, everybody love a good drama, right? And soon, the people went back to their seats and watched the two Aegyo Masters fight, abandoning their lawns and gardens and mines and shops and ponds.

The King just got back from visiting another kingdom to search a bride for his troublesome son, Prince Charming Kikwang. The sight of his empty land almost gave him a heart attack. Where are his people? No one is working! Is this the end of the world?! He called his trusted employee, Mr. Yoon Doojoon, to calm him. The Trusted One told him what had happened without any exaggerated details.

“WHAT??!!” Ouch, you won’t wish to see the King angry, especially when he is angry with you.

 

In a blink of an eye, the two Masters were brought to him and face his angers.

“What are you two doing?”

“Have mercy on us, Your Majesty, but this person—“

“No buts!! You will have your peace with each other now, or I’ll put you both to the prisoner.”

“No, Majesty, please no. We’ll do everything, but please not the prisoner.”

 

They were placed in a small room together. The King hoped that they would make a reconcilement. Was the king got his wish? Well, it’s not a fairytale story.

They stood in front of each other with two meters distance. Eyes blazed, palms sweated. The air grew thick and heavy. The temperature was rising. Breaths turned to pants.

“It’s your entire fault!”

“What the hell? You’re the one at fault here, you great git!”

“You and your stupid aegyo!” Yoseob pointed at Hyosung.

“You and your horrible cute speech!” Hyosung pointed back at Yoseob.

“You and your bizarre motions!” Yoseob took one step towards Hyosung.

“You and your failed attempts!” Hyosung took one step towards Yoseob.

“You and your wild gestures!” One step closer.

“You and your dope voice!” One step closer.

“You and that small nose.” Knees to knees.

“You and those deep brown eyes.” Chest to chest.

And the tension exploded.

They were battling lips and tongues. Hands all over each other. Clothed body replaced by exposed skin. Moans and groans reverberated, in harmony with and slapping sounds. Tore undies, glistening sweats, and tight holds. Harsh gasps and wild s.

Ahem, let give them some privacy here.

 

Yoon Doojoon did his best to keep himself from blushing while he was reporting to the King. He eavesdropped an earful information—way too private to be called information—and it took him quite some time to got rid those images that were forming in his mind.

The King groaned hearing his reports. That was not the reconcilement that he anticipated. This is bad! It mean there would be no more aegyo master and his people would go back to their houses, lazing off and stay tuned in front of the television!

“We must break them apart!” The King called his Special Force.

“No!” Queen Hana interrupted. “Let them be! They’re so cute together.”

“But what about our people and the works?”

“Well, find another way, love. I can’t let them be apart.”

“Why?”

“I’m happy when I see them together. I get excitement all through my body and I can’t wait to weave after I see them.”

“My Queen, are you sure?”

“Yes, I’m sure.”

“My King, I think I have an idea.”

 

There was a new project in town. It was very classified that even the Masters could not know about it. This project is done by three people alone: King, Queen, and Trusted One. KGR. It was a rushed project and had to be finished As Soon As Possible. They did this and that, search high and low, toppled and grappled. After a day without television, they finished the blue print. It’s time to do the another “Action!” now.

 

On a new Monday, the King announced that there will be a new regulation. The two Masters would be on a new show, called “From Hate to Love.” The show would be aired everyday at 5 o’clock in the evening until 9 o’clock in the evening. However, the show would only be aired if the people do their works for every single day and met their daily target. No accomplishment means that there would be no show.

And it worked like magic. Everyday the citizens of that kingdom would go to work happily and in the evening, they would sit neatly on their couches and watched the former masters went lovey-dovey with each others. The sweeter the show, the people would go to work more enthusiastically. The people would talk about last night show and the excitement it made make the work went successfully. The King noted that the products his kingdom made with this new show were better and much more than the products from the Aegyo time. So, the King let the New Couple did whatever they want.

And they created History. Do you know that they’re the one that created the word “cliché”? Well, they were the first people that kissed under the rain. They were the first people that picked beach as the best place to date. They were the first that gave each other roses and songs and poems and cakes and gifts and kisses and love. They were the first that said “I Love You” to each other.

The King and Queen and all the citizens were very entertained by their shows every night. The products were overflowed and glorious was in the King grasp. The New Couple continued to be smitten and sappy and went lovey-dovey all day long.

That was how they cutely live with aegyos ever after.