Introduction

Challenge

            “Yongguk? Have you seen my…” Jin stopped when she got into the room. A smile spread across her face as she took in the sight before her. Yongguk was sitting on the edge of their bed, in his dressed trousers and shirtless. He was looking blankly straight ahead and she could see fingers marls through his black hair.

            “You do know you have to add a shirt to that outfit.” Jin a bit. Yongguk looked up, coming out of his thoughts, with a pleading look.

            “Help me.” He whispered desperately which made her lose her smirk to a compassionate smile as she walked towards him and sat next to him, placing a hand on his back.

            “What’s wrong?” She asked him gently.

            “I am freaking out. I’m meeting your parents for the first time so I need to impress them. But how are you supposed to impress your girlfriend’s parents?” He looked at her as to direct the question to her but Jin didn’t even get the chance to utter a word as Yongguk spoke up again. “How should I dress? Casual? Dress up? Suit up?” he paused and Jin couldn’t help a smile from showing on her face
            It was a sight to see Yongguk losing his calm. He that was usually so calm and composed. He rarely let Jin see when he was anxious. But tonight was different and even if she didn’t want him to feel so stressed about this, she couldn’t help feeling happy. It showed how important tonight was for him.

            “Please help me.” Yongguk asked once again.

            “Well… if it was just me… I would totally let you go like this!” Jin said playfully while kissing his bare shoulder.

            “Jiiiin!” Her boyfriend whined.

            “Okay, okay. Sorry.” She chuckled. “I think you should go for casual. I’d say black jeans, white top and one of your dress up jackets.” She said while mentally going through his clothes.
            He nodded absentmindedly before getting up to get his clothes and change in the bathroom. Jin watched him go inside, still smiling at how cute Yongguk was acting. Since she was ready, she decided to wait for him downstairs in the living-room. She sat down on the couch with a book.
            She was reading through her third chapter when she decided to go check on him. Yongguk should have been ready by now. As she stepped once again in the bedroom, the young woman found her boyfriend sitting back on the bed as if he never went to change. She looked down, noting that he did change trousers and noticed that he was holding something in his hand.

            “I can’t wear this.” Yongguk told you matter-of-factly, while holding up the with v-neck shirt he was holding in his hand.

            “And why not?” asked Jin, confused.

            “It’s a v-neck.”

            “So?” she said while sitting on his lap, facing him.

            “So it shows my tattoo. And you once told me that your mother hates tattoos, so I can’t possibly-“ He was cut off by Jin placing her lips on his to shut him up. She had her arms around his neck and even though it surprised him , Yongguk couldn’t resist wrapping his arms to hold her waist as she kissed him. As soon as she pulled away Yongguk started his rant again.

            “I don’t know wha-“

            “Oh my god Yongguk!!” Jin raised her voice as she laughed. “It doesn’t matter what you wear! The only thing that matters is you! So put that shirt on and be the charming man you are. I know for a fact that my mom is literally going to fall in love with you. So pleeeeeaaase, stop worrying so much.”

            “I just want everything to be perfect.” He said while looking down.

            “Then all you have to do is get dressed and be yourself.” Yongguk smiled at her before putting on his shirt with Jin still on his lap. When the shirt was fully down his chest, Jin started to pull away but he brought her back down and kissed her lips passionately. Jin responded but things got heated and she tried to pull away quickly before things got out of hand.

            “We have to go.” She mumbled while Yongguk placed gentled kisses down her neck, knowing what effect it had on her. “Yongguk… We don’t want to be late… What about making a good impression?” That stopped him instantly and he hurried down to put his shoes on, ready to leave.

            After a half an hour car drive, they were finally walking towards Jin’s parents’ front door. Yongguk was holding flowers in one hand while he held Jin’s hand with his other one. She reached out to the doorbell, pressing the button two times before turning to her boyfriend to smile at him. He smiled back squeezing her hand lightly.

            “I didn’t tell you but you look amazing.” He said looking at her in the eyes. She blushed a little before cupping his face and tiptoed to kiss his lips. Of course that is when Jin’s mother decided to open the door.

            “Oh! Looks like I’m interrupting something! Ring again when you two are finished!” Her mother joked while Yongguk turned red, making his girlfriend laugh.

            As they got inside, Jin’s mother crushed her daughter into a tight hug.

            “It’s so good to see you after all this time! But I see know why you decided to extend your stay in Korea!” She said while eyeing Yongguk with a playful smile.
            Jin had left for Korea two years ago to become an English teacher and hadn’t come home ever since. She was only supposed to stay for a year but meeting Yongguk had changed her plans. They had been dating for over a year when the lawsuit with Yongguk’s company broke down and one night Jin asked him if they could use his hiatus as an opportunity for him to finally meet her family. So here they were.

            “And it’s very nice to finally meet you Yongguk. We all heard a lot about you!” she said while embracing him. Jin muffled a laugh at the sight of her boyfriend’s startled face. As she let go of him, he handed her the flowers we was holding.

            “Hum, these are for you.” He said while scratching the back of his neck shyly. The older woman took them and went inside the kitchen while babbling about how well-mannered this young man was. Jin then took his hand and led him into the dinning-room so he could meet her father and older sister.

            As dinner was served, they all started asking the couple multiple questions. How had they met? How was Yongguk’s music going? Basically anything related to their lives in Korea. At first Jin did the talking, feeling that Yongguk still needed some time to relax, but he soon felt at ease and was now chatting with Jin’s father.
            They had finished eating and were still talking when they heard a little voice coming from the door on the left side of the room. They turned their attention towards the voice and discovered a little girl standing in the doorway.

            “Heey! There’s my girl!” Jin said enthusiastically. Her sister got up to pick her daughter up and bring her to the table. “What is my little Ivy doing up at such hour?”

            “Mommy said that if I took a nap I could stay up to see you !”

            “Come and give me a hug!!” She said and Ivy ran to her side to sit on her lap, hugging her neck tightly. When she pulled back her eyes landed on Yongguk so she looked back at her aunt.

            “Who is this? Is he your husband?” She asked innocently making everyone around the table laugh as the couple blushed.

            “He is aunt Jin’s boyfriend, Ivy.” Jin’s father stated.

            “Hello, my name is Ivy, nice to meet you!” The five year old said, extending her hand towards Yongguk. Jin watched her boyfriend’s gummy smile appear on his face as he took the little girls hand.

            “Well hello Ivy, I’m Yongguk and I am honored to meet you too!” He said in a playful tone. Ivy hopped off Jin’s lap to tuck on Yongguk’s hand and asked him to follow her to the living-room, which, after getting a nod from Jin’s mother, he did.

            From that moment everybody started to get up. Jin and her sister took the plates to the kitchen while their parents cleared the table from the little decorations. Jin was putting the left overs in the fridge when her sister hip bumped her.

            “Well, nice one you got yourself there! Who knew you had it in you Jin!” She teased.

            “Shut up!” Jin answered with a big smile on her face.

            “No but seriously, he is hot!”

            “And you are married with a child.”

            “Doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate the work of the gods.” She declared making Jin burst into laughter. They both walked over to the living-room and were greeted by the sight of Ivy sitting on the sofa next to Yongguk as he was showing her something in a book. Jin’s sister leant over to whisper in her little sister’s ear. “He’s a keeper. Marry him before I get a divorce and snatch him from you.”

            “Hahaha, you are insane!” Jin laughed and walked over to the pair on the sofa.

            “Ivy sweetie, it’s time to go to bed now.” Her mother said. The little girl’s head shot up as a slight pout appeared on her face.

            “But Yongguk was showing me where him and Jin live!” she whined.

            “How about I come back soon and I can show more stuff then?” Yongguk said with a fatherly spark in his eyes.

            “YEEEES!!!!” Ivy shouted jumping on the sofa.

            “It’s settled then. Now off to bed young lady!”

            The little girl bid goodnight to everyone and it was the couple’s cue to head back to their rented flat. They greeted the family goodbye after Jin’s mom made her promise to come back before they had to go back to Korea.
            Surprisingly, the drive back home was silent. But not in a bad way. It was a comfortable silence as if they were both working out the different events of the night. For Jin it has been a refreshing evening. She hadn’t noticed how much she missed her family until tonight. She did feel a little homesick from time to time but tonight she realized that she had missed them a lot.
            As for Yongguk, he had felt at ease with Jin’s family. He felt a bit silly for freaking out earlier since they made him really comfortable during the night.

            Once they arrived home, Jin went to the bathroom to take a shower, so Yongguk waited in their room, lying down on the bed and listened at the sound of the shower running. He came out of his thought when the shower stopped and the door to the bathroom opened, signaling him that he could go in if he wanted to. He straightened up before walking in. Jin was wrapped in a towel and drying her hair as he stood behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his chin on her shoulder, leaving a soft kiss on her bare skin.

            “So. How did I do?” He asked.

            “One hundred percent success.”

 

***

Helloooooo again! I know it's been a while and I'm sorry! I just didn't feel like writing for a little while and then uni started again so I didn't have that much time either.
Anyways, I'm not 100% happy with this but I've been working on it for a while and if I wait to be 100% happy, I'll probably never update so!
I hope you guys will still enjoy this and I'll try harder for the next ones!
I am hoping to be able to post two other oneshots very soon to make up for the wait.

Feel free to comment and request :)