I f'ed up

Bad Sunny

It wasn’t the best day for Sunny. Her world just crumbled down like a volcano just erupted. The love of her life walked out of her life into another person’s arms.

“Taeyeon…. Tae…” she has been getting the same nightmare. Although the dream is just her mind replaying the event. She cannot stop asking herself why. Was it her fault? Was it her fault for loving Taeyeon? The person who took her hands when she lost against the fight of life.

 

It all began in September. Oh the cursed month. 

 

“. I am late now,” exclaimed Sunny. She glared at her alarm clock as if it caused her misery early in the morning. She quickly cleaned herself, you have to look presentable if you were to conduct an interview. Upon arriving at her office, her staff, Sooyoung, passed her a pile of cvs to be checked.

“Soo, can you please buy me ice blended white chocolate latte? I am craving for one right now.”

“Sure, Sun. No whipped cream, right?” Sooyoung smiled and Sunny only nodded. 

 

Oh how Sunny is a wreck. Her life is a mess. But she often puts a happy face, to tell the world that she is fine. 

 

“Alright, I believe your name is Kim Taeyeon, right? Mind to explain your personalities and why we should hire you?” Sunny scanned through the resume belonged to the girl in front of her.

Her soft spoken voice somehow melted Sunny’s heart, “I am very righteous, I cannot handle even the slightest bit of injustice. A very honest person when it comes to working. Speaking of working, I am very hardworking. I cannot leave my job piling up. That’s against my rule. You should hire me because I can help to lead your company to a greater future,” Taeyeon smiled as she was answering. No hesitation. It was as if she memorized it days ahead.

 

“You might want to add in your resume that you are good with words. But that would be no use,” Sunny paused. Her words startled Taeyeon. “You are hired, Taeyeon-ssi. You may start working tomorrow. Please wear something formal. Don’t wear casual.. except on casual friday.”

 

Sunny sighed as Taeyeon left the room. She almost forgot her drink that was cutely sitting on her desk.

“What would I do without you, latte?” she drank the cold, icy treat.

 

Sunny is one of the respected people throughout the country despite of her gender. Unlike her uncle, Lee SooMan, who established SM Entertainment, Sunny opened up a small company focusing on fashion design. Most of the artists in SM often lingers around her office.. often as an escape from their hormone-raging fans. Suddenly, her door barged open causing Sunny to jump up from her seat.

 

“What the hell, oppa? Can’t you just come in like a normal person?” she glared at the former SM artist.

 

“Hehehe.. Mianhae Sunkyu-ah. You cannot stop a diva from being a diva, can you?” Jaejoong replied with a smirk. “I need a new outfit for my date tomorrow. Can you help me with that?”

 

Sunny sighed even further before pointing out a rather large closet to her left. 

 

“You know the password.” Sunny busied herself.

 

Jaejoong walked towards the closet, pulled the door, only to be greeted by another door. He then pressed the right sequence before hearing the notification sound. It was like a heaven on earth for Jaejoong. 

 

It was already 5PM. Sunny looked outside her window to observe the traffic. The traffic was hectic. She could see a group of girls waiting patiently outside SM. How the generation has changed..

 

Spending the same routine every night, exercising, cleaning herself, eating small snacks. Sunny was never the type to go out at night. She almost lost contact with all of her friends. Her reason will always remain the same; work will be her number one priority.

 

Her morning was greeted by her annoying alarm clock. She’s going to her office an hour early. And to her surprise, Taeyeon was already there. 

 

“Wow, you’re,” Sunny looked at her watch, “early.”

 

“Well, so do you, boss.” Taeyeon said cheekily.

 

Sunny then gave Taeyeon a quick tour around the area. 

 

“Miss Taeyeon, you’ll be sharing the same office as me. I might have been forgotten to inform you your position in this company. The reason why I hired you is that I need a personal assistant. The ones who can help me to contribute ideas. And also the ones to be my eyes and ears. When you came for your interview, I immediately thought that you were a great candidate.” Sunny elaborated as she sipped on her ice blended white chocolate latte.

 

Taeyeon just gasped. She thought she would be hired as an ordinary secretary. But this position was beyond her imagination. Sunny showed Taeyeon her newly placed table. It was not as huge as Sunny’s. But it was huge enough for her standard. 

 

After a weeks of sharing the same office with Taeyeon, Sunny realized that she is starting to develop feelings for Taeyeon. It might be because of Taeyeon’s rather odd laugh, or her childlike stature. She was drawn into her. Taeyeon was like a magnet. 

 

“Um.. Sunny, today I cannot go out for lunch with you.. I have a date.” Taeyeon said calmly.

 

Initially, Sunny was more than shocked. She was devastated. Who would have known that Taeyeon is already taken. 

 

“My goodness, Tae.. You don’t have to tell me that. I don’t control your life,” Sunny just laughed.

Sunny stared at Taeyeon’s cv. Her eyes paused where Taeyeon’s address was written. She decided to take a stroll around that area and only noticing that Taeyeon only live two blocks away from her. She just grinned but that happiness soon vanished from her as she saw Taeyeon going out from her house with a guy.

 

“Jae?” Sunny whispered to herself. She recalled the moment when Jaejoong, her male best friend decided to just barge into her office to borrow some clothing’s. Dissatisfied with the scene, Sunny quickly snapped several photos and forwarded the images to Yoochun.

 

Sunny then pretended that she didn’t see the two people that just broke her heart.

 

“Sunny!” Taeyeon shouted. “What are you doing here? Oppa~ Come here for a moment. I want you to meet my boss.”

 

“Oh? Sunsun is your boss?” Jaejoong said in disbelief. 

 

Sunny smacked Jaejoong’s arm as hard as she could. She then excused herself and quickly told them that she’s having a meeting in 30 minutes.

 

Taeyeon gave Jaejoong a confused look. 

 

“She doesn’t have any meeting today. I checked her schedule already.” That just caused Jaejoong to erupt into laughter. 

 

The very same day, Sunny decided to go home early and dragging Sooyoung along. No one really knows the relationship between Sunny and Sooyoung. Despite the fact that Sooyoung is already dating a man, she’s having a fling with Sunny as well. Who could resist that y dan shin anyway?

 

Both Sooyoung and Sunny arrived at a supermarket, Sunny just walked towards the alcoholic beverages aisle with her shopping cart. With all of her strength, Sunny place two boxes of beer, 2 bottles of vodkas, 6 bottles of stout, and a bottle of whiskey. 

 

“Are you having a party and not inviting me?” Sooyoung asked Sunny.

 

“I just want to be prepared, okay? You can take one Bailey’s. My treat.” Sunny eye-smiled Sooyoung.”I’ll help to send you home, okay?”

 

Sunny and Sooyoung shared a short kiss in the car before Sooyoung stepped out. Warning her not to do anything silly, especially with those beverages at the back.

 

However, Sooyoung’s warning was ignored. Sunny parked her car near the beach. She looked at the beer that was staring back at her. At first, she hated the taste. The bitterness lingers around for a moment. What Sooyoung didn’t know is that when she was still busy picking which Bailey’s to consume later at home, Sunny purchased a pack of cigarettes secretly.

 

“Here goes nothing,” Sunny suddenly coughed. The cooling sensation from the cigarrete was quite new to her. She might be addicted to this thing. Little did she know, Sunny already drank almost half of a carton of the beer. She was left with only two cigarettes. 

She started her car and drove off. But not to her house.

 

She knocked on the foreign door. 

 

“SUNNY!” Taeyeon exclaimed. “What have you done to yourself?”

 

“Taeyeon-ah….” Sunny cupped Taeyeon’s face. “I love you. I love you so much to the extent that it hurts. You don’t even care anyway. You have Jae already.”

 

Sunny stretched her arms open. Her head was throbbing and her breath reeks of cigarettes. She opened her eyes slowly as the sun rays were blinding her. Feeling rather odd as her alarm clock didn’t wake her up. She studied her surroundings only to realize that she is not in her own room. The whole room was painted in sky blue accented with a dark blue curtains.

 

“Oh? You’re up? Here, take this painkiller. You were out for the whole day.” Taeyeon handed Sunny two large pills.

 

Sunny blinked in confusion. She hesitated to take the medicines.

 

“Whole day?” Sunny face palmed herself. “I didn’t say anything stupid, right?”

 

Taeyeon just shrugged and left Sunny on her bed.

 

“Sunny-ah, I love you too.” Taeyeon shouted.

 

Sunny could feel her face burning up. She did not just confess last night. She reached for her phone, 9 miscalls from Sooyoung and one text from Yoochun.

 

“I ed up again,” Sunny sighed.