reflection

Mirror

She stared at the mirror looking at her reflections. Smooth fair skin, round eyes, black hair, pretty lips and a sharp nose.

 

She inherited it from her parents, but she’s far from thankful to them. She didn’t hate them, she loves them.

 

But she hated her face so much.

 

She glance at her bed, looking at the men who peacefully sleeping. Admiring the beautiful figure that lying in front of her. Listening to his breathing.

 

She loves him. So much that she’s willing to sacrifice herself. Abandon her desire. Forsake her life.

But it hurts when he doesn’t love her the way she did.

 

Her heart bleeds when the name that he called upon making love wasn’t hers, but Sohee.

 

That’s right, not Sandara Park, but Sohee Park.

 

The beautiful and perfect Sohee Park.

 

Who happened to be her twin sister who shares the same face, and almost everything about their outside appearance but not the inside.

 

She wanted to scream to the world, telling them that they are indeed a different person, if only people try to open their eyes and look closely.

 

But people thought that it was cute to have a twin, and to share everything. That was their thought.

 

She hated it that everyone loved Sohee much more. Everyone loves her, their parents, their friends and teachers.

 

Meanwhile, Sandara have to struggle to be on top and to pass Saohee achievement to be acknowledged by others.

 

She even help covering Sohee from the misdeeds that she done.

 

She doesn’t even care because she can work hard to gain everything that Sohee has.

 

She’s an independent girl who had her own goal, to passed Sohee in everything.

 

But then Sandara fall in love with Jiyong.

 

He’s charming, he’s bright, he’s funny, and he’s filling the empty space Sandara has in her heart. He’s her first love.

 

But Jiyong doesn’t love her the way she do. He falls for Sohee.

 

And Sohee gladly accepted his heart.

 

Sandara know Sohee doesn’t even love Jiyong but like her, Sohee also wants everything that Sandara had.

 

They lived trying to compete with each other.

 

But then Sohee went missing while she’s on vacation at an island, her body never found.

 

Their parents mourned and still cannot accept her death.

 

Jiyong is losing his desire to live. He’s heartbroken.

 

Everything changed.

 

People pity her.

 

People start to show their affections towards her. Giving their sympathy words over Sohee lost that Sandara didn’t wish to listen.

 

 And then, what she never expected, happened.

 

Jiyong realize that she is still exist, but only forgotten.

 

But reality being so cruel to her.

 

Jiyong came to her because of her looks, her face.

 

She looks exactly like Sohee. She hated that.

 

Sandara know that Jiyong is hers now, but his heart is never hers.

 

She took a look at the mirror again. She smirked.

 

She took the scissors on the dressing table, holding it closed to her cheek and began ripping the skin on her cheek.

 

Red blood dripping from her cheek and flow to her long neck.

 

She felt so painful. The cut is deep, tore her flesh. Her tears drops.

 

But she doesn’t care.

 

She won’t be overshadowed by Sohee, ever again.