Preparation.

Luminosity (rewrite)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



Suho opened the grand doors of the training room, which was completely covered in blue mats. The others followed suite and the professor commanded the large emotionless man to head towards the centre of the room.


"Hmm, quite nice since I was last here but why exactly is there padding covering every inch of the room?"


"Oh yeah... Y'see Kyungsoo here is pretty violent when it comes to our sparring sessions and combat practice. He literally throws you everywhere or keeps you in a headlock that's impossible to escape from." Chanyeol explained, which caused the large eyed boy to smirk.


"And that is why we put cushions everywhere, little maknae's idea." Baekhyun said.


"Smart thinking m'boy! You'll be needing it for what you're about to encounter." Hyung Don said and Sehun suddenly ran out of the room in a hurry.


"Anyways prof, who exactly is this? And why do you keep him locked in a crate?" Kai asked out of the blue.


"Ah well.. You'll see! Where did the youngest go? Scared already? But yes, your questions will be answered momentarily so for now call him Defconn." 


"Why is he like that though? He doesn't speak and he reminds me of an ajusshi trying to look young, like really.... Does he even have eyes or any other expressions?" Chanyeol asked, still puzzled that the man was acting like a complete robot.


"Yeol, we'll find out soon enough. Come on now, let's take positions-" Suho said before the door opened once again.


And the five boys facepalmed themselves simultaneously when the maknae stepped in with pillows covering seventy percent of his entire body, the soft cushions attached to elbow pads and knee pads, and not too mention an opaque and oversized helmet.


"Maknae, what is wrong with you?" Baekhyun asked.


"Nothing is...Sumo hun is just ready for the training this time!! Prof I'm prepared!" The maknae blurted out, spacing out his legs and clenching his fists.


"More like marshmellow hun." Kyungsoo retorted, inducing laughter from the other four.


"Alright now boys, enough with the dilly dallying and chit chat. Let's proceed now shall we?"


"Let's prove our three years of training." Kai said, as he ped his sweater and revealed his woman beater and toned biceps.


"A few words of advice though before you even start and regret your decision: Never underestimate your opponent, even if you are able to overpower him with such a large group force. This is the choice between the hospital or escaping with minor injuries... Six hospital beds are very expensive mind you! Oh yes and on the table I have already provided you with numerous amounts of weapons so choose wisely and give it your all. I would expect you to give him some sort of injury." And with that Hyung Don walked away, nodding his head at Defconn, who continued to stand his ground.


The six looked upon the wooden table: there was a rustic dagger, sharp silver sword, crossbow, a wired rope, a long metal bar and an unfamiliar blade of some sort.


"Dibs on the huge pointy sword!!" Sehun exclaimed, running to claim his weapon of choice.


"Why are these weapons so extreme though? We don't intend to kill Defconn do we?" Baekhyun asked.


"This is not an ordinary test my boy, you said that you've been preparing for 3 years correct? Well this will strengthen you for what is about to come when you start investigating these heinous crimes. You've only had experience with a lycanthrope first and foremost, you've never encountered the vicious deception and manipulation from the fair folk, become overpowered from the sheer and raw physical strength from the Dhampir, and the wicked magic of the warlocks. This will prove that so-called strength you say that you've gained after the past 3 years. Now those blades over there are called demon blades and they are as literal as their names suggest." Hyung Don explained.


The boys nodded with looks of determination and strong will painted on their faces. Kai took the large metal bar, while Chanyeol took the crossbow and loaded it, Baekhyun grabbed the wired rope and harnessed it on his belt as Kyungsoo, with much thought reached for the demon blade and tried to familiarize himself with it, and lastly Suho seized the dagger.


"Remember boys, teamwork... Don't throw away the years of having to put up with one another to waste." Suho said, before they all encircled the tall man.


Sehun then bravely walked towards Defconn and raised his sword, pointing it at his shoulders. 


"Maknae gets the first blow." He then swung it haphazardly at Defconn, who managed to grab it upon contact.


The latter's jaw then dropped when the large man had suddenly bended the metal as if it was a mere rubber band. 


"What the-? THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!" He then surged ahead of the rest of the boys who were shaking their heads.


"Maknae hold on! We should think about this!" Suho yelled, before Defconn grabbed Sehun by his pillow covered arm and threw him against the wall without a shed of mercy or concern and he yelped in pain as he was thrown against the padded walls.


"Prof, what the hell is he?" Kai asked, trying to help the poor maknae up but was unable to as his cushioned body pulled all of his weight down.


"He's not human, is he?" Kyungsoo dejected, trying to figure his adoptive father out. 


But Hyung Don merely smirked at them and pointed at Defconn.


"I already told you, it's nothing that you have encountered."


"Well you haven't encountered Kai just yet." The tanned boy then advanced towards his prey and the metal bar that he held was now being swung across his shoulders, twisting it to get a good sense of his new weapon.


He then charged at the large man with all he had and was met with the latter's gigantic hands as he stopped the bar midway. He pushed against the man's uncanny strength with all his might, but somehow he felt as if he was a mouse fighting against an enormous overgrown feline.


Kai managed to dodge the actual first punch that Defconn attempted to throw at him and with much confidence he gave the rest of the group a slight smirk, before his leg was seized by the stoic man. 


"!" He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter