final.

Baby, you're so blind.

MIGHT CONTAIN TYPOS LOL SORRY :C

Today marks Jinyoung's 1st year working in this upscale hospital in the center of their city. After a series of unexpected duty shifts, extended working hours and indecisive uniform code, he can proudly say that he's not having a hard time working at all. At the end of each and every stressful duty, he'll always smile and move like everything's just a piece of cake.

For a nurse like him, it was a protocol to put the patients' welfare first before everything. Jinyoung does that; but not all the time. Not when this particular guy wearing a white coat that has a small clinic at the 3rd floor walks pass him every morning. The nurse doesn’t know but he seemed invisible for the other. It's like he's not even aware of Jinyoung's existence.

Dr. Mark Tuan, an ophthalmologist, seemed to be the finest person in the building. His hair was brown and he's tall. There was something about him that makes everyone drool right there and then. Maybe, it's his raged blue backpack that fits perfectly with his usual plain polo-jeans-rubber shoes get up. He greets everyone; he's friendly to all the staffs but apparently not to Jinyoung.

 


"It's been a year, dude!” Jinyoung ranted as he shoots a coin in the vendo machine. "So?" Jaebum, his co-worker, replied while choosing a perfect drink to sweep his drowsiness away. The other rolled his eyes as he pressed on a button for a bottle of cold caramel macchiato. “Why can't he notice me?"


"Because you're not making any damned move for him to see you!"Jaebum answered; irritated by the way Jinyoung was acting. He really wanted to shower the boy with all the support in this world but Jinyoung is a big- coward who blabs about the same problem over and over again. "What do you want me to do? Go straight to his clinic and do a backflip?" The younger declared sarcastically. He grabbed his drink from the dispenser as Jaebum made his turn.


"Go wear a name tag that says 'Notice me Mark senpai'" his bottled milk tea rolled down and he happily picked it, ignoring his friend beside him. Jinyoung took a gulp of his cold coffee. "Hey!" he waved his hand right in front of Jaebum. "I'm serious!” he added as he talked to the man that never bothered to flinch at all. No reply was made.


"Jaebum! Help me!" He shouted, shaking his friend's shoulders violently to the point that the milk tea started dripping off the bottle. Jaebum hissed and glanced at his wrist watch. How annoying can Park Jinyoung still get? He wondered but not until the cool substance, which happens to be his drink, reaches his scrub suit. The beige stain blemished the white cloth badly. He looked at Jinyoung who was startled. "Sorry." he mumble with his signature puppy eyes that no one in that hospital could resist.
 

Jaebum sighed and glanced back to his watch. "Get a bottle of apple juice." he ordered confidently. The other wondered. Is it a payment for the stained suit? Nonetheless, Jinyoung obeyed. He searched for a couple of leftover coins and rolled them in the machine.

"For what?" He asked.
"Just do it."

After less than 10 seconds, the apple juice was now securely detained in Jinyoung's hand. He handed it to Jaebum but the other shook his head. This. is. weird. Jinyoung thought, observing how calm his friend was. He was about to file an argument when a flawless man appeared right in front of them. Holy cheese.

 


"Good morning, Dr. Tuan!" Jaebum's sullen face suddenly brightens up as he greeted the doctor with a bow. The taller guy beamed and bowed in return. "Graveyard shift?" he intrigued and Jaebum nodded. As expected, Jinyoung froze. His body hardened like cement and this is not good. All his thoughts were messed up as he stared at how perfect Dr. Tuan is. He was lightly trembling with his both hands occupied by beverage bottles.


"Thank me later." Jaebum suddenly whispered. It was so unclear but before he could ask why, the boy already excused himself from the scene; leaving Mark with Jinyoung and the vending machine too.
Mark bit his lips and made a small smile. "Hi!" he greeted as he walked towards the machine beside Jinyoung. Senpai noticed me. . He contained his feels and looked at how the doctor's fingers worked on the pocket of his coat looking for some coins.

And suddenly, Jinyoung felt brave. He immediately reached out the apple juice. Mark, shocked, took the bottle and smiled. "For me? Are you sure?" His voice was way too better than the sound of bacon being fried to perfection. Jinyoung nervously nodded. "Yeah." he managed to say. The smile on Mark's cheeks grew wider as Jinyoung's blush went deeper. "This is my favorite! Thank you, Jinyoung!" And he left the area. He knows my name. Can I die now? And for that moment, if he could just literally melt into puddles, he'll gladly let that happen.



"Jaebum!!" He went back to his station with a wide grin. He's blushing like a high school girl that was noticed by her crush. Jaebum raised his brows. The other took a step backward as Jinyoung attempted to hit his arm due to intense delight. "Thank me now." he commanded.
 

"But how'd you know about the apple juice and his break time?" Jinyoung asked after realizing that everything was planned by the ever so great Im Jaebum. "I have ways." he shortly said as he walked towards his clipboard to check his schedule.  "Oh. Thank you!" The younger stated happily.

 

 

For the next days, Jinyoung assumed that things between him and Mark would be normal. He somehow hoped that the doctor would greet him every morning in at the vending machine. But it was utterly different. Mark remained cold to him; like the apple juice incident never happened at all.

One week passed and Jinyoung decided to stop himself from talking about the issue. Jaebum would surely stab him with a syringe because he's sure that the other would rather attend a thousand of patients instead of listening to his legendary ranting episodes. But what should he do? He just can't get enough of the doctor. He's driving me nuts.

 


He assisted an old patient towards the x-ray room. He can always say that helping others never fails to make him happy. Not to mention, he always has that soft spot for elderly and kids. "Nurse Park, please give this to Dr. Tuan." a voice from the head radio technologist was heard as he gave Jinyoung a couple of files. His spirit suddenly fired up. His blood heated as he finally realized how destiny is being good to him today. He reached for the papers and bid goodbye. Along the way, he looked for a generous amount of courage and luckily, he found some. I just have to be myself. He smiled.

 

Room 308;

Dr. Mark Tuan, MD
OPTHALMOLOGIST


He stopped right in front of the door and took a deep breath. He knocked 3 times and when a soft 'come in' was made, the nurse directly turned the knob and went further. It’s gonna be the first time that he'll be entering the doctor's sanctuary. There's a big white table, reclining chair, books neatly placed on the selves alongside with some picture frames. The equipments were also seen, certificates and a single white bed at the far corner of the room; beside the window. In their country, most of the doctors spend their nights in their clinics so bed is a necessity.


Mark was silently reading a book when he noticed a familiar pair of grey sneakers nearing his table. He looked up and saw Jinyoung with the folders. "Oh. Hi Jinyoung." He said, hands still on the book that he was reading. The nurse smiled and bowed. "Mr. Choi from the radio-technology department wants to give you these." Mark stood up and received the papers. Jinyoung never believed at how magical everything was until the doctor's hand brushed against his. Yes, he promised to act normally but he just can't help it. He blushed. "Have a seat." Mark beamed as he examined the papers and signed some documents. Jinyoung took a deep inhale, hoping that it can help to lessen all the tension clouded in his body.

"Your place looks good. Very neat and organized." he said, eyes wandering from one corner to another.
"It’s an essential." he replied, focused on the papers. Unintentionally, the nurse's eyes landed on the open book at the table. "Blueprints Of The Afterlife?" Jinyoung stated the title, pointing to the book as Mark glanced at him for a second before nodding. "Have you read this already?" the doctor asked while getting back to the files. Jinyoung is a bookworm and that book on Mark's desk is included in his favorites.

Jinyoung nodded. "Yeah. It was cool!" Mark handed him the folders before hushing him up with his index finger that almost got contact with the younger's cherry lips. "No spoilers." he chuckled handsomely. And at that point, the tension inside the nurse's physique ceased. It seemed like he's just talking to a friend. He can say that he's a step closer to his goal; be friends with the doctor or maybe more than that.


The raven-haired was torn between leaving and staying in the area as he watched the brunette, reading silently again. "You enjoy reading too?" Mark suddenly intrigued after turning a page. "Yup. It makes me feel like I’m in another dimension." Mark couldn’t agree more. Books became his stress reliever for the past months and it has become a habit for him to finish a book in one whole week. "So what are you planning to read after that?" Jinyoung added, absentmindedly tapping on the folders while eyeing Mark with all adoration.

"Medical books, I guess" the brunette joked and placed the blue bookmark on the boundary of the pages. He closed it and stared at Jinyoung who was controlling his laugh. "Yep. About poor eye sights." he muttered. "Why would I though?" Mark responded, slightly clueless. The nurse rolled his eyes and stood up after finally realizing that he still has some duties left before his next break. "Duh. You're an ophthalmologist, Dr. Tuan." and he laughed. Yeah because you're blink as . "I'll go ahead. Thank you." the nurse added as he carried the folders in his smooth arms.

4 steps away from the table were done. "When is your next break?" a voice from behind echoed. Jinyoung smirked, not facing the other. "5AM until 6AM." Mark realized that their schedules are alike.

"Can we...you know...hang out...--" Mark shyly constructed his words. No he's not good at this. Expressing was never his forte. Jinyoung reached the door and turned the knob, sliding half of his body outside. He looked back at Mark. "Whatever was that… Sure. I'll see you at the garden at 5:10." and Jinyoung exited.

 

Mark smiled to himself as he glanced at the clock. 3:08AM. Almost 2 hours left.

 

 

Mark was the first to reach the garden. He can feel the cold wind linger all over his body. Mostly, he spends his break times inside his clinic while gulping on his favorite apple juice from the vendo machine alongside with a tuna sandwich bought from the convenience store across the road. "I'm 10 minutes late. The last patient was being too stubborn about drinking his medicines. Sorry!" Jinyoung arrive without Mark noticing. He was too immersed with the view, not knowing that it's almost 5:20 in the morning. Mark smiled as the nurse sat beside him. "No problem." Jinyoung smiled when Mark handed him a bottle of cold caramel macchiato and a honey graze doughnut. The nurse was astonished. He never thought that the doctor would do such things for him. They've only talked, casually, few hours ago or maybe few weeks ago at the vendo machine. For an entire year of waiting for the doctor's attention, maybe at this point, everything paid off.

 "Mine?" Jinyoung asked, lost in the gaze of the brunette. Mark nodded and took a bite on his bread. They both stayed silent as they munched on their breakfast. "You spend your mornings here?" the doctor asked, looking at Jinyoung who's chewing the doughnut. "Sometimes. You know, when Jaebum is being grumpy and moody as ." He replied and they both giggled. "I assume this is your first time here." he added.

 

"Yup. I'm always in my clinic. I only go out when I'm g--"

"Going to buy a tuna sandwich from the convenience store." Jinyoung interrupted. Mark blinked many times before bobbing his head again. The raven-haired felt accomplished but not when he realized that he sounded like a creepy stalker. "How'd you know?" Mark questioned. "Well," he took a sip of his coffee. "...I always see you, every day." he admitted.

Mark replied a low hum and grinned. "Yeah. And you're always sitting at the bench beside the main door." It was Jiyoung's turn to wonder. Mark isn’t blind at all. He thought that the brunette never noticed him way back those days. The doctor sees him, Mark sees him frequently, or who knows...every day. The nurse took another bite, preparing his next question but suddenly Mark cleared the peaceful aura. "Wow!" he exclaimed looking at the outstanding image of sunrise before them. The doctor haven’t seen it that close. It was really beautiful and relaxing. Mark took his phone and captured a picture of the marvellous sight. It was more than amazing.

 

"It seems like someone's going to spend his mornings here from now on." Jinyoung confidently cheered, eyeing Mark cutely. The brunette smiled. "I'm quite certain about that." The following minutes become more entertaining than they thought. They started talking about their jobs and other things related to work. But all of a sudden, the hospital bell rung; signalling that it's already 6AM.

"Time to go!" Jinyoung said, tossing the empty bottle inside the waste bin. Mark stood up and soon, the younger followed. They walked until they're inside the building again. "See you around, Dr.Tuan. Thanks for the treat." the nurse half-heartedly whispered. He instantly turned his back, heading to the nearest elevator when again, a familiar voice stopped him. "10AM is my next break." Mark softly spoke.

Jinyoung calmed his butterflies and adopted the entire situation. "I'll be here at 10:05." he confidently replied, watching how the doctor’s face brightens up upon hearing his response. As soon as the nurse was nowhere to be seen, Mark happily trudged back to his clinic. He's sure that this day is going to be a great one. A morning done this way can make everything fine.

 

 

 

And the next incidents are pure history. Mark enjoyed spending his mornings at the garden; even his lunch and his evening break. Of course he's always with Jinyoung. They eat, talk and laugh together. It was something that Mark enjoyed, a lot. Jinyoung on the other hand, still pinches himself on a daily basis just to find out if he's dreaming or not. Despite of his natural and normal self in front of the doctor, there’s still a slight sting inside him. Their friendship is dream come true.

 

For 3 weeks, Mark and Jinyoung become very close friends. So close that Mark allows Jinyoung to stay in his clinic, he treats the nurse for breakfast, they also take pictures together and other things. Jinyoung would also prepare some food for their lunch, his camera roll was filled with his and Mark's selcas, and also their sudden touchy-ness and possessiveness towards each other.

 

It was their day off when Mark took the risk and asked Jinyoung out for a date. Surely, the nurse would never say no. They met up in a small cafe that afternoon. Mark wore his typical clothes; white tank top, green polo to cover up and jeans while Jinyoung wore a white shirt partnered with jeans as well.

Mark arrived first, as expected. Time flew fast before them. Exactly 1 month and 3 days after the apple juice incident, he never expected that things would turn out like this. He got too attached to Jinyoung; physically, mentally and emotionally. He can't elaborate why and he'd rather not. At least he's sure about that fact that Jinyoung holds a very high place in his heart. He hopes that the other feels the same way too.

Jinyoung rode a bus en route to the cafe. Same with him, the turmoil of things happened so unexpected yet natural. He just woke up one day realizing how much he needed Mark in his life. He was too drown towards the doctor and he loves the feeling though.

 

"I'm late. Blame the traffic. Sorry." The nurse said, sitting on the chair infront of Mark. The brunette smiled and shook his head. "I'm used to it anyway." he joked as Jinyoung pouted. The conversation ended when they both decided to go on a nearby bookstore and buy some new books. Sooner, they arrived at the place. Jinyoung was overjoyed about the books before him so he run immediately towards the new releases and Mark went along.

The doctor took a couple of books that captured his attention and proceeded to the reading area. He sighted Jinyoung, still searching for more books despite of having a pile on his arms already. Mark had begun reading some of the books. Mostly, those are about life, adventures and love. The last book that he saw easily caught his attention so he grabbed it right away.

 

"10 Reasons Why You Should Date A Nurse" Jinyoung read the title of the last book on Marks hands. The brunette, stoned, closed the book and scratched his nape. He blushed as the nurse sat beside him. Mark noticed the book on the other's hands. It's about love and mystery. "Screw that book, I'll show you the real reasons." and he dragged Mark towards the counter.

 

It didn’t take too long for them to agree that they should continue their date at a city park. Sitting on a bench, Mark asked. "Describe me in one word." Jinyoung was caught off-guard but he still tried to come up with an answer. "Blind." he responded, seriously. "Why?" The shocked doctor intrigued.

 "I really have a huge crush on you ever since I worked at the hospital. But I seemed invisible to you. You never notice me before. You, describe me in one word."

Mark pulled him closer. "Unpredictable". Jinyoung looked at him and wondered. "I've always had a crush on you too. I'm just too shy to make a move cause you seemed so firm and proper." the doctor added.

Their feelings are mutual. And how did I become 'unpredictable'? The nurse questioned himself. He anticipated for a follow up explanation but there’s none. Mark's arm was around his shoulder while his hand was on the brunette's thigh, tapping his fingers subconsciously.

 

“Jinyoung-ah, did you cut my phrenic nerve? Because you take my breath away.” The doctor said, making Jinyoung laugh hysterically.

The nurse moved closer to Mark. “Shut up. You’re giving me a premature ventricular contraction.”

 

 

 

Things were really fast that night. They just found themselves at Jinyoung's apartment; sprawled on the couch due to tiredness. A perfect date indeed. Mark stared at Jinyoung as he hugged the man from the back. It has become a normal thing for them. "I never thought that I’d like you this bad." he mumbled against the nurse's back. Yes, Mark never thought of it. A simple crush turned into something deeper than Pacific. "I never thought that you're weird, easy going and wild all at the same time.“ He added.

"Me too. I thought doctors are not the crazy type but you're a freak- hipster." Jinyoung said, laughing. He tilted his head and Mark took the opportunity to bury his face on the space in between the nurse’s shoulders and neck. He inhaled the sweet yet tingly scent of citrus of the other’s skin. Jinyoung looked over the other and ruffled his hair. “You like me?” he gently repeated the words that Mark said earlier.

 

The doctor snuggled tighter and run his nose on the side of the nurse’s neck which sent shivers down until his spine. “No.” Mark said, pulling Jinyoung closer. The nurse widens his eyes and tried to turn his body but Mark’s grip was so secured. “But you said…”

 

Mark beamed and pecked a light kiss at the base of Jinyoung’s collar. “I love you.”

Jinyoung blushed and cupped the doctor’s cheeks, titling it to the right angle so that their needy lips could meet. He pulled Mark and the anticipated collision happened. The kiss was full of affection and longing. “I love you too.”

 

 

 

 

“Where are you going?” Jaebum intrigued while re-reading his new list of chores and patients on his checklist before preparing to proceed on the vendo machine. Jinyoung just smirked and carried a bottle of apple juice. “Oh… Okay. Be back at 6AM.” The other nurse added and walked away. Jinyoung happily made his way towards the third floor, when he arrived on Mark’s room, he effortlessly went in.

It’s been a month since they became official. Mark was reading a book that they bought before. “Hey!” the nurse greeted, placing the bottle on the table and claiming the doctor’s lips for a sweet kiss. Mark just smiled and closed the book. Suddenly, his phone rang. The nurse looked at the scene and saw a particular name that made him frown. He gazed at Mark, annoyed. “Jackson?” Jackson was Mark’s past patient that obviously likes him. It annoys JIinyoung knowing that this guy is more than willing to do anything to get Mark’s attention. It’s not that he never trusted his lover but it’s better to be sure.

 

“He’s the one who keeps on calling me.” Mark protested. And with that, Jinyoung took the phone and pressed the answer button. The doctor remained calm and anticipated how his boyfriend would react. The nurse flashed his signature smile and stared at Mark. The voice on the other line spoke. “Hi Mark! It’s me Jackson! Are you free --”

 

Jinyoung interrupted. “Good day. I just want to inform you that Dr. Tuan is currently having a very private consultation with his boyfriend. Oh, and please do stop hitting on what’s mine. I hope you understand. Thank you and bye.” He ended the call not even waiting for a reply.

Mark chuckled at Jinyoung’s actions. He’s really cute when he’s jealous. “So, what about that very private consultation?” he deeply said, standing and walking towards the chair where Jinyoung is sitting. He slid his hands on the other’s shoulders and caressed in lightly. The nurse stood up and pushed the doctor on the bed at the far corner of the room.

 

“I’m feeling kinda hot and… I think I need some physical check-up.” He replied, climbing onto Mark’s lap and wrapping his legs on the other’s waist with his hands around the doctor’s neck to pull their faces closer. Mark grinned and wandered his hands on Jinyoung’s body. “30 minutes left until 6AM. That’s short!” he complained.

Jinyoung giggled, ily. “I know, so better shut up and start doing your thing.” The doctor brushed the nurse’s bangs off his forehead to give a full look of his alluring face. “Someone’s impatient.” He whispered right into Jinyoung’s ear before biting it.

The nurse groaned. “I’m not your patient but I’ll be extra submissive today.”

“Sounds awesome.” Mark pulled him into a deep, passionate kiss.

“I know right.” Jinyoung positively declared while looking directly at Mark’s eyes. “So, shall we start?” he added, grinning then he smiled sweetly.

“Gladly.”