Buying the CEO

A Day With You

Jung Jieun lifted her legs and sat, her legs on the coffee table as she switches from a channel to another. It was yet another boring day for the wife of Jung Corporation's CEO, Jung Taekwoon or as his close friends call him, Leo.

There was a note on the coffee table that read :

"Jieun, take your legs off the coffee table. It's called coffee table for a reason. - Leo"

Rolling her eyes after reading the green piece of notepad, she takes of her legs and sits properly. Leo was a man of perfection. He follows rules and promises just so he can expect that his rules will be followed and treated the same way he does others. Although Jieun was thw wife, she's no exception. She sighed, pressing the red button on the remote control as the TV screen appears black.

She took her leave and went towards the kitchen, padding bare footed as she search for a proper breakfast. The view of a kitchen with square pieces of green notes made her roll her eyes and snort as she makes her way and reads them all.

There was one on the kitchen island :

"Jieun, we have eight chairs in the dining table. It's all yours. Stop sitting on the island. - Leo"

One on the kitchen cabinet :

"Jieun, wash your dishes and put them back properly. They don't clean themselves and walks back to their places on their own. - Leo"

One in the refrigerator door :

"Stop bystanding close to the refrigerator, darling. Watch your diet. - Leo"

There's one on the bottom of her favorite glass :

"drink lots of water. - Leo"

A note was on an apple too :

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away. I'm serious. Don't get sick. Please. - Leo"

Just when she was about to get of the kitchen, she felt paper on her feet :

"Where your home slippers. It's in the shoe rack next to mine. - Leo"

 

Sighing, Jieun doesn't know if she should be touched or irritated by those sarcastic notes Leo left. She took strides towards the bathroom and saw three green notes.

One on her toothbrush :

"Use me! "

One on the laundry basket :

" This is a basket but your clothes aren't balls. Place them properly or atleast shoot right. - Leo"

Lastly, on the mirror :

"Hey, Beautiful. Good Morning. I love you. - Leo"

 

She just missed her husband even more. Taking the home slippers from the shoe rack, she picks her car keys near the flower vase and drives to her own apartment.

I miss you. And I'm not going home until I see you, you idiot.

Jieun took a shower and dressed in Leo's biggest sweater that made her look like she's wearing a dress. the sleeves drowned her hands and the hem of the sweater ends just in the middle of her thighs. She tied her long, jet black hair into a messy bun and started setting a tower of RomCom films in the coffee table. She challenged herself not to stand up from the couch until Leo gets back from work so she already set all the food and necessary things she needed.

This is what the housewife of Jung Taekwoon, CEO of Jung Corporation, does.

 

##############################

 

"Am I dying or is our CEO slacking off at broad daylight?" Lee Jae Hwan or Ken enters his boss' office without permission along with Hyuk, Hackyeon (or N), Wonsik (or Ravi) and Hongbin.

It was a rare sight to see Leo just sitting in his chair, not facing his laptop and instead, seeing him with his face burried in his arms and trying to sleep. The five guys didn't know if they would be worried or so happy to finally see the normal side of the always uptight and serious Jung Taekwoon.

"Yes, I'm slacking and if you don't shut up, you're going to die." Leo said in a serious and irritated voice before going back to burrying his face in his arms.

"Ohhh, y. Miss your honey?" The five sat on Leo's office's couch and placed their legs on the coffee table, trying to see if Leo will react.

Leo just lets out a frustrated groan, not bothering to give a second look and scold them for placing their legs on the coffee table. Noticing the unexpected result, they nodded at each other in agreement.

Leo is missing Jieun, that's for sure.

"Dude, how's your wifey, Jieun?" Hongbin asked, trying his luck for the boss' answer.

"Yeah, how's noona?" Hyuk said, urging an answer.

Leo sighed. "I.. I don't even know. We haven't been meeting even in our own house. When I come back from work, she's already sleeping and I always go to work before she wakes up. Damn it."

The five looked at their boss with pity. They don't have special persons in their life right now but they know what it's like to miss a person that's already so close.

 

The five took hours of their work time to persuade the CEO out of the building and into the parking lot. Sighing, Leo knew how childish his friends are and decided not to resist. He knew he wanted this aswell.

A sound was heard after he unlocked his Lamborghini Gallardo. He sets his foot inside, only to find an envelope. Curiosity had the best of him as he takes the envelope into his hands. He didn't notice it earlier when he got to work but from the hand writing, he knew it was from Jieun.

Inside was a wad of cash and her apartment keys. Not their house's keys but her apartment's keys.

"I love you. I miss you. - Jieun"

 

###################

 

Leo turns the knob and breaks in on her apartment. Hearing the door open, Jieun smiles.

Leo held the remote control and paused the movie just when the Eun Hwan in A MIllionaire's First Love was having her moment in the bathroom. Jieun shouts in protest.

"Leo!"

Ignoring the lady's protest, Leo threw the envelope on the coffee table. "What's this?"

Jieun smiled innocently before replying. "I'm buying your time." She says in a cheerful tone. Leo sits in a chair facing her  and looking at her with narrowed ayes.

Jieun innocently smiles at her husband before taking the bowl of ice cream from the coffee table and offering it to him.

"You want?"

 

########################

 

The lights were turned off and only the light coming from the TV screen made them see each other. Leo was lying on the couch, Jieun's lap as his pillow. No ones paying attention to Eun Hwan anymore.

"Why are you wearing my sweater?" Leo asked, noticing the familiar sweater.

"I like it. It feels like you." at her response, Leo felt sadness. He wasn't having enough time for her wife.

he made a deal to himself. No one's going to work until next week.

 

Grinning at his own thoughts, Leo inched forward towards Jieun.

"Well, I'm here already. So..... can we take it off?"