fin.

Hello, how are you?

"So, what exactly do you want me to teach you?" Wendy asked, her eyebrows dancing as she spoke, betraying her and exposing her confusion to the girl sitting next to her. "I'm pretty sure you already have introductions and some sort of casual talk down, right?" Her expression froze as she turned to face the slightly older female, who was looking at her with that eager but concentrated expression Wendy had seen her show many times before when she was learning about something she was interested in.

"Yes, I learned that in school. Would you like to hear it?" Seulgi responded, her lips curled into a light smile as she looked at her 'teacher', causing the Canadian to narrow her eyes slightly as she nodded in confirmation. "How about some casual conversation?" The teacher replied, tilting her head as she watched Seulgi nod in turn. 

"Hello, how are you?" The older spoke in accented English, although it seemed somewhat rehearsed, there were no mistakes in her pronunciation. Not bad at all, Wendy concluded. "I'm doing well, how about you?" She answered, a sense of nostalgia washing over her as she spoke the language she hadn't had the chance to speak much in the past few years. Seulgi smiled, seemingly having noticed her teacher's enjoyment. "I'm a little tired, but I'm good." She spoke, her accent coming out more in the third word, something that didn't go unnoticed by Wendy. 

"A little." The younger corrected, watching her friend's eyes widen a little, her eyebrows raising as she listened. "A little?" She repeated, still just a tad too accented, causing her teacher to smile, unable to deny her adoration of the expression the older was showing. "A little." Wendy spoke slowly, emphasizing in order to help the confused girl who, as Wendy had just noticed, hadn't broken eye contact since the start of the lesson. "A little." Seulgi said firmly, causing the Canadian to grin yet again, suppressing a giggle as she nodded, informing the girl she had passed.

"Good. Now, what did you want to learn?" Wendy repeated her original question, still curious as to why her group mate had requested her help, considering her English seemed just fine. Seulgi pressed her lips together as she stayed silent for a few seconds, her gaze finally drifting from the other. "I need help pronouncing some words." She eventually replied, earning a nod and a tilt of the head from the younger.

"Alright, I can help you with that. What are the words we're talking about?" Wendy asked, starting to enjoy the teacher position she had been put into. Whether that was because she actually really just enjoyed helping Seulgi or because the older looked surprisingly cute when concentrating. "Well..." The student started, glancing aside once again, causing one of Wendy's eyebrows to shoot up. "... Red Velvet." Seulgi muttered after a short silence, causing her teacher to giggle lightly, earning a pout from the older. 

Wendy had always been aware her fellow group mates couldn't properly pronounce their own group name, but she had given up on trying to correct them quite a while ago. It was strangely endearing that Seulgi actually wanted to learn regardless of how much time had passed and how long she had been pronouncing it wrong. "Sorry, sorry. I won't laugh any more, I promise. I'll help you." The Canadian announced, her friend smiling in response. 

"We'll start with the first word, of course. That shouldn't be too difficult, you're not far off anyway. Give it a try." Wendy encouraged Seulgi, who stared at her teacher for a good few seconds before she opened . "... Red?" She spoke hesitantly, noticing her friend pulling a face, her brow furrowed. "Red." Came Wendy's correcting reply, the older nodding, determined to get it right this time. "Red." Seulgi repeated after the Canadian, who showed her a smile. "That's right!" She exclaimed, clapping a few times as Seulgi smiled happily. 

"Okay, now, on to the difficult part. Listen closely." Wendy instructed, the older leaning a little closer, her stare so intense Wendy paused for just a second more than she felt was appropriate, causing her to rush the word. "Velvet." The teacher blurted out, a bit too hastily for Seulgi to catch on, causing her eyebrows to raise in confusion. "Velvet?" The student repeated back, her incorrect pronunciation remaining the same. Wendy shook her head, mentally kicking herself for letting her feelings affect her in any way, something she had sworn she wouldn't allow. "Velvet." She spoke slowly, making sure to pronounce the word as clearly as she could. "... Velvet?" Seulgi tried again, this time having corrected herself enough for it to sound acceptable.

"Good job! Now try them together." Wendy ordered, Seulgi nodding, pausing for just a second. "Red Velvet." The older said, it still sounded accented, but it was correct, something the teacher felt proud of. The student broke into a smile, clearly excited she finally managed to correctly pronounce the name of their group, a smile that was mirrored by Wendy, partially for that same reason, partially because Seulgi's smile was infectious to her. 

"Amazing! You're improving already. I'm very proud of you. Now, on to the next word." The Canadian grinned at her student, encouraging her to give her the next word. Instead, she was met with yet another pause, one longer than the other ones had been, though similar in that Seulgi looked away from her and made a face as she seemed to think.

"It's not really a word. It's a phrase. A short one." The older broke her silence, Wendy's eyebrows raising at her friend's words. "That's fine too. What is it?" The teacher assured her student, wondering what was going through the other's head as silence once again fell over them. Instead of aiming her gaze aside, Seulgi hung her head this time, something Wendy hadn't seen her do much before. 

"I love you." Wendy's heart skipped a beat at the accented phrase the other had mumbled, her eyes widening as she tried to process exactly what happened. It took her a good few seconds before she gave her hurried reply. "Right, I should be able to help you with that." The Canadian said, praying her cheeks didn't look as hot as they felt to her. Seulgi's gaze had returned to her, catching her own, causing the younger to lose her ability to speak for a moment. "I love you." Wendy slowly uttered the phrase after casting her gaze aside, unable to look at her friend. 

Another silence, one in which the teacher wondered if maybe her student had caught her reaction to that particular phrase. Her heart was beating wildly as her gaze flickered around the room, landing anywhere but on the other female. She couldn't look at her, she was too afraid she would see what it did to her to hear those words from her crush. 

"I love you..." Seulgi repeated in a hushed tone after what seemed like hours to Wendy, it sounded good, much too good. "Right. Perfect. I think that's enough for today. If you have any more you want to learn, we can go on tomorrow." The Canadian spoke hurriedly, still refusing to look at her friend, instead pinning her gaze to her lap. 

"I love you." The words pulled at Wendy's heart, surprising her enough to force her to look at the other, who, to the younger's despair, was staring right at her. A sigh escaped the Canadian's lips after her breath had been caught in for a few seconds. "Seriously, Seulgi. It's perfect. But we'll continue tomorrow if--" Wendy started in what she feared to be a shaky tone, caused by the fear of exposure of her secret crush, but before she could finish, the older cut her off.

"I love you, Wendy." Seulgi spoke, a slight tremble in her voice, but her gaze strong and unmoving. Wendy felt like her heart stopped at that moment. Was she messing with her? Was she testing the phrase out? Did Wendy misunderstand what Seulgi meant, exactly? Doubt after doubt filled the younger's head as she stayed frozen, hanging open in disbelief. That was, until the older's expression became one of desperation and fear, pulling at Wendy's heart enough to wake her up from her trance. 

"Really?" Was the first word her brain allowed her to utter in response, Seulgi's eyes, never having left hers, softening visibly as she gave a small nod in response. Another pause, one that lasted an eternity in the older's mind, until Wendy broke into a smile. "I love you too, Seulgi." She responded, causing Seulgi to mirror her smile, a light giggle escaping Wendy as she looked at the other in adoration. 

She wasn't sure how exactly it happened, as it seemed to have passed in the blink of an eye. Seulgi's hands were cupping her cheeks, gently, her body leaning towards Wendy's, making sure to keep some distance, and her lips were pressed softly against the Canadian's. It only lasted for a second before the older pulled back, her cheeks, as well as the tips of her ears, tinted red, and a nervous grin pulling at her lips.

"Sorry, I just... I just thought--" Seulgi started before being silenced by the other's lips pressing against hers in return. "It's fine, just please do me a favor." The younger said, Seulgi's eyebrows raising in response. "Speak English more often. I love it." Wendy requested, earning a smile and a nod from the other. "Sure. I'll study hard, just for you."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

author's note: 

I apologize if the storyline is a bit vague, it is a oneshot after all and I did write this in the middle of the night. I haven't checked if I made any weird spelling or grammatical errors so if you come across any, I apologize for being so lazy. As for the story and particularly the end, I know it's sappy. Sorry about that. Whoops.
I may be writing more WenGi/SeulDy oneshots or fanfics in the future as I have more ideas that I haven't managed to start writing yet. If you enjoyed this one, please do tell me so I know I should try writing some more.
Thank you guys for reading and have a nice day.