One

Sanctuary

Soo-Rin noticed the sky darkening but didn't pay much attention to it going back to studying for her exam.

HOURS LATER

Thunder suddenly crackled loudly. Soo Rin jumped in her seat, dropping her fuzzy purple pen on the floor. As she reached down to grab it roar of thunder echoed in the sky mocking her sensitivity to it. "Ugh of course there's a thunder storm! I'm such a dummy! How could I not notice this earlier?!" She thought. Soo-Rin forgot about the pen and hugged her bag to her chest. "Find my happy place, find my happy place." she repeated over and over in her mind. She snuck a peak outside. It was really dark there were no longer traces of the sun in the sky. Soo-Rin's heart was pounding frantically against her chest. Her mind going back to the reason she was afraid of thunder storms.

*Flashback to a five year old Soo-Rin in an empty playground alone under a slide. She's clutching onto her teddy bear crying in the middle of a thunderstorm.*

CRACKLE! The thunder brought Soo-Rin back to reality. She needed to get away from the window, find a place where she could feel safe. Her mind went briefly to Mr. Cuddles, her teddy bear. Ever since she was little he had been her refuge. "Should I just go home?" She thought nervously bitting her lip. Just then the loudest crackle of thunder erupted taking the power in the library with it and sent Soo-Rin sprinting across the library in the dark running into chairs here and there until she hit something squishy making her fall to the floor. 

"Are you okay?" A voice sounded. Soo-Rin blinked sevral times until the face hovering above her came into focus. 

"Woah, the angels in heaven are so handsome." She thought. The angel was wearing a white sweater and a white snap back which made his black hair stand out. Soo-Rin's moment of awe was cut short when thunder erupted loudly again making her scream.

"Shhh hey it's okay." he tried to calm her down but she couldn't find herself to open her eyes. "Hey do you trust me?" He asked.

"How can I trust you when I don't know you?" She thought.

"Here, just trust me okay?"

She nodded still unable to open her eyes. Another crack of thunder made Soo-Rin hug her knees. She began wondering how long this storm was going to last when she felt herself get scooped off the ground. Her eyes shot open immediatly realizing that the angel was carrying her bridal style somewhere. Normally Soo-Rin would have freaked out, but she felt safe in the arms of the angel.

"Hey, it's alright you can open your eyes now." His voice cooed. Soo-Rin could no longer hear thunder and was curious of where he had taken her.

"Alright, time to stop bieng a baby! 1-2...3!" she opened her eyes. They were in a room full of pillows and books all around them. Soo-Rin realized the angel really wasn't an angel just a very good-looking guy. Yet he had saved her so he was an angel right? She admired his smooth skin and kind almond shaped eyes.

"What's your name?" He asked after setting up pillows against the wall. 

"Soo-Rin" she replied shyly.

"Well Soo-Rin it's nice to officially meet you. My name is Byun Baekhyun but you can just call me Baekhyun." He smiled.

"...and when you smile the whole world stops and stares for a while, cause you're amazing just the way you are." The song popped up in her mind because it fit him so perfectly. His smile-everything about him was perfect.

"Thank you for saving me. I don't know if I would have made it out of there alive if it wasn't for you."

"Oh it was nothing." He smiled again.

"You know I thought I had died and you were an angel" she confessed.

"What? Really? Wow. Well I guess I am good looking." He looked at her. They laughed.

"Modest are we?" 

"Sure if it makes you feel better." Soo-Rin gulped and felt herself blush. It was a good thing Baekhyun had gotten up to make hot chocolate for them or else he would have seen it. When he came back they drank their hot-chocolates and shared a blanket talking about her trauma. 

"You know while you were carrying me I knew I could trust you because you felt safe."

"Well I was on my way here when I saw you but the light went out and then I guess you found me." He chuckled. "When I realized how scared you were I wanted to share my sanctuary with you." He gestured to the books.

"This can be your sanctuary but I think you have become mine" Soo-Rin realized.

"Can we stay for a while longer?" She asked.

"Yeah, we can stay as long as you want."


Author's Note: Thank you for reading my first story and one-shot! How was it? Please leave comments for me! I'm so glad to finally publish my story with Mr. Baekhyun as the lead! He is so amazing and (if you haven't realized) my ultimate bias! I shall leave you with photos of his amazing smile^^  -Jujusuu