End

Special

A/N:  Waaaaaaaaahhh!!! I'm sorry for the late post. :( I'm supposed to post it yesterday but I accidentally closed my tabs and I wasn't able to save it so I had to rewrite it again. orz I'm apologizing in advane if this is  a fail T-T Well, this is it. Enjoy! :) 
 

 "Umma, this sweater is so itchy!" complained the 9 year old Jinki, while sitting in the front seat of their car beside his mother

 

The skin on Jinki's neck are now visibly color red because of all the scratching Jinki has been doing. "Jinki-ah, stop scartching it!" Jinki's mother swatted his hands 

 

"But umma it's just soooooooooo itchy!!!!!" Jinki complained, now more irritated. 

 

"Now now, Jinki-ah it's christmas don't be a naughty boy otherwise Santa won't bring you any presents tonight" his umma stated while her eyes are still glued to the road "and besides, your the one that insisted on wearing that sweater" His mother looked at him side ways, to make Jinki realize that it's his decision to wear that itchy sweater. 

 

Jinki let out a sigh when he realized that it's his fault, he in fact did pursuade his mother to let him wear this itchy sweater. Not only because it had a cute fox design on it, but it is also an added fact that it was Kibum's gift to him last christmas. 

 

So instead of complaining, he just looked outside the window of their car. 

 

Jinki and his mother are now on their way to the Kim's residence, it's been their tradition (ever since Jinki's father died) that they would spend Christmas Day with the Kim family. Not like Jinki would complain, ofcourse he loved the fact  that he would spend christmas together with Kibum. 

 

The streets were covered with snow and the radio is playing all Christmas Jingles that Jinki's been hearing for the past few days. People outside are all bundled up with scarfs and jackets while carrying various size of presents. 

 

Seeing those gifts made Jinki realized that he doesn't have any gift for Kibum. Sure his mother had already provided a gift for Kibum, but Jinki wanted to give Kibum a gift that he bought himself. He wanted it to be it from his own money. He wanted it to be special, because Kibum is special to him. 

 

And just in time, Jinki saw the candy shop Kibum and him frequently went to. So without furtherado, he asked his mother to stop by the shop.

 

"Jinki, what's this for? Are going to buy candy? You know your teeth will hurt if you eat too much candy" Jinki's mother asked while parking at the front of the chocolate shop.

 

 "No Umma, I'm buying Kibummie a present"

 

"A present? Haven't we already got one for him?"

 

"Noooo~ That's your present for him, I want to buy him a present from my money. I bought my savings, here see?" Jinki held out his little coin purse that contained his savings from the lunch money his mother gave him.

 

 "Oh well, I'll just wait for you here. But please hurry up we're going to be late"

 

"Yes umma!" Jinki smiled happily and skipped out of the car

 


 

Jinki quickly entered the shop and went to the shelf that held what he wanted. And with his tippy toes he reached for it, and immedietly went to the cashier to check it out. 

 

"Well hello there young fellow" greeted the old man that was behind the cashier

 

"Hello. Merry Christmas!" Jinki greeted with a cute smile "This please, and do you mind putting it inside that red box over there?" he pointed to the small velvet box with a pink bow perched on top

 

"Why ofcourse, is this a present for your mom?" asked the old man while taking care of Jinki's purchase

 

"Um.. no. It's for my friend." Jinki said while counting the money he had with him

 

"Well it seems like he's very special" the old man commented while carefully wrapping the box with the pink bow

 

 "He is" Jinki smiled after counting all the money he has was just enough to pay for the present. "And infact, I'm gonna marry him!" Jinki said with even more enthusiam than before.

 

The old man can't help to be surprised by Jinki, but the sweet smile that grazed Jinki's lips melted his heart.

 

He remembered seeing Jinki from the day before, he was with another boy, a boy that looked younger than him. That must be the "friend" Jinki is talking about. He also saw the way Jinki looked at the younger boy that was with him, it was the same look he had when he sees his wife. It's the look others may refer to as the look of love. The old man can't help the smile that formed on his lips, love may come in different forms but nevertheless it's still love. 

 

 The old man gave what Jinki bought, but as the little boy was about to give him the money the old man stopped him. "No darling, It's on the house." The old man smiled. "Treat it as my gift to you and your friend."

 

"But I want to buy him a gift from my own money"

 

The way Jinki insisted on paying made the old man laugh

 

"Well, aren't you gonna marry him? You better start saving now! Take this as my early wedding gift to you and.. what's your friend's name?"

 

"Kibum"
 

"Take this as my early wedding gift to you and Kibum. And take that money and save it up for your wedding"  The old man said

 

What the old man said made Jinki think, if he will marry Kibum someday he should start saving. Normal 9 year old boys would save money to buy a bike or a new toy, but Jinki was different. He had Kibum in his life, while other boys didn't. At such a young age, Jinki had already devoted himself in making Kibum happy.

 

After a long debate with himself on whether he would accept the old man's  offer, little Jinki finally made a decision. He slowly pick the money that he had placed on the cashier table and reached for the old man's hand.

 

Jinki placed the money he had save in the palm of the old man and said "Thank you for the offer, but I would like pay my present for Kibum with my own money" Jinki mustered all the seriousness he's little body have to convey his message to the old man. 

 

Jinki had decided that if he wanted to be a good husband for Kibum, he should be responsible. Sure, it's nice to recieve this as a gift but he really wanted to buy Kibum something from his own money. Well, he can save for their wedding next time. Jinki silently promised himself that he would save up enough money to give all Kibum what he needed and wanted. 

  

The stern expression Jinki had on his face made the old man laugh.

"Well you really are somethig young lad. If you insist. Thank you for paying Sir" The old man's smile never left his lips

 

Jinki gripped the handle of the paper bag that contained his present for Kibum but as he started to leave,  but the old man stopped him. 

 

"Wait right here" the old man said as he made his way to a shelf behind the cashie table that held a vase full of red roses. The old man picked one and gave it to Jinki 

 

"I know you didn't accept my offer earlier, but please take this. I know your friend would really love this" stated by the old man 

 

Jinki admired the rose in his little hand.  "Thank you very much ajusshi~ It really is beautiful, I'm sure Kibummie will like this. I'll be going now" Jinki said with a smile on his face 

 

But he was stopped by the old man again, "Wait before you go, let's fix your hair. You don't want Kibum to see you looking like that do you?" asked the old man 

 

Jinki looked at his reflection by the glass door, he really does look like a mess. He's hair is hair is sticking out in different ways and his itchy sweater is not slightly wrinkled. 

 

"Come here" told the old man and Jinki made his way to come near him. The old man quickly fixed his hair and straighten out the wrinkled area of his sweater. 

 

Now, Jinki looks ready. 

 

"There. Good as new. Now now, move along little lad. You don't want to be late do ya?" The old man smiled and winked at Jinki

 

"Thank you for everything ajusshi. My name is Jinki, by the way" Jinki held out his hand as a gesture for hand shake 

 

The old man took his hand "Well, nice to meet you Jinki and you're welcome" 

 

"Well, I'll be going now. Thank you again and Merry Christmas ajusshi!" Jinki head to the door and before he exits he smiled warmly at the old man anf waved goodbye 

 

"Goodluck my boy, I hope everything goes well. Merry Christmas" the old man waved by at the young boy. 

 

Once outside, Jinki quickly entered their car where his mother was waiting for him

 

"Well that took a long time." commented by his mother 

 

"The old man chatted with me for a minute" explained Jinki 

 

"Aren't you a friendly little bee, and wow you fixed your hair." His mother was really surprised, Jinki's hair wasn't sticking out from different direction anymore. It was combed to the side. He realli looks handsome

 

"The old man did this for me. Do I look handsome?" asked Jinki while smiling at his mother.

 

His mother can't deny the fact that Jinki really looks like his father when he smiles.  Tears started to form in her eyes, but she manged to hold it in. "Yes you do honey. You really look handsome. I wish I could thank that ajusshi for doing this. Can you come to this store eveyday so he could fix your hair?" His umma joked. 

 

Jinki laughed at his mother's silliness. "Don't worry umma. I've already thanked him" 

 

"Well then, got everything you need? You already have a present for Kibum?" his umma asked him while starting the car 

 

"Neh! Let's go!" Jinki replied cheerfuly as they made way to the Kim residence. 

 


 

*Knock Knock*

 

Jinki and his umma were welcomed by Kibum's mother. 

 

"Hi! We've been waiting for you guys." greeted by Kibum's umma 

 

"Well, Jinki had to buy something and it took a little time. I'm sorry are we late?" asked Jink's mother, worry starting to creep upon her. 

 

"Oh no it's ok. You're just in time" Kibum's mother replied, trying to assure her friend. "Merry Christmas by the way" She hugged Jinki's umma and Jinki 

"Come in, it's cold out there" said by Kibum's Umma. 

Upon entering Kibum's umma noticed Jinki's look for the day 

"My my you look really handsome today Jinki-ah" commented by Kibum's mother 

Jinki smiled flattered by his auntie's comment "Thank you very much Auntie. May I ask where is Kibummie?" 

"Kibum-ah! Jinki sshi is already here!" Called by Kibum's mother 

Light step are heard from the stairs, and before you know it Kibum's already beside Jinki

"HYUNG! You're here!" Exclaimed by little Kibum and instantly hugged his hyung
Jinki laughed at Kibum's sillyness and hugged Kibum back. 

"Now, Kibum-ah what would you say to your auntie? 


Kibum let go of Jinki and faced Jinki's mother "Annyeong Auntie. Merry Christmas" Kibum said and made a little heart shape by his hands

Jinki's mother was amused by Kibum's playfulness "Merry Christmas to you too Kibum-sshi. You look really cute today" 

"Thank you auntie" Kibum replied with a smile, he then faced his mother "Umma can Jinki-hyung and I go to my room? I wanna show him something" 

"Of course you can, I'll just call you when the food is ready arraso?" Replied by his mother 

"Neh! Come on hyung!" Kibum quickly grabbed Jinki's hand and headed upstairs. The gift he got for Kibum still in his little hands.

 

Upon entering Kibum's room the younger quickly let go of his hyung's hand and proceeded to his study table

Jinki didn't really saw what Kibum took from the table for the younger quickly hid it from his back then approached Jinki 


"Uhm.. I got you something hyung.. But it's really not much but I tried my best in doing this" Kibum said while looking down but Jinki saw how Kibum's face turned as red as Rudolf's nose

"so hyung.. I hope you like this" Kibum held a card in front of Jinki 

Jinki took it in his hands and saw the MERRY CHRISTMAS HYUNG!!!!" written in Kibum's hand writing and a drawing of santa claus

When he opened the card he instantly saw a picture of him and Kibum. It was taken when they were playing in the sandbox by the playground. Jinki remembered that before this picture was taken, he and Kibum were playing Prince and Princess. Where Jinki was the prince and Kibum's the princess he had to save from the evil dragon. It was one of his favorite days with Kibum.

On the other side of the card, there lies a letter written by Kibum it was even designed by stickers of his two dogs Comme Des and Garcons 


"MERRY CHRISTMAS HYUNG! 

I'm sorry I didn't got you anything but i did this! hahaha ^^ 

I hope you like it hyung, I tried my best in doing this I even put stickers of Comme Des and Garcos! Aren't they cute? ^^

Hyung, Thank you for playing with me. I know sometime I become bratty but you still love right? hehehe  

Thank you also for being the best hyung ever! Don't ever leave me arasso? 

I love you hyung! Merry Christmas again ^^ 

-Bummie
"

 

Jinki was speechless after reading the letter, Kibum miread Jinki's expression and started to get worry "Y-you don't like it hyung? I'm so-"

But before Kibum could finish what he is saying, Jinki enveloped him in a tight hug "Thank you Kibummie. I love it." 

"Y-yah! I thought you didn't like it!" Kibum complained but remained in his hyung's hug, indulging himself in the warmth coming from the olwder 

"Why wouldn't I like it? My Kibummie made it" Jinki commented trying to tease Kibum 

"My Kibummie" It replayed in Kibum head as many times as it could until Jinki pulled away

"Now, let me give my gift to you" Jinki said with a smile, both hands behindi his back holding the paper bag that contained Kibum's gift 

 

"Here" The older said as he held the small paper bag in front of Kibum. Kibum took the paper bag from hi hyung's hand, he instantly sa the rose that was inside the paper bag. He took it and admired its beauty "Wow, this is so pretty hyung" Kibum said eyes still glued to the rose 

"Wait, there's more." Jinki said and Kibum ut the rose aside and proceed in looking inside the bag. He saw the small box and took it, he slowly removed the pink bow that tied the box and removed its lid. 

What he saw surprised him, it was the chocolate bunny he had shown Jinki yesterday when they went to a Candy Shop

 


 

THE DAY BEFORE

 

Jinki and Kibum stood outside the local candy shop, both have their faces pressed against the window as they observe the different treats their little eyes could see. 

 

"Hyung! Look over there!" said the smaller boy with the feline eyes. 

 

"Where?" Jinki asked while trying his best to search for the thing Kibum was saying

 

"Over there! Beside that big red box!" the younger one tried to stand on his tippy toes and pointed to the place where he wants his hyung to look "There~~~~ That's the one I was telling about!!"

 

"Bummie, I can't see because that fat lady is blocking it!" complained the older one while crossing his arms and pouting his lips

 

It's only a day before Christmas and the candy shop is full of people wanting to make a last minute shopping of treats that could be used as a gift or be put inside Christmas stockings

 

Seeing that his hyung in now throwing a fit, Kibum let out a sigh and  tugged on his  hyung's sleeves and pulled him inside the store. Jinki was startled by the younger's action that he just let Kibum pull him. 

 

Once inside, Kibum moved passed all the people that are frantically moving and grabbing every chocolate and candy they could while pulling a still clueless Jinki. The younger went to the corner where a big shelf holding different kinds of chocolates are seen.

 

"There, hyung! That's the one!" Kibum pointed towards the upper part of the shelf

 

Jinki looked up and saw a small figure of a rabbit made in chocolate 

 

"That's the thing you're talking about?" Jinki looked skeptically at the younger 

Kibum just nodded with a little smile that showed his dimples and makes the things in Jinki's stomach flutter 

 

Before Jinki could say anthing, Kibum looked up at the chocolate rabbit again and said "The one who'll give that chocolate is the one I will marry." another smile formed in his little plump lips.

 

"But Bummie, why?" Jinki asked not really understanding Kibum's logic. 

 

"Because chocolates are yummy and rabbits are cute, and they make me really happy. Mommy said that someday, I should marry the one that will make me really happy. If someone gave that chocolate I would be really really reaaaaally happy, isn't that a sign that I should marry them?" Kibum explained as he try to make his hyung understand. 

 

But instead of listening, Jinki just stared at Kibum and admired the younger. In his 9 years of existence, by far Kibum is the prettiest boy he had ever seen. Sometimes, he even thought Kibum is more beautiful than his own mother, but ofcourse he would never say that out loud.  He admired how Kibum's eyes would sparkle when he speaks, how Kibum's little dimples show when he is really happy and how Kibum's plump lips look so soft that sometimes he need to stop himself from touching it. 

 

Jinki couldn't help the warmth that emitted from the his hand that was still in Kibum's grasp, he never let go of his hyung's hand. Jinki just indulged himself with warmth of Kibum. 

 

"..hyung? Yah Hyung?! HYUNG!!!!!!!"Jinki was snapped out of his trance when he heard Kibum's voice, calling out to him.

 

N-neh? Bummie? the older asked showing a shy smile, trying to hide the fact that he's embarrassed Kibum let out a small sigh, shaking his small head and acting like he's the older of the two 

 

"Nevermind hyung, come on let's just go back maybe umma's looking for us" Jinki just nod back to Kibum. 

 

But before they exited the shop, Jinki gave one last look at the chocolate bunny. 

 


 

"H-hyung this is..." Kibum said in lost for words 

"Yes Bummie that the one you're talking about" Jinki said with a bright smile 

Kibum couln't express how happy he is tears started to flow from his feline eyes. Jinki was shocked by Kibum's reaction that he hugged the younger once again, rubbing circles on his back to calm him  "Y-yah Bummie did I do something wrong?"asked Jinki 

"Anni~" Kibum replied while wiping his eyes "I'm just really happy. Thank you hyung" Kibum put the box on his table and hugged Jinki 

"Really?" the older asked Kibum 

"Yes" Kibum said with a smile 

"Does this mean I can marry you someday?" Jinki asked, palms slightly sweating, nervous of what will Kibum's answer will be

"Ofcourse you can hyung! I'm yours" Kibum replied burying his face in Jinki's chest 

Jinki held out his hand and raised his pinky finger "Promise?"

Kibum moved and held his hand out and laced his pinky with Jinki's "Promise" Kibum replied with a smile 

The rest of the evening continued with Jinki and Kibum spending Christmas with their family, the chocolate bunny now inside both of their tummies and their promise kept inside their hearts.