Shim.

...Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dating Kim Junsu isn’t as flowery, as dreamy, as harmonious, as eloquent, as joyful or as honeylike as you might expect or wish from your first time dating your first love.

Changmin hasn’t actually ever seriously liked, fancied, infatuated, loved any girl or boy before he fell, falls and still falling for Kim Junsu. it’s true that Junsu is as thick dense as north pole iceberg. Junsu is faaarrr away from being sweet or romantic. He’s the total opposite character of someone who showers you with flowing affection and continuous attention. He isn’t someone who’ll whisper sweet melodious words into your ears, proclaim his feelings out loud in public, or eagerly parading how lucky he is for winning Changmin’s heart.

No. it’s very not Junsu.

Instead, he would casually greet you like he does to his close friends, flashing his typical teeth lines to you then goes back kicking his friends. He wouldn’t book a special table in canteen just for two of you to have hearty and lovely meal at breaks. He wouldn’t come to your class every day checking how you are doing. He wouldn’t say I love you or I miss you every day. He wouldn’t tail behind you wherever you go. He wouldn’t say you look awesome today. He wouldn’t pay attention to small details you put effort for him. He wouldn’t realize you are sulking till his friends point it out to his nose. He wouldn’t quickly get your double meaning messages. He wouldn’t text or call you often. He wouldn’t ask you out every weekend.

But, he never bores you. He’s dense, oblivious and clueless. He says things right into face in plain flat look that more often than not makes you break into laughter when you hear them. His blatant open uncoated words also make your cheeks heated up like burning summer out of nowhere. He pats your back or arm softly while he is in banter with his friends when you are around him. He takes a look at your food when you happen to order first, sometimes pick one or two bites, then say you should eat something less spicy. No, he never asks you to buy food or drink for him. You do it because you want to. He forgets to say thanks sometimes because he’s forever in I’m better than you, loser bickering with Eunhyuk. He would get you food and drink next time (when he remembers) and when he does it, you feel so blissfully full for the entire day.

He’s a dedicated baseball player. He puts more effort to baseball than going out with you. Sometimes it irks you. Sometimes it angers you. Sometimes you hate him for choosing baseball over you. Often, you argue with him because his fan club gets bigger and bigger by the day which he shrugs it off as no big deal while it’s big problem for you. Often, he replies your text hours late or calls you back when you have given up waiting for a call back due to the long practice. He hangs out with his baseball team more at school than with you too.

But, once you get fever and told to get bed rest, he emerges in your house after school’s over and stays in your bedroom for hours till his mama calls him ordering him to go home. He leaves baseball practice for accompanying you. You forget all the bitter bad taste of being second option after baseball in his list because of that. He doesn’t do much in your bedroom. He has no idea how to treat sick person. He just sits around your bed, talking with you, making you laugh and dizzier for his lame jokes but you are so happy that you can’t sleep through the night.

Also, when he makes awesome homerun in matches, he looks for your whereabouts and grins so warm at wide at you if you are among the spectators. If not, he’ll save a token from the match and give it you randomly saying that he scores something in match. Once, though, during a tight semifinal match, he sends the ball high over the field which opens chance for his team to make hat trick homerun, he runs fast from base to base in victorious pace. His team members cheer for him so loud yet he walks to your seat in the audience putting his cap on your head. Everybody stares at you as you blush fiercely. Junsu grins and runs back to the field. His coach roars in thunder scolding his careless show off act. You can feel burning stares directed at you asking who the hell is that boy getting that precious cap?

Dating Kim Junsu is never boring. He gives you so much space for your friends and your other likings. He hardly corners you with accusative questions of who you meet, what you do, where you have been or why don’t you call him first. He doesn’t listen to many people which reminds you better than the regularly spoken I love you that he likes you because he listens to you. Not always, his ears are picky, but enough that make you feel special.

He surprises you at most unexpected times too. In both good and bad way. his girl cousin, Jenna, has once warned you that your Junsu is more than what he lets people see from him. He’s smarter than average students though he doesn’t show it often. His smooth pranks everywhere in school are one of many proofs of how good he could be if he wants to. Sadly, he doesn’t want to be that good. He refuses right away when he’s offered to be transferred to advance senior class. The head of academic department hasn’t even finished his sentence when Junsu says no. He is told to think about it first, his parents will be notified too and once again he clearly says NO.

Anyway, dating Kim Junsu has become inseparable treasured part of your second senior high school year. You wouldn’t want dating anyone else but him.

Changmin smiles at his own thoughts. He can’t wait for Monday to come.

--

         “Yesshh!!” Minho punches up the air. “Yesss! Xiabebek2015 has been dethroned! Showtime, Choi Minho!!” He dances by himself.

Kyuhyun sighs. Minho has been at it since morning. He keeps humming and dancing to his own xiabebek2015 has been dethroned one line song. It’s just a game. Minho shouldn’t be that worked up over a game.

         “Are you gonna actually pay the conqueror now?” Kyuhyun huffs. “What if it’s a girl? Won’t you be ashamed paying a girl for defeating your enemy on your behalf?”

         “I’m not paying anyone on my behalf.” Minho sits back on his seat. “I’m just releasing an open bargain. I did my part too challenging him, you know.”

         “Maybe Junsu hyung did it on purpose.” Kyuhyun says. “He’s in senior year now. He focuses on his study. Right, Min?”

Changmin nods absentmindedly. Junsu focuses on his lessons? Is it raining orange juice outside?

         “Who beat xiabebek anyway?”

         “It’s new ID.” Minho beams. “Sounds familiar. I thought it’s Changmin since the ID resembles his name a lot but we know Changmin doesn’t actively play air force game. Perhaps other Changmin.”

         “Uh huh? What’s the ID?”

         “urm.. Chwang-Mine or something.”

Changmin silently smiles hearing the mentioned ID. Minho would be very disappointed once he discovers that it’s Junsu’s new game ID. He knows it’s Junsu’s ID from Eunhyuk who can’t stop making fun at Junsu for using Changmin’s name to show off their relationship.

         “You said people who use couple ID in games are so elementary kids, huh? Have you just sent yourself to kindergarten level? Playgroup level? Daycare toddler level?”

Junsu has unique way to say he likes Changmin which Changmin very much likes it.

         “New students are so noisy.” Kyuhyun scrunches his nose. “Can’t they pay a little bit respect to their senior? I got snapped at for nothing yesterday just because I ordered two bowls of frozen soursop mix.”

         “Yeah.” Minho gleams, still basking in delight knowing Junsu has been dethroned from the game. “They daringly ask whether I’m single or not and randomly ask for my number too. Empty headed!”

Changmin scans around the cafeteria. Senior students usually leave classrooms five to ten minutes later than them but sometimes five minutes earlier depends on who is teaching. No sight of Junsu. He reaches his phone to send a text.

Not coming to canteen? It’s getting crowded.

         “Beef ramen. Big bowl. 2.” Minho orders.

         “Is there any dish with rice?” Changmin asks the serving waitress. “Some filling dish?”

         “We have rice and fried egg with tomato sauce if you want. But it takes time.” She replies.

         “Can I order two?” Changmin asks again. “With soup too if you have.”

The waitress rolls her eyes. “This is not restaurant, kid. We don’t cook soups here.”

         “Rice and egg. Two portions.” Changmin says. He pays and goes to beverage stall to order one orange juice and one iced lemon tea.

His phone rings. New message. Coming there. Don’t order for me, Minnie.”

Too late for that, hyungie, Changmin tucks his phone back inside his pocket. He joins his friends sitting in the middle section of the cafeteria. Some new students stare openly at him. A group of first year girls are giggling rather loudly when Changmin walks past their table. One of them whistles suggestively. Changmin ignores it.

Junsu appears in tow with his monkey paw followed by Sungmin and Junki. They go straight to their usual table in the corner which is already occupied by a bunch of new students. They do it on purpose. It’s no secret that Junsu attracts unwanted attention from large number of first year students due to his baseball performances.

         “Oops.” Eunhyuk says. “We are late.”

         “Sit with us, oppa.”

         “Here, hyung.”

         “Sit with them, monkey.” Junsu pushes Eunhyuk down to sit on the pointed space. “Guys, please handle him with care. He’s fragile and has very tender heart.”

They laugh seeing Eunhyuk’s sour made face. “Just admit that your is too big to sit on human size chair, duck.”

         “In case you forget, monkey baboon is twice bigger than History volume three book.” Junsu snickers. “I’ll get some drinks. Guys, be gentle to our handsome hyukkie, okay?”

         “Hyung.” One of the male students stands up. “I’ll buy drink for you.”

         “Easy, boy.” Sungmin chuckles. “He doesn’t take free drinks anymore.”

Junsu lightly shoves Sungmin’s back as he walks to the beverage counter. Changmin looks at him as he walks by, eyes gazing coldly.

         “Hyung.” Kyuhyun calls. “Changmin has ordered for you.”

Junsu walks back to his boyfriend’s table. “You ordered? I told you not to.”

         “I didn’t order for you.” Changmin scowls. “Who said it’s for you?”

Junsu looks at Kyuhyun. “Okay.” He resumes his walk to the counter.

Kyuhyun gives Changmin a look. “You bought two portions of rice and egg for who?”

         “None of your business.” Changmin mutters.

Junsu returns to Changmin’s table two minutes later carrying two glasses of drink. He puts one iced sweet lime in front of Changmin. “Where’s your food?”

         “Not that hungry.” Changmin stabs the iced sweet lime drink with a straw. “Thanks for the drink. You could go back to your fan club.”

Kyuhyun facepalms. Despite harmless and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter