Chapter 1

The Fate of Our Dream

It was a normal, boring day at school and the teacher was babbling about something in front of the class. I never pay attention during Mrs. Shin’s Chemistry class. I’m not that good or that bad in chemistry. It’s just; I don’t have any chemistry with her Chemist class. She’s too boring...

I listened to the music with my earphones on and looked at Jimin. He was doodling on something with his pen. Maybe he just drew some swirls? Yeah, he looked pretty bored anyway.

“Tch, pabo...” I smiled when looking at his stupid face. He yawned liked a hippopotamus and was looking very sleepy. I didn’t even realize that Mrs. Shin was walking slowly towards me and pulled my earphones away.

“Ohoo, Choi Jihee. What are you smiling at?” she asked with a deep tone voice. I wasn’t that nervous and looked straight into her eyes. She asked me to stand up and answered her ‘one of a kind’ question.

“What type of alcohol can be oxidized in order to form a Ketone?” she asked with an evil smirked on her face. I tried to keep relaxed and made a simple answer towards her question,”2-butanol.”

It was a long silence before she made ‘hmmm’ sound. Then she told me to sit down with her ‘unsatisfied look. “You’re lucky this time, Jihee. Weird thing is, I haven’t taught you about that chapter yet,” and she turned around to write down the equation on the board.

That’s was pretty close. I’m sure that she’ll ask that kind of question on purposed so I couldn’t answer it. Unfortunately for her, I always answered them correctly by just using my magnificent memory and not luck!

The bell rang and it was recess time. I was about to leave the class when I heard someone calling my name, “Jihee, if I caught you dazing off again. You’ll be in big trouble,” warned Mrs Shin. I rolled my eyes and continued walking to the cafeteria. It’s the same warning for me when she’s not feeling satisfied with something I did.

* * * * *

 

 “Yahh! What the?!” I gave a long sighed when I saw the lines are long. I just grabbed my tray and lined up. Jeez, can’t it be worst than this?

My eyes were just looking at the foods and I picked what were left. Now, another challenge of the day; finding a place to seat and eat peacefully. All the good seats had been taken except an empty place which is near the kingkas and queenkas’ table. “Just perfect! Purrrr-feckk!” I mumbled to myself. There will be pretty much giggles and glitters all over the place since the QUEENS are there with their very own kings. The way I described their atmosphere; there might be some kind of ‘magical unicorn’ flying all around their places with their fancy talks, fanning themselves with money and started to talked about their slaves.Ughh....

I don’t have any other choices instead of sitting there, eating and . . . . do my damn normal things. So, I walked to the table and sat there alone. Jimin was there with the other kingkas. They’re pretty loud and I felt annoyed a bit.

“Heyya, Jihee! What are you doing sitting here alone??” asked Jimin as he approached and tapped my back suddenly. I’m almost chocked my food when he did that. If I did, I would consider of sued him just for fun.

“Yah! What the!? Why can’t you greet me like a normal person does? Sheeshhh...” I said angrily. He was just laughing and took a seat in front of me.

“We’re buddies! Don’t you dare say like that to me. You’re also the same,” he replied and took a big bite on my apple.

“Y-yahh... grabbed your own food, you . I just greet like that outside school,” I replied him and continued eating my food. Just as it was getting fun teasing and cursing at Jimin, Mina came to us and hugged Jimin from behind. She tightly clasps his shoulders from behind whilst digging her stupid, ugly face which is full of make-ups into his back and clanged on to him firmly.

Tch, get a room you, pabo! Just enjoy your LOVELY moment in the hell with that worth of a hoe!” I whispered inside my heart. Yepp, Mina was a queenka and Jimin is a kingka. Well, aren’t that ‘blehh’?? Why can’t Jimin find a good, nice girl instead of this cocky, obnoxious witch? Well, this witch is not pretty ugly so... Yeahh, pretty witch like her must be famous around guys, ne?

“Jagiya, why are you leaving me behind?” asked Mina with a sweet yet spoiled tone. I just looked at my food and was just like, “Ah~~ Seems like it’s just me and...my  food. I love you more than any humans that live on this planet, food~”

“Yah, I’m just hanging out with Jihee here. Well, the others are there. Why don’t you just hang out with them?” he replied while pretending pinch her cheeks. Oh, god... Really? Love in the air? I forgot to bring a sprayer today anyway.

“Uhmm, jagiya... You’re my boyfriend now so please be with me,” and she quickly stood up right, made a pouting face and turned the opposite way. That witch, what are you? A spoiled lil’ brat? Ughhh, I wished that I could throw these foods and shovel them into so she could just shut up and enjoy my delicious meal of hateness.

Since I can’t even take Mina’s K-Drama, I decided to clean myself up and leave them with their own problems.

“Y-yah! Jihee! Aisshh...,” I heard Jimin was calling my name when I left them before I heard a deep sighed. Then, I heard him talking to Mina; trying hard to cheer her up just to make her forgive him.

“Jeez, does all couples do stuff like that?” I asked myself. I always get annoyed when seeing them together. Jimin and I were so close before and now he’s just hanging out with the kingkas and queenkas of the school. It’s getting worse when Mina had become his girlfriend.

Pffft, who am I kidding with? I’m not like them. I’m just an antisocialist person with a scary and unpopular face. I just like being alone for some reason until I met Jimin. I met him from the 11th grade and that time, he was just a newly transferred student from Boston.

* * * * Flashback * * * *

“Okay,okay. Settle down, class,” said Mr.Baek as he brought in a new transferred student. He was quite good looking, cool and at the same time, cute. I was just doing my own things after I took a looked at his whole figure. He introduced himself and was smiling with his eyes directly looking at me.

“Ahh! He’s cute! Like Kim Minjun and the others!” whispered the girls in front of me. His first day and he already had some girls’ fangirling over him, huh?

“Hmm, Park Ji Min, you could sit......Ah! You could sit beside Choi Jihee. The girl who had an empty seat at the back of the class,” said Mr Baek.

At that exact same time, everyone was looking at me like, “SERIOUSLY!?”

“Yeah, jerks. With me... Your worst nightmare. Might I kick him out as well?” I thought to myself while my eyes looking at the others. They quickly turned around so I won’t eat them like they usually thought of me.

Jimin took his seat and gave out a hand to greet me,” Hi, I’m Park Ji Min. You can call me Jimin.”

I was ignoring him for a while before I answered him back. “Choi Jihee. And I don’t make handshake,” I told him coldly. (Don’t you dare asked me why I’m doing that. It’s just the way I am!)

Hearing me replying to him like that had made him a little bit of ‘ouch’ before he rubbed his neck. We just did our own stuffs and didn’t mingle even for a bit. He did try to talk to me by poking and writing a small note saying ‘Hi’ but I just ignored him. He should have realized that Facebook didn’t work out in real life.

 

 

After for some hours, the bell rung and it was time for recess. I just sat in the class by my own and listen to the music. Someone just pulled it out all of sudden so I turned to look who it was. Guessed what? Jimin was standing there and used my right earphone.

“Ahh~ You like this song, huh?” he asked with a smile while stamping his feet with the rhythm. Eventually, he started to sing the lyrics.

♪ I wanna big house, big cars & big rings
But sasireun i dun have any big dreams ♫
Haha nan cham pyeonhage sareo
♫ Kkum ttawi an kkwodo amudo mwora an hajanheo
Jeonbu dadada ttokgagachi nacheoreom saenggakhago isseo ♪

“Wow... Never knew you could also sing,” I praised him but not with much expression on my face. He stopped singing and gave me the right earphone back and smiled.

“Not only sing, I can also dance actually. Watch this,” he took a deep breath before he started to hip hop dance in the class. No one was there except for both of us. His moves were just astonishing and he looked cool.

“How was it? Does it entertain you to bring me to the cafeteria?” he asked as he tried to catch his breath. I clapped my hands sarcastically with a smile and said,” Lucky for you, it entertains me enough to treat you for lunch.”

We went to the cafeteria together and it was the beginning of knowing him better until the next year. At the 12th grade, he was starting to hang out with the kingkas and queenkas gang. Well, now I’m thinking about Katy Perry’s lyrics. Do you ever feel, like a plastic bag? Drifting through the winds, wanting to start again~ (Jahh, I am such a plastic bag,huh?)

* * * End of Flashback * * *

I walked to the class by my own but apparently, my stupid lil’ legs automatically walked to the park behind the school compound. I hide behind the storeroom and started to sobs. It hurts thinking about the past. I want him to be my side but who the heck am I to be his? I’m not pretty like that Queen of brat, Mina. I’m just an ordinary girl with a low class attitude and figure. “Tch! Keep hoping that he’s yours, Jihee! Just keep hoping and then you’ll eventually cry again and die with your stupid tears!” I hit myself so hard just to make myself stop from crying.

Feeling much better, I went into the class and Jimin suddenly approached to me,”Yah, Jihee. I’m sorry for Mina’s interruption.”

I lowered my face just to cover myself so it won’t look obvious that I’d cried. I shook my head and told him that it was fine. After all, she’s his girlfriend. Perfectly matched girlfriend! I quickly walked to my seat but he managed to grab my wrist.

“What’s wrong with you? I’m sorry if it’s about Mina. Just take a look at me for a while, Jihee,” he pleaded. Everyone was looking at us and it was kind of embarrassing. I didn’t make any sound before he released my wrist slowly.

It was an awkward day for us. I didn’t make any eye contacted and all I did the whole day was just looking at the floor. “What’s wrong with me?! I shouldn’t be reacting like this! Pabo! Pabooo!!!” I thought with a deskpalm.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

School was over. I packed my things quickly and went out from the classroom as fast as I could. Usually, I would be the last person to get up and packed my things but not today, I want to get the hell out from this mess. The faster I moved, the faster I arrived home, sleep and forget all these nightmares.

Alas, my plan didn’t work as Jimin was trying to hold me up. “Jihee!! JIHEE! Yah,pabo! Wait for me,” he ran to me and hit my head with his book. Ignoring him was my favourite thing to do. I kept on walking and didn’t bother to look at him.

“Ae, what’s wrong with you? You’re acting weird today. Tell me, Jihee,” he pleaded while making a pup’s eyes. Pfft, more like ‘retarded pup eyes’ I supposed.

 “Tch, nothing much. I’m just stressed out,” I replied to him. After that, it became a long silent walk between us.

“Are you... mad about Mina?” he asked slowly with a low, soft tone. I gave a sighed before starting to walk a bit faster. He asked me one more time and I was still muted.

“Choi Jihee! If it’s about Mina, I’m sorry! Or was it about me?” asked Jimin while grabbing my wrist again. This time, he held my wrist harder liked he didn’t want to let me go.

“Let me go, you !” I shouted at him and struggled myself. When he released me, I walked faster and wear on my earphones to keep myself calm. But the tears seemed to be fall once again. I tried to hold my tears but Jimin suddenly pushed me against the street wall.

“Jihee! Tell me what’s wrong with you? Don’t you know I’m tired seeing you like this?” he said. I covered my face with my hair and my head looking down at the ground. He pulled my earphones and told me to look at him.

I didn’t want to see him as I was really in a total mess. I accidentally sobbed and he was quite shocked to see me crying all of sudden. “J-Jihee... tell me. Is it about Mina? Or me?” he asked while caressing my cheeks. My eyes were gone red and I didn’t know why the heck I told him about everything.

“Ever since Mina had become your girlfriend and you’re starting to hang out with the gang, I always feel that I can never be with you...Y-you’re...PABO ! I like you! But who the heck am I to be yours anyway?” I shouted at him to let all the emotions out.

Jimin was speechless when I told him everything that I’ve felt including my feelings towards him. He buries me in his chest and tried to comfort me down.

“Choi Jihee, a strong girl who never break a tears will only cry just for me?” . I tried to push him back but it seems like it was no use. Jimin was bigger than me and yet, he hugged me comfortably that even I couldn’t resist myself.

He loosen the hugged a bit to give me some space and told me to look at him into the eyes. His smile was made just for me that day.

“I’ve always wanted to tell you. I’ve fall for you during our first met but I was afraid that it was just my feelings. Being with Mina felt different than being with you, Jihee,” he explained slowly.

I was shocked and I knew that I shouldn’t be doing this. Mina was his girlfriend and I shouldn’t be part of his life. I was worried that we would get into troubles if Mina knew about this. I wanted to tell him that whatever we were doing that time was wrong but he quickly shut my mouth with one finger of his.

“Jihee, don’t worry about Mina. We’re over... I know this isn’t the right thing to do but I never being honest with myself when loving her. I just want you. Do you want to accept me to be yours?” asked Jimin while holding both of my hands.

That cold day had been warmth by our feelings. I just smiled and kissed him. As we stopped, he looked at me and smiled,” So, seems like you accept me?”

I just smiled and said, “Shut up, . You’ve already know the answer.”

Now, I’ve learnt something; sometimes, you just have to be honest with yourself cause it eventually will lead you to a perfect place.