FINAL

Real daddy

 

 

Sehun really wanted to give up. If he could just drop the bags he was holding and run away from the mall to go back to his beauty sleep, he would. But he could not do that because he is not a terrible human being who leaves his boyfriend and his pet while they shop for pet clothes.

 

“Is this clip cute enough?” Zitao, Sehun’s boyfriend and the person who Sehun wanted to throw in the Bermuda triangle (not really) so that he could live peacefully again, asked. They were walking around the mall for three hours already to find proper outfits for Candy, Zitao’s pet Maltese.

 

Sehun grunted and rolled his eyes dramatically, his signature moves when he is pissed or in the state where he could murder you when you get in his way, to emphasize how he was so done. It did not faze Zitao, though. “How many clips have you purchased? There are about trillion different clips in this ing bag.” Sehun gestured on one of the 16 paper bags he was holding in his two hands. Zitao was only holding Candy on his right hand and a shopping basket on the left. Sehun would also like to point out that he paid for all of it.

 

Zitao ignored his remark and continued surveying the aisle full of clips and accessories for animals. It was the seventh pet store they went to. “Polka dots will look cute on Candy.” He put the clip in the basket then went on checking out on dog shoes.

 

Maybe it was his fault when he told Zitao that he saw an announcement near his workplace that there would be a pet pageant in their town. Sehun was on his way home to their shared apartment when he stepped on a flier and immediately thought of Candy. Now, he regretted picking that ing flier up and giving it to Zitao because he had been living in hell for a week after that.

 

Sehun did not have a problem when Zitao told him that he wanted to adopt a pet. They had been living together for three years so maybe having another living creature in their apartment would not be that bad. A pet could also make Zitao relax a bit. He was stressing over his masteral studies for the past few months.

 

It was nice seeing Zitao playing with Candy in the living room instead of burying himself in books. He was smiling a lot again and started being the cheerful person Sehun had met in college. Before Candy came, Zitao would not prepare dinner for them. Sehun had to buy food before he go home. But because Candy has to eat on time, Zitao also prepares food so that the three of them would be eating together.

 

Although Sehun likes Candy (because he really does), he did not expect Zitao to be the extreme smothering parent to their pet. Sehun likes to spend his weekend afternoon playing League of Legends with Jongin instead of allowing Zitao to be a slave driver by dragging him to every damn store in the mall. He would also like it if Zitao would not be so picky for a bow and take 20 minutes before he decides. Moreover, he would prefer if Zitao would stop calling himself daddy because it gives Sehun the creeps.

 

After two more agonizing hours in the mall and three paper bags later, they decided to call it a day. Sehun was so exhausted that it did not matter to him if Zitao was making Candy try all the dresses that he bought for her. On their bed. Where Sehun was currently trying to have his much awaited nap.

 

“Daddy is going to put you these little shoes now.” Sehun heard Zitao saying. Though his face was buried in the pillows, he could clearly hear what Zitao and Candy were doing. He also heard Zitao’s camera phone clicking. Yeah, of course he would take photos and videos of the new items he bought because that is how he rolls.

 

“Candy, do you want to show Daddy Sehun how you look?”

 

OH NO. PLEASE, SPARE ME.

 

Zitao was shaking Sehun to wake up and look at the masterpiece he did to Candy. Instead of turning around, Sehun covered his face with another pillow as if telling Zitao he does not give a . Sehun was sure that the dress was either the leopard print or the red furry one. He knew Zitao very well and he had already seen all the stuff they purchase. It was not like Candy did not try them on while they were in the shop.

 

“Hey! I know you are not asleep!” Zitao yelled, slapping Sehun on his thigh.

 

“I know she looks cute. Now, leave me alone. I wanna sleep.” Sehun dismissed.

 

He thought Zitao would not bother him anymore when he felt that the bed shook and heard the shuffling. He sensed that Zitao took Candy back to her crib in the living room. He was relieved that he could finally take his weekend back. Maybe he could also call up Jongin to re-schedule their game time.

 

After a few minutes, he heard footsteps. Zitao was coming back to the room. “Sehunnie, come on, look at our baby.” Zitao tossed the pillow away so that he could whisper in Sehun’s ears. His voice was raspy and Sehun could feel his breath on his neck.

 

Sehun was on fight mode at this point. He was going to fight for his right to sleep and his freedom from dogs for a day. “ZITAO PLEASE.” He sat up to face his boyfriend. He was expecting to see Candy with him but Zitao was alone and oh, he was shirtless. And OH, Sehun gasped.

 

“Do you really hate Candy that much?” Zitao showed his puppiest puppy eyes and Sehun thought it did not go with his toned arms and chest because his puppy eyes were so cute and it melt his heart. On the other hand, he could not just ignore how Zitao’s chest looks so damn good and his packed abs were screaming to be and Sehun was salivating. BUT HIS PUPPY EYES THOUGH. Sehun was so confused.

 

Sehun shook his head. “No, I do not hate her. I love her. But I just….” He really did not know what to say. He was just so tired all day and Zitao has not even addressed that. Sometimes he misses how Zitao cares for him, as well.

 

“She needs her daddies’ support in the pageant and-“

 

“OH MY GOD STOP CALLING YOURSELF HER DADDY.” Sehun exclaimed. Maybe that was his issue. It was just the daddy thing. Or maybe not.

 

“What is wrong with that?”

 

“Everything??????”

 

Sehun cringes whenever he hears “daddy”. It felt so wrong in many different levels and he really wished to the high heavens that Zitao would realize it. Please insert Sehun having goosebumps here. He also prayed that Zitao would consider wearing a shirt because he was so distracted already.

 

Zitao threw his hands in the air in frustration. “What do you want me to do?!” Zitao asked. Sehun marveled on how his muscles flexed and have I mentioned how he really loves seeing Zitao’s armpit hair? It was really unfair of him to be not wearing clothes.

 

“Kiss me?” Sehun blurted out. He could not stop himself anymore.

 

“What?”

 

Maybe Candy was not the real problem. Maybe Sehun was just jealous because he was craving for Zitao’s attention for god knows how long because of his studies and then Candy came and he has to share Zitao with her, too. Maybe he was just really frustrated because Zitao wakes up in the morning to feed Candy, not because he wanted to see Sehun before he leaves for work. Maybe he misses the feeling when Zitao’s only baby was him.

 

Without giving any warning, Sehun leaned in and kissed Zitao. No tongue or moving. It was just their lips connected to each other and Sehun was already satisfied with that. It could be better if they engaged in a tongue battle but he likes this. He likes how Zitao was blushing when he backed away, cheeks and ears so red. He could not even look at Sehun directly.

 

“I miss you. That is all I really wanted to say.”  Sehun smiled. He was not sure why his chest was thumping with the sight of Zitao being embarrassed.

 

“I am sorry I was not a boyfriend that much lately.” Zitao looked down on their linked fingers.

 

“It is okay.” Sehun assured, brushing Zitao’s cheek with his thumb. “Just call me daddy too, some time.”

 

Zitao’s cheeks got redder.  Sehun mentally patted himself for a job well done, believing he is the real daddy in the house. And yes, he thought he figured what his real problem was.

 

###