Prologue

Searching for the Stars

Love...

A variety of different feelings of attraction, personal attachment and many more. Each one of us will fall in love various time but finding the one with you will want to spend your life is tricky. You will fail a lot first before you realize the one you have been looking for is right in front of you and you have been too blind to see it.

Love has the power of healing and destruction.

-

“Jiyong?”

“Anything wrong Seunghyun? Are you in pain?” Jiyong asked him with a frown as he turned around to look his pale face.

“I’m fine Jiyong. Can you stop freaking out like this?”

“Sorry.” Jiyong blushed a bit. He knew he was overacting but he couldn’t help it, he was seriously worried.

“It’s okay. So I was trying to ask you before you interrupt me what do you think about love? What does it mean to you?”

“Hmmm that’s a hard question.” Jiyong paused for a while to think before giving his answer to Seunghyun. “ From my personal experience love is a very strong feeling. When people fall in love they will do anything in order to protect their beloved one even if that means to give up their own happiness. They don’t care what will happen to them as long as their other half is safe. I read somewhere the love is not a stone laying on the side lifeless, you have to build and re-build it always so that it can stay solid and fresh.”

“Those words coming out from that pretty mouth of yours were very touching –coming straight from your heart.” Seunghyun commented with a smile on his face and Jiyong thought how much he loved his beautiful smile. He wished he could be able to see him smiling more but he knew it was impossible.

“And what about you Seunghyun? What do you think?” He asked him curious to hear his opinion –he was the first one to ask him after all.

“Well for me love is the ability to sacrifice yourself for your precious one. Your heart, soul, mind and body belong to your special one and you should give them openly to your lover without any hesitation.”

“Wow you actually don’t have the mind of a 5-year old.” Jiyong teased and poked him playfully.

“Hey! I’m smarter than you all think.” Seunghyun protested and they both laughed.

“You are so adorable when you laugh.” It was Seunghyun’s turn to tease and Jiyong said nothing.

They stayed quiet for a while cherishing their moment together and the starry night sky. Jiyong was sitting between Seunghyun’s leg as the older one was resting against the widow tree with their entwined hands on Jiyong’s lap and Seunghyun’s head on his shoulder.

Seunghyun was content with having Jiyong in his arms and Jiyong was feeling secure and loved. He wished for time to stop so that they could stay like this for an eternity. Too bad fate had other plans for them.

“Jiyong if you see a shooting star what would you wish for?”

“My wish would be for you to live a long, long life with me.” Jiyong said with tears threaten to fall from his eyes.

He was aware that the end was near even though Seunghyun pretended that everything was alright. He knew deep inside this was going to be their last time together like this. And he knew there was nothing he could do to save his lover from his cruel destiny.

Suddenly realization came crushing to Jiyong and his whole body doubled from the extreme he was experiencing –not physically but emotionally, he started trembling violently as he finally broke down and the tears from before ran freely on his cheeks.

Seunghyun could do nothing more than collecting the sobbing Jiyong in his arms with what little strength he had left and hold him tightly against his chest as he too started crying –the sight of the crying Jiyong was too much for him to handle. It broke his heart yet he had no idea what to do to comfort him.

Why was fate so cruel to them? What they had done to deserve so much pain?