fin

Let me sing you to sleep

Yongguk isn’t really vocal; he is more like a physic kind of guy – maybe that’s why he doesn’t talk that much not like his best friend with the same age, Kim Himchan, or even the loudest member of the group, Jung Daehyun. He doesn’t nag even though he is the oldest and the leader of the other five boys, yet the other still address him as the ‘father’ while Himchan takes the ‘mother’ part; he doesn’t really think the title suits him but then again he doesn’t complain and surely he gets along as the dad pretty well. Joining the producer team makes him learns how to lead and manage his fellow members better than before, he slowly understands why Himchan is so obsessed with his looks (even though he still thinks the other is overreacted) or why Daehyun likes to eat twice than other normal people – he really should learn from Daehyun because he loses weight too much this year, and so with other three members.

Sometimes, Yongguk thinks he needs to get more intimate with other. He feels like some members are kind of scared of him; Daehyun for the most obvious – hell, even the fans know it. Yongguk doesn’t hate Daehyun, he even silently admires that boy for being so handsome (he mentions it like thousands time during interviews and such) but at some point their characters clash and it is barely bearable to sit in a room consist of only they two. The other option is Junhong. Well, they know each other for quite long – he and Zelo debut one year earlier than B.A.P but the is too thick to ignore and sure he thinks certain boy has a couple of problems talking to him.

Despite of all his quietness Yongguk is a caring person – everyone notices this very well if they dig a little deeper and they’d find the major soft spot this manly looking guy has at many aspects; the fans also know, the members too – but Yongguk still prefers to not talk to others when he is about to do his charity. He doesn’t really like the spotlight and he thinks people should only know about him making good music than his society caring side. The man also shows this side of him toward other members; he won’t pick on Jongup when he sees him forgets to turn off the light, he’d silently come into the room, giving the guy a simple smile before switching off the electricity. Yongguk isn’t going to protest when Junhong skips breakfast, he will go to the kitchen, grabbing a bowl of cereal and a glass of milk before handing them to the youngest boy. He cares; but he just doesn’t speak that much.

Brain is also what Yongguk is proud of himself; he is pretty smart. He ranks the first in school for several times and he doesn’t really have problem studying foreign stuff even though English isn’t really familiar with him. He observes many things quickly and he loves watching people around him and that makes him be the first guy in B.A.P who knows each other’s personality more than their self. So many different characters he has learned but he is sure five of them make a pattern; which is leading Yongguk to the member who is practically jumping over here and there now, Yoo Youngjae – Yongguk narrows his eyes a little bit as he lands his eyes on the younger man. The oldest man is sure as hell about this fact; everybody loves Youngjae’s company, they literally want to spend their time with the guy with yellow bunny mascot; all four of them; from the oldest Kim Himchan to the youngest Junhong – deep inside his heart, Yongguk knows that he, the quiet and not-so talkative member, wants a piece of Yoo Youngjae.

For the most obvious, he has to start with another lead vocal in the group, Jung Daehyun – the boy is like glue to Youngjae, they are best friends and so inseparable even the fans have the special couple name for them; daejae – Yongguk doesn’t think he like this much but it’s okay since the fans see the closeness from these two boys. It was during their Crash promotion; Yongguk noticed the way Daehyun and Youngjae spend time with each other a little bit more than with other member – they both even intertwine their hands together in the end of the stage; that is slightly questionable for the leader because the other pairings didn’t do the same. At first, Yongguk thought it’s just him but surely he notices the way that Busan boy looks at the oblivious boy – and after that, the skin ship are too much – Daehyun would back-hug the younger from behind during practice and it cringes the hell out from the oldest man.

One day, Yongguk caught Daehyun pinching one of those chubby cheeks of Yoo Youngjae – they were watching a movie on Saturday night that time and Yongguk doesn’t know why he was distracted somehow by that. Daehyun smiled when Youngjae whined in protest and then Yongguk almost lost his eyeball when he saw the tanned man stealing a kiss on Youngjae’s cheek; he had a massive ‘what the ’ moment and searching for other member’s face to see their reaction; apparently everyone but him were looking straight at the screen and being the leader he was, he didn’t say anything.

During One Shot comeback, Yongguk found the two of them talking in the kitchen and they looked so lovey-dovey at each other – that’s when Yongguk thought he has to do something about it. He feels the need to ask one of them and he isn’t sure he can talk with Daehyun so he went to Youngjae instead; the younger guy was alone in his shared room with Daehyun at that time, Yongguk took his chance.  He didn’t expect the laugh on the other’s cute face, though. Maybe there’s something wrong with his question that makes Youngjae laughed so freely even though they were exhausted after performing non-stop that day.

“You ask me whether I date Daehyun or not?”

Yongguk still remembers how Youngjae sounded so surprised that night. The oldest member only shrugged as an answer and he saw Youngjae let out a nice giggle at that – Yongguk hates himself until now because how he admires the way Youngjae giggles, he looks so cute and oh God, what is wrong with him like seriously? But the younger didn’t give him the answer, instead he left the room while singing “Shy Boy” by Secret; Yongguk wondered why. Yongguk is so dense sometimes.

The ‘daejae’ couple has a rival when one day in the radio Youngjae stated about how much he and Junhong get along; it was when another ridiculous couple name came because Junhong and Youngjae destined to be a couple after a game – Yongguk only smiled when he saw those two boy making a love sign with their hands. He thought it was cute, but then Youngjae starts to get all touchy with the youngest member of the group and it doesn’t blow Yongguk’s boat especially when Junhong said once in a radio that Youngjae likes to kiss his cheek.

Youngjae is a tease – nobody denies it, even with their fans, the boy knows how to flirt with girls and sometimes Himchan will compete with him; they are so silly, Yongguk says. Speaking of Himchan, he actually has lot things in common with Youngjae – they are getting ‘mom’ title after all, and both are pretty sassy when it comes to arguments. Sometimes they bicker at each other, sometimes they are hugging the other from behind – cute, but Yongguk doesn’t really like it these days. Too much. Too many skinships. Youngjae is supposed to stick with Daehyun only, that is something Yongguk can tolerate because well, so-call daejae (a daejae is a thing like bacon and eggs, they can be separate, like ever – even if they hate each other) but Himchan and Youngjae? No. It’s even worse than Youngjae and Zelo.

Thankfully, Jongup isn’t like the other members but still he is pretty close with Youngjae, or Youngjae is just close with everyone in the group. Oh, God…

“What is your problem, hyung?!” Yongguk’s mind is somehow stopped flying around things when he hears Junhong’s whine and the laughing-Youngjae is there beside him. “I don’t like it when your kissing is too much.” Junhong glares at the so-called brain of the group while Yongguk decides to act like the leader he is. He approaches the two members and looks at the magnae with such concern in his eyes – despite how much he hates those stupid kisses and envies the taller but younger guy for getting too much affection from Youngjae, he, after all, has soft spot on Junhong.

“What is it, Junhong?”

“Youngjae hyung kissed me again and I don’t appreciate it!” Yongguk looks at Youngjae now, the guy rolls his eyes and then shrugs. “It looks like he really does like men!”

“Junhong, don’t say like that.” Yongguk warns the younger gently even though he is still stealing the view from the other boy, Youngjae is pouting. “Youngjae,” he calls and Youngjae looks up – those puppy eyes are distracting and they make Yongguk a little bit off for a moment before he clears his throat nervously. “I need to talk to you.”

“Oh, okay.” The young man states as he makes fun of Junhong a little more and it gains so many laughter from people around them; the stylist, make-up coordi, even cameramen. Yongguk leads the way to the next room, the empty one – thank Lord, because Daehyun will be there in daily basis, the room is a small room where the staffs put the foods. “So what is it, hyung? Wanna scold me because of Junhong?”

“No.”

“No?” The younger of the two then his lower lip, Yongguk watches the way it goes, in a really slow motion because his brain creates its own scene. “Well?” He waits but sounds so demanding to Yongguk’s liking – Youngjae never knows the virtue of being patience and everyone knows Yongguk isn’t good with rushing things. Especially talking, not his best strength.

Clearing his throat, attempting to be calm but somehow he catches the smirk on Youngjae’s face which only brings him to conclusion that the vocalist knows how damn nervous he is. “You know, you can just stop teasing him.” He starts and Youngjae listens well, he doesn’t answer though and Yongguk knows he has to come with other words. “I mean he’s not a kid, Youngjae.”

“I don’t want to stop.”

Yongguk blinks his eyes in confusion. What does Youngjae mean? Does he object? Youngjae never objects before? Why. Why now?

The lead vocal of the group then frowns. “If I stop then whose face can I shower with my kisses?” Yongguk isn’t so sure of what he’s heard. “I like kissing people and I want to help Junhong since he’s innocent and not knowing about this dating thing but now I guess I don’t have to. He sure has known enough.” Youngjae elaborates. “Now who will I kiss if you ban me from doing so to him?!”

Yongguk finds himself so stupid now for not being able finding even a single word. “Umm, Daehyun?” Youngjae rolls his eyes, well, at least he comes out with a name right?

“Are you kidding me? I don’t want to kiss his face, no, ew.” He makes a face. Yongguk blinks again, he is so confused – Daehyun and Youngjae are dating, right? Then why won’t Youngjae kiss him – he thinks he might fail as a leader of only five heads.  “Wait, don’t tell me you still believe I’m dating Daehyun?” Youngjae waits, Youngjae stays still. “Oh my god you actially still believe it.”

“I—“

Hyung, I don’t date Daehyun.” Youngjae confesses with a gleeful smile on his face.

“You are…”

“No.” Youngjae laughs. “Not because I don’t find guys hot because that’d be a lie.” He winks and Yongguk thinks his eyes play a trick on him. “Don’t worry about Junhong, I will not like him. He’s just… like a little brother to me, beside that… I’m waiting for someone.”

“Huh?”

Youngjae suddenly sighs and looks so desperate. “I like somebody, hyung.”

“Oh.”

Youngjae steps a little closer and Yongguk gulps. He looks like he’s thinking of something before sighing again. “I don’t even know why I even try.” And then he makes his way to get out of the room, just to come back again to Yongguk’s direction and completely erases their distance to place a soft peck on the leader’s lips.

Youngjae is dying inside.

And outside.

And burning.

And flying.

And then get lost in the funny feeling on his stomach because of—

—Youngjae kisses him.

On the lips.

And then he smiles really beautifully when the simple kiss is done.

“Next time how about telling me directly when you get jealous, hyung. It’s kind of obvious.”

Yongguk only smiles back because honestly there’s nothing else he can do when Youngjae’s face is this close to his.

“And because you are so slow I make things a lot easier to you; yes, I like you, and yes, I want to date you.”

Yongguk isn’t vocal so he doesn’t say anything back but he grabs the younger man just to meet their lips together again; he is indeed a physic in the very end.