Heartbreak

#MyAppBoyfie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jongin tapped his foot nervously against the concrete. He felt jittery, choosing to keep his eyes glued to his lap where he twiddled his thumbs- a habit he never quite got over since childhood. Kyungsoo, his boyfriend of 2 months, had called him out for a meeting. Judging from his tone of voice, it was a serious matter. The phone call itself was short, and rather cold that Jongin almost shivered.

“Jongin.” His head snapped up, noticing the shorter male standing before him with conflicted eyes.

“Kyungsoo,” Jongin forced a smile, “you’re – “

“I’ll make this short,” Kyungsoo cuts him off, making Jongin frown, “I’ll get straight to the point… I owe you that much.”

Jongin’s eyebrows knitted in confusion, but he chose to keep quiet, trying to calm his racing heart. He somehow got a gut feeling of what was to happen, though he somehow hoped it wasn't what he thought it would be. Kyungsoo's been such a sweetheart, after all. So gentle with him, and understanding of his little flaws. He even, at some point, thought that maybe, just maybe, they would last. They complimented each other really well, like pieces of a puzzle that fit perfectly.

Kyungsoo's face now, however, has him doubting.

Mark my words, he's going to leave you.

He tries to ignore that taunting voice.

"I-- Look, Jongin, I really did like you, yeah?" The shorter male stammers uncharacteristically, rubbing his nape as he tried to find the right words, "I mean, we've had a good run, but I think it's best if we stop now."

See, I told you he was too good to be true.

Jongin tries pushing the thought to the back of his mind as he let Kyungsoo's words sink in. His stomach twisted and turned, and he wants to say something but the words die in his throat. "B-but..."

He wants to ask what he possibly did wrong, what he could do to make amends, but is throat feels to dry that he couldn't mutter anything else. "Why?"

"Look, it's not you, it's me, okay?" Classic, the more sarcastic side of Jongin scoffs. "I'm just... not feeling it."

As much as Jongin wants to bawl and scream, he doesn't. Kim Jongin does not throw tantrums. Well, in public, anyway. He does, however, allow himself to get annoyed.

"Really?" He scoffs out loud, catching Kyungsoo off guard, who had thought that Jongin would merely take the news quietly, "Couldn't you have found a much better excuse?"

It was insulting, to say the least, to have been given such petty excuse for a break up. Jongin had an inkling, though, that it had something to do with Kyungsoo's sudden fascination for Park Chan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter