Final - Hiding and Seeking (Feelings)

Gotcha.

Life was great. 

 

It was great to have just started New Year holidays. The well-deserved break after some intense exams on English, Math, History, Geography, Sports.... Ugh, sports. Rolling around in bed with nothing much to worry about for the past three days felt like heaven and serves as the greatest escape from school... and other things. 

 

Unfortunately this Narnia is about to be invaded.

 

A consistent thud on the floor made its way towards the room before the bedroom door basically exploded and revealed a loud and cheery Wen Jing. 

 

"XIAYAN!! TIME TO LEAVE THE HOUSE!"

 

Xiayan looked towards the girl catching her breath against the doorframe with wideyes.

 

"What?"

"C'mon you heard me, we're going out to the park with the boys"

"Wa- When did I agree to this?? And why are we hanging out with the guys??"

"You never did, but it does no harm anyway. You always hang out with them, just not recently because of exams. Stop being weird Xiayan."

 

Clearly Wenjing was not aware of how much harm it could do. Xiayan didn't tell anyone, but she recently confessed to Luhan. Unfortunately she ran off immediately after, afraid of his reaction, and since then hasn't really met up with him face to face.

 

But the thought that he hasn't made an effort to contact her gets Xiayan convinced that she's going to wind up unrequited. Bye bye to that friendship. Regardless of whatever Xiayan's mood was, Wenjing had stopped by her place, and literally dressed her and pulled her out od the house.

 

A mini picnic was being set up as Wenjing and Xiayan reached the park for a game of hide and seek, but as this 'picnic committee' only consisted of boys the menu was less than aesthetically pleasing. The only good thing being that everything were snacks they all enjoyed.

 

"Yixing!! We're here!!" Wenjing shouts from what seems like a mile away, a total anti-epitome of her own name. (A/N: Wen Jing in Chinese can be interpreted as shy, quiet, reserved)

"Huh- Oh Tao hurry up! They're here! We're supposed have started eating before they came!"

"Noooooo that means I have to share the onion rings- Duizhang, quick! Hide them!"

"I ain't doing anything. Tell Luhan to do it!"

"Huh?" Luhan snaps out of his daze as he heard his own name, and notices the figures of Wenjing and Xiayan in the distance before growing flustered internally and starts munching up the onion rings.

"Ge!! I said hide them not eat them!!" Tao cried as Luhan continued to eat his feelings, gradually calming down.

 

Oh dear.

 

The nightmare (or was it a daydream? A daze?) continued as Xiayan reluctantly settled herself into the only unoccupied spot on the picnic blanket that suddenly seemed very small, right beside him. Neither Luhan nor Xiayan looked at each other directly, but they both felt the other tense up whenever one of them moved even the slightest. Luhan tries to man up, all the while semi-forcing the group the finish the food quickly so they could play hide and seek, which was stupid because he didn't even like the game, but if he needed to man up he needed some time away from Xiayan.

 

"Okay! I'm seeker for the first game!" Wenjing announced with glee!

"NO! You always find me first!" Xiayan pouted. Luhan wasn't entirely happy with the news either. He definitely needed to gather enough courage and more importantly find Xiayan before Wenjing did. The announcement meant Luhan had a lot less time to man up and gather courage to face her than he had hoped. But the spark from the little adrenaline he had managed to build up already made him set on the idea to talk to Xiayan - or at least do something about... stuff.

 

"Okay, I'm gonna start counting!" Wenjing continued as the boys and Xiayan began to rush into the depths of the park. Xiayan desperately searches for a good hideout in hopes for some quiet time, even if it turns out that her best friend would find her in no time as if she had planted a tracking device onto her.

 

 

 

 

Two minutes passed by.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Another five.

 

 

 

 

This must be a record but Xiayan remains alert as she refuses to budge from being the ball she has curled herself into under this empty tree trunk. She almost thought something was wrong until she began hearing footsteps on dried leaves that grew louder just like her heartbeat and closed her eyes tightly.

 

The footsteps stopped, and something soft and warm landed onto Xiayan's forehead. Surprised, she slowly opened her eyes and could not believe it.

It was Luhan, this time repeating the motion - a soft kiss on her forehead - with her eyes open in stun.

”Gotcha.” Luhan smirked, wrapping his arms around Xiuyan. A nice gesture, considering the fact that the action covered Xiuyan's face, which was probably bright red.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  ”Gotcha both.” A familiar voice mocked. Luhan and Xiuyan both looked up, to find their seeker with an evil grin.

 

 

--------------------------------------------

omg it started to not make sense as i edited it ;_______;

I have an idea for a chaptered fic, but I'm a really slow writer and I'm not sure how committed I would be to the story. But I really wanna do it. Should I? Would anyone be interested in reading it?