Edited!Prologue

Yesterday's Memories

A/N: Hello, I edited the Prologue. I hope you could re-read this. Thank you so much.

 

He wakes up to blinding light, whiteness from all sides. As his senses clear, he notices the constant beeping of machines, the smell of medicine, and the wires tucked into his arms. Along with the wires that pump some liquid into his body are bandages. He realizes he can’t move his legs when he tries to. When he looks down at them, he sees them encased in bandages. In a field of white – white walls, white ceiling, white curtains, white bed and blanket, white-tiled floor – he sees a bunch of flowers of different colors accompanied by notes atop a white table across his bed.

Someone from outside the room comes in. That momentary flood of noise from outside when the person opens the door deafens the silence the boy has been accustomed to even for a while. The person closes the door behind him along with the sounds of footsteps, wheels, and people conversing. He expresses a smile when he notices the boy looking at him and steps toward his bed. He wears a white coat that reaches his knees over his white scrubs. A pair of spectacles dangles at his scrub top. He clasps his hands behind him as he continues to walk toward the boy.

“I see that you’re awake now. My name’s Dr. Kim,” he says when he stops by the side of the bed, then reaches for the boy’s hand but he ignores him.

The young lad looks at the end of the room and stares at total blankness, like his thoughts, as blank as the skies on a stormy night. He tries to remember what happened, but the memories he grasps at are too vague to give him answers.

“How are you feeling, Mr. Do?” the doctor asks as he replaces his hand behind him.

Clueless, he wants to answer, but, again, ignores the doctor’s questions and asks a different question. “How long was I out?”

The doctor gazes at the spot across the room where the boy is staring at. “About five days.”

Five days. He has no idea what could have happened in that time. Time is too short for a person with no memories.

The doctor continues, “Your legs were injured during the accident, so you won’t be able to walk until they recover. Your wounds, though, are healing quite fast. As for your head, it’s still too soon to make assumptions, but from the tests we’ve done, your brain have incurred some damage so we still have to get you under a surgery, but it’s nothing serious to be worried about.”

“I was in an accident?” the boy asks, finally looking up to meet the doctor’s eyes.

The doctor stares at him with a confused expression. “You don’t…” he falters, brushes his thoughts away, and scribbles something down on his clipboard. “You were in a car accident five days ago, together with your friend. Sadly, he”—he pauses and takes a deep breath—“Unfortunately, he died.”

The boy didn’t know what to feel. He knows he’s supposed to feel sad, sorry, angry at the world, but those emotions are far away from his grasp along with his memories. His emotions are too limited for someone he doesn’t remember.

“Just rest, Do Kyungsoo. You’ll be released after some time. I’ll take my leave,” the doctor excuses himself and starts to walk back toward the door.

Kyungsoo, the boy repeats the name over and over on his mind until it etches itself onto his brain. His name is Do Kyungsoo. He was in an accident with his friend that led to his friend’s death. His friend… When Dr. Kim reached the door, Kyungsoo stops him and asks, “What’s his name?”

The doctor turns to look back at him, and, with a grim expression, says, “Park Chanyeol.”

 

A/N: The rest of the story won't be posted until I've finished the entire story. I've already written the first chapter and is in the process of making the second one. There would be five chapters (or so I plan, as of the moment), excluding the prologue. Thank you so much for reading.