Of Rings and Hair-Pullings

Of Rings and Hair-Pullings

 

Chanyeol grew up with a big sister who would always hog on t.v. time to watch her girly shows and movies. So as a kid, Chanyeol grew up with fairytales of Cinderella and Snow White rather than having a manly childhood like growing up with Tom and Jerry or even Ed, Edd n’ Eddy. As much as he hated not getting to watch the shows his friends would, Chanyeol would watch his sister’s choice with awe.

He would watch in fascination the love and fairytales displayed at weddings. The beautiful bride in white walking down the aisle in a church, making her way to her Prince Charming, who was standing tall and dashing in black…There was just something that made Chanyeol feel warm and fluttery when he would see weddings.

And it was from a tender age, Chanyeol began to make a list of things he would want in his own wedding.

 

Elegant entrance

Wedding in a Church

Violins and Classical Music being played

A 4 tier white cake decorated beautifully with burnish egg and crème.

Matching Bridesmaid and Groomsmen

Marrying his one true love

 

Over the years Chanyeol came up with this list, he put in a lot of thought and as time passed by the list would change according to what he would think was ideal for him, what he would think was perfect.

He wanted a wedding that was shown on television and he wanted to experience it. He wanted to listen to heart-warming vows. He wanted to look into his lover’s eyes lovingly.

He wanted to feel those butterflies in the most perfect manner.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol grew up and he noticed that his ual orientation wasn’t the norm and he, in fact, liked men. The thought scared him, not because he would be an outcast, not because he would have to face homophobes, oh no…nothing like that.

It was just…there is always a girl in the weddings he saw. His mind couldn’t really picture a man walking down the aisle, or even worse, himself walking down the aisle.

His fantasy would be ruined he was gay.

“You are thinking too much about it.” His best friend scoffed when he voiced his worries.

“No Baek, you don’t get it. There never has been a happy ending fairytale with two men in them.” Chanyeol argued while groaning in his hands.

“Well then make your own gay happy ending fairytale.” Baekhyun responded. “And why are we even talking about this now? You are not even getting married, Yeol. Heck, you don’t even have a boyfriend, so why on earth are you even thinking about weddings?”

“You know what…screw you. You don’t understand what I am going through. No one does. Let me cry in a dark hole because no one cares.” Chanyeol groaned again.

 

 

 

 

It was towards the end of university Chanyeol actually met someone. All this time, he had been herding himself away from any potential person, but for unknown reasons (Chanyeol wants to call it the magical love at first sight) Chanyeol decided to go with the mind of his heart.

The stranger was tall and dashing, kind of like the ones they showed in the movies, and it was truly his looks and stature that caught Chanyeol’s eye. Being tall himself, he decided he wanted a lover taller than him and this stranger had passed the first criteria.

The stranger would enter his class and go sit right at the back, unlike Chanyeol who would preferred the coziness of the middle. The seating arrangement between them was really disadvantageous to Chanyeol, of course it would look weird to turn around and watch his stranger, so the next time he decided he would sit at the back as well.

 

It was only a few days later they exchanged their first words.

 

“Hey, I forgot my book. Is it okay if I can share with you?” Chanyeol was mesmerized by the deepness of the stranger’s voice.

“Uhh…yeah sure.” Chanyeol pinked a bit and slightly pushed his book in between them.

And things soon picked up from there.

 

 

 

 

Kris, now Chanyeol’s boyfriend, was the least romantic person. Chanyeol frowned at that thought, but he really loved his boyfriend. After graduating from university, Chanyeol worked in the finance department at a reputable company and Kris took up the family business; it was only later Chanyeol found that his boyfriend was an heir, how princely of Kris.

Their relationship had been going steady for 4 years now and there was nothing more Chanyeol wanted between them, except his fantasy wedding (which he managed to make slight adjustments to his list because he really loved Kris).

“So, how was your week?” Kris asked as the two cuddled on the couch watching a Disney Movie (at Chanyeol’s insistence).

“It was okay. Really tiring.” He mumbled and snuggled in closer to Kris’ warmth. “Yours?” The sleep was slowing catching up to the tired giant, but he felt the need to ask the other about his week as well.

Because of their busy schedules, the two had little time to spend with the other. It was during the weekend, Kris would invite Chanyeol over to his house (well the inviting part was long over, it had become routine for Chanyeol now) and they would spend the two days with each other trying to make up for the lost time during the week.

“Just sleep baby.” Kris pressed a kiss on Chanyeol’s forehead.

“Goodnight Kris.” Chanyeol puckered his lips, silently demanding a kiss, and the cuteness made Kris laugh.

“Goodnight Chanyeol.” Kris pressed his finger on his lips instead, making Chanyeol grumpily open his eyes and hit him on the shoulder.

How unromantic.

 

 

 

It wasn’t only that, Kris would so become stupid at times it would make Chanyeol ashamed. Who would have thought that the rich CEO was actually a kid in disguise.

“What do you think?” Chanyeol stared in horror as Kris walked up to him wearing  lime green jeans, a leopard print shirt, with a sequined scarf wrapped around his neck and wearing crocs.

Chanyeol looked around, wanting to leave the amusement park right now. He didn’t know this person and he wanted to run away.

But seriously, what on earth was Kris wearing on their date?

Was Kris insane?

“You have 2 minutes to get out of that and wearing proper clothes.” Chanyeol hissed.

“I am wearing proper clothes. It’s not like I am running around .” Kris joked but it soon died when his eyes met Chanyeol deathly ones and quietly he went to the restroom and changed into a simple jeans and a T-shirt.

 

The other time Kris started singing to him in the subway. Why? Chanyeol didn’t know, but Chanyeol did run away from Kris because he was an embarrassment.

Also the time when they were to an Indian restaurant, and then Kris had the random urge to have jajangmyeon. It was beyond comprehension. The waiter gave Chanyeol a weird, a look that Chanyeol could never erase from his mind.

But seriously, what was Kris thinking?

 

A mixture of Kris’ unromantic nature and his stupidity was something beyond Chanyeol’s patience.

Because seriously? HOW COULD KRIS PROPOSE TO HIM LIKE THAT?

Chanyeol really didn’t know how deal with it.

Like really. Propose to him while he was washing the dishes, really romantic Kris. Real romantic. Chanyeol wanted to pull his hair off, but the fact that Kris was asking for his hand kinda overpowered the fact that Chanyeol was really mad.

Chanyeol did give him the cold shoulder, not to forget how he showed off his ring to everyone behind Kris’ back, it only took a few words from Kris to make his lover come back to normal.

“You can be in charge of our wedding.”

 

And that one sentence made Chanyeol spring back to in his excitement infused state.  

 

 

 

 

Elegant entrance

Wedding in a Church

Violins and Classical Music being played

A 4 tier white cake decorated beautifully with burnish egg and crème.

Matching Bridesmaid and Groomsmen

Marrying his one true love

 

Chanyeol glanced over his list that he made over the years and he sighed dejectedly. So much for planning their wedding.

Chanyeol really just wanted to cry.

But he couldn’t, because it was his wedding. But that didn’t mean he had love whatever happened today so far.

Kris managed to ruin EVERY SINGLE THING from his list.

 

 

 

 

Elegant entrance

 

“I want to enter in a limo.” Chanyeol told them as they were cuddling on the couch while watching something useless on t.v.

“Anything you want darling.” Kris nuzzled into his lover’s neck, which earned him a few giggles.

 

“Yeol, I was thinking that maybe we should discard the limo idea.” Kris spoke a few days later as he wrapped his hands around the other’s waist.

“Why?” Chanyeol stiffened in shock. He turned to face Kris, who simply wore a serene smiling facing.

“Because…” Kris held Chanyeol’s face in his hands and leaned to give him a quick peck before continuing. “I think it would be more fairytale like if we entered in a carriage.” He grinned. “What do you think?” He pulled his lover into a warm, cuddly hug.

Chanyeol thought about it was he wrapped his arms around the older’s body. It seemed like good idea, and heck it definitely sounded like a fairytale. How didn’t he think of it himself?

“I like it.” Chanyeol smiled with finality. “Can you arrange that though? I have a lot on my hands.” Chanyeol whined cutely as he pulled away.

“Of course.”

Another peck.

 

 

“KRIS YOU IDIOT! I HATE YOU! I HATE THIS! I HATE EVERYTHING!!!!” Chanyeol threw a tantrum.

Yes entering in a carriage was real fairytale, but he hated…no despised the fact that reality just HAD to hit him in the face, or well in this instance, hit him on his new shoes imported from Italy.

Kris just couldn’t stop laughing, and whatever made Chanyeol angry, simply infuriated him even more.

“Why is this happening to me?” Chanyeol started crying.

No really, who wouldn’t cry, the horse just shat on your wedding shoes on your wedding day.

Who wouldn’t?

 

Exactly.

 

“We could have just come in a limo. I don’t know why I agree to this. The wedding is ruined now.” Chanyeol cried even more.

“Oh baby, nothing has been ruined.” Kris let out a chuckle before comforting his lover in an embrace. “You can just wash it off. Or we can buy new shoes.”

“Now? The wedding starts in an hour.” Chanyeol screeched.

“I think an hour is enough. No?”

“NO!” Chanyeol shouted at him, ignoring the looks he got from the family and friends (mind you, who were also laughing the horse’s courage and actions).

“Okay then. Just wash it off. It will be alright. There is still a lot more left.” Kris smiled as he led them away into a park.

 

 

 

 

 

Wedding in a Church

 

Yes, Chanyeol was getting married in a park. A goddamn park. Yes, a park. A park with trees and grass and occasional beds of flowers. That park.

Chanyeol really wanted to cry. His shoes have been messed up, he didn’t get his ideal place to host their wedding, so Chanyeol had to settle for a park.

STUPID PARK!!!!

He hated how whipped he was, because once again he let Kris sway him away from his dreams with his sweet talks and warm kisses.

 

 

“Baby you know how we are getting a carriage?” Kris started over lunch at a restaurant. Chanyeol was too busy playing with Kris’ feet while sipping his drink waiting for the food.

“Yeah?” Chanyeol stopped.

“I was thinking that if we are getting a carriage, wouldn’t it be too much in a church? I mean the horse-”

“What are you trying to say Kris?” Chanyeol frowned.

“All I am saying, that wouldn’t it be nicer to get married in the open? Rather than a stuffy place?”

“Kris! Come on. You know how I feel about this.” Chanyeol argued.

“And you also know how I feel about closed spaces.” Kris sadly looked in Chanyeol’s eyes, silently pleading to change their venue.

“Fine.” Chanyeol gave in. He knew how his boyfriend reacted to closed places. The restaurant they had chosen had to be an open restaurant. Basically Kris needs to feel the wind blow through his hair for him to feel comfortable.

“But what does that have to do with a horse?” Chanyeol furrowed his brows in confusion.

“Actually…to be honest?” Kris grinned sheepishly. “Nothing at all.” He let out a chuckle, which was cut short when Chanyeol kicked him in the shins.

 

So here they were, in a park, after getting his shoes stained with horse dung. And yeah brilliant.

Well not really.

He walked in and was horrified at the music that was being played. He snapped his head towards Kris, only to find that he was enjoying himself dancing with his friends.

 

 

 

 

Violins and Classical Music being played

 

“You are playing ‘Oppa Gangnam Style’ on our wedding?” Chanyeol screeched in horror. Whatever happened to the CD of Classical music he gave to the DJ?

“Yeah, I am not sure what happened. But I think these dorks did it.” He pointed at his friends who were laughing in a fun induced craze. “But come on baby. Let’s have some fun! It is our wedding, not a boring financial meeting.” Kris grinned as he pulled Chanyeol into the dancing crowd.

The song changed to Bubble Pop and Chanyeol just really wanted to kill himself when he saw his to-be husband shaking his and popping his chest, copying Hyuna’s dance moves.

But then again, all of his friends were doing the same thing, so it wasn’t bad.

No, it was bad. They weren’t getting married, Kris was.

The music changed to I Got A Boy.

“Oh come Yeollie! This is your song!!!” Kris pulled him closer and started loosening him up, but Chanyeol wouldn’t. He simply wouldn’t.

Instead he glared at Kris and the glare might have broken Kris.

“Okay okay, I will go back to the DJ and when you put your CD back. Okay?” Kris pecked Chanyeol’s cheek and walked towards the DJ.

Chanyeol ran his gaze over the food section, while Kris spoke to the DJ.

His eyes froze at one spot, and god…Could –Kris, stupid being- so….ARGHH!!!!

 

 

 

 

A 4 tier white cake decorated beautifully with burnish egg and crème.

 

Next to his ideal cake sat a disgusting looking thing.

The music changed to what Chanyeol wanted, he hadn’t really noticed, he was still glaring at the hideous thing.

“What is this?” Chanyeol asked when he felt Kris approach him.

“What that?” Kris pointed.

“Yes.” Chanyeol growled.

“Well, I wanted a cake to be something that would be us. I know how you fantasized about having the 4 tier cake and what not, which we did get but yeah…come closer and look what it is.”

Chanyeol reluctantly walked closer to the cake only to see that it was a cake of the book they first shared.

“You…you remember?” Chanyeol’s eyes were b with tears. He felt so warm and happy and…

“I do. How can I ever forget?” Kris smiled warmly as he laced their fingers together. “I have a confession though.” Kris said. “I had my book that day. I-… I just needed an excuse.” He scratched the back of his neck shyly, making Chanyeol laugh a little.

“This is sweet.” Chanyeol looked back to the hideously cute cake. “But it is hideous. Couldn’t you have done a better job?”

Actually…” Kris grinned mischievously. “I remember you saying you loved your friend’s, Kyungsoo’s, cakes. I had him make it for us. If you hate, go hate on your friend.” Kris grinned.

“WATCH OUT!”

And Kris instinctively pulled Chanyeol away.

They both looked at what happened in horror.

Someone…kinda…ran into Chanyeol’s cake.                                 

And it was none of that Kris’ friend, Chen.

 

 

 

 

Matching Bridesmaid and Groomsmen

 

Chanyeol was so close. He was soooooo close into bursting out into tears.

What was Chen even doing for him to fall on HIS CAKE, his FOUR TIER WHITE CAKE DECORATED WITH BURNISH EGG AND CRÈME….what was he thinking?

“It’s okay Chanyeol, please don’t cry. It is just a cake.” He felt Kris spoke soothingly as he bit his lip to stop himself from crying.

“Chen you are an idiot!” Kris shouted at his friend. “What on earth where you thinking crashing in our cake like that?”

“Dude, a dog just chased after me from nowhere.” Chen stood up, wiping the icing off him.

“What? Where did the dog come from?” Chanyeol said, his voice breaking from everything was being ruined.

“I don’t know. It’s a park maybe? But don’t worry. Your buddy Kai got it in control. Who knew he was so good with dogs?” Chen chuckled. “But hey, you still have another cake, so nothing is spoilt.”

“It’s all spoilt! This whole wedding is spoilt!” Chanyeol started crying as he decided to screw up and sit on the grass.

“Chanyeol, let’s not do this, please? It’s time for the wedding, let’s go.” Kris gently lifted Chanyeol up. They shared a quick kiss before they parted.

Kris had to wait for him and Chanyeol to walk down the aisle with his older sister, Yura (for some stupid reason, against Chanyeol’s wishes, his sister wanted to walk him and their father let her, what a weird family).

Chanyeol took a deep breath to calm himself down.

“Chanyeol, it’s okay. Don’t be upset.” Yura spoke to him calmly. “You have grown much, you are such a big boy, but too bad you will always be that annoying, whining brother who wanted to watch Tom n’ Jerry instead Cinderella with me.” Yura messed his hair up.

“Noona…” Chanyeol whined before fixing his hair.

“Come on, let’s go.”

 

Chanyeol walked down the aisle, at least this time the right music was being played.

His eyes travelled over his family and friends who were seated, smiling at Chanyeol warmly.

Then they went onto his bridesmaids and groomsmen.

Which apparently were called Honor Attendants, it was something new Chanyeol learnt. He knew he would have to give the fantasy of having bridesmaids and groomsmen.

Even if he had to give it up, he wished that at least they would match.

Chen was still covered in a bit of icing, Kai was covered in a dog hair and looked like he just came from the worst battle of his life. Baekhyun decided to wear navy blue for some odd reason, but Chanyeol specifically told him dark grey. Sehun’s hair was dyed rainbow colors. Tao was wearing sunglasses. Lay looked sleepy. Luhan looked like a kid high on drugs (it was probably sugar, everyone knows that). The only people who looked decent were Suho, Kyungsoo and Xiumin. And wasn’t he glad to see that.

Since everything was wrecked anyways, Chanyeol decided to stop thinking about the mismatched Honour Attendants and decided to focus on the man he was marrying instead.

 

 

 

 

Marrying his one true love

 

And that was the only thing Kris managed to get right from his list.

Chanyeol was marrying his love, and it was the best feeling. Walking down the aisle, having to ignore everything that went wrong could be difficult had it not been for Kris’ smile that was being flashed warmly at Chanyeol.

He was marrying his love.

He only read about this in the book, he only watched it with his sister. The feeling of his heart jumping out of him, the feeling of everything being faded away and his gaze was only on Kris, jittering feeling in his stomach, the warm feeling in his chest…

Nothing was more precious than this moment and no book, or movie, could truthfully describe how this feeling actually was.

“Take care of our Chanyeol.” His sister spoke up, breaking Chanyeol’s thoughts, he realized he already reached the end of the aisle and he was pulled up with taking Kris’ hand.

The ceremony began, and the two looked at each earnestly.

Kris was so handsome, so gorgeous, so amazing.

Chanyeol indeed was the luckiest person on this person to get such an amazing person like him in his life.

 

“I do.” Kris spoke up.

“I do.” Chanyeol repeated.

 

And no time was being wasted when they could kiss their spouse, and damn…did Kris kiss the heck out of Chanyeol in front of everyone.

 

And despite the fact that his whole wedding was ruined, this single moment made it all up for Chanyeol.

 


 

 

MASTERLIST