Exchange of notes

Letters

“Do I really need to do this?” Jaekyung asked as she looks over to the stage as a group of students were dancing for the Talent Show.

“Please Jaekyung? Don’t worry. The university is so big, I’m sure he won’t see you after.” RiSeu said as she gave the letter to Jaekyung.

“If the school is big, why won’t you be the one to give it to him?”

“Because I’m shy.” RiSeu cling to her and gave again the letter. “Please Jaekyung?”

Jaekyung reluctantly gets the letter and nod. “Fine! Who’s he again?”

“Red jacket with a number 7 at the back.” RiSeu cheer up as both of them walks out from the crowd.

 

 

It was already seven in the evening,  Jaekyung was waiting outside the university gate. She’s waiting for a specific person, a guy wearing a red jacket with a number 7 as how RiSeu instructed to her. She’ll be giving the letter today before she might forget it.

Just as she was listening to some music from her ipod, a guy wearing a red jacket came out and walk pass her. Jaekyung immediately run to the person and grab the jacket.

“Excuse me!” Jaekyung said and double check again the color and number of the jacket. “Finally! This is for you.” She said and handed him the letter.

“What is this?” The guy asked as he gets the letter.

“A letter? Never seen one?” Jaekyung answered the guy with sarcasm. “Anyway, read it when you get home.”

“Bu---,” but before the guy can ask her name, Jaekyung immediately turns her back and run for the bus that just stop.

 

_____________________________________________________

“You have an admirer then?” LuHan asked as they read the letter that was given to Kai a while ago.

“I don’t know if she’s an admirer or what, she just gave me that and immediately turns her back from me and run to the bus stop.” Kai said as he gets the letter from his hyung.

“Maybe she was too shy that she walks away? Admirers are like that.” Kyungsoo pointed out.

“He answered me with sarcasm.” Kai pointed out.

“Was she pretty hyung?” Sehun asked as he gets the letter from Kai.

“Well, she is. I think she’s part of the varsity in the university since she’s on jersey and messy bun.” Kai replied.

Before sleeping, Kai went to LuHan and gave back his red jacket which he borrowed earlier.

 

Thinking that it will only happen once, Kai didn’t expect that he will receive letters from the same girl every day. Each day, the girl would wait for him either in the gates, in the hallway or after practices and he doesn’t have any chance to talk since the girl would just walk away immediately. What was her name? What’s her major? Is she a varsity or not? Does she know his schedule? Was she a stalker? Questions that came to his mind, he became attached and fond of the girl. Little by little did he know that he’s starting to like the girl.

 

It was two after he received the last letter from her. Kai was eating with the guys in the cafeteria when Jaekyung immediately went to their table and put the letter next to Kai. He looks at her while she was in annoyed state.

“I don’t know what she sees in you.” Jaekyung was about to go when she looks at him again. “At least write back to one of the letters.” That’s it and she walks away from him.

“Woah! What was that all about?” Sehun asked as he looked at Kai and the letter. “Hyung,that was her?”

Kai just smiled as she looks at the girl walking out from the cafeteria.  “Do you by chance know her or were she in one of your classes?”

 

 

____________________________________________________

“I’m going out tonight. Wanna come?” Jaekyung asked as they walk at the hallway. It was their last subject already and they are free to go home.

“We’ll have family dinner tonight.” RiSeu said and looked at Jaekyung, “Jae, did he receive the letters?”

“Yeah. I’m the one who keeps on giving it to him face to face. Why?” Jaekyung asked as she looks at her friend. “You don’t have feelings for him already?”

“Not that, it’s just that LuHan still won’t reply in any of my letters. Am I that ugly that he won’t like me?” RiSeu asked and Jaekyung just shrugged. “YAAH! What kind of friend are you?”

“What do you want me to say? I don’t know how to respond!” Jaekyung said as she earned another smack from RiSeu. “Hey! What was that for?”

“There’s LuHan!” RiSeu said as they look at the tall guy who was walking in front of them.

After seeing who LuHan was, Jaekyung mentally slaps herself because of the mistake that she did. ‘If that is LuHan, who was..’ She eyed at RiSeu and LuHan then look at the guy who she keeps on giving the letters.

“Hey unnie,” Jaekyung coolly called RiSeu and try to ask, “Who’s the guy beside him? The dark-skinned, the one beside him that smirk as if he’s some kind of a serial killer?”

“Oh. That’s Kim Jong In, a sophomore like you. Why?” Yenne asked and look at Jaekyung, “your type?”

“Ani. I’m just asking since some of my classmates in our department go fangirling at him.” She reasoned out and starts to think of ways to make things right.

 

____________________________________________________________

 

“Thanks for coming with me hyungs,” Kai said as he gave each one of the dogs to LuHan and Suho.

“Don’t worry about it. There’s nothing to do in the dorm anyway.” Suho said as they walk around the park. While they were walking, they notice a girl walking towards them and Kai immediately went blushing and take out something from his pocket.

“This is a first, I never seen you blush.” LuHan said as they look at Kai who’s fidgeting over a piece of paper. He takes it out and called the girl, “Hey!”

Jaekyung immediately stops and look at the three guys who might have called her. “Were you calling me?”

“Is there any one here aside from you?” Kai confidently asked and Jaekyung just shrugged.

“What do you want?” Jaekyung asked as a paper was handed to her. “What is this?”

“You told me that I should write back,” Kai said and handed the paper to Jaekyung but the girl won’t accept it. “It’s for you.”

Just as he said those words, Jaekyung immediately remember the letters that she keeps on giving to her. “Oh shoot! Listen, there’s a mistake I made.”

“Really? What is it?” Kai asked as he looks at her.

“The letters, there was a mishap. It’s not supposed to be for you.” Jaekyung said and Kai’s happy expression was off. “It was supposed to be for you,” she said and pointed LuHan.

“For me?” Luhan asked, double checking which was confirmed by Jaekyung. “So the letters you were giving to Kai were intended to be for me, not for him?”

“Neh. I’m sorry. I was only told about the guy wearing a red jacket.” Jaekyung said as she looks at Kai. “And he should be the one to write back, not…you.” She explained and looks at him.

“I see.” Kai said and put back the letter to the pocket.

Before she walks out, he handed a paper to LuHan. This time she was sure she’s giving it to the right guy, “I hope you would go there tomorrow. Bye.”

As soon as Jaekyung was out of sight, the two hyungs look at their donsaeng who was already sulking.

“I have no idea.” LuHan said, feeling sorry for Kai.

“It’s okay hyung.” Kai replied and starts to walk ahead of them, thinking that the girl she likes is in love with his hyung.

 

__________________________________________________

“He will be here right?” RiSeu asked as they were in the school garden.

“Yes. I gave it to him personally *this time*” Jaekyung said as she was about to go.

“Where are you going?” RiSeu asked as she gets a hold of Jaekyung.

“To the cafeteria? I’m hungry unnie!” Jaekyung whined and saw LuHan coming their way.

“But you shouldn’t leave me!” RiSeu said but Jaekyung loose it.

“I need to. Beside, he’s here.” Jaekyung said as LuHan was in front of them. “My job here is done, I got to go now.” She happily said and went out.

 

“Uhmmm, so you were the one who keeps writing letters?” LuHan asked and smile at RiSeu.

“N..neh..” RiSeu blushed as she tries to look at LuHan.

 

____________________________________________________

“What are you doing here?” Jaekyung was busy buying food in the cafeteria when someone speaks behind her. She immediately jumps from it and look at the guy who owns the voice.

“I’m here to eat. What else?” She replied and pay for the food.

“Shouldn’t you be in the garden with LuHan hyung?” Kai asked as he follows her.

“And why would I be there?” Jaekyung asked and look at him. “Wait a minute, you thought I was the one who wrote those letters, right?”

“Weren’t you?” Kai asked and Jaekyung just shook her head. “If they’re not from you, who was the admirer?”

“My friend, a senior like him. She’s with him right now, talking.” She said and grabs a bite on her food.

“That’s cool then.” Kai said and sit in front of her.

“What do you mean?” Jaekyung asked as Kai gave her a piece of paper. “What’s this?”

“Get it and read it, then you’ll know.” Kai said as Jaekyung gets the paper and open it. She looks at Kai with a brow raised.

“Is it a Yes or a No?” Kai smiled as he looks at her.

 

To the pretty girl that sends me letters,

Will you go out with me?

-Jong In

 

______________________________________

Written by: missdauxian

Word count: 1,650