My Family

My Family - Jin

Grey clouds covered the beautiful blue sky that was visible just a few hours earlier. With the daylight fading behind the darkening clouds, you closed Kin’s white door so that he could take his nap peacefully. Walking through your house, you a few lights before you sat down on the couch and pulled out your book that you had been trying to get through for a few weeks now.

The soft pattering of rain started to quietly tap against the window, lifting your eyes at the new sound that you heard, you smiled seeing the few droplets on the window before you leaned back into the couch. Bringing your knees up, you rested the spine of the book between your legs while your eyes gently read the printed words.

Hours started to tick by as the rain got heavier and the clouds settled lower, covering up the tops of the buildings. With Kin still sleeping and you turning over the back cover of your now finished book, you let out a sigh of relief as a sense of accomplishment and pride started to swell within your chest. Pushing yourself upwards, you swung your legs over the edge of the couch, standing upright on your legs, you carried your finished book over to the built in shelves on either side of the tv while the clicking of the front door caught your attention.

Pushing the book back into its rightful place on the shelf, you heard the door click closed as the lock slid into it’s place. Thinking that it was your husband, Jin, you smiled to yourself as your fingertips gently ran down the spine of the book, rolling over the silver words the lined the plain spine.

Right when you were about to turn around and greet Jin with a smile, you felt a hand down from your shoulder to your wrist. Looking at the large hand that ran over your arm, an eery feeling started to overwhelm you. Turning your head to see who was standing behind you at the same time you retracted your hand from the book on the shelf before the strong hand tightened his fingers around your wrist and pulled your hand down to your side. Feeling his other hand wrap around your other wrist you snapped your head around, whipping him with your hair that was in a ponytail.

A hiss came from his lips as his head was turned away from yours to try and avoid your hair that whipped across his face, his eyes were closed behind the black ski mask that only had holes for the eyes. Lifting his eyes, he slowly opened his eyes as his pupils contracted and stared into your eyes. Widening your eyes, you could tell that this wasn’t anyone that you recognized and it was not your husband.

"W-W-Who are you?" You stuttered out, your voice was quieted with fear as your eyes tried to take in any detail that you could.

"Don’t talk" He demanded before you watched his eyes move around you, seeing his cheekbones rise under the black mask, he chuckled a little. Shuffling both wrists into one hand, he held them tightly and brought them towards him. He moved your body towards his before you looked away.

"Don’t look away from me" He whispered evilly in your ear, "Especially with a girl who is as beautiful as you" He snarled quietly, bringing his lips closer to your ear.

"I will call my husband and the cops if you touch me" You threatened as your voice started to shake a little from the situation.

"Will you?" He questioned before you felt him press his body against your back, closing your eyes, you wished for Jin to come home as quickly as he can.

Twisting your arms just so, you opened your mouth letting out a silent scream of pain, while you tried to stay as quiet as you could for Kin’s sake.

"Come with me" He whispered against your ear, his warm breath moving over the shell of your ear. Without giving you a choice, he pushed you into the bedroom and threw you on the bed as he kept the door open slightly.

"On the bed" He ordered, turning over you scrambled on the bed more worried for Kin than about yourself. With some more orders from the stranger, you had your back against the headboard as he tied your wrists to the headboard.

"Don’t try and escape or call for help" The intruder ordered as he placed a rag around your head to silence your words if you dared to call out for help.

"I’m going to get changed" He announced ily crawled off of the bed as you bit down on your bottom lip knowing what was to come.

Pulling your knees to your chest, you closed your eyes, resting your head against your knees while you let some tears run down your cheeks. Silent sobs shook your body while you pulled against the rope around your wrists trying to break free.

"Babe?" A soft voice called through the empty house, lifting your head, you recognized the soft voice. Whining through the cloth over your mouth, you tried to make as much noise as possible to draw, what you thought was Jin into the room.

"Jaigya?" Jin’s form moved down the hallway as you saw his shadow come closer to your door as you tried harder and pulled against the restraints. The shadow continued to move across the wall, watching the white door slowly open wider, your heart started to race.

Watching Jin’s face appear behind that door was enough to make you close your eyes and instantly break down. Jin’s eyes widened seeing you tied to the bed frame, tossing his backpack off of his back and running over to the side of the bed, he lifted your dropping head as tears raced down your cheeks.

"Babe, what is this?" Your husbands’ face was laced with concern and anger before he untied the cloth from around your head and brushed away your never ending tears.

"Someone got in the house" You sobbed before you lifted your eyes up to his, "Please go check on Kin make sure that he is okay" You whispered with a shaking breath.

"Where is this guy?" Jin held your face steady with both of his hands on your cheeks.

"Changing" You choked out as you pulled your legs closer to yourself. Jin read your body language as he got the hint of what the man was about to do with you.

"Jin…" You whispered softly as his hands fell from your cheeks, "Go check on Kin, please…"

"I will, just hang in there until I can get back" He whispered and looked into your eyes making you a silent promise before he leaned in and kissed your lips softly.

Pulling away, he carefully moved off of the bed and out of the door. Closing the door how it was, you watched his form move to your toddler’s room as he knocked on it gently.

"Kin" He cooed quietly and opened the door to find his son playing with his train and car map on the floor.

"Daddy!" Kin smiled and stood up, running over to Jin’s legs and wrapping his little body around one of his father’s legs.

Closing the door behind him, Jin lifted up Kin into his arms while he held him tightly. Sitting on the colorful bed of his toddler, he rocked him from side to side before Kin pulled away from the hug.

"Kin, can you do something for Daddy?" Jin asked suddenly while his hand run through his son’s hair.

"Sure Daddy~ Anything" Kin cooed with a perfect smile curling on his face.

"A bad guy is in the house and I need you to be quiet and hide under your bed until I come and get you. Don’t get out from under the bed even if someone wants you too, only come out if I come and get you." Jin looked into Kin’s eyes.

Knowing that Kin would have a hard time to understand, Kin nodded his head anyways and hugged his dad tightly before he slid from his lap. Gathering his blanket in one hand and his favorite stuffed animal in the other, he climbed under the bed and curled up in the dark.

"Good boy, stay there until I can come and get you okay?" Jin says laying on his stomach to see his son nod his head. Reaching out for him, Jin gently pet Kin’s head before he pushed himself up off of the floor and went through the door just to close it behind him.

Walking to the door of your bedroom, he watched you as you saw the intruder show you something in his hands. Taking in a deep breath, Jin pushed through the door quickly catching the intruders’ attention. The strange man moved behind him as he quickly held the black gun up to your neck.

"Mister, please let her go" Jin’s eyes widened seeing his drastic actions and the black gun moving slowly up to your head

"Never, you both have seen too much" He said while lifting the gun up to your head, closing your eyes you bit your quivering lip harshly.

"What have we seen? We have only seen you" Jin clarifies calmly

"Still" The man snarled pressing the gun into your head, now sure that it was going to leave a mark.

"Please, don’t do this" Jin begged while taking a few steps towards you

"Don’t come any closer, I will shoot" The intruder threatened while Jin watched the man’s trigger finger pull back on the trigger. Jin pulled up both hands in defeat.

"Please" He pleaded with fear causing his eyes to widen and his heart to race.

"Jin.." You whimpered quietly, "I’m scared"

"I know babe, just hang in there, I will take care of this" Jin reassured you, moving his eyes from the man behind you to your own, his eyes reassured you from afar while his mind started to race.

"Don’t you know who I am?" The man questioned causing Jin’s eyes to lift to the man behind you.

"You are a cruel, sick man who can’t see past his own pain to see the pain that he is causing others" Jin snarled as his fists clenched tightly to his sides.

"Mommy, Daddy" You heard your toddler call your name loudly, Jin clenched his jaw while watching the stranger’s face contort to curiosity.

"Now who is that?" The man sung as he removed the gun from your head slowly before moving from the bed and over to the door. Jin blocked the door with his body.

"Move aside" The man snarled

"Never" Jin stood there strong as he couldn’t let the man get to your son.

The man lifted his hand and gripped the collar of the shirt that hung on Jin, pulling your husband closer to him.

"If you aren’t going to move, I am going to have to take all of my anger out of on you or your wife" The man whispered before looking back at you, "I haven’t made my choice yet"

A nasty smile curled on his lips before the man moved around Jin and headed out into the hallway to find where that angelic call for help is coming from.

Letting the man get out of ear shot, Jin trotted up to you as he started to pull at the ropes around your wrists.

"You can’t let him get to Kin" You whispered looking up at Jin

"He can’t get to him, his door is locked" Jin whispered to you as he is just happy that he didn’t pull the trigger on you.

"That is how the front door was when he came in" You told him as he stopped and looked down into your eyes. Jin saw the truth in your eyes and pulled his hands away from your restraints. Pulling out his phone he quickly dialed the police.

A quick, yet desperate conversation with the police unfolded as he heard something crash against the floor. Ending the conversation on the phone, he shoved the phone back into his pocket while he found the man trying to get into his son’s room.

With a rebel yell, he gripped the man’s shirt and shoved him into the wall as his anger boiled up inside of him.

"No one ties up my wife, no one hurts my boy or messes with my family. No one hurts my family" Jin snarled as the police sirens started to cry outside of their home.

"Those are for you" Jin smiled as the man’s eyes got wide as the police knocked down the door and saw Jin pressing a man against the wall.

"We will take it from here" The chief officer told Jin as two other officers wrapped the intruder in handcuffs and lead him out of the room.

"Daddy!" An urgent cry came from behind the locked door. Jin ran over to the door and unlocked his son’s door with his trembling fingers.

Swinging open the door, his toddler ran into his arms, kneeling down he scooped Kin up into his arms and held him tightly.

"Are you hurt Kin?" Jin whispered quietly against his son’s head, just holding him against his pounding heart.

"Just scared" Kin whispered

"Don’t be scared anymore, I have you" Jin whispered and kissed his head as he got Kin’s blanket and wrapped him up in it.

The chief met both of them outside the door while Jin rubbed his son’s back soothing the soft whimpers of his son. Jin was about to head into the master bedroom before the chief officer stood in front of him.

"We will take care of your wife and get the report" The chief said.

"Please, I  just want to hold her" Jin pleaded while rocking his son that clung to his shirt.

"Go on in" The chief nodded and looked over his shoulder to see you cut free from the bed. Jin bowed to the officer and headed into your room, with his movement catching your eyes, you turned your head and opened your arms the moment that you saw him.

"Jin" You cooed quietly as he sat on the bed with you and wrapped his arm around you, bringing you into his chest with Kin as you felt his warmth and security envelope you.

Tears started to roll down your face as all of the events started to hit you and take their emotional toll on you. Gripping onto his shirt tightly, he held you against him whispering comforting words against your ear.

"Everything is okay babe, we are all safe" Jin whispered to you as the police let your little family have their moment.

"Yeah mommy! We are okay!" Kin chimed in with a smile as he crawled onto your lap and hugged you tightly.

Moving into Jin’s lap, you leaned against his strong chest while Kin sat in your lap and tapped the red marks on your wrists.

"Mommy you got hurt" Kin pointed out while you looked down at him and nodded.

"Does it hurt?" Kin’s eyes widened looking up at you as the medical personnel started to work on the cuts, burns and bruises on your wrists from the ropes.

"A little" You whispered and leaned down and kissed his head.

"Don’t look it will only make it worse" Kin stood on your thighs as he placed his little hands on either side of your eyes to act as blinders as he smiled at you.

You couldn’t help but smile back as your little boy started to tell you stories to keep you entertained while the tended to your wounds. Once you were all bandaged up, you wrapped your arms around Kin and kissed his cheek.

The night wore on as the police continued to write reports and interview your side of the incident. Resting on your bed with Kin, the two of you watched cartoons and kid shows while waiting for the police to leave your house.

Hours ticked away as Jin handled everything, making sure that police had everything that they needed. Once the final police man exited his home, he locked the door and walked back to the bedroom where you and Kin were watching his favorite shows.

Pushing open the slightly closed door, he instantly relaxed when he saw you fast asleep on your bed. Kin was curled up in your arms and fast asleep as well. His favorite blanket wrapped around him and his favorite stuffed animal was tucked snugly in his arms. Entering the room, he closed and locked the door before slowly padding over to you.

Peering down at your fragile figure, he carefully ran his fingertips over your cheeks before tucking some hair behind your ear. Leaning down, he carefully kissed your temple and moved to Kin’s head as he kissed it just as soft. Standing back upright, he turned off the television and slid into the empty spot behind you.

"Jin?" You cooed softly

"Right here baby" He mumbles against your hair as he wrapped his arms around your waist.

"What if someone else comes in?" You whispered half asleep.

"No one messes with my family" He whispered ever so softly beside your ear and kissed your cheek softly, "I’ll keep watch but please rest, love"

With a gentle nod of your head, he watched you fall back asleep before he kept watch the whole night, making sure to protect the most important thing in his life, his family.