My Girls

My Girls - Myungsoo

Crickets gently sung their songs under the blanket of stars the hung over head, soft moonlight bled through the frame of the closed window, lighting up two bodies that cuddled in a single bed. A pair of arms wrapped around your waist, while your husband’s warm breath spill over your hair, with one of your legs wrapped around one of his you felt his heart beat through his chest while your heart happily beat next to his. The calm night soon changed as a needy cry rang through the small two bedroom apartment, your tired eyes fluttered open feeling Myungsoo’s arms protectively around you.

Sitting up slowly, you carefully unwrapped his arms from around you so you could tend to your little one that was calling out for help. Glancing over at the clock beside your bed sitting next to the baby monitor, you read the florescent green numbers.

2:17 am

Shifting your weight to the edge of the bed, you pulled down your tank top that was showing a little skin. Rubbing your eyes, you turned around and pulled the covers back over your husband before your fingers ran through your hair. Padding over to the slightly closed door, you pulled it open just enough for you to slip through and headed across the hall to your baby girls’ room.

Twisting the brushed silver door handle, the white door sung open making the urgent cry louder. Suddenly, you were fully awake and moved over to the side of the crib and rested your hands on the railing of the black crib. Peering down and seeing her little balled fists on either side of her face, her eyes were clenched shut while tears fell from the sides of her cheeks. Her knees were pulled up against her stomach while her little body shook with her open mouth cries while her face contorted with sadness.

"Kenna" You cooed, reaching down for her and her cute light pink romper.

Wrapping your hands around her shaking torso, you lifted her up as she held up her head as her large tears ran down her face. Moving her into your arms, you rested her head by your elbow as her back pressed against the length of your arm, you took your free hand and brushed her tears away from her reddened face.

"What’s the matter, pretty baby?" You cooed, gently bouncing with her to try and soothe her. Her cries slightly started to soften as your warm skin brushed against hers, watching her for a moment you patted her back gently trying to soothe her whimpering cries. Turning her head with her black hairs standing proudly on her head, she gripped your tank top with her small fingers while a soft whine left her parted lips giving you the hint that she was hungry.

Walking over to the rocking chair next to her bed, you pulled a light black and pink spotted blanket around her and covered yourself as you pulled the chain of the lamp beside you letting the soft yellow light fill the darkened room around you.

Kenna’s tears gently subsided once she started feeding, watching your sweet baby girl, you brushed the backs of your fingers over her large cheeks brushing away some of the spilled tears. Slowly moving your eyes over her small figure, admiring her features that reflected a perfect mix of your husband’s and your looks.

The silence was getting to Myungsoo as he stirred and rolled over, his sleepy hands sliding over your spot on the bed looking for you blindly before his fingers brushed over the cool sheets. Not finding you, his heart started to beat a bit faster, opening his eyes to his dark surroundings he looked over at your side of the bed.

"Babe?" Myungsoo called into the night air sitting up while his muscles tensed leaning on his arms while he propped himself up.

Finding your side of the bed slightly messed up, he stood up and started to look around the room for you before he heard something over the baby monitor, that sat on your nightstand. Shuffling over to your side of the bed, he sat down and grabbed the monitor as he held it between his hands.

Listening to you talk to the baby, his heart started to swell causing a smile to pull on his lips as he kept on listening to you until he heard the most beautiful sound of all, your soft singing.

Setting the monitor down on your side table, he stood up and walked over to the partially opened door, pushing the door open wider he moved through the door as you angelic voice started to get louder.

A smile couldn’t move from his face while his steps started to slow once he reached the door frame of his daughter’s room. Myungsoo’s eyes fell on you cradling Kenna while her small head rested on your shoulder rocking back and forth in the rocking chair. A smile grew on his face seeing your grey tank top and his black boxers hanging off of your hips, your slightly messed up hair hanging over one shoulder as one of your hands rubbed your daughter’s back soothingly.

Leaning his head against the door frame, Myungsoo couldn’t help but smile brighter hearing your soft song to his little princess. Kenna’s soft whines and hums slipped from her small pink lips while her small, fragile body relaxed against yours as the light blanket wrapped around her torso keeping her nice and warm to lull her to sleep.

"You two are so beautiful" Myungsoo whispered, catching your attention causing you to look up at him.

"What are you doing up?" You whispered back while your eyes watched him move from leaning against the door frame and walk over slowly to you.

"You know I can’t sleep when you aren’t next to me" He whispered as a blush starts to crawl on his cheeks before he stood next to you and kissed the top of your head. "Is our princess okay?"

"Just a little hungry" You whispered looking up at him with a gentle smile. nodding his head.

"I’ll get her to bed if you want to go back and sleep" Myungsoo ran his fingers down your hair watching your eyes droop slightly from lack of sleep.

"If you really want to" You looked up at him, seeing his fatherly smile and the gentle nod of his head, you carefully stood up and shuffled Kenna to his arms making sure not to wake her.

Supporting her head with care, he turned her small body towards his as she started to move a little before relaxing against his body. The smile on his lips just got wider while you watched him slightly bounce on his toes trying to rock Kenna to sleep.

Myungsoo gazed down at his little princess, her eyes fighting to stay open before they started to close slowly. Moving his fingers over her smaller ones, Kenna’s fingers gently wrapped around his forefinger, his thumb brushed against hers while her lips gently brushed against each other.

"Goodnight Princess" He whispers slowly leaning down and pressing his lips on her forehead.

Steadily, he walked over to the edge of her crib and lifted her up and slowly placed her down in her crib. With her fingers still gripping his finger tightly, he leaned down and kissed her small fingers before he slipped his finger out of hers. Turning his head, he saw you by the door as he smiled at you tiredly before walking over to you.

"How about we get you to bed too, hrmmm?" He whispered, his fingers brushing against your hand before his fingers wrapped around yours. Nodding tiredly, you couldn’t argue with him while your eyes started to have a hard time remaining open.

Feeling his arms wrap around your waist, he effortlessly lifted you up onto his hip as his arm held you against him. Carrying you out of the room, he closed Kenna’s door to her room behind you before he pet your hair and carried you to your shared room.

The warmth of your breath spilled over his exposed neck as it got slower and slower, your arms looped around his shoulders while your legs dangled on either side of his body. Pushing the master bedroom door open, he closed it behind the two of you before making his way over to the Queen bed.

Easing himself down on the bed first, he carefully laid down and shifted you so your head was on his chest rather than on his shoulders. Rubbing your back gently, he could feel you slightly tense from the new position before you relaxed and let out a soft hum. Bringing the covers over the top of the two of you, he leaned down and pressed his lips against your hair and gave you a sweet kiss.

"Sweet dreams jagiya" He whispered before he rubbed your back softly and started to sing the same lullaby you were singing earlier to Kenna.

With time, the sweet song turned into a hum then the room fell silent as Myungsoo fell fast asleep too. Peacefully sleeping, Myungsoo couldn’t shake how cute the two of you were together, not understanding how the two people he loved with all of his heart could be so perfect.