Une: The town by the sea

The Tower of Eden
B96xcO8.png
"The town by the sea"
"Be careful kiddo," an old woman about the age of seventy calls out to Baekhyun, fine lines are prominent on her face as she tries to muster a smile to the slender boy who was standing beside the doorway. "I got it Granny" he replied.

The chilly air was strong, very strong, as Baekhyun commented. It was so strong that he was forced to wear three layers of shirt and a thick jacket. He sighed. The street was eerily quiet, every footstep--from tip-toes to heavy steps clatter in the wide cement road. "We will have cloudy skies paired with strong winds due to the typhoon that is nearing Level 71," the voice in the hologram states showing the typhoon track. 

In the quiet coastal town of Shiganshina, it is very uncommon for them to experience weather disturbances. In fact, this is the first time that this happened since he was born at Level 70.

The place is well known for their great beaches, luxurious resorts and a world-class music school which is the famed Shinganshina School of Music. Most of the people who are in level 70 are famous instrumentalists and classical opera singers. Although they are similar to that of level 77, the people here despise pop music and it is strictly forbidden to play such kind of music publicly.

He finally arrived at school, it was still early so there were only quite a few who were at the building.

"Baek!" a familiar voice greeted him with delight. Chen was Baekhyun's best friend, almost everything that they like are the same except for the fact that Baekhyun fancies the prohibited pop music and that he really likes Chanyeol, a famous artist in level 77 while Chen likes with ancient terran music.

A holographic pop-up message appears abruptly at the two stating that it is time for the morning prayers. "ID#6079SSM:Byun,Baekhyun and ID#6082SSM:Kim,Jongdae; Please turn to your left and look up in a 90 degree angle, the temple should be in that exact point," the robot toned voice announces "Now, quietly mention your prayers," the system adds. 

The two boys stared at the blue star hovering above them, the royal temple of Eden. After the prayers, the blue rays of the star slowly faded and disappeared like it was never there. "Jongdae...pfft" the brown-eyed boy teases Chen."Hey stop that!" his mood changes "Call me Chen, it sounds cooler m'kay?"

"Yeah, whatever."

~~~

Baekhyun isn't surprised that their last day at the music school is just like the boring days he had here. He cringes to the thought that tomorrow would be the choosing ceremonies in which he is really against with.

The event may sound nice and free but actually it means that the grande system will choose which path would be better for them, to stay here or to go somewhere else.

He may like the fact that he has a chance to move to another place but it would also mean that he must leave his grandmother, his one and only family.

~~~

Baekhyun's alarm clock rang early as it was the dawn of a new day. The breeze is light and the sun is shining at its peak. The leaves were moist from the morning dew and he noticed that the neighborhood is quite busy today. He realized that it was the day of the choosing ceremonies.

The boy rushed to his bedroom only to find all of his clothes laid already at the top of his bed, he smiles at the thought of his caring grandmother doing all these things for him.

At the strike of twelve, the graduates, including Baekhyun, lined up in the front of the town stadium as the grande system will choose their appointed paths.

The stadium was an open field in front of the Palace of Shiganshina, a large blue tower plated with glass that glows at the reflection of the light. He marveled at its glory as it stretches out to the heavens above. 

"All hail the daughter of the blue star!" the royal spokesperson announces at the crowd valliantly.

The people, old and young, kneeled and bowed their heads to pay respect to the grand system, Sonyeul, an avatar in the form of girl with a stunning white hair and a pair of innocent blue eyes. Her facial features were that of a young adolescent teenager but the way she speaks was completely opposite to her imagery.  

"Kim Jongdae..." she calls the graduates' attention "...you will be staying here to teach at the school." Chen felt some sort of relief as Sonyeul finished her statement, he really can't bear to leave his little brothers who are depending on him. 

"Byun Baekhyun..." the girl's stare was very eerie and something inside him felt that something gonna happen "... you will leave and work on level 77." He was happy but at the same sad by the fact that he will be leaving his precious grandmother alone.  

A bittersweet choice. ❞

yo reader~nims i hope you like the first chapter T^T i will work hard to update this real soon~ be sure to comment cause it makes me wanna right hehe~ x authornim

p.s sorry for the new vocabs tho cause this is a half romance half sci-fi fic lol please bear with me bai ~(*O*)~ 

gsPXueB.png