~ Unique Ways ~

[Super Junior] Unique Ways (Kyu Hyun Oneshot)

“Sung Min Oppa!” Jeannie called, running over to her friend and another boy he was standing with. One hand flung in the air, waving, the other dragging her friend along close behind her. “Hey!” Sung Min waved back with a smile as the girls quickly approached him and Kyu Hyun. Jeannie’s smile dropped a little when she saw who Sung Min had taken along with him. She stared for a few seconds and then snapped out of it. “oh, this is my friend!” Jeannie said, signalling to the girl she’d dragged across the shopping centre to meet them. “Nice to meet you, I’m Carey!” The girl smiled and bowed, greeting the boys. “Nice to meet you.” Sung Min replied with a smile. “This is my friend, Kyu Hyun.” Sung Min said pointing the boy that stood next to him, yet to say a word. He raised his hand and did a little salute. “Hey.” He said to the girls. “Oh, You already know Kyu Hyun, don’t you, Jeannie?” Sung Min said, remembering a time a few months back. “Ah…yes.” Jeannie nodded, reminiscing that day. “It was at the MV shooting, wasn’t it?” Sung Min continued. “Yeah. She stood on my foot.” Kyu Hyun informed them coldly. Jeannie, looked away from his deathly gaze. There was a short silence but Sung Min quickly broke it off with a laugh. “You’re not still holding a grudge against that, are you? Grow up, Kyu Hyun!” He chuckled to himself. Kyu Hyun didn’t say anything in response. He only remained silent.

“Ahhh…Shall we get going, then?” Sung Min suddenly said, seeing the conversation was becoming awkward. The girls nodded happily and they began to walk further into the shopping centre, browsing around different shops. Sung Min had invited Jeannie along on a shopping trip and told her to bring a friend along as he was going to as well. However, if Jeannie had known it was Kyu Hyun, she probably would have turned his offer down. Sung Min knew that, too. That’s probably why he didn’t mention which friend he would be bringing along. First, they went into the CD and DVD stores, looking for a few albums Sung Min had been wanting to buy. Carey was also looking for a DVD she’d seen advertised on TV earlier. They seemed to get along quite well with each other. Once in the store, they went off to help each other find what they wanted. Jeannie walked around slowly and browsed the CDs. One with a particularly bright cover caught her eye. She picked it up only to realise it was an old band that her parents had listened to when she was younger. Looking at the CD brought back lots of memories. Subconsciously, she let out a little laugh as she remembers how her mother used to dance around to the band’s songs whenever they were on the radio.

“You look like a lunatic.” A voice said, a hint of pleasure present in its tone. I looked up to See Kyu Hyun facing me from the next isle. “Stop laughing to yourself for no reason, people will think you’re crazy…not that you aren’t.” Jeannie pouted and put down the CD before folding her arms. “You’re not going to let it go, are you? I’m sorry I stood on your foot! Stop being a drama queen!” Kyu Hyun laughed. “You also spilt water on me and shut a door on my hand.” Kyu Hyun said, listing the mishaps that had occurred in their previous meeting. “It’s not as if I did it on purpose to hurt you!” Jeannie moaned. Just then she noticed Sung Min and Carey waving to them. “We’re finished in here guys, ready to go?” Jeannie nodded. “Yeah, we’re ready.” She looked back to Kyu Hyun briefly. His eyes grazed her up and down once before he walked off in the direction of the exit. Jeannie sighed to herself. “What an idiot!” she cursed quietly before following after him.

The next shop was a clothing store. This time, they all split up to look around. Jeannie quickly picked up a few items she took a liking to and then spent the rest of the time looking around the men’s section, helping Sung Min. “Yah~ Jeannie, can’t you just try and get along with Kyu Hyun!?” He moaned, while going through a rack of t-shirts that were hanging up. Jeannie laughed in a slight sarcastic tone. “You think I haven’t tried? That guy has decided he hates me and isn’t prepared to change his mind!” She said, pouting. Sung Min turned to her with his big puppy dog eyes. “I’ll talk to him and soften him up. So, please try a little more?” he pleaded with a sad face. Jeannie shrugged. “Okay. But, I don’t see what good it’s going to do.” “Yay!” Sung Min jumped slightly in happiness. “What’s with you anyway!?” Jeannie laughed at her friend. Sung Min noticed Kyu Hyun looking around near to where they were. “Hey! Go and talk to him a little more, now!” He demanded, pointing to where Kyu Hyun was. Jeannie nodded, still a little unsure and made her way over to him. He was browsing through different shirts and picked up a grey chequered one. “That’ll suit you well.” Jeannie said, approaching him from behind. He turned around to see who had gave him the complement. However, when he saw it was Jeannie he wasn’t really prepared to accept it. “I don’t trust your bad taste.” He said before putting it back onto the rack. Jeannie frowned. “Why are you being so mean!? I’m trying to make it up to you, but you’re just throwing it back in my face!” she growled, angrily. Kyu Hyun didn’t reply and went back to what he was doing. Not wanting to argue anymore, Jeannie stomped back over to Sung Min and reported the whole thing.

After they’d spent a few hours shopping, they ate together before heading home. Throughout the whole meal Sung Min and Carey had been the only ones to speak. Jeannie and Kyu Hyun remained silent, not uttering a word. “How are you girls getting home?” Sung Min asked as we said our goodbyes. “I’m walking, Carey’s catching a bus back to Nam Cheul-dong.” Jeannie informed him. “Oh! Nam Cheul-dong? That’s right by me! I’ll give you a lift!” Sung Min offered Casey, with a smile. “Oh! Are you sure? Thanks a lot!” She replied happily. The really seemed to be hitting it off. “And what do you mean, walking!?” Sung Min asked, turning to Jeannie. “You like 40 minutes away! Anyway, your house is quite near to Kyu Hyun’s. He’ll give you a lift.” Sung Min said, without even asking if that was okay with Kyu Hyun. Jeannie saw the disgust in his face when Sung Min suggested it. “No, that’s fine. I need the exercise!” She lied, trying to work her way out of it. “What!? You’re too skinny as it is!” Sung Min countered, shocked. “No, no. It’s-“ Jeannie started but was cut off by Kyu Hyun. “It’s fine. Just ride with me.”

Reluctantly, Jeannie said goodbye to her friends as they drove off in Sung Min’s car and then silently followed Kyu Hyun through the car park to his car. He unlocked his car and got in. “You know, don’t worry. I’ll just walk. It’ll be better for both of us.” Jeannie said, still standing outside the car. “Just get it and stop !” Kyu Hyun barked back quickly. Jeannie sighed and got into the passenger seat. “Why are you being so mean!?” Jeannie asked as they began to pull away. “I don’t think you want to know.” He said with a slight smirk. “What? So, that means there is a reason!? Please, tell me!” Kyu Hyun laughed again. “You don’t want to know~” He chimed. “I do!” Jeannie growled back, becoming annoyed. “You don’t!” He continued to . “I do, I do!” she barked back. “I think you’re going to regret it if I tell you!” Kyu Hyun chirped. “Look, I won’t! Just tell me!” Jeannie shouted again. “Okay then.” Kyu Hyun gave in. Suddenly he pulled the car over and stopped in a quiet side street. “Kyu Hyun, where are you going?” Jeannie asked, confused. He turned to face her. “You wanted to know why I was being mean, right?” Jeannie frowned and nodded, not knowing why he needed to stop the car exactly. “Well, here it is!” Kyu Hyun announced before leaning closer and planting a kiss on Jeannie’s lips. She was shocked but still didn’t pull away. When Kyu Hyun broke the kiss and leant back into his seat he let out a slight laugh. “I knew you’d regret it!” He said, starting the engine up again. “I don’t.” Jeannie suddenly said. “Huh?” Kyu Hyun said, surprised by her remark. “I don’t regret!” She said proudly. “You accept my feelings? Kyu Hyun asked in disbelief. Jeannie nodded. “But, can I just say…you have one WEIRD way of showing your feelings!” Kyu Hyun laughed. “Everyone shows their emotions differently!” he argues in his defence. “Even then!” She said, laughing. “You were making it out like you hated every part of me!” Kyu Hyun smiled. “Well, I don’t. I don’t hate you at all.” Jeannie smiled. “I don’t hate you, too.”