Song

Rain Sounds

Montsy, I hope you'll like this. 

 

 

Kyuhyun was there, standing and stunning, watching the one person who was standing bit far from the area, crying silently, alone. It was raining, but the other wasn’t bother to have his umbrella with him, only cupping his mouth with his tiny hands, crying his heart out, alone.

 

A tugged on his shirt startled him; making him break the view from watching the crying alone man. Kyuhyun turned and his heart shattered seeing the red eyes from his beloved mother, their beloved mother.

 

‘Let’s go back home, Kyu.’ His mother said, trying her best to not show how weak she was at that time. Kyuhyun knew she was having hard time, Kyuhyun knew she was trying to show that she is fine, and that Kyuhyun shouldn’t worry about her. But he was his mother, their mother. To be honest, Kyuhyun wished that she will break down, fall into misery after Donghae’s death. If his mother broken, maybe he could be the person to amend her broken heart. He just wished once in his life time that he could be his mother pillar of support, too.

 

Kyuhyun nodded, leading their mother. He suddenly stopped when he saw the same person still in his position. ‘Umma, you go first. I have something to do.’ Kyuhyun said to their mother, smiling. His mother nodded, smiled for his son, but Kyuhyun knew the smile didn’t even reach her eyes.

 

He walked to the person after sending his mother inside a taxi. Kyuhyun coughed, wanted to get some attention from the person, but he was too busy wailing his heart to even notice him. Or that was what Kyuhyun was thinking.

 

Kyuhyun examined the other features; pale skin, red pointy nose, plump lips. The other was sitting on the ground, his lower part was drenched with mud water, but seem likes he didn’t care. Or more like he didn’t know. Kyuhyun’s hand, which was in the middle of air stopped as soon as he heard the other mumbling, calling one name. One name that was so familiar to him.

 

‘Donghae…’ He sobbed. And Kyuhyun’s heart clenched painfully at the pained voice. ‘Donghae…’ Kyuhyun looked down to the ground. It could never be me.

 

Kyuhyun took the crying one hand, startled the other for being touched by a stranger. He was about to screamed in fear, afraid that someone was trying to harm him, especially when he was at his worst state at this time. But all he could feel that his hand was being lead to hold onto something, something like a rod, the other was firmly put his hand on the hook like rod. When the hand retreated, he no longer felt drenched by rain.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Sorry, but, are you blind?” same question but different feeling with different boy.

 

“Ah, my name is Kyuhyun, your new neighborhood, nice to meet you”

 

Kyuhyun forcefully reached for Hyukjae’s hand, cupped his face with Hyukjae's hand. Hyukjae was taken aback by Kyuhyun’s sudden act.

 

"I'm tall, have handsome and perfect face, please noted this, I'll be the most handsome man in the world you ever meet"

 

Different boy and same narcissistic attitude. What a laugh. Hyukjae chuckled, remembered how the first time Donghae had introduced himself to him. Even until his death I didn’t even know how he looks like. Hyukjae thought, completely ignoring the other who was looking attentively at him. Not like Hyukjae knew though. After that, only comfortable silent engulfed them. No one bother to talk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Hyukkie, closed your eyes and imagine. The rain plays a melody. Can you hear it?”

“No”

“Hyukkie, closed your eyes!” Donghae whined and Hyukjae could hear Donghae stomp his feet childishly. Hyukjae was amazed; the arrogant boy has childish side.

“It’s no different thou” and only the silent can be heard –except the rain sound- after Hyukjae spoke.

“Don’t say that Hyuk, I don’t like it” Hyukjae heard the disappointment in Donghae’s voice.

 

“What are you doing?” Hyukjae knew it was Kyuhyun’s voice, it almost half year they being an item. Kyuhyun took a sit beside him, wrapping his arms to Hyukjae’s tiny waist.

 

“Kyuhyun, can you hear it?” Hyukjae said without open his eyes, leaning on the taller shoulder, enjoying Kyuhyun’s presence beside him.

 

“What? Sound of rainfall?” Hyukjae only smile. But he was blind; he was blind to see the pained expression on Kyuhyun’s face. It could never be me.

 

“Feel the rhythm”

“Nothing special Donghae, it’s only sound of rainfall”

“No Hyuk, closed your eyes and feel the rhythm! Feel it Hyuk, don’t use your ear but your heart” Donghae said in demand.

“This is so stupid”

 

“Kyuhyun, how rain is formed?” Hyukjae asked, head still remained on the taller shoulder, and he didn’t have intention to change it. He blindly searched for the other hand, desperately wanted to intertwine it with his. Hyukjae smiled when he felt Kyuhyun’s hand capturing his, and at how Kyuhyun clenched Hyukjae’s hand tightly inside his grasp.

 

“Huh? Rain? The sun’s heat evaporates the water, it remains in the atmosphere until it condenses, first into clouds and then into raindrops. You didn’t know?” Kyuhyun said, his left hand gently caressing Hyukjae’s lock, while his right hand firmly intertwined with Hyukjae’s one.

 

“Did you know the reason why listen the sound of rain will make you more relax?” Hyukjae was now snuggled closer to the other.

 

“I don’t know. Are you a fan of rain sound? Like or what? Nothing special with rain sound” Kyuhyun wanted to scream, shouting at Hyukjae to not talk about this topic anymore. It pained him that everything that had happened around Hyukjae, involved Donghae.

 

I am here for you too, Hyuk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Closed your eyes, feel the rhythm, every single drops of rain that falls have a tune. So do la fa mi do re… and if you put your heart in, you could hear if the rains is singing” Donghae explained to him desperately, but he only shook his head.

‘I can’t hear it.’

 

‘Did you know Kyu?’ Hyukjae asked and Kyuhyun hummed as answer. ‘That every couple had their own rain sound?’ Kyuhyun wrapped his arms to Hyukjae’s body, since the smaller had lean his whole body towards him, as he was the pillow to support him.

 

‘Really? Then what is our song?’ Kyuhyun asked, wrapping his arms tightly, as he was afraid he’s going to lost Hyukjae if he didn’t.

 

‘Why don’t you guess?’ Hyukjae asked, chuckling lightly when he felt Kyuhyun was leaving kisses on his body, everywhere.

 

‘Dududu…’

 

‘Hmm?’

 

‘Dududu… it’s our rain song.’

 

‘Dududu?’

 

‘Dududu… dududu… can you hear it Hyuk?’

 

‘Dududu…’ Hyukjae imitated, smiling shyly. He snuggled more to Kyuhyun’s chest, hiding his blushing face. Dududu…

 

Kyuhyun laughed when he heard Hyukjae soft voice singing their ‘rain song’. He was all smiling outside, but Hyukjae didn’t know one, that he was crying inside.  

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

With closed eyes, Kyuhyun hear the sound of the rain. Start to remember his memories with Hyukjae. When the first time he met Hyukjae, when Hyukjae invite him to his sanctuary place, accompanying Hyukjae to listen the rain sounds.

 

“Donghae hyung, he still and always remember you, I can’t replace you” one single drop escaped from his eyes. “Should I leave this world like you?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

‘Kyu?’ Hyukjae called but there was no answer. The apartment was empty, with blind eyes, Hyukjae walked inside. It has been five days since Kyuhyun suddenly disappeared, leaving him all alone. He didn’t understand why though. Kyuhyun didn’t say words.

 

Using his hand, he blindly walked to Kyuhyun’s room. Although he was blind, Hyukjae know by heart how Kyuhyun’s place looked like. Kyuhyun had visualized it to him; each times he was in the apartment. And the taller, aware of his condition, never changed his furniture position, so that Hyukjae could walked in ease inside his apartment, without worried if he’s going to fall down, or bang on the wall.

 

‘Kyu… Kyu, are you inside?’ Hyukjae asked, but still no one to answer him. He wanted to cry, he wanted to scream. He wanted Kyuhyun. He wanted to be in that man embrace, once again. ‘Kyu…’ He called, desperately. Hyukjae didn’t know when, but he knew his tears had invaded his face.

 

And as if someone was giving a cue, rain was falling down outside.

 

Hyukjae collapsed on the spot, he felt drained. He knew this feeling, he understand this silent. Kyuhyun had left him. Just like Donghae.

 

Dududu… dududu…’ Hyukjae sang. ‘I can hear it, Kyu.’ He said in his sob. ‘Can you hear it?’ He said in agony. ‘Can you hear our rain song, Kyu? They are singing. The rain is singing our rain song, Kyu. Can it reach your heart? Like how it had reached mine?’

 

A cracked sound from the bed, as if someone was waking up from it, making Hyukjae quickly and blindly search for the source. Hyukjae felt warm hand intertwined his, and another one cupped his face, lovingly. And Hyukjae knew whose they are.

 

‘So do la fa mi do re…’ Hyukjae said, leaning against the hand that cupped his face. ‘That was Donghae’s rain song.’ He explained and sadness could be seen on Kyuhyun’s face. But Hyukjae didn’t see it.

 

‘He told me. He told me to close my eyes and let the song reach my heart.’ The hand was retreating, but Hyukjae held it. ‘But it never reached mine.’ He said and for once, Kyuhyun stunned.

 

‘Donghae’s rain song never reaches my heart, unlike yours. The moment you create the song, our rain song, it quickly reached mine. I can hear it during raining. And it remained inside my heart. I can hear it, Kyu. I can even hear it now. And it was getting stronger, and louder, as if it was telling me how much you love me. Can you hear it, Kyu?’

 

Arms enveloped Hyukjae into a new hug; warm, tight and secure. ‘Yes, Hyuk. I can hear it.’ Kyuhyun mumbled, hiding his face to Hyukjae’s neck. Hyukjae could felt tears streaming down from Kyuhyun’s face to his body, and he smiled.

 

‘Was it clear?’ He asked and Kyuhyun nodded.

 

‘Was it loud?’ He asked again and Kyuhyun nodded, small sobbed erupted from him.

 

‘That’s how deep my love to you, Kyu. Just like yours.’ Hyukjae said and Kyuhyun nodded understand, hugging Hyukjae as tight as he can.

 

Dududu… dududu… It was loud, it was clear. And it was symbolize our love towards each other.  

 

The End.

 

This is my first time doing a re-make of someone else. Hope the original author and you enjoy it.