It’s just a little drizzle...right?

It’s just a little drizzle...right?

Kris stares at the little black velvet box sitting innocently on his desk with an almost murderous gaze. He still has a lot of paper works to get done. But he could care less about that as of now because Kris is not feeling like he wants to fill his head with whatever documents that need his approval or whatever whatevers he need to whatever.

 

Because all that invades his head now is...that little box and its content and the person who said content is intended to. And LuHan’s words. Damn LuHan...

 

The longer he stares at the box the more restless he feels.

 

What if he declines my marriage proposal?

 

What if he says he isn’t ready and he says no?

 

What if he leaves me after I tell him that? How can I live with that?

 

LuHan’s right. Chanyeol needs to focus on his studies.

 

Stupid LuHan.

 

Just what am I thinking??

 

I mean, why would he even say no, right? But-

 

And the questions go on.

 

Truly, Kris Wu Yi Fan has too much things running through his mind right now. So much that he doesn’t even notice that his PA slash best friend slash cousin, a twenty-five year old man with a face of a five year old, LuHan, comes in and took a seat in front him, looking at him with pure amusement.

 

“Are you done staring holes into that thing yet? Come on, humour me for a moment.  You can continue killing that thing with your eyes later. I still have a lot of paper works waiting for me on my desk.”

 

The familiar voice brings Kris back to reality. His vision focuses on LuHan who is currently looking at him with that stupid satisfied smile on his face. Kris feels nothing but irked even more.

 

“LuHan.”

 

“Mr. Wu.”

 

“Don’t you know how to knock?”

 

“I do and I did knock. I knocked on your door for a good five minutes. And came in and sat here for another ten. And called out your name for another five. Now you tell me, what’s going on in that head of yours?”

 

The younger one of the two sighs. “It’s Chanyeol. And  I... I blame you for this! I finally had the courage to ask him to marry me and you went on poisoning my mind with your stupid theories and what-ifs. And why are you here anyway?”

 

LuHan laughs a little too loud to Kris’ liking before handing him two thick files on the latter’s desk. “These need your approval.” And Kris does not even want to know or care what is in them. At least not now. 

 

“And take a chill pill, bro... I was just saying. Don’t let my words get to your head too much. Although I must say you look pretty amusing all agitated like this.”

 

Kris really hates LuHan right now. He is already gritting his teeth.

 

“Get. Out.”

 

Unfazed, LuHan continues to snigger. “As you wish.” And as he shuts the door Kris can really hear LuHan’s barking laughter as he walks away.

 

Kris rolls his eyes and thuds his head on the desk and mutters a low ‘ow’ in its wake. He was in a middle of mumbling curses to LuHan when his phone buzzes. Rubbing his temple with a hand, he reaches his phone with another.

 

Seeing his significant other’s name flashing on the screen immediately makes him feel light-hearted. For a moment he forgets all of the apprehensions he has been weeping over just moments ago.

 

From: Chanyeol Baby

Hyung~ :)

 

Sent to: Chanyeol Baby

Hey, baby... What’s up?

 

From: Chanyeol Baby

What time do you get off work today?

 

Kris frowns at the question. Looking at the piles and piles of folders in front of him right now it is pretty difficult to tell if he will be able to go home earl—

 

To: Chanyeol Baby

I’m free now.

 

From: Chanyeol Baby

Ah~ that’s great! Can we meet up? I have something super extremely really really really important thing to propose. :D

 

Kris choked on his own spit. Speaking of proposing...

 

To: Chanyeol Baby

Alright. I’ll see you at 3? At the usual.

 

Sent to: Chanyeol Baby

Okay! :D See you there <3<3

 

Kris gets up from his chair and takes a quick glance at his new white gold Armin Strom watch on his right wrist. It reads twenty-five minutes to three. If he’s quick enough he’ll be able to beat the traffic and get there on time.

 

But first things first.

 

He needs to make sure that it’s not going to rain later. Because well... Kris Wu and rainy days (especially the ones that come with lightning and thunders) do not go along too well.

 

No, he’s not allergic to the rain or anything like it. He just hates hates hates hates hates the sound of the booming thunder or the sight of the blinding white lightning in the sky. He’ll end up doing embarrassing un-cool things and today is not going to be that day.

 

And he therefore grabs his phone and types in a quick message.

 

Sent to: LuHan

LuHan. What’s the weather forecast for today?

 

From: LuHan

The Sun will shine bright all day long. May I ask the reason for the query, Sir?

 

Sent to: LuHan

Don’t stick your nose where you don’t belong and just get back to work, Han.

 

From: LuHan

Hahahah okay~~

P.S.: Go have fun with him, Wu Fan. For it may be ur last time. HAHAHAHAHAHA

 

Kris makes a mental note to punch LuHan’s face in the next time he sees him.

 

From: LuHan

P.P.S.: Pun intended. Didyu see it? :p :p

 

Sent to: LuHan

Luhan. I’m warning you. Stop it.

 

From: Luhan

P.P.P.S: Dyu noe wat P.S. even mean? Cuz I dont!

 

Sent to: LuHan

LUHANNNN!!!

 

From: LuHan

HAHAHAHAHA aye, aye, captain! *peace sign emot*

 

                Talking to LuHan gives him headaches someti—no, all the time. Just what bloody crime did he do in his past life to be “blessed” with such an annoying cousin whose hobby is to pull everyone’s legs? He pities Kim Minseok who is currently the object of said man’s affection. Lord knows what he has to go through.

 

                Kris stands in front of a big mirror that decorates a large part of his office wall, admiring his own reflection. Call him a narcissist but hey, he is pretty damn good looking.

 

                Even Chanyeol agrees.

 

                The tall lad gives his perfectly styled hair a quick fix, snatches the small box that has been lying on his desk all the while and put it into his front pocket before heading out, completely ignoring LuHan’s mischievous eyes.

 

                God! He could still hear him laughing his lungs out at him.

 

****

 

                Kris gets in his car and drives off. Maybe it is fate that the traffic is not all that bad that day. He arrives at the coffee shop he and Chanyeol frequent to in no time.

 

                Kris takes a seat at their usual spot; the one near the window at the right side. He checks his watch again. It displays five to three.

 

                He is still a bit early but it’s okay. Chanyeol is usually a punctual person too.

               

Kris looks out of the big glass window and watches the people going about their frantic lives. It has really been a while since he and Chanyeol have the time to hang out like this. Kris’ job as a CEO in his uncle’s company has been keeping his hands full and Chanyeol’s course is not giving him a bit of a slack either. So it’s actually really nice that they finally get to sit together and—

               

Why is the sky so dark? I thought LuHan said it’s not gonna—

 

                “Hyung!”

 

                A deep, rough voice travels across the room and knocks him out of his reverie. Kris spots a tall lad whose face does not quite match with the voice, waving as he marches towards him with his signature teeth-rich smile. Out of impulse, Kris returns his beam with his gummy one.

 

“Hey...” Park Chanyeol takes his seat in front of him. “What were you looking at?” the younger man looks out the window before focusing his eyes on his boyfriend again. And when he does, he frowns. “Hyung, are you okay? Why are you sweating?”

 

                “Huh?” Oh great. Kris forehead is now all wet with sweat.

 

Keep calm, Kris. It’s not gonna rain any time soon. Not gonna rain... No rain... Kris chanted.

 

“It’s...nothing,” he tries to push the topic aside. It is already as embarrassing to him as it already is. “Hm... Did you miss me?” he asks smilingly instead.

 

                “Of course I did!” Chanyeol cries with a pout. “We haven’t seen each other in weeks!” he reaches for Kris’ hand to link theirs together and with a swift move he planted a quick kiss on the back of his boyfriend’s hand. “I missed you...”

 

                Kris chuckled. “Technically, it’s only been one week but I sure did miss you too, kid,” Kris brings their linked hands closer to his mouth so he can drop multiples kisses on Chanyeol’s smooth hand, leaving the latter chuckling sheepishly at the other’s actions.

 

                Thank God for He has blessed them with great heights and also the reasonable distance that they are at over the table otherwise their act would have looked awkward.

 

Kris does not miss the look in Chanyeol’s eyes as he watches him. Those beautiful eyes are looking back at him with so much love. Kris could stare at them forever.

 

“Hm... Hyung... I have something important to tell you. I’m graduating in two months and after that... I may have to go abroad for my Masters.”

 

                Chanyeol’s words take Kris by surprise. Slowly he pulls away. “Abroad? But why?”

 

“I don’t know... I love my course. I just wish to learn more and be an expert in that field.”

 

“You love your course? But what about me? Don’t you love me?”

 

“Hyung... What’s up with you? I thought you’d be all supportive—”

 

Whatever that comes out of Chanyeol’s mouth after that, Kris can’t process them properly because he has decided: today is the day.

 

Today, on November 1st, 2014, at slightly a few minutes after 3 PM, he, Kris Wu Yi Fan will ask Park Chanyeol’s, the love of his life, hand in marriage. He has to do it and he will. And he doesn’t care what that LuHan said.

 

“Chanyeol-ah,” he starts.

 

“Yes, hyung?”

 

Quickly, Kris tries to reach down to his front pocket to draw out the small box that contains the ring he personally chose for this special moment.

 

This is it. I can’t turn back now.

 

“Chanyeol, my love... I—”

 

“Hey, Chanyeol!”

 

What.

 

“Yixing hyung! What are you doing here??”

 

“Never mind,” Kris mumbles, leaning back on his seat with a huff. He pushes the box back into his pocket.

 

“You know...  Just hanging out with some friends. I’m sitting over there. See? There they are.” This Yixing guy points at a place that Kris really has very little to no interest to find out.

 

But it looks like Chanyeol seems to be very interested in whatever that dude is babbling on and on about.

 

This guy is very rude. First he interrupted me in a middle of a sentence and now he gets all of Chanyeol’s attention. I will need to hire someone to take this guy out. Chopped him up and throw his remains to the ocean or something! I don’t care!

 

                “Well, this is Kris, my boyf— hyung, hyung! Where are you going?”

 

                Kris does not answer. He stands up and walks out of the cafe without looking back at Chanyeol. Or Yixing. Or whoever. He doesn’t want to. It irks him seeing his boyfriend talking to some random Yixing or any other random person as if he’s not there. Kris just needs to leave before he ends up breaking someone’s face.

 

Now is probably the good time to call LuHan over.

 

*****

 

Kris keeps on walking and walking. His phone buzzes in his pocket a few times but he disregards it. He needs time to think. Was he being too sensitive? He left Chanyeol at the cafe without saying anything. But doesn’t he have the right to be? Kris was on the verge of losing Chanyeol and he is in no way ready for that so it is logical that he becomes emotionally sensitive. At least to him it is...

 

Chanyeol’s leaving him to pursue his Masters overseas...Why? Does Chanyeol not care about him anymore? Is what LuHan said true? Will Chanyeol really leave him?

 

A single drop of liquid that landed on his forehead and Kris immediately freezes in his steps. Some part of him hopes a bird just pooped on him because that is 100 times better than—

 

A low crackling grumble resonates from the sky before it grows in frequency and in a matter of seconds he realises that a bright white light strikes his vision followed by a loud clap of thunder echoes everywhere and hits his eardrum painfully.

 

Instantly his hands came up to cover his ears.

 

that.

 

                “...”

 

“Kris-hyung! Get in the car!” Kris hears Chanyeol’s voice calling him. But he can’t even open his eyes. He merely stands there frozen, eyes shut tightly.

 

He feels a pair of arms encircle him and he is being dragged somewhere. There was a clicking sound like a door being opened and all of a sudden the loud grumbling sounds subside slightly.

 

“Oh God, Hyung... You’re shaking.”

 

Chanyeol?

 

“Thunder. Rain. Chanyeol help me, I’m scared I’m scared...”

 

“Hyung... it’s okay now... Open your eyes.”

 

 “I didn’t know it was going to rain. I forgot the watch the weather forecast earlier. I will kill LuHan later. He told me it wasn’t gonna-AAHH!!” Kris stopped mid-sentence as another boom of thunder attacks his eardrums. 

 

Kris proceeds to chant the words ‘please, please, please’ and ‘I’m scared, I’m scared, I’m scared’ for the next five minutes. Chanyeol pulls him into a tight hug, murmuring reassuring nothings into Kris’ ears to calm him down. They stayed like that until the downpour settles completely.

 

                Once Kris is sure the thunder is gone pulls away carefully, muttering his sorry to his boyfriend who was looking at him with amusement.

 

                “I thought you said you’re over your astraphobia.”

 

                Kris covers his face in embarrassment. “I lied, of course.”

 

                “But why?”

 

                “It’s... un-cool. I didn’t want you to see that side of me,” Kris says, still covering his face. He hears Chanyeol snickering at his side.

 

                “Well tell you what?” Chanyeol removes Kris’ hand from his face so that he can lock his eyes with his gaze. “I have seen that side of you and this wasn’t the first time. And honestly speaking I find that side of you really...adorable rather than ‘un-cool’,” Chanyeol says firmly albeit a bit amused; he seems to really mean it.

 

                Kris is confused. “What do you mean?”

 

                “Did you forget? The day we first met ten years ago?”

 

                Kris frowns as he tries to remember that little piece of memory. Chanyeol smiles softly.

 

“You saved me from those bullies who loved to pick on me because of my ears. That day I thought you were really cool. Because you were able to scare them away with just one glance,” he chuckles. Slowly, the memories about their first meeting came back to Kris.

 

“Then when you were walking me home it was starting to rain and there was thunder and everything. I was talking to you about my ferret when you ran off of me. I thought you hated me or something. But I just brushed it off and kept on walking. Then I found you hiding under a bridge, all sweating and shaking and crying. You looked so pitiful. I wanted to hug you so hard that day but I couldn’t because I was holding my ferret and if I let it go it’d run away again. And then—”

 

“Then you asked me if I wanted to borrow your mp3 player. I told you to go away but you put on your headphones over my head anyway.”

 

The smile on Chanyeol’s face grew bigger. “You instantly felt better and you ended up listening to my playlist until the rain subsided. Then you looked at me and thanked me by giving me...”

 

“...a kiss,” Kris finishes.

 

“See? You remember,” Chanyeol peek sideways at him, chuckling.

 

  It takes Kris a few minutes to form a coherent response. “But still... That was very an un-cool thing to see.”

 

Chanyeol laughs and leans in to drop a kiss on Kris’ nose. “Hm... Hyung, what was the thing you were gonna say to me at the cafe?”

 

Kris’ eyes widen at the question but he doesn’t put much thought into it. He’s going to do this anyway. “Oh, that... um...” he drew out the black small box from his pocket. “I can’t kneel here I’ll just gonna do it like this so bear with me okay?”

 

“Hyung—”

 

 “Park Chanyeol, I know this is pretty awkward after what just happened but it’s now or never.”

 

That said, Kris takes a deep breath.

 

Here goes.

 

“I love you. I love you so so very much and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You’re so important to me and I would do anything for you, I would give up anything for your happiness.  Fine. I don’t mind you going abroad to pursue your studies. I’m fine with it. But I just want to make sure that you will be mine and only mine. I will promise to love only you so... Park Chanyeol....” Kris fumbled with the box but he manages to flip it open, displaying a simple silver ring with a little diamond in the middle. “Will you please please please marry me?”

 

Chanyeol looks genuinely surprised. He opens and closes his mouth a few times in order to respond but no answer comes out.

 

“Oh wow,” is the only thing that he can manage to get out of his throat. His eyes darts back and forth between Kris and the silver ring. Kris sees nothing but disbelief and pure joy in those beautiful eyes that he adores so much.  “I—uh... Really?”

 

Yes... It was the kind of reaction that Kris has been expecting to see...

 

Until Chanyeol burst into a loud roar of laughter.

 

“Yeollie-ah... What’s so funny?” Kris asked, frowning. Chanyeol only laughed harder.

 

Kris is getting agitated. Is this his way of rejecting someone’s marriage proposal? “Park Chanyeol. I feel so insulted. What are you laughing at—stop laughing! I’m serious. I’m asking you to marry me.”

 

 “You know,” Chanyeol manages to say through his laughter, “I really wasn’t expecting this at all. And it’s really funny you should ask me that ‘cause...”

 

He reached out into his back pocket and took out a... ring?

 

“I was just gonna ask you the same thing. I thought I already gave you a hint—umph!”

 

It takes a little more than ten minutes before any of them attempts to draw away from each other lips and only pulling back for a short intake of breath.

 

“The answer to your question is yes by the way,” Chanyeol whispers, slipping his ring on Kris’ fourth finger on his left hand. “That is only if we have a mutual answer.”

 

Chuckling, Kris slips Chanyeol’s ring on his and breathes “Of course” against Chanyeol’s lips before closing the distance again.