Introduction

Virtual Love

Introduction:

 

 

It has been months now that the five robots were in line contemplating each and every move of their creator: HongBin. The man had one goal and he wouldn’t stop until he had complete it. But from what the five cyborg could see, they felt, no they knew he was about to reach it. What a stupid idea. Cyborg couldn’t feel anything. They were just robots. How robots were to have emotions? The only way these robots were different from the one “living” in every home were that they had been loaded with memories from HongBin’s friends… Those friends he missed so much… Those friends who had tragically died in a car accident…

At that time HongBin, in a hopeless instinct, had decided to take the memories he could from the dead bodies of his friends. All the parents had agreed and, thanks to that and to his swift impulse, he had been able to take those flashes of recall.

Later on, when his girlfriend had discovered she was ill and going to die, he had decided to do everything he could to make her live longer by any means. But for that he had decided to make his friends live too.

In the world they were living, people didn’t matter that much anymore. After all, scientists had created a “better” being. Robots couldn’t really die. Sure, there were times in which they failed but most of the time this failure could be fixed. Robots couldn’t have illness; they were not likely to die from cancer or anything.

However, coming from that, rules had been instituted: No one could create a robot except scientists.

But the first rule that was not to be broken was this one: Nobody was allowed to humanize a robot IN ANY WAY.

 

And it was this rule that HongBin had broker already five times.

 

When others would have lived in fear, HongBin didn’t care at all of what was going to be of him. He had lost too much, he had lost to many people he loved so much to care about anything now.

Sometimes he even hoped to be taken by the police and to be killed by them. That way at least he wouldn’t live with his losses and pain anymore. But most of the time, he just hoped to have enough time to make of his project a success.

He had seen his friends live a bit longer in these robots in line. Leo’s robot was just as quiet when Ken’s one was sassy and N’s one was just too talkative. He had just had the impression to have his friends near him again. Hyuk’s robot even had asked him why he hadn’t thought to put an “off” button on N. This was supposed to be a funny comment but it had made him think of his lost friend so much that he had cried for days before being able to continue create the robots.

A police was going everywhere, searching through houses and dark placed, everywhere an illegal robot was to be hidden.

HongBin nervously waited for the computer to show 100% complete as the memory was loaded in his latest creation.

She was perfect just as his girlfriend had been. She looks like the human being in every way. Except that the girl had lived and died. The robot had been created and was now about to “live” as much of a robot could live.

When it happened, HongBin came out of his trance and run to see what was to happen. Will the cyborg recognize him as much as the five cyborgs of his friends has recognized him? The girl’s look was empty, showing no emotions as it looked right at him. HongBin was holding his breath as he feared a failure. He wouldn’t be able to hide his robots long enough to create another robot or try the process another time. A faint rictus held his attention. The girl was trying to smile at him. If she smiled it meant that she remembered him.

HongBin’s tears felt on his cheeks as he realized she was back. Somehow.

 

 

 

It's seems so tiny here on AFF...
So... I decided to make it at least a two shots because I needed this introduction. Sadly enough I won't post the rest until tomorrow. I'll also be posting a poll to know who wants more and who doesn't ;)

Sorry about this, I'm a young primary school teacher and I have A LOT of work and I have "holidays" but I already know that I will definitely spend this week working anyway... :/