Memory

The White Lotus

"Memory"

"Love may be a battlefield, but ours will always and will be worth the fight."

JLP2013+-+POST+DIVIDER.png

Joonmyun's POV

It was morning. I woke up to the sound of clattering pots to find out the man I slept with last night was gone. My hands felt the white silk cloth and it implied that I wasn't in my room.

I rubbed my eyes and sat  up straight. I looked to my left and my old clothes were neatly folded but was still dirty from the dust. I tried to stand up but my hips hurt as hell and then I remembered what we did.

I don't know what was going on but memories kept flooding inside my head. Yifan's touch, his deep voice, his hands. Yes, I need to emphasize on the hands 'cause wow they are so y and long. I could them-

oh my gosh Joonmyun! You sound like a ert!

I shook it off; thinking about such stuff early in the morning isn't good for my health. I gave off a sigh and went back to bed. I was not in the mood to go out, I wouldn't stand much longer anyway due to the fact that Yifan did this to me.

I layed my head down on a soft pillow and it surprisingly smelled nice. Yifan's musky smell was left and I, the one who was smelling the bed like a crazy idiot, blushed madly.

The door opened and to my surprise, I found Sehun with his eyebrows linked together and from the way I see it, underneath his eyes were black and dull. Uh-oh. He's pissed.

"Gege, you need to explain to me what the is going on." By the tone of his voice, you know when my brother is dead serious. Also, he doesn't usually use profanities like those either.

"Explain what....?" I have no ther option than to play innocent. "Don't explain what me, gege! I heard the sloppy love-making across the hall! How obscene!". Right, so now my little brother is lecturing me. "Ugh, shut it Sehun. It's early in the morning and I don't want to get pissed off on my own wedding-"

Crap.

I kind of struggled to get up as my hips tortured me but I was able to walk anyways. My eyes gazed upon the worn out clothes again; thinking of not wearing it again but I did. I hurriedly put on the stained robe as Sehun watches me like I was late for a meeting or something. 

Okay, I admit. I forgot that the wedding was resumed today and I have to get ready because I can see people coming again to the palace. Everything was ready...except for me. Like, how many times do I have to screw things up? Ugh, I should get myself relaxed.

I left Sehun standing on Yifan's doorway and rushed to my own room and scrubbed myself to wear off the hormonal scent that was still on me like an expensive perfume oil. 

 

Kyungsoo's POV

After being sent by Lord Zhang to kidnap the Southern Prince, I traveled by foot. Having to know Northeners will suspect horse riders, it gave me an edge to infiltrate the gates without guards tailing me. At first, I was to assasinate him but Lord Zhang had more plans and schemes up his sleeves.

In order to blend in to the crowd who was passing through the gates,  the robes that I wore were like that of a peasant so different from the usual black robe I wear on tactical assasination orders. 

I had a pouch full of sharp daggers that are kept hidden under my straw hat that had a huge brim; hiding my eyes from suspicious people. Chanyeol assured me that he will send a dove to check on my whereabouts. Those things come in handy.

"Sir, excuse me!" I heard someone. A guard called out to me. This can either be bad or good. If the man finds out who I really am, I have no other choice but to make a commontion and kill him.

 Lay low, Kyungsoo. Just lay low.

"What is it, good sir...?" I asked him; hiding my anxious face from the corner of his eyes. I thought it was the end of me but it turns out he wanted to return my wooden necklace that came off. "I just wanted to return this necklace..." the time when I was about to grab it, the guard seemingly gazed at the symbol of my necklace. 

It's the Western Empire's crest. 

What I want to know if he is familiar of it or not. But by the looks of it, I think he knows what it is.

"Wait a minute...is this..the Western Crest?" he looked at it and then back to me. I have to make something up. Hmmm...

"Uh, yes sir. My son found it on a battlefield and then he gave it to me as a gift." I smiled as if it was true that I have a son. After grinning, the guard's facial expression turned from hard to soft. 

"Well, you have a nice son, sir. Have a good day at the ceremony!" He bid me goodbye as I replied with a fake smile. I turned around and an emotionless facade was plastered on me again.

People were eating, drinking, and merry making under the terrace. It was like a mini festival. I would have joined but I had a mission to complete. While snaking around the wooden tables that were lavished of food plates and wine cups, an open door was left behind the palace. The people who cooked opened it to let some of the steam out. I don't have a choice but to have my way through a steam-compressed door way.

The cooks seemed to be busy noticing me as I carried a basket full of red beans. When I passed them, I placed the beans beside the kitchen and replaced my clothing. From my peasant rags to my black cloak. The brimmed hat was tossed away and I held my daggers incase someone tried to kill me by surprise.

Huh, I'll surprise them even more once I get to kidnap Prince Joonmyun.

My feet led me to a large marbled hall and proceeded to look for the prince. Out of nowhere, I heard a familiar voice. A voice that had been on my mind since the raid.

 

"Kyungsoo...is that....you?" How I miss him calling my name.

 

It hurts....it really really hurts...

 

"J-Jongin...?" There, I said his name.

 

***

 

 

 


I'm sorry guys if I hadn't updated for like a week now 'cause college just started and i am really tired whenever I get home soooooo here's  a chapter with one of my fave otps, KAISOO! :D  I hope u guys like it even though it's kind of eh. Lol Joonmyun. I pity him. Anyways, happy reading and I lavya guys!!!!!!!!!! Wooooo!