1. Un.

Chains.

Tiffany's POV


September 2017, Seoul, South Korea.

 

It's a cold night, the storm is strong and the wind was growling against the windows, maybe they came to get me out of this golden prison or they are here to violently remind me that I will never get out of this overpowering place. 

Standing up in front of the mirror I see a woman, she looked at me and I saw something in her brown orbs: Misery. How can someone as beautiful as her be miserable? I can tell she's wealthy as I see her madly expensive luxury clothes.

A thunder lighted up the room interrupting my delivering thoughts. I saw something sparkling on the woman's fourth finger, a ring that, in my eyes, looked more like unbreakable chains. Then I looked at her eyes again as they began to tell me stories about times where the sun,the moon and the stars used to shine on her path...


Flashback


January 1st, 2015, San Diego, California


The music echoed all over the place. It was my cousin's new year party. There were people dancing, grinding, drinking, eating, smoking, kissing and other things I didn't want to know. I felt the urge of going to the bathroom and started walking towards when someone bumped into me and started groping my , it was a man and he was completely wasted and possibly , I got him off of me and threw him on the floor.
"I'm going to call my security to get you out of here, you ing creep." I was going to punch him, very hard, when this beautiful girl stopped me from doing so.
"Please don't hit him. He's a friend of mine, I apologize on his behalf..." She started apologizing but I was so mesmerized by her that I didn't pay attention to what she was saying. I finally found my voice and spoke to her.  

"It's alright, I won't call anyone nor punch him myself, but only if you tell me your name"
"My name is Elena." She said with a shy voice.
"Nice to meet you, Elena."

 

May 2015, Los Angeles, California


"Good morning Tiff, did you finished the assignments that Professor Thurston gave us to do?" My best friend Joseph Rowen asked me as we walked through the corridor to our classroom. 

"I had a sleepless night because of a bunch of belated assignments but I managed to get everything done. I can say it is pretty well done." I answered feeling confident. 

"I have no doubts but I can say mine will be much better than yours."

"You wish, Joe, keep dreaming." We both laughed and kept walking until we reached and entered the classroom; it was empty so we decided to stay outside to wait for the professor and the rest of our classmates. Joe started to talk.
"I would like to know why your assignments got delayed; Professor Thurston gave it to us about two months ago."
"Let's say I have some...things to take care of."
"Ah! I guess those things or that thing has a name and a surname, I wonder...is it called Elena Garland perhaps?" said Joe while moving his eyebrows and giving a suggestive look.

"Don't start to complain about my girlfriend - I punched him playfully.
"I'm not saying anything but you look less lifeless than before after what that Lauren girl did to you, I'm not used to see you being all smiles and being all Rihanna shining bright like a diamond."
"Lauren is buried in the past and I learned things thanks to her, it was something that was meant to happen but now I feel happy."

I felt a pair of arms encircling my waist and a kiss in my cheek.

"Hi love."  I turned around and hugged her tightly. 

"Hi pretty, did you sleep well last night?"
"Ew guys, guys, I'm still here, Elena just arrived and you both are already giving me diabetes."
"Oh! Hello Joe, sorry." said Elena.
"I would let it pass since you're the reason why Grumpy HellFany is gone now."
We saw Professor Thurston approaching and we entered into the classroom.