ONE

Rooftop Deals

Baekhyun stood on the rooftop of an old derelict building, waiting. He was contemplating leaving; no one ever made Byun Baekhyun wait. For some reason, though, he decided to stay. Recently, his life had been swept of all excitement, and he was getting bored. The only reason he had arranged this ‘meeting’ was because his boredom, and possibly his curiosity, had led him to her.

Suddenly, she was there, appearing smoothly from the staircase and onto the rooftop, almost as if she was gliding. Baekhyun eyed her slowly; she seemed rather collected but her chest heaved slightly from under her dark coat, suggesting she had rushed. He looked her over again; he had chosen his player well. She did look rather stunning in the early morning light.

Her eyes glared into his. She was only slightly annoyed that he had requested such a ridiculous location and such a ridiculous and specific time. And now, all he was doing was eying her.

Baekhyun looked away from her and over at the hazy city. Everything was still at this time, all apart from the sky, which turned from purple to pink and to orange. He was a rather theatrical person, he must admit, always looking for the perfect scenes and backdrops.

“Jaehee” he called, testing her name on his tongue. She took only one step closer to him, then stopped. “Didn’t you know” he continued “that no one would dare to make me wait?” Jaehee scoffed immediately as the words left his mouth.

“My deepest apologies” she replied sarcastically.

“I don’t forgive you” he told her as he turned, now facing her. His hair was swept up with the wind, showing his delicate features that didn’t quite suit the way he talked.

“I can’t be bothered with your bull, Baekhyun” Jaehee was getting irritated with this man now. There were plenty of other things she could be doing at this time in the morning.

“You’re no fun” he laughed. His fingers tapped gently on the railing. He hummed to himself for a moment, thinking about something “but, you do have something I want”

Jaehee sighed heavily. Truthfully, she hadn’t a clue why she was here, or why Baekhyun had requested her. Now, she suspected he wanted to make a deal. Jaehee didn’t possess any valuable item that Baekhyun may have wanted, but then she had an idea that it wasn’t an item he needed.

She hummed in agreement, waiting for him to continue. Baekhyun moved closer towards her slowly. With each step she wanted to move further away, but stayed routed to her spot. He picked up her hand in his, admiring the ring she wore for a split second before looking up into her eyes.

“Don’t you want to help me?” he asked her, softly. His moods changed unpredictably. “It’ll be fun” Baekhyun cooed into her ear, hypnotising her with his voice. He brought her closer towards his body and smiled at her. Jaehee laughed airily, and nodded her head once. Deal.